If you’re looking for the cheapest full-frame cameras, you might be surprised to find that some of them are as affordable as APS-C models! What’s the story behind this?
The reason is that many camera-makers keep their full-frame models out and available for a long time after they first went on sale – in some cases to the tune of several years longer, even when they’ve been supplanted by newer, more advanced models. It makes business sense, giving them away to attract newer users into the system without having to produce a dedicated entry-level full-frame model. Sony, in particular, has made this a key part of its strategy, and you’ll find plenty of Sony cameras on this list. The upshot is that it’s never been easier for photographers to “level-up” their camera kit and make the jump to full-frame.
Full-frame DSLR cameras have traditionally been very expensive, popular with professionals, but out of reach for most amateurs and enthusiasts. However, the hyper-competitive market and consistent arrival of newer models have caused prices to fall to the point that puts full-frame DSLRs within the reach of enthusiasts. In fact, right now you’re spoiled for choice if you’re looking for any kind of camera deal.
And what’s more, some of the best full-frame camera deals are on mirrorless cameras. As alluded to earlier, we’ve got Sony to thank for a lot of that, because of its strategy of keeping older models on the market for a long time. The best Sony cameras might be expensive, but older versions of the latest models can be had for exceptional value, and these are still fantastic cameras out there even if they don’t have all the latest features.
We rate the value for money pretty highly here on DSLRCameraSearch. This means that even our list of the best full-frame mirrorless cameras includes several upon this set of cheaper options. So don’t worry that you’re getting a sub-par camera by shopping on a budget: they are great cameras in their own right.
If you are less concerned about the budget than you are about getting the best camera possible, by all means, head over to our best DSLR list. For the bargain-hunters, however, this list of the 10 cheapest full-frame cameras in the marketplace should have something to tempt you. Whether you’re looking for a low-light specialist, a high-resolution shooter, a mirrorless marvel or an all-rounder, we’re confident we’ll possess something to tempt you.
We’ve ranked these cameras in approximate price order, with the least expensive first. While it’s generally true that spending more results in a better camera, we’d urge you to check the specs carefully, as there are some real bargains to be had on this list.
These are the 10 cheapest full frame cameras you can get right now, but which one are worth buying?
The cheapest full frame cameras in 2020
1. Sony a7
- Video Capture Resolution: Fhd 1080P
- Mounting Type: Bayonet
2. Canon EOS 6D DSLR
- Includes all original accessories and warranty
- 20.2MP full frame CMOS sensor, 4.5 frames per second continuous shooting
- 1080p HD video recording with manual controls, 11-point AF system
3. Sony a7 II
- World’s first 5 axis in body image stabilization in a full frame camera
- Use your favorite lenses without blur from camera shake; High 50 Mbps bit rate XAVC S21 format recording of Full HD movies
- Capture stunning images with full frame, 24.3MP resolution. Lens Compensation: Peripheral shading, chromatic aberration, distortion
4. Canon 6D Mark II
- 26.2 Megapixel Full frame CMOS Sensor
- Optical Viewfinder with a 45 point All Cross type AF System. Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses (excluding EF S and EF M lenses)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase detection & Full HD 60p
5. Canon RP
- Lightest, smallest full-frame EOS camera*
- Rf mount Compatible with RF lenses and EF/EF-S lenses**
- High image quality with 26. 2 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image processor
6. Sony a7R
- 36.4 MP full frame CMOS sensor without an anti-aliasing/OLP filter
- Up to 4 FPS in Speed Priority Continuous shooting
- ISO 100-25600(AUTO ISO 100-6400)
7. Sony a7S
- NP-FW50 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery (1080mAh)
- BC-TRW W Series Battery Charger (Black)
- AC Adapter
8. Nikon D750
- Full frame 243 megapixel CMOS image sensor and EXPEED 4 image processor
- Full hd 60/50/30/25/24p video
- Built in WiFi connectivity and compatibility with the WT 5a + UT 1 communication unit
9. Sony a7R II
- World’s first Full-frame 5-axis in-body image stabilization optimized for 42.4MP full-frame, 4K movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
- 2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder w/ZEISS T- coating, connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi and NFC w/camera apps, Fast focal plane phase-detection AF realized with A-mount lenses
- Shutter vibration suppression, curtain shutter, silent shutter, Resolution meets sensitivity 42.4MP up to ISO 102,400/4K up to 25,600, Durable, reliable and ergonomically enhanced for professional use
10. Sony a7 III
- Advanced 24.2MP BSI Full frame Image Sensor w/ 1.8X readout speed Advanced 24.2MP Back Illuminated 35 millimeter Full frame Image Sensor
- 15 stop dynamic range, 14 bit uncompressed RAW, ISO 50 to 204,800. Compatible with Sony E mount lenses. Can be connected via Bluetooth with smartphones featuring (as of the date of release)- Android...
- Up to 10fps Silent or Mechanical Shutter with AE/AF tracking. Battery Life (Still Images): Approx. 610 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 710 shots (LCD monitor), Battery Life (Movie, continuous recording):...