Looking for the best Canon mirrorless camera you can buy right now? Good news: our list below features all of the top Canon models to suit every budget and style of shooting, based on the results of our comprehensive testing.
DSLR might remain the format of choice for traditionalists, but it’s hard to beat mirrorless if you want a combination of cutting-edge features, versatility, portability and photographic performance.
Ready to join the mirrorless revolution? From entry-level models for APS-C newbies to full-frame cameras that cost more than your monthly salary, this buying guide covers the very best mirrorless equipment you can purchase at this time – whatever your expectation. It also details the benefits and limitations of the mirrorless format, as explaining why you might want to make the switch from DSLR.
Our top overall pick right now is the Canon R. Small and light, it also handles well and features a full-frame sensor. Image quality is excellent, as is the electronic viewfinder, and falling prices mean it’s more accessible than ever. For most people, it’s the perfect mirrorless camera.
1. Canon R
- 30. 3 Megapixel Full frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5, 655 manually selectable AF points
- 4K 30P with Canon log and 10 bit 4: 2: 2 HDMI output; Dust and Drip Resistant
2. Canon RP
- Lightest, smallest full-frame EOS camera
- RF mount compatible with RF lenses and EF/EF-S lenses
- High image quality with 26. 2 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image processor
3. Canon M6 Mark II
- High image quality with 32.5 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 14 fps with AF/AE tracking
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5, 481 manually selectable AF positions*, and eye AF Servo support
4. Canon M200
- Fast and accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with eye detection AF
- High-image quality with 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor.
- 4K video and 4K time-lapse movie along with vertical video*.
5. Canon M6
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- High-Speed continuous shooting at up to 7.0 fps (up to 9.0 fps with AF lock)
- Built-in Wi-Fi**, NFC*** and Bluetooth
6. Canon M100
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase detection
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS C) Sensor
- Built in Wi Fi, NFC and Bluetooth
7. Canon M50
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast, accurate autofocus that helps you get the photo you want right as the moment happens
- 241 Megapixel APS C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 8 Image Processor delivers incredible color, clear details, and stunning range
- Vari angle Touchscreen LCD has a flexible tilt range ideal for high angle and low angle shooting, and reviewing your photos
8. Canon M5
- Canon EOS M5 EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Kit
- Working temperature: 14 to 104°F / -10 to 40°C
9. Canon M3
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS C) sensor, ISO 100–12800 (expandable to H: 25600) and DIGIC 6 Image Processor can help capture photos and videos with stunning detail even in challenging lighting situations
- Hybrid CMOS AF III helps provide fast and accurate focusing for stills and videos
- Front Dial and Exposure Compensation Dial help provide full manual control and offer customizable functions as well as improved operability and ease of use
10. Canon M10
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, ISO 100-12800 (expandable to H: 25600) and DIGIC 6 Image Processor can help capture photos and videos in stunning detail even in challenging lighting situations
- Hybrid CMOS AF II helps deliver speedy and accurate autofocus along with a maximum continuous shooting speed of up to 4.6 fps to capture fast action
- Intuitive touch screen 3.0 tilt-type (180° up) LCD monitor (approximately 1,040,000 dots) can be perfect for selfies and allows focusing and shooting, easy menu navigation and simple viewing of...