Before we get started with our reviews of the best cheap cameras for YouTube, we’ll take a quick look at the history of making online videos. There was a time when capturing video was something only found in the realm of professionals, but this has changed dramatically in recent years. Now anyone can pick up a camera and start recording.
Thanks to the ever-changing world of technology, you don’t need to be a professional to record video. The cameras that we have in the modern world are equipped with everything you need to record a video. Right now, if you want to make a video and upload it to YouTube, you can just grab a digital camera and begin recording. The best thing about these compact cameras and the best mirrorless camera is that they have excellent video quality. We have listed down the best cheap cameras for content creation for youtube in 2021.
Best Cheap Camera For Youtube Content Creation In 2021
1. Sony ZV-1
- Fast Hybrid AF, Real Time Eye-AF3 and Real-time AF tracking
- Quickly switch between two modes of defocused background bokeh
- Product showcase setting transitions focus from face to object
- Face priority AE keeps faces bright in backlit or dim condition
- What's in the box: Rechargeable battery pack (NP-BX1), Micro USB cable, wind screen, wind screen adaptor, strap
Vloggers and influencers rejoice, the Sony ZV-1 is a purpose-built compact camera blending the proven imaging capabilities of the RX100-series platform with an updated physical design for more efficient content creation. Featuring a side flip-out 3.0″ touchscreen and a directional 3-capsule microphone that are perfect for front-facing recording, the ZV-1 also caters to this crowd with the Product Showcase Setting, Background Defocus function, Soft Skin Effect, and Face Priority Auto-Exposure.
2. Canon EOS M50
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast, accurate autofocus that helps you get the photo you want right as the moment happens
- 241 Megapixel APS C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 8 Image Processor delivers incredible color, clear details, and stunning range
- Vari angle touchscreen LCD has a flexible tilt range ideal for high angle and low angle shooting, and reviewing your photos
- Built in high resolution electronic viewfinder features approximately 2,360,000 dots to see high amounts of detail when capturing
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your compatible Canon camera into a high-quality webcam
Check Out: Best Canon EOS M50 Lenses
The Canon EOS M50 is a midrange mirrorless camera with a 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor, DIGIC 8 processor and Dual Pixel AF. With select lenses it offers Dual Pixel coverage of 88% x 100% and 143 AF points, with other lenses offering 80% x 80% coverage and 99 AF factors. The M50 is the first Canon camera to use the CR3 Raw format, allowing for up to 50% smaller file sizes. The M50 is capable of taking burst at 7.4 fps with continuous autofocus for up to 10 Natural or 47 JPEGs.
The M50 has a fully articulating 3″ touchscreen LCD with 1.04 million dots as well as an OLED electronic viewfinder with 2.36M dots. It can record 4K UHD video at 30p, albeit with a substantial crop and no Dual Pixel AF. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
3. Sony RX100 V
- ELECTRONIC VIEW FINDER: retractable Tru-Finder EVF provides sharp resolution, bright self-illumination, and high contrast to view shots and adjust settings through a ZEISS T* coated eyepiece.
- AUTO FOCUS: World’s fastest (0.05 sec.) hybrid AF system (contrast + phase) which is great for action and wildlife photography
- AF DETECTION: The most comprehensive phase detection coverage in a compact camera utilizing 315 Auto Focus points
- SHOOTING SPEED: World’s fastest continuous shooting speed at 24fps3 w/ autofocus and auto exposure tracking to ensure exceptional high-speed photography
- IMAGE SENSOR: 20.1 megapixel 1" Exmor RS stacked back illuminated CMOS sensor w/ DRAM for outstanding image quality and continuous shooting.Battery life(still images)(CIPA):Up to 330 shots / 165 minutes
- 4K VIDEO: 4K movie w/ direct pixel readout, no pixel binning and fast hybrid AF make the RX100V one of the best cameras for vlogging
- SUPER SLOW MOTION VIDEO: Up to 960 fps super slow motion movies
- OPTICAL ZOOM: 3.6x zoom to get the most out of your compact camera
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 V is the latest addition to Sony’s popular lineup of 1″ enthusiast compacts. The major additions to the Mark V are on-sensor phase-detection AF, and a burst rate of 24 fps with full-time focusing. The AF system takes the same 25-pt contrast-detect program and adds 315 PDAF points that cover 65% of the frame. 4K video is oversampled without pixel binning and saved using the XAVC S codec.
The RX100 V continues to offer a 20.1MP 1″-type stacked CMOS sensor, 24-70mm F1.8-2.8 lens, pop-up EVF and built-in Wi-Fi w/NFC.
4. Panasonic Lumix G9
- Professional photo and video performance 20 3-Megapixel (Plus 80-megapixel high-resolution Jpeg/raw in-camera image) micro Four Thirds sensor with no low pass filter to confidently capture sharp images with a high Dynamic Range and artifact-free performance
- Rugged splash/freeze proof design durable magnesium alloy body withstands heavy use out in the field and is freeze proof down to -10-degrees splash/dustproof construction with weather sealing on every joint dial and button
- Class-leading dual image stabilization 5-axis Dual image stabilization corrects all lenses including classic lenses not equipped with O I S to eliminate Blur and nearly eliminate body and lens shake in both photo and 4K video recording
- 4K 60P video 4:2:2 10bit & slow-motion effects silky-smooth 4K 60P recording (QFHD 4K 3840 x 2160/MP4) in 4:2:2 10bit high-speed video recording yields a dramatic slow-motion effect in 4K (60 fps max 2x slower [30P playback]) or full HD (180 fps max 6x slower [30P playback]) quality
- Connectivity and ports listen to headphones with a 3.5mm audio port connect to devices with USB 3.0 and connect to an external monitor or external Recorder with a full-size HDMI port available Twin SD card slots (UHS-II U3 compatible)
- Lens Type: Telephoto
- Mounting Type: Bayonet
Check Out: Panasonic Lumix G9 Lenses
The Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 is a speed-oriented Micro Four Thirds camera. It features a 20.3MP CMOS sensor, in-body image stabilization capable of up to 6.5 stops of shake reduction and an updated version of the company’s Depth from Defocus AF system.
5. Canon G9 X Mark II
- 1.0 Inch, 20.1 Megapixel High sensitivity CMOS sensor
- Digic 7 image processor. Compatible with iOS versions 8.4,9.3 and 10.2 and Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.1,4.2,4.3,4.4,5.0,5.1,6.0,7.0,7.1
- Ultra slim, lightweight and pocket size camera
- Features: Touch screen panel (capacitive type)
The PowerShot G9 X Mark II from Canon mixes a compact form factor with advanced imaging capabilities. Pairing a 20.1MP 1″ CMOS sensor with a DIGIC 7 image processor, this combination produces clean, high-resolution image quality well-suited to working in difficult lighting conditions, with extended sensitivity to ISO 12800, and also avails quick shooting performance up to 8.2 fps for working with moving subjects.
Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported, as well as in-camera time-lapse movies for producing dynamic moving image content. Complementing the imaging capabilities is a versatile 3x optical zoom lens, which covers a wide-angle to portrait-length 28-84mm equivalent focal length range, and Dynamic IS benefits this reach by minimizing the appearance of camera shake. The slim camera body also features a 3.0″ touchscreen LCD for intuitive control and also built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth for wirelessly transferring imagery and remotely controlling the digital camera from a mobile device.
6. Sony A6400
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM, large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- Enhanced subject capture: wide 425 Phase/ 425 contrast detection points over 84 percent of the sensor
- Fast & accurate: Up to 11Fps continuous shooting at 24.2 MP raw with crisp, clear natural colors
- Multiple movie functions: Make time lapse movies or slow/quick motion videos without post processing
- Tiltable LCD screen: customizable for vlogging, still photography or recording a professional film
- In the box: rechargeable battery (NP FW50) AC adaptor (ac uud12), shoulder strap, body cap, accessory shoe cap, eyepiece cup, micro USB cable. Metering Type: 1200 zone evaluative metering
Check Out: Best Sony A6400 Lenses
The Sony Alpha a6400 from Sony is an APS-C-format mirrorless camera that adopts many of the features normally reserved for their full-frame lineup. This includes an autofocus acquisition of 0.02 seconds, Real-time Eye AF and Real-time Tracking capabilities, high-speed shooting up to 11 fps and silent shooting around 8 fps, both with AF/AE tracking, an upgraded BIONZ X image processing engine, an LCD touchscreen that tilts 180° up and 74° down, UHD 4K movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning, internal recording for time-lapse videos, and more.
7. Panasonic Lumix FZ80
- Point and Shoot Long Zoom Camera: 18.1 megapixel MOS sensor plus 60X zooms DC Vario lens (20 1220 millimeter and Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) captures far off moments
- High Resolution View Finder & LCD Display: High resolution 1,170K dot view finder and rear touch enabled 3 inch LCD Display (1040 dots) are clear even in bright sunlight. Lens:14 elements in 12 groups
- 4K video Capture: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160) with three unique 4K ultra HD video pause and save 4K photo modes extracts individual high resolution Photos from 4K ultra HD video filmed at 30 frames per second to capture split second moments
- Low Light Performance: Low light capture lets you enjoy photography during your nightlife again with impressive results; Note: Refer to user manual PDF attached below in technical specification for trouble shooting steps are on page 54
- USB Charging and Wi-Fi Connectivity: Enjoy travel ready technologies like USB charging and Wi Fi connectivity to your mobile device; HDMI D (Micro), Micro USB and USB 2.0 provide additional connectivity to your favorite devices; Max resolution: 4896 x 3672
The Panasonic Lumix FZ80 brings 4K video and 4K Photo capabilities to the budget superzoom segment, combining the high-resolution video modes with its 20-1200mm equivalent (60X) zoom and 18.1MP 1/2.3″-type BSI-CMOS sensor. It also features a 1,040K-dot touch screen on the back, and a 0.2-inch 1,170K-dot (equivalent) EVF
8. Canon EOS M3
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, ISO 100–12800 (expandable to H: 25600) and DIGIC 6 Image Processor can help capture photos and videos with stunning detail even in challenging lighting situations
- Hybrid CMOS AF III helps provide fast and accurate focusing for stills and videos
- Front Dial and Exposure Compensation Dial help provide full manual control and offer customizable functions as well as improved operability and ease of use
- Create Full HD 1920x1080 movies at 24p and 30p in MP4 format with ease using manual movie control
- Intuitive touch screen 3.0 tilt-type (180° up/45° down) LCD monitor (approximately 1,040,000 dots) can be perfect for selfies and allows for quick focusing and shooting, easy menu navigation and simple viewing of images and videos
- Easily transfer images and videos to a compatible smartphone, tablet or Canon Connect Station CS100 device with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC capability, and share on social networking sites or view on an HDTV
- Compatible with EF-M lenses as well as the full line of EF* and EF-S* Lenses (*using Mount Adapter EF-EOS M; not included) and Speedlites for expanded creativity
Check Out: Best Canon EOS M3 Lenses
Designed to inspire, the EOS M3 digital camera brings true EOS performance and image quality to a compact, stylish and elegant package. A pleasure to operate, with the sophistication to create stunning still and moving images, the EOS M3 is an ideal EOS for many applications, such as portraiture, landscape, travel and everything in between. With its large 24.2 megapixel APS-C sized CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 image processor, the EOS M3 captures high-resolution pictures and full HD movies suitable for almost any application.
Its lightweight, mirrorless body and interchangeable lenses add a whole new level of portability to the EOS system without compromising performance. In addition to a number of dedicated EF-M Lenses, the EOS M3 is compatible with a range of EF and EF-S lenses and Speedlight’s, has an optional shoe-mounted electronic viewfinder, wireless capabilities, plus numerous features designed for fun and fast picture capture. The EOS M3 defies the assumption that compact means compromise, with overall performance and functions photographers and moviemakers can rely on to help bring their creative ideas to life.
9. Sony RX100 III
- 209 MP 1"-type Exmor R CMOS sensor ; Optical zoom:2.9x (Optical Zoom during movie recording)
- Operating temperature:32-104°F / 0-40°C.24-70mm equivalent F/18-28 lens
- Continuous shooting up to 10 FPS
- Pop-up electronic OLED viewfinder with 1,440,000 dots
- ISO 160-12800, expandable ISO 100, 125, and 25,600
- 30 inch tiltable TFT LCD with 1,229,000 dots. The charging time is approximately 230 min
- 1080 60p/24p HD video with full exposure control (MPEG-4/AVCHD)
- Raw/JPEG/ Raw+JPEG
Sony Rx100 III takes absolutely stunning pictures, compact enough to take anywhere, or vlog at home for youtube. Now your photos maintain soft background defocus even when zoomed in with the improved f1.8-2.8 24-70mm Carl Zeiss lens. There’s even a pop-up electronic viewfinder for eye-level framing and a 180 tilt screen for 20.1MP selfies. Lastly, the ultra-fast BIONZ X processor adds speed and accuracy for stills as well as beautiful HD video. WI-FI – Yes (IEEE802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz band)
10. Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70S
- 20.3 Megapixel MOS sensor plus 30x Leica DC VARIO-ELMAR Lens (24-720 millimeter), plus 5-axis Hybrid o.I.S. (Optical image stabilizer)
- 0.2-Inch 1, 166k-dot EVF (electronic view Finder) with eye-sensor for easier viewing under sunny outdoor conditions
- 4K QFHD video recording (3840x2160), plus exclusive LUMIX 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus with internal Focus Stacking feature
- Lens barrel mounted control ring enables quick, intuitive operation of important functions
- Wi-Fi plus a 180 degree front flip-up touch feature-enabled screen simplifies selfie photography, and framing for unusual perspectives.Wifi:IEEE 802.11b/g/n.Battery life (Approx.):Approx. 380 images (rear monitor), 250 images (LVF) (1)
Panasonic Lumix point-and-shoot digital cameras are known among camera enthusiasts for reliability and innovative features. The Lumix dc-zs70 brings the legendary optical performance of a 30x (24-720mm) Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens with amazingly stable 5-axis hybrid o.I.S. (Optical image stabilizer) to a highly portable point-and-shoot travel camera.
Traditionalists will love the hands-on manual feel of a lens-mounted control ring, plus the familiarity of an eye-level electronic viewfinder. The modern enthusiast will like the Wi-Fi mobile device controllability and next-generation flexibility that 4K video and 4K photo modes bring to the creative experience.
11. Panasonic Lumix ZS100
- POINT-AND-SHOOT CAMERA: Large, 1-inch 20.1-megapixel MOS sensor plus 10X zoom LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens (25-250mm) and HYBRID O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) delivers brighter, more colorful photos with fewer image artifacts
- EYE-LEVEL ELECTRONIC VIEWFINDER AND LCD DISPLAY: High-resolution 1,166k-dot viewfinder and rear touch-enabled 3-inch LCD display (1040K dots) are clear even in bright sunlight
- 4K VIDEO CAPTURE: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160), plus exclusive LUMIX 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus with internal Focus Stacking allows you to record photos up to 30fps and set your desired focus points after the photo has been taken
- LENS-MOUNTED CONTROL RING: Manual lens-mounted control ring brings DSLR-like exposure control to a compact point-and-shoot camera body; Temperature: 23 °C (73.4 °F) / Humidity: 50% RH when monitor is on.
- USB CHARGING AND WI-FI CONNECTIVITY: Enjoy travel ready technologies like USB charging and Wi-Fi connectivity to your mobile device; micro-HDMI type D (3) and USB 2.0 micro-B provide additional connectivity to your favorite devices
The Panasonic LUMIX Digital Camera DMC-ZS100K brings the legendary optical performance of a 10X (25-250mm) LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens with amazingly stable O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) to a highly portable point-and-shoot travel camera. With a powerful, 1-inch 20.1-megapixel MOS sensor, the LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT camera zoom lens features a super bright F2.8-5.9 aperture range that is optically stabilized with Panasonic’s HYBRID O.I.S. technology to add striking depth of field dimension to your photographs even in low-light conditions.
The high-resolution power of 4K video technology captures up to 4X the resolution (3840 x 2160) of standard Full HD, enabling you to create printable photos with 4K PHOTO’s blistering 30 frames per second burst feature. Post Focus and Focus Stacking provide for additional creative freedom by allowing you to change the depth of industry or focus points after you take the picture.
12. Fujifilm XF10
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- 3.0-Inch” (Approx. 1, 040k-dot) Color LCD Touchscreen, aspect Ratio 3: 2
- Standard output Sensitivity of Iso200 - Iso12800. Extended output Sensitivity of Iso100 - Iso51200
- Bluetooth version 4.1 low energy technology
- 4K 3840 x 2160 15P, continuous recording up to Approx. 30 Min.Operating frequency[Center frequency]:2402 - 2480MHz
The Fujifilm XF10 is an enthusiast compact with a 24MP APS-C-size CMOS sensor and 28mm equiv. F2.8 lens. It has a 91-point hybrid autofocus system, 6 fps burst shooting and 4K/15p video capture. The body has twin control dials, a fixed 3″ touchscreen LCD, a built-in flash and a socket for an external microphone.
13. Sony RX100 VII
- 20. 1MP 1. 0 Type stacked CMOS sensor, Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* 24 200 millimeter F2. 8 F4. 5 large aperture high magnification zoom lens
- 0. 02 sec. High AF speed, 357 point focal plane Phase detection AF and 425 point contrast detection AF
- Up to 20 fps blackout free shooting, using up to 60 times/sec. Af/AE calculations.Dioptre Adjustment:-4.0 to +3.0 m-1
- Ai based real time tracking for stills and movies, and touch tracking. Real time eye AF for human (stills and movies), and for animal (stills only)
- 4K video with s log3 and Interval Shooting. Microphone jack and vertical position data recording. Active mode image stabilization in 4K video recording, and Movie Edit add on compatible
Sony RX100 VII premium compact camera, 20. 1MP 1. 0-Type stacked CMOS sensor, 24-200mm zoom lens 0. 02-Sec. Fast AF, real-time tracking and real-time eye AF for human and animal, blackout-free continuous shooting at up to 20Fps, single burst shooting at 90Fps, 4K HDR (HLG) video recording, active mode Steady Shot for 4K movie, microphone jack.
14. Canon EOS Rebel T5i
- 18 MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- 5 FPS continuous shooting,Dimensions (W x H x D):Approx. 5.2 x 3.9 x 3.1 in;Approx. 133.1 x 99.8 x 78.8mm
- 9 point AF system, all cross type
- ISO 100-12800 (expandable to 25600)
- 1080 (30, 25, 24 fps) and 720 (60, 50 fps) HD video (29min limit, H.264 format)
- 3" articulating touch panel LCD screen with 1,040,000 dots
Check Out: Canon EOS Rebel T5i Lenses
The EOS 700D/ Rebel T5i is essentially unchanged compared to its predecessor, sporting an 18MP APS-C Hybrid CMOS sensor with built-in phase detection autofocus, a DIGIC 5 processor, a 9-point cross-type AF system, and Full HD movie mode. Differences are limited to live preview of Creative Filters, a new mode dial that turns 360 degrees, a fresh body finish and a new 18-55mm STM lens to better serve Hybrid AF in film mode.
15. Panasonic Lumix GX9
- 20.3 MP high resolution MOS Sensor with Tuned 3 Dimensional Color Control to detect hue, saturation and brightness for optimal results
- 5 Axis Dual I.S. combines an O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer, 2 axis) and an I.B.I.S. (In Body Image Stabilization, 5 axis); 5 axis Dual I.S. enables up to 4 stop slower shutter speeds
- Live View Finder 2760k dot high resolution LFV tilts up by approx. 80 degrees with nearly 100% color reproduction; 1. 39x / 0. 7x (35mm camera equiv.) magnification and 100% field of view
- 49 Focus Points plus Custom Multi AF mode quickly and freely select focus blocks from via the touch enabled LCD screen
- [4K Technology] 4K 30p video, 4K Live Crop and 4K PHOTO burst with a new Light Composition mode to capture perfect moments
- Video Capture Resolution: 4K Uhd 2160P
- Viewfinder Type: Electronic Viewfinder
- Lens Type: Fisheye
The Lumix GX9 captures vibrant, true-to-life, high-quality images with excellent resolution, high contrast and impressive colour reproduction. The 20.3-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor (without low-pass filter) ensures maximum performance across a full range of LUMIX G and LEICA DG Micro Four Thirds lenses.
The Lumix GX9 incorporates 5-axis Dual I.S. (Image Stabilizer) to more effectively suppress blur. Combining an O.I.S. (Optical Picture Stabilizer, 2-axis) and a B.I.S. (Body Image Stabilizer, 5-axis), the 5-axis Dual I.S. compensates for a wider-than-ever selection of movement. Users can enjoy blur-free photo/video shooting from wide to tele, even in low-light situations. The LUMIX GX9 integrates an electromagnetic drive in the shutter unit to reduce the shock created by the movement of shutter diaphragm by approx. 90% compared with its predecessor, while also minimizing shutter sound.