Once upon a time, compact cameras are brought in the market as a replacement for film-based cameras. Twenty years after, it gets to take over and then it ends. Is it really?
As famous lines in movies go, “I shall return!” compact cameras are not still done yet. It’s still not giving up its battle towards the heavy competition of photography business in the 21st century. Like anything, this range of cameras has slowly adapted to the growing demands of smartphones that have a built-in camera on it. It has incorporated some new features and specs not just unlike before who is just a still camera use on birthdays and several occasions. This range of camera has emerged to its new era of development and if you are interested to know then find out how.
Why should I purchase compact cameras than smartphones?
Not just because smartphones are prettily accessible and more known now you won’t anymore consider compact cameras. In a real sense, compact cameras are more efficient when in terms of quality of pictures than any smartphones. While smartphones have several usages, compact cameras are primarily used for taking pictures. Thus, no doubt that quality is at stake first with compact cameras than smartphones.
Best Compact Cameras Under $300
|Canon PowerShot SX720 HS (Black)||$379.00 $248.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Sony DSCWX500/B Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD (Black)||$349.99 from $343.90||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon PowerShot G9 X Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom, Built-in Wi-Fi and 3 inch LCD (Black)||$399.00 $379.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Nikon COOLPIX A900 Digital Camera (Black)||from $396.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Sony DSCWX350 18 MP Digital Camera (Black)||$268.00 from $264.44||Buy on Amazon|
|Panasonic Lumix ZS50 Camera, Black||$350.00 $299.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Sony H400/B 20 MP Digital Camera||$268.00 $257.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon PowerShot SX620 Digital Camera w/25x Optical Zoom - Wi-Fi & NFC Enabled (Black)||$279.00 $249.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Nikon W300 Waterproof Underwater Digital Camera with TFT LCD, 3", Orange||$389.00 $386.95||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon PowerShot SX540 Digital Camera w/ 50x Optical Zoom - Wi-Fi & NFC Enabled (Black)||$399.00 $299.00||Buy on Amazon|
Also, compact cameras have more features than smartphones. It zooms out pictures the best and it is more adaptable mostly having multiple modes that are convenient no matter what environment you are in.
Have you considered it? Well, then think of it and scan over on this page to know some best compact cameras under $300 that is available for sale now.
1. Canon PowerShot SX720 HS
- Powerful 40x Optical Zoom with Intelligent IS helps optimize image stabilization for virtually shake-free images.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos.
- 20.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC 6 Image Processor helps deliver stunning image quality even in low light.
- Capture spectacular 1080p Full HD video at 60p with stereo sound.
- Large 3.0-inch LCD (approx. 922,000 dots) allows easy viewing even from a wide angle.
A multi-strength compact camera that includes a 40x optical zoom that enables you to get a grasp with the farthest and nearest within your camera’s reach. This incorporates a 20.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor with DGI6 Image Processor that brings a high-resolution image even at the darkest and lowest part of the day. This is built with a 3.0 inch LED display that is easily tilted to different angles and perspectives. This camera incorporates a Full HD video recorder that maximizes your unforgettable moments with your loved ones. This point and shoot camera also include Wifi and Near Field Communication that transfers photos and videos through any mobile devices available.
Optical zooms are one of the best features that you could get to any camera. This compact camera under $300 includes a 40x optical zoom that is much likely a major factor in deciding on buying this product. Other than this, its features are typically found in any compact cameras. Though this compact camera is quite handy and portable especially during travels and adventures since it’s quite small. Its image quality is not that bad though for its price. Overall, this is a totally worth to try especially if you’re a big fan of optical zooms.
2. Sony WX500
- 30x Optical/60x Clear Image Zoom ZEISS (Trademarked) Vario-Sonnar T* Lens. Playback Functions: Beauty Effect, BRAVIA Sync(Control for HDMI), 9/25-frame index view, Slideshow, Forward/Rewind (Movie), Delete, Protect, Motion Shot Video, TRILUMINOS Color*13, 4K image output.
- 18.2MP Exmor R (Trademarked) CMOS Sensor for superb low light images
- Versatile video w/ high-quality XAVC S (Trademarked), AVCHD & MP4 formats
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi (Trademarked) w/ NFC
- In the box: Rechargeable Battery Pack (NP-BX1), AC Adaptor (AC-UB10C / UB10D), Micro USB cable, Wrist Strap, Instruction Manual
Every image is clear and realistic with this point and shoots the camera. It has dual purpose 30x optical zoom and 60x clear image zoom to achieve a maximize photo capturing the experience. This compact camera includes an 18.1 MP image quality and a 24 mm lens that keeps every photo taking at it’s the fullest resolution. This versatile camera incorporates a variation of video formats such as XAVCD, MP4, and AVCHD that lets you record full HD videos with ease through its videography features like slow/effect, rewind and motion shot video which makes it ideal for movie recording and viewing. It has a fast and easy connectivity to WiFi and NTC via Android phones. It has an anti-shake feature that prevents images and video recordings on getting blur.
It has multiple features that you could enjoy with. Though it has an acceptable quality of photos as compared to other compact camera brands, it takes a greater advantage to its other features like its optical zoom and its versatility on video recording. This compact camera is excellent upon a movie or video recording with its LED display readily tilted at varying angles. This compact camera is totally worth the price it is given with.
3. Canon PowerShot G9 X
- 1.0-inch, 20.2 Megapixel* High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with Canon's powerful DIGIC 6 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for outstanding low-light performance up to ISO 12800, enhanced image quality and fast operation
- Ultra-slim, lightweight and pocket-size camera with intuitive LCD touch panel that has an improved user interface, which allows for quick and easy setting changes even while taking a picture
- Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video (60p/30p/24p options) for lifelike images and convenient playback on an HDTV via the HDMI output. Record at up to 60 frames per second for even more detailed, superb results in MP4 format
- Easily transfer images and videos to a compatible smartphone, tablet or Canon Connect Station CS100 device with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC capability, and share on social networking sites or view on an HDTV
- Continuous shooting speeds of up to 6.0 fps helps capture dynamic movements of fast moving subjects
Capturing every image and videos as it’s best. This compact camera incorporates a 1.0 inch, 20.2 Megapixel High Sensitivity CMOS Sensor that keeps high quality and resolution of images. It records clear 1080 p Full HD videos that could be viewed in HDTV through the HDMI output. It allows continuous shooting up to 6.o fps making sure to catch fast and rapid movements perfectly through your screens. It is easily compatible with any smartphones and connects through Canon Connect Station CS100 device via WiFi or NFC. It contains a powerful DIGIC 6 Image Processor and ISO 2800 ensuring that there are no lags during multiple shootings.
Everyone wants to get their photo experience the best. That is why this compact camera is one of Canon’s premium camera brands. Though it is not that some people did not expect, this is a total buy for those who are convenient with touchscreen control display. This point and shoot camera give you a video experience that some of the compact cameras under $300 don’t have. It keeps you connected to a wide TV screen making your viewing experience convenient especially to those having a hard time on small LED display screens. Aside from that, it has good quality images that most compact cameras have. Overall, this is a must buy who enjoys video recording and to those who want an all-touchscreen menu and buttons.
4. Nikon COOLPIX A900
- 20MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor. Focal length : 4.3 to 151mm
- NIKKOR f/3.4-6.9 ED Lens. Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1
- 24-840mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 35x Optical Zoom Lens, 70x Dynamic Zoom. Dimensions: 4.5 in. x 2.7 in. x 1.6 in. excluding projections
- 3" 921k-Dot Tilting LCD
Taking photos and videos would not even get brighter through this sophisticated compact camera. This encompasses with 20 MP image quality and 1 2/3 “ CMOS sensor getting your image and video resolutions on its peak quality. The camera has dual zooming experience through the 35x Optical Zoom and a 75x Dynamic zoom that takes your sceneries closer than you imagine. It records 4K Ultra High Definition Videos that keeps you on track with every filming. This includes a low-Bluetooth technology that allows you to share your images and videos through nearby smartphones.
If you just want to use this during important occasions and parties, then this could be an excellent point and shoot camera. It incorporates acceptable image quality and records high-quality videos, especially during birthdays. It has a 70x dynamic zoom that lets you capture even the smallest detail that is out of reach.
Though this compact camera does not contain any special feature except for its dynamic zoom. This is still worth to purchase considering its price and the help that it could get on maximizing your photo capturing.
5. Sony WX350
- 20x Optical/40x Clear Image Zoom G Lens
- Keep your subject in focus with Lock-On AF
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi w/ NFC3
- Motion Shot Video traces subject movement
- 4K quality still image output via HDMI2
An aesthetic super zoom camera experience that will maximize the things beyond reach. This compact camera incorporates a 20x Optical camera and a 40x Clear Image Zoom that will bring photos to clarity. Also, this camera has 18 MP image resolution suited for capturing happy memories with your family and friends. It comes also with a 4K quality video with additional features Motion Shot Video and 360 Sweet Panorama Mode that keeps your videos the best as it can be.
Optical zoom is one of the features of this compact camera. It incorporates also additional features like Motion Shot Video and 360 Panorama Mode that is quite not that often to other cameras. This compact camera also has 18 MP image resolution that is just fine considering you are not aiming for professional photography. Overall, the product’s price is reasonable and this camera is totally worth a try. This is ideal for utilization for photo experience at travels and special occasions.
6. Panasonic Lumix ZS50
- LUMIX 30X Travel Zoom Camera with Eye Viewfinder
- Enhanced low-light sensitivity for improved sharpness even without a flash
- Built-in eye viewfinder eliminates outdoor glare on sunny days
- Intelligent Zoom 60x
- Lens:12 elements in 9 groups
A compact camera for traveling has powerful 30x optical zoom properties that allow every user to widen their horizons and bring it closer to pictures. It has a built-in eye viewfinder that helps on capturing photos as it’s the best quality. It records Full HD videos making every moment spent memorable and worthy. It has 5-axis optical image stabilizer that protects images from blurring and getting shaky images. This contains a Light Speed Autofocus and 10fps High-Speed Burst Shooting to keep the images well-focused.
This compact camera under $300 will bring your travels, trips, and holiday getaways enjoyable. This includes a 30x optical zoom and 12.1 MP that is suitable for getting every travel picture detail. This camera is also portable and handy making it easy for you to take photos anytime you want. Though this camera is not like any other compact camera with high-quality image resolution, this compact camera is extremely durable and long lasting for which is intended for traveling.
7. Sony DSC-H400
- Get everything up close with powerful 63x Optical Zoom
- Minimized blur with Optical SteadyShot Image stabilization
- MP Super HAD CCD sensor for beautifully detailed images
- Simplify camera menu with Easy Mode
- Picture Effect for more expressive photos
A 20 MP compact camera featuring an ultra-strength 63x optical zoom that brings the farthest things close to your images. It has MP Super HAD CCD sensor to keep your images life-like as it could be. It is easy to use with it simplifies menu and modes. A 3”0 LED inch display that takes beautiful and amazing images.It has several modes and features like Smile Shutter Technology, Party Mode, and Optical SteadyShot Stabilization that could help your photos become more refined, clearer, and variation of picture effects.
You could never get wrong with this point and shoot camera. Its design resembles a DLSR and as though, also it’s image quality. It contains a powerful 63x optical zoom that keeps your capture to boundless possibilities. This incorporates other imaging modes like Sweep Panorama and Party Mode that adds to the variation of the camera. Overall, this compact camera is recommended given to its quality and its numerous features that most of the compact cameras don’t have.
8. PowerShot SX620 HS
- Powerful 25x Optical Zoom with Intelligent IS helps optimize image stabilization for virtually shake-free images
- Built-in Wi-Fi* and NFC** allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos. Maximum f/number : f/3.2 - f/6.6. Shutter Speed- 1-1/2000 sec.15-1/2000 sec. (in all shooting modes)
- 20.2 Megapixel*** CMOS sensor with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor helps deliver stunning image quality even in low light. Auto zoom dependent on number of subjects
- Capture spectacular 1080p Full HD video. Focusing Range : 1cm (0.4 Inches) - infinity (W), 1.0m (3.3ft.) - infinity (T)
- Large 3.0-inch (approximately 922,000 dots) LCD allows easy viewing even from a wide angle. Battery life: Approx. 295 shots, Eco Mode: Approx. 405 shots, Playback Mode: Approx. 360 min.Image Recording Format:Superfine / Fine
A powerful compact camera which includes a 25x Optical Zoom that makes farther objects within your camera’s reach. This contains a 20.2 MP image resolution and a CMOS Sensor that brings your photos realistic and clear as it should be. This records 1080p Full HD videos that make memories last longer. A 3.0 inch LED Display is given that could tilt to a wide range of angles for the convenience of picture taking. It has built-in WiFi and NTC that allows you to share your photos and videos easily.
This point and shoot camera hail by its 25x optical zoom advantage. This compact camera is best for travels and getaways where zooms are more of use. Though it also has great image quality considering it has a 20.2 MP image resolution. It is also handy and pocket-sized so carrying it anywhere is not a problem. Though it still has it’s weaknesses, but considering it’s practical price and the zoom experience, this compact camera is a must buy.
9. Nikon COOLPIX W300
- Waterproof, freeze proof, shockproof and dustproof adventure camera with extra capabilities
- Stunning high resolution photos, 4K Ultra HD videos, Time-lapse videos, Super lapse videos and music montages
- 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens with telephoto power and Hybrid VR image stabilization
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, eCompass, altimeter, depth gauge and more
- Operating environment: Temperature: -10 to +40°C (14 to 104°F ) for land use, Temperature: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F) for underwater use
This adventurous and durable compact camera takes our pictures down to seas and mountains through its shockproof, dustproof, freezeproof, and waterproof capability. It produces a 16 MP image quality and a 5x optical zoom to bring your extreme travels to its peak. It also records 4K Ultra HD videos and features Timelapse, Superlapse and music montages to provide options and variation of video outputs. It also allows sharing to multiple devices through WiFi and Bluetooth.
Most of the compact cameras under $300 and even smartphones don’t have any weather resistant abilities. It could go even underwater shooting for which is important when you go to the beach or pools. It also has an acceptable 16 MP image quality. It’s 5x optical zoom is also fair enough considering the reasonable price of this compact camera. Generally, this camera is a definite purchase especially those who want to go to beaches and do extreme sports activities.
10. Canon PowerShot SX540 HS
- Powerful 50x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer for outstanding optical performance
- 20.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC 6 Image Processor helps deliver stunning image quality even in low light
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos
- Capture spectacular 1080p Full HD video at 60p with stereo sound
- Zoom Framing Assist now features a lock button option for quick and accurate subject recognition
A maximum photographic experience that you should never miss though it’s powerful 50x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer that reaches heights of photo capturing. This majestic compact camera produces astounding photos with its 20.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor with DIGIC 6 Image Processor. It records 1080p Full HD Video with Stereo Sound to make it movie-like as it should be. A 3.0 inch LED Display that shifts to various angles and perspectives. A Zone Framing Assist consisting of a lock button option to make an easy face and subject identification.
Though this point and shoot camera is quite expensive, it has superb and outstanding features making you sure that you have the best quality of pictures that you could have. It incorporates a 50x Optical Zoom and a 20.3 MP that gets your photos really well define, clear, and life-like. Its video experience also will never get inadequate because it contains a stereo sound. Overall, this compact camera is worth a try and is definitely ideal for photography because of its wide range optical zoom and it’s fascinating image quality.
Read More :