The following is a roundup of some of the top cheap action cameras. They aim to assist you in capturing your outdoor activities without putting a significant dent in your financial resources. The webcams shown on this page have all been selected because they provide a high bang for the buck.
$99.99 in stock
- UPGRADE SERIES OF AKASO V50: Featuring 4K/30fps, 2.7K 30fps and 2K 60fps video resolution, AKASO V50X action camera enables you to take incredible ultra HD videos, clearly recording the beauty and wonders in life.
- INTUITIVE TOUCH SCREEN: With a touch screen and simple, streamlined capture modes, it's easy to jump right in and get great shots. Just swipe and tap.
- ELECTRONIC IMAGE STABILIZATION: AKASO V50X action camera records smooth, steady video whether you’re skiing, snorkeling or chasing your dog around the yard.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: AKASO V50X action camera comes with 2 rechargeable 1350mAh batteries which support video recording up to 180 minutes. And 17 accessories kit fits most action cameras even Gopro.
- ADJUSTABLE VIEW ANGLE: You can set the view angle of this action camera according to your needs between 170°, 140°, 110° and 70°. Turn on Distortion Calibration, it can correct the image distortion.
A great option for those looking for an affordable action camera that still has a lot of features and can capture high-quality video and photos.
ThiEYE T5 Pro
- 【NATIVE 4K ULTRA HD ACTION CAMERA】 ThiEYE T5 Pro action camera records 4K 60/ 30fps, 2.7K 60/ 30fps, 1080P 120/ 60/ 30fps, 720P 240/ 120/ 60fps video and 20MP photos using a 170° super wide-angle 7G lens, which makes this sport camera the perfect partner to capture super smooth footage for you.
- 【SUPERB IMAGE STABLIZATION & DISTORTION CORRECTION】 Advanced 6 axis gyro stabilization function (EIS) supports 4K 30fps & 1080P 60/ 30fps gyro anti shake, minimizing blur to provide clear and stable images. Distortion collection function eliminates the distortion to get more natural shooting effect.
- 【REMOTE CONTROL & WiFi/ APP CONTROL】 Editing and sharing your special-effect pics with 'ThiEYE LIVE' App on your Android or iOS devices. You can also easily and remotely control your action camera 4K with a Bluetooth remote control.
- 【197 FEET WATERPROOF SPORTS CAMERA & 360° ROTATING BUCKLE】 T5 Pro sports action camera is designed to withstand extreme environments, together with durable 197 feet waterproof case. Multifunctional and unique designed 360° rotating buckle enables you to mount your camera to helmet, bicycles, wrist, etc.
- 【LONGER BATTERIY LIFE & 2.0’’ ULTRA HD IPS TOUCH SCREEN】 ThiEYE T5 Pro 4K action camera comes with 2* 1100mAh rechargeable battery and supports up to 128G micro SD card (U3 or V30 required). What is more, built in 2.0’’ ultra-HD IPS touch screen helps to achieve first-rate dynamic effect. If you have any problems, feel free to contact us. We will reply you within 24 hours. Also, welcome to contact ThiEYE's technical support team for firmware updating.
A waterproof up to 131 ft/40m with waterproof case, which allows you to take the camera underwater for swimming and snorkeling.
- Superb Image Quality – Records 4K/30fps (100mbps), 2. 7k/60fps, 1080p/120fps, 720p/240fps video, and 12MP raw image with build-in Sony IMX377 image sensor and Amarelle dual-core A9SE75; Equipped with advanced video stabilization (EIS) can capture super smooth footage at 2. 7k/60fps.
- Long battery life – high capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery records up to 120mins of 4K/30Fps video with a single charge. High performing cooling system prevents YI 4K Action Camera of overheating and enables stable video recording.
- Intuitive touchscreen UI - built-in 2. 2” high responsive LCD Touchscreen with 640 x 360 high resolution for easy setting, previewing and shooting. Newly released voice command makes shooting even easier than before. Touchscreen is made with Gorilla glass Retina to Resist scratches and daily impact.
- Instant sharing -- built-in Bluetooth and high speed 5GHz/2. 4GHz Wi-Fi support for wireless remote control and the YI action app for instant photo and video editing, sharing and live streaming to social media.
- Advanced features – always Update to the latest firmware (1. 8. 25) to enjoy the extra features. Flexible settings of is/WB/shutter/EV/meter for 12MP raw File help you produce high quality images even in low-light condition; multi record/capture modes, including burst, slow-motion, time-lapse, etc., get more creative and fun. Voice control is available with the latest firmware.
A little more expensive than the other budget-friendly options, but the improved image quality and advanced features may be worth the extra cost for some users.
Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4k
- Video Recorder At 4k Resolution is Four Time The Resolution of 1080p HD Video,Offering Superior Sharpness and Quality
- One Secret To Having A High Definition Shot is Adequate Lightning Mijia Developed a Dash Camera That Packs f/2.8 Aperture Lets You Recoed A Pin sharp Low Light Footage
- Xiaomi Mijia action camera comes with an IMX317 image sensor, 7 glass lens, Ambarella A12S75 chipset, 1450mAh lithium battery, 2.4â€ touch screen and much more
- 7 layers of optical glass lenses combined with f2.8 large aperture increase the light intake and capture more delicated and clear pictures
- High capacity 1450mAh battery enables long-lasting shooting, it can use for up to 120mins under 4K mode.
An action camera that offers advanced features and image quality, similar to the YI 4K. It is known for its small size and powerful capabilities.
AKASO Brave 6
- UPGRADE SERIES OF AKASO BRAVE 4: Featuring 4K/24fps, 2K/30fps and 1080P/60FPS video resolution and 20MP photos, AKASO Brave 6 action camera enables you to shoot stunning Full HD video and unique time lapse videos-perfect for sharing.
- VOICE CONTROL: You can control your AKASO Brave 6 action camera hands free with voice commands Like “AKASO Video Start” and “AKASO Take Photo”.
- ADVANCED IMAGE STABILIZATION: Built-in Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) delivers steady and smooth videos in up to 4K/24fps resolution, this sports camera ensures excellent experience in shooting fast-moving objects.
- OPTIONAL VIEW ANGLE: The view angle of this action camera can be set between 170°, 140°, 110°, and 70° according to your needs.
- 98FT WATERPROOF CAMERA: Equipped with the waterproof case, this underwater camera can deep dive up to 98 feet, ready to capture all details of your adventures. Ideal for water sports such as swimming, surfing, diving, snorkeling, etc.
A budget action camera with some great features. The voice control, touch screen, external mic input and overall quality of the footage at 30fps is superb
AKASO Brave 7 LE
$111.99 in stock
- BORN ALL-WEATHER ACTION CAMERA - Brave 7 LE action camera is weatherproof and distinct to unlock all the filming scenarios and ease your vlogging experience. Its IPX7 water-resistant design can protect the action camera from rain, snow and water splashing. Your underwater adventure can even down to 131FT/40M while equipped with the included waterproof housing.
- CONVENIENT DUAL-DISPLAY - With innovate dual color screens design, you can change framing and monitoring views between back and front, especially the vivid front screen can satisfy your selfies need and 2-inch back touch screen makes it easy to use than ever.
- SHOOT 4K VIDEO & 20MP PHOTO - This action camera can take hyper-quality 4K 30Fps video and 20MP photo, recording your adventure without missing any details!
- ELECTRONIC IMAGE STABILIZATION 2.0 - This action camera is equipped with improved 6-axis EIS, it can provide gimbal-like stabilization and greatly boost the stability and fluency of your recording. It can enable excellent footage even you or the object is in fast-moving.
- A FULL SET OF PROFESSIONAL FUNCTIONS & FREE ACCESSORIES - Digital zoom function and various shooting modes, such as time-lapse, burst photo and fast motion, help you create your footage beyond imagination. Included accessories of 2 rechargeable batteries, remote, waterproof housing and multifunctional mounting kits help you expand your usage scenarios with pleasant budget.
AKASO Brave 7 LE is adequate for action video. It's incredibly portable and comes with many mounting accessories in the box. It also comes with a built-in tripod mount.
AKASO Brave 7
- Upgrade series of AKASO Brave 7 LE: Featuring 4K30fps, 2.7K30FPS video resolution and 20MP photos, AKASO Brave 7 action camera enables you to take incredible photos and ultra HD videos, clearly recording the beauty and wonders in life!
- 10M/33FT Waterproof Camera without Case: AKASO Brave 7 waterproof camera is waterproof to 33ft (10m) without case. It is ideal for extreme sports such as surfing, diving etc. Its IPX8 water-resistant design lets unlock all the filming scenarios and ease your vlogging experience.
- Visual Remote Control: This remote control is equipped with a built-in LCD screen which mirrors your camera's status screen for quick confirmation of camera functions, which enables you to know whether your camera is recording video or not.
- Convenient dual-display: With innovate dual color screens design, you can change framing and monitoring views between back and front, especially the vivid front screen can satisfy your selfies need and 2-inch back touch screen makes it easy to use than ever.
- Adjustable view angle: You can set the view angle of this action camera according to your needs between 170°, 140°, 110° and 70°. Turn on Distortion Calibration, it can correct the image distortion.
AKASO Brave 7 LE is okay for vlogging. It has a front-facing screen that lets you monitor the image as you record when shooting in a selfie position.
2 used from $253.99
- Rugged + waterproof : Share experiences you can’t capture with your phone; Hero7 white is tough, tiny, totally waterproof and up for any adventure
- Intuitive touch screen : With a touch screen and simple, streamlined capture modes, it’s easy to jump right in and get great shots; Just swipe and tap
- Full hd video: Hero7 white records beautiful full hd video; you can also shoot unique time lapse videos to turn longer events into short, shareable moments
- 10MP photos : Hero7 white takes high quality 10MP photos; and with burst mode, you can get 15 photos in one second so you never miss a moment
- Video stabilization : Adios shaky footage; Hero7 white records smooth, steady video whether you’re skiing, snorkeling or chasing your dog around the yard
A waterproof action camera with touch screen 4k ultra HD video, 12mp photos, 720p live streaming stabilization.
$36.95 in stock
1 used from $49.99
- Capture 5.1 MP digital zoom photos
- HD video recording and resolution allow for crystal clear stunning photos and video
- 2.0” preview screen lets you reminsce the action by allowing you to watch your videos or flick through photographs
- Durable and waterproof up to 30 feet
- Waterproof casing, helmet mount, ATV/bicycle mount and free standing mount included to cover any type activity from family gatherings to action packed adventures
Capture the action with the Vivitar DVR 783HD ActionCam, complete with a waterproof case to help you to get the best video in any situation.
$128.99 in stock
- Kids camera is durable, versatile and able to capture the most memorable moments; action cam is a waterproof camera meant for kids
- 2 mounts attach the kids digital camera to bikes, skateboards and more; underwater camera comes with a waterproof case to take photos and videos in up to 6 feet underwater
- Features 1.4-inch color video camera LCD screen and the ability to take videos, photos, stop-motion videos and time-lapse photos
- Kids action camera comes with kids games, fun photo effects, frames and filters; download photos and videos using included micro USB cable
- Toy camera has a rechargeable Li-ion Polymer battery with continuous photo-taking and recording time of 2.5 hours, Action cam has a micro memory card slot; with a 32GB micro memory card (sold separately) the camera records 240 minutes of 640 x 480 video or 278,400 photos
The Action Cam is a kid-friendly video camera that can withstand rough use, making it an excellent choice for children's first video camera.
$109.99 in stock
1 used from $96.02
- 【4K/60FPS Video & 24MP Photo】WOLFANG GA300 action camera is a built-in 4K camera that offers up to 4K video resolution at a frame rate of 60 frames per second to capture all the details of your adventure. And its photo capture resolution can go up to 24MP, which clearly reproduces the shooting scene and freezes the beautiful picture at the moment of shooting.
- 【40M Waterproof Camera & Dive Mode】Included waterproof case protects GA300 underwater camera from diving to depths of up to 40 meters. Perfect for water sports like swimming, surfing, diving, snorkeling and motor boating, etc. Dive mode significantly reduces blue or green light underwater, correcting colors to make your videos look more vivid and natural.
- 【Dual Microphone & Plenty of Accessories】GA300 sport camera comes with an external noise canceling microphone to capture clearer sounds in noisy environments. The included multi-function mounting accessories can meet the needs of different usage scenarios, such as bike, motorcycle, riding, snorkeling, diving, skiing, without buying additional accessories.
- ⛷【6-Axis Stabilize & Eight Times Zoom】GA300 helmet camera has an advanced electronic 6-axis EIS stabilize, which greatly improves the stability and smoothness of the video. When doing strenuous activity, the video is still silky smooth, and it's easy to capture the dynamic and wonderful moments of the activity. With eight times zoom function, master the shooting distance.
- 【Sensitive Touchscreen & Extensive Functions】 WOLFANG GA300 go pro camera has a sensitive touchscreen that can respond quickly with a light touch of your finger. GA300 gopro has features like auto video recording, noise reduction, slow-motion/time-lapse, time-lapse recording, burst recording, etc., which are full of potential for capturing all sorts of content.
A camera that shoots stills in up to 20 megapixels and features 8x zoom, so you're not just limited to slightly warped-looking images through its 170º wide-angle fisheye lens.
And just because the price is lower doesn’t mean you have to give up any of the best features; thanks to trickle-down technology, some of the products in our lineup boast top-of-the-line features that were once only available on the most expensive models; we’re talking about 4K60FPS video, in-camera image stabilization, hyper-lapse video modes, HDR photography, and more.
You will want to look at our rating of the finest action cameras if you are interested in the most sophisticated models (currently topped by the outstanding but admittedly expensive GoPro HERO 11 Black). But even if your finances won’t allow you to spend so much or your requirements don’t justify such an expenditure, the inexpensive action cameras you’ll find on this page are nonetheless outstanding.
The industry leader GoPro raises the bar even higher for itself with each new product release; nevertheless, even older GoPro cameras have a vast array of capabilities and are more likely to be included in a GoPro purchase.
Now that the HERO 11 has been released, even the exceptional GoPro HERO 10 Black may be purchased at a discounted cost. And that’s not the only action camera line that’s worth a look, either, and there are lots of outstanding GoPro alternatives in our ranking – one of the leading brands to look out for is Akaso – many of which have one-of-a-kind USPs that could fit your needs even better than others.
Height: 1.6″ (4.1 cm) | Width: 2.4″ (6.0 cm) | Depth: 1.3″ (3.2 cm) | Volume: 4.8 in³ (78.7 cm³) | Weight: 0.15 lbs (0.07 kg)
- Compact design with a sturdy outer case.
- Excellent video stabilization performance.
- Middling video quality in FHD and 4k.
- No autofocus system.
AKASO is quickly becoming one of the most well-known in the market for cheap action cameras. However, the only camera in their lineup that can record at 4K at 30 frames per second is the flagship model, the V50.
The Akaso V50X is the improved version of the V50, which you have probably never heard of because it has been enhanced. On the other hand, in terms of specifications, it is considerably more analogous to the earlier V50 Pro than it is to the V50. It has a touchscreen with an IPS display measuring 2 inches, a viewing angle that can be adjusted, WiFi, and a gyroscope, just like the V50 Pro.
The 20-megapixel Sony sensor creates breathtaking footage during the day and sound video recordings throughout the night (no action camera can produce great nighttime footage because the sensors are so small). In addition, because you can record at broad angles of up to 170 degrees, you won’t be able to miss anything in the photos you take.
Compared to the V50, the touchscreen is undoubtedly the most significant and pleasant new addition. In addition, this brings it closer to other GoPro models, including touchscreens, since the HERO5 mode is already relatively old.
Screen: 2.0 inch IPS | Video Resolution: 4K 30fps/ 2.7k 30fps/ 1440P 60fps/ 1080P 60fps/ 720P 120fps | Sensor: Panasonic MN34120 Sensor | Field of View: Wide (170degrees), Medium, Narrow. | Image Resolution: 20M/ 16M/ 12M/ 10M/ 8M/ 5M/ 3M/ VGA | Storage: micro SD up to 128GB | Shooting Mode: Single Shot / Self-timer (1s/3s/5s/10s) | Time-lapse Video: 1s/2s/5s/10s/the 30s/60s | Battery Capacity: 3.7V Li-ion Battery 1350 mAh
- Remote control
- 4K Camera quality
- Voice control
- It doesn’t fit some GoPro accessories
- Battery life could be better
- It needs a waterproof case to go underwater
The Apeman Two is one of the most reasonably priced native 4K action cameras you can get. It records high-quality video with electronic image stabilization and has everything you need to get started capturing video.
In the past, it had an advantage over the AKASO V50 because it fits larger 1350mAh batteries, providing it with longer battery life. However, this advantage is void because the V50X is now equipped with 1350mAh batteries. As a result, both can continuously record an impressive 180 minutes at a resolution of 1080p.
Compared to the AKASO V50X, its f 1.8 lens and Panasonic image sensor enable it to shoot better resolution still photographs at 20MP. Still, whether my action camera captures 12MP or 20MP photos doesn’t make much difference. Additionally, the price is reduced somewhat.
On the other hand, the TRAWO’s 2-inch IPS retina display does not have a touchscreen, which makes using the camera a little bit more complicated than it might be. Indeed, the vast majority of the time, all you need to do is push the record button, but for the other ten percent of the time, there’s no touchscreen to help you through the convoluted menus.
Video: UHD 4K & 2.5K at 30 fps | 1080p up to 120 fps / 720p up to 240 fps | Max Image: 12MP Photos | Max Burst: 30 fps Burst Mode | Lens: Ultra-Wide-Angle Glass Lens
- +Weighs just 94g
- Detailed 4K video at 30fps for two hours
- +Smooth 1080p at 120fps
- –Too easy to switch on and off accidentally
- No voice-activated controls or GPS
It is not a secret that Yi is GoPro’s most significant rival. The image quality of the Yi 4K+ is frequently compared to that of the HERO line of cameras produced by GoPro.
The Yi 4K, the younger brother of the 4K+, may frequently be obtained at a price lower than $100. In addition, the Yi 4K is a highly reliable action camera since it can record in 4K at 30 frames per second, it can take 12-megapixel raw still images with electronic image stabilization, and it has a great scratch-resistant, 2.2-inch touchscreen display made of gorilla glass.
The total cost of the bundle is somewhat high considering its contents. In addition, it does not come with an accessory pack, which is often included when you purchase an inexpensive action camera.
Even if most of us don’t intend to put our action cameras to our heads or take them swimming, that isn’t the point of having them in the first place. Unfortunately, it does not provide the same excellent value for the money it did in 2017, even though it is a camera that is not superior to the AKASO V50X or the Apeman TRAWO.
Dimensions: 71.5 × 42.7 × 29.5 mm | Weight: 99g | Display: Built-in 2.4-inch touchscreen, 960×480pixels | Processor: Ambarella A12S75
- Lightweight (99 grams)
- Excellent Battery Life
- Good Low light filming
- No Lens Cover Included
- Waterproof case sold separately
- Image stabilization without Gimbal
In just a few short years, Xiaomi has rapidly built a solid name for itself as a maker of Android phones that are both of good quality and affordable price. It would appear that they are also attempting to get into the market for action cameras now.
The Xiaomi MI Mijia 4K is a top-tier native 4K action camera that the company offers. The quality of the capture is comparable to that of the V50X and the Yi 4K. Additionally, the camera body has a very sophisticated and seductive appearance.
Although there was a great deal of excitement surrounding the launch of the Mijia 4K, the product’s sales have not been very impressive. This is partly because it is prohibitively costly (it costs over $100 and does not support 4K at 60 frames per second), and somewhat, its maximum field of vision is restricted to 145 degrees.
Product type: Action camera | Max Resolution: 4K@30fps | Screen: 2-inch touchscreen | Controls: Direct, Touch, Voice | Waterproof: 40m with housing
- Packed with features
- Good quality 4K result
- Decent build quality for the price
- The poor physical connection between the housing and camera buttons
- 60fps and above video quality is poor
It’s possible that utilizing a remote or fumbling about with the buttons on the action camera itself will become too cumbersome to bear at some point.
I’ve recently started using voice commands to manage my GoPro, but I’ve found that it’s a beneficial function.
Action cameras have recently added the capability to be controlled by speech through the use of a variety of spoken commands. However, even the most affordable action cameras have not yet implemented this capability in most models.
Regarding entry-level action cameras that support voice commands and cost less than one hundred dollars, your sole option is the AKASO Brave 6. (besides the more expensive ThiEYE T5 Edge I discussed earlier).
The voice commands are often comprised of brief words such as “Akaso Take Photo,” and the microphone inside the camera will pick up these phrases.
The AKASO Brave 6 comes equipped with a respectable 20-megapixel sensor, which is analogous to the one found in the AKASO EK7000. However, nothing particularly remarkable about it; it is typical of a good budget action camera.
Camera type: Action cam | Maximum video resolution: 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 60fps | Stills resolution: 20Mp | Stabilization: 6-axis | Screen: 2-inch rear touchscreen, small front screen | Connectivity: 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, HDMI | Weatherproofing: IPX7 water-resistance, waterproof case for down to 40m
- Water-resistant without the supplied housing
- Good interface
- Poor waterproof housing design
- Poor results at frame rates above 30fps
Next up on our list of the best cheap action cameras is the Akaso Brave 7, a budget camera that yet manages to include a ton of enticing features and for which we believe the suggested retail price is more than justified. For example, it can record 4K video at 30 frames per second (although the image stabilization isn’t excellent), and it can capture still photographs at up to 20 megapixels, with a burst mode that can shoot up to 12-megapixel pictures at up to 15 frames per second.
It is waterproof up to 10 meters without the case, it features a 2-inch touchscreen on the back for straightforward controls, and it comes with a remote and supports voice commands in addition to being waterproof up to 10 meters. There are many cameras for the price, but don’t expect it to feel as lovely in your hands as a GoPro.
Video: 4K30, 2.7K30, 2K60, 2K30, 1080P90, and more | Photo: 20MP, 16MP, 12MP, 10MP, 8MP, 5MP | Burst: up to 12MP at 3 to 15 shots per second | Time Lapse Video: 0.2, 0.3, 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60-second intervals | Timewarp Video: None | Night Photo: 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 second exposure times | Waterproofing: 10 meters or 33 feet without the case | Touchscreen: 2″ rear LCD | GPS: None | Voice Control: Yes | Stabilisation: Electronic image stabilization
- +Up to 4K 30FPS video recording
- Affordable and easy to use
- +Comes with remote control and voice control
- -Short battery life
- The touchscreen is not very responsive
- -Image stabilization is not amazing
The Akaso Brave 7 LE is number Seven on our top affordable action cameras list. The palm of your hand is the perfect size for holding this camcorder. It weighs 127 grams, giving it a substantial feel, and the body, which is curved and made of metal and plastic, makes it seem and feel like a camera that would cost far more.
Voice control, time-lapse capabilities, and six-axis image stabilization are some of the features included in the Brave 7 LE, in addition to its most notable attribute, which is a screen located on the front of the device. However, this feature is usually reserved for more expensive models.
Considering that it also comes with a remote control, two batteries, a wide variety of mounts, and a waterproof enclosure, you’ll see that this camera offers an incredible amount of bang for your buck. Unfortunately, it isn’t easy to find a camera that can compete with the Akaso Brave 7 LE in terms of its sturdy design, extensive feature set, and wallet-friendly pricing.
Video quality: 1440p30, 1080p60 | Battery life: 2 hours | Waterproof: 10m without case
- Touchscreen+10 meter waterproofing without case+Digital video stabilization
- No 4K video-Frame required for mounting
The GoPro HERO 7 White is currently the best affordable action camera available. This handy camera was initially introduced in October 2018 as a cheaper alternative to GoPro’s flagship HERO 7 Black model.
Even though it is far from being the greatest GoPro currently available, the HERO 7 White still provides some excellent action cam technology in streamlined packaging that is, most importantly, relatively easy on the pocketbook.
The H7 White is compatible with most GoPro accessories, such as the company’s extensive range of mounts and housings. However, in contrast to the more recent GoPro models, there is not a ‘bunny ear’ mounting system built in, which means that you will need to place your camera inside of a frame before you can mount it to anything. The camera is also resistant to stress and can withstand water pressure up to 10 meters.
The two-inch touchscreen is snappy and can be used in bright sunlight. It offers quick access to the playing and settings functions. A built-in battery that cannot be removed provides approximately two hours of operation on a single charge.
Weight: 220g | Waterproof: Yes, to 3 metres | 4K video: No | 1080p video: No | 720p video: Yes (frame rate unspecified) | Stills resolution: 5 megapixels | Battery life: Not specified
- Supplied with helmet and bike mounts
- Can’t be used in water at a depth of more than three meters
- -Fairly low-resolution stills and video-
This more conventional-looking and cheap action camera from Vivitar, available in various body colors, ticks most of the boxes despite offering a fairly pedestrian level of specification. It captures images at 5.1 megapixels, records video at a high definition 720P, and is waterproof to a depth of 10 feet or three meters.
This equipment keeps things straightforward by including a lithium-ion battery and charger, in addition to a helmet and bike mount, for recording video while the user is moving around. While this camera may not have a lot of bells and whistles, it does have a 1.8-inch LCD screen; like most other cameras in its class, it writes photographs to a microSD card.
Weight: 649g | Waterproof: Waterproof case supplied | 4K video: No | 1080p video: No | 720p video: Yes | Stills resolution: 1 megapixel | Battery life: 150 minute per charge
- It comes with a waterproof housing and a floating handle
- Fun design
- Suitable for children aged five and above
- Requires additional housing to be fully waterproof down to 6ft
- Low-resolution stills
Children can use this exciting action camera when young as five, so parents can start their children a head start in filmmaking. But, unfortunately, the fundamental camera specifications are nothing to write about; it can only shoot in 720p, which only narrowly meets the criteria for high definition (HD). Moreover, the resolution of the still images is a mediocre one megapixel.
However, this camera is all about having fun, and it makes capturing action footage simple thanks to the fact that it comes with a floating handle, a waterproof shell, and a clamp that can be used to connect the camera to a bike. The camera has an internal capacity of 128 MB. However, it is highly recommended that you get a microSD card to ensure plenty of space for video recordings.
Weight: 67g | Waterproof: Yes, to 40 metres with dive case | 4K video: At up to 60fps | 1080p video: At up to 120fps | 720p video: At up to 240fps | Stills resolution: 20 megapixels | Battery life: Up to 80 minute per charge
- Built-in tripod thread
- Excellent stills
- Responsive touchscreen
- No 24p/25p frame rates
- -Average image stabilization
- No external mic support
This model falls in the center of Wolfang’s lineup of inexpensive action cameras, with a marginally lower price than our benchmark of one hundred dollars. It has a wide variety of resolutions and frame rates, letting you shoot 4K at either 60fps or the conventional 30fps, and for slow-mo lovers, the choice of a 240 frame-per-second option at 720p is also wanted. It impresses with its wide range of resolutions and frame rates on paper.
The camera comes with an entire package of mounts and accessories, one of which is a free underwater housing that can withstand depths up to 40 meters. This freebie is quite helpful. Check out our comprehensive review of the Wolfang GA300 here.
When looking for the best action camera, there are several factors to consider:
- Resolution: The camera’s resolution will determine the footage’s quality. 4K key is currently the highest available and offers the best quality.
- Photo Quality: If you’re planning to take still photos with your action camera, look for one with high resolution and advanced features such as burst mode and time-lapse.
- Stabilization: Look for cameras with built-in image stabilization technology to help produce smooth, steady footage.
- Waterproof and Durability: Most action cameras come with a waterproof case and are rated in meters to go underwater. Check if the camera you’re considering is durable enough for your intended use.
- Battery Life: Consider the battery life of the camera. A camera with a long battery life will allow you to capture more footage without stopping and changing batteries.
- Additional features: Some cameras have built-in GPS, voice control, or live streaming capabilities. Decide which features are important to you and look for cameras that offer them.
- Brand & Price: Finally, you can check for the brand reputation and read reviews from other users. Compare the prices and features and choose the one that fits your budget and needs.
It’s also a good idea to compare different models and read customer reviews to get a sense of the pros and cons of each camera before making a decision.
What is the best low-budget action camera?
Several low-budget action cameras available on the market offer good quality and features for their price. Some popular options include the AKASO Brave 6, AKASO Brave 7 & & LE, the AKASO V50X Native 4K, and the GoPro HERO 7.
What is the best action camera in low light?
“The GoPro Hero 7 is considered the best action camera in low light conditions, with its powerful sensor, HyperSmooth 3.0 video stabilization, and Night Lapse mode for stunning low light footage.”
What is the best action camera for beginners? In 40 words
The AKASO V50X is considered a great beginner action camera; it offers 4K/30fps video, 20MP photos, built-in WiFi, and various shooting modes. It’s easy to use and has a waterproof case included at an affordable price.
is 4k better than 1080p Camera in 40 words
Yes, 4K resolution is generally better than 1080p as it offers a higher resolution image with more pixels and greater detail. Also, 4K cameras can crop and zoom in on footage without losing quality, making them more versatile.