Looking for the best Canon mirrorless camera you can buy right now? Good news: our list below features all of the top Canon models to suit every budget and style of shooting, based on the results of our comprehensive testing.
DSLR might remain the format of choice for traditionalists, but it’s hard to beat mirrorless if you want a combination of cutting-edge features, versatility, portability and photographic performance.
Ready to join the mirrorless revolution? From entry-level models for APS-C newbies to full-frame cameras that cost more than your monthly salary, this buying guide covers the very best mirrorless equipment you can purchase at this time – whatever your expectation. It also details the benefits and limitations of the mirrorless format, as explaining why you might want to make the switch from DSLR.
Our top overall pick right now is the Canon R. Small and light, it also handles well and features a full-frame sensor. Image quality is excellent, as is the electronic viewfinder, and falling prices mean it’s more accessible than ever. For most people, it’s the perfect mirrorless camera.
1. Canon R
- 30.3 Megapixel Full frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image...
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5,655 manually selectable AF points
2. Canon RP
- Lightest, smallest full-frame EOS camera
- RF mount compatible with RF lenses and EF/EF-S lenses
3. Canon M6 Mark II
- High image quality with 32.5 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 14 fps with AF/AE...
4. Canon M200
- Fast and accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with eye detection AF
- High-image quality with 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor.
5. Canon M6
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- High-Speed continuous shooting at up to 7.0 fps (up to 9.0...
6. Canon M100
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase detection
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS C) Sensor
7. Canon M50
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast, accurate autofocus that helps...
- 241 Megapixel APS C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 8 Image...
8. Canon M5
- Canon EOS M5 EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit
- Working temperature: 14 to 104°F / -10 to 40°C
9. Canon M3
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS C) sensor, ISO 100–12800...
- Hybrid CMOS AF III helps provide fast and accurate focusing...