A wide variety of cameras are available under 300 dollars which provide the best quality pictures in that price point. For a digital camera under 300 dollars, there are certain features other than screen and Wi-Fi to look for. 300 dollars is probably the ideal range in which you can a high-quality digital camera. For digital cameras, there is no need to understand the dynamics of the camera, how it captures the best quality pictures with the amount of light available. The pictures captured by the user could be dark or extra bright because of the changing light conditions. Those advanced settings require more knowledge about different aspects and not everyone is familiar with all of them.
Here we have prepared a list of digital cameras that fall under 300 dollar price point. Have a look at them.
Best Digital Cameras Under $300
1. Canon PowerShot G9 X
- 1.0-inch, 20.2 Megapixel* High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with Canon's powerful DIGIC 6 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for outstanding low-light performance up to ISO 12800,...
- Ultra-slim, lightweight and pocket-size camera with intuitive LCD touch panel that has an improved user interface, which allows for quick and easy setting changes even while taking a picture
- Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video (60p/30p/24p options) for lifelike images and convenient playback on an HDTV via the HDMI output. Record at up to 60 frames per second for even more detailed,...
One of the best digital cameras found in this category is the Canon PowerShot G9 X. The Canon PowerShot G9 X comes with 20.3 Megapixels. This high number of pixels is enough to provide a sharp picture which can later be cropped down to small portions without the loss of any significant quality.
It includes a 3 inches LCD screen. The camera also has the capability to record videos in 1080p resolution. It can also shoot a continuous video with over 10 frames per second, which is usually not common in most digital cameras. Wi-Fi is also included in the camera. As far as the optical zoom is concerned, the camera can zoom up to 10 times the original portion. Also, a little electronic viewfinder is included which is situated just above the screen. The camera is considered to be an all-rounder as it possesses a large number of features and is budget friendly too.
2. Nikon Coolpix A900
- 20MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor. Focal length : 4.3 to 151mm
- NIKKOR f/3.4-6.9 ED Lens. Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1
- 24-840mm (35mm Equivalent)
From a variety of cameras that are available for purchase under 300 dollars, Nikon Coolpix A900 is probably the best camera. The camera is manufactured by Sony that speaks for its durability and quality.
It features a 20 Megapixels image quality which is sufficient for a beginner as well as an advanced user. The camera comes with a 2.7 inches LCD screen that displays both the recorded images as well as the shoot. There is an optical zoom included in the camera that goes up to 10x and as well as digital zoom of 20x. The Exmor R CMOS image sensor guarantees sharper and realistic images. The sensor is also responsible for high-speed shots even in the low light settings where other cameras fail to do so. The Optical Steady Shot technology makes shooting smooth quality video and photographs. The camera can record 1080p Full HD videos at good frame rates. At the price range of 300 Dollars, the Nikon Coolpix A900 is probably the best camera in the present market.
3. Olympus TG-870 Waterproof
- Waterproof to 50 feet (15 meters), Shockproof to 7 feet (2.1 meters), Crushproof to 220 pounds force, Freeze proof to 14 degrees F (-10C)
- 21mm Ultra-Wide Angle Lens, 5X optical zoom
- Built-in Wi-Fi & GPS (oI Share & OI Track)
From a vast variety of cameras under the range of 300 dollars, Olympus TG-870 Waterproof is the best choice. Now you can tackle your latest outdoor adventure with no fear by capturing it with the water, crush, shock, freeze, and dustproof white Stylus TOUGH TG-870 Digital Camera from Olympus.
The camera delivers an effective balance of megapixels, ISO range, video and audio capabilities, and zoom range. The camera features a 16 Megapixels CMOS sensor that captures some high-quality pictures. The camera has the functionality of capturing 1080p FHD video at 30 frames per second. The 3-inches tilting LCD makes the user an easy to view the captured photos instantly. The ISO can shoot up to 6400. The continuous shooting mode can record 7.4 frames per second which is quite extraordinary while viewing a camera under 300 dollars. According to all these facts listed, this camera is probably the best device you can find under 300 dollars. As under 300 dollars, you cannot ask more from a camera.
4. Canon PowerShot SX710 HS
- 30x Optical Zoom (25–750mm)
- 20.3 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with the DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows wireless transferring of images and video to compatible mobile devices
Power Shot SX710 HS Digital Camera from Canon is the best digital camera for traveling. It features a 20.2 Megapixels camera with CMOS sensor and an image processor.
The ISO can go up to 3200 and it can also capture about 7.2 frames per second in continuous shooting mode. It also can record video at 1080p with 30 frames per second. The optical zoom of this camera ranges up to 12x. There is a large 3 inches LCD screen which is really helpful during traveling. The user can also transfer a bunch of stuff from the camera such as videos or photos to other devices through Wi-Fi or NFC. The camera is really useful in traveling as it can record shot in panorama with a full three hundred and sixty degrees view. Many people prefer lightweight cameras during traveling as bulky cameras are never really a good companion during the hike. This camera is really low in weight and is the best choices for travelers.
5. Sony Cyber-shot DSC – WX350
- 20x Optical/40x Clear Image Zoom G Lens
- Keep your subject in focus with Lock-On AF
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi w/ NFC3
Sony Cyber-shot DSC – WX350 is the best digital film camera. It is really compact in size and delivers quality performance with 18.1 Megapixels camera that is captured by a lens of 25-500mm length. The sensor size ranges up to f/2.8mm.
There is an LCD screen present that is 3 inches in size and tilts sideways. The continuous shooting mode captures up to 16 frames per second. The camera also has Wi-Fi and NFC that makes a tick mark for current features. The camera is not the cheapest camera in the market but is a great choice for its price point. Sony’s cameras have been for there stability. The camera is really stable in terms of video capturing as compared to other manufacturers. They are also more durable than the majority of the camera making companies. They last a really long time. Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization helps compensate for camera shake to provide clearer images, especially in low light and when using the longer focal lengths.
6. Canon SX530 HS
- Canon Authorized Dealer - Includes 1-Year Canon USA Warranty and All Standard Canon Accessories
- Canon PowerShot SX530 HS Digital Camera with 16MP 1/2.3" High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor, DIGIC 4+ Image Processor, 3.0" 461k-Dot LCD Monitor, Full HD Video Recording at 30p, Built-In Wi-Fi/NFC, CS100...
- 32GB Ultra Class 10 SDHC Memory Card - Twice As Fast As Ordinary SDHC Cards, Allowing You To Take Pictures And Transfer Files Quickly
Canon SX530 HS is one of the best digital cameras under 300 dollars. The camera has about 5 times the optical zoom and a 360 degrees sweep panorama. The camera features SteadyShot Image stabilization with reduced blur.
This camera can capture 1080p at 30 frames and 720p video at about 60 frames per second. The Easy Mode of the camera allows the user to automatically capture some great pictures with a simple menu. The camera has about 16.1 Megapixels sensor with 6.4 maximum aperture. The digital zoom can go up to 10x and the loss in the image. The camera comes with an intelligent mode that guides the user to take the best shots. The navigation features in the menu make the best choice for the user. The camera can be charged by USB by simply plugging in the cable with a laptop, PC or a USB port found in mobile chargers. The smile shutter technology can capture the pictures just by observing the smile of the recipients. The priority can be set by adults or children that indicate the degree of smile detection. Intelligent mode captures in low light and bright situations equally with adjusted flashlight toggle. The camera features some extraordinary features found in this price range.
7. Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ80
- Point & Shoot Long Zoom Camera : 18.1 megapixel MOS sensor plus 60X zoom DC Vario lens (20 1220millimeter and Power O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) captures far off moments
- High Resolution View Finder & LCD Display: High resolution 1,170K dot view finder and rear touch enabled 3 inch LCD Display (1040 dots) are clear even in bright sunlight.Lens:14 elements in 12 groups
- 4K video Capture: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160) with three unique 4K ultra HD video pause and save 4K photo modes extracts individual high resolution Photos from 4K ultra HD video filmed...
Panasonic’s Lumix DC-FZ80 is a great digital camera that features the zoom capability of 60x. The camera is a great choice for people inclined to capture shots far ahead. Because of the 60x optical zoom, the camera doesn’t lose its quality even after 60x of full zoom. There is a 1-inch sensor that counts for the premium quality of pictures.
The zoom lens goes up to 360mm from 24 mm basic. In addition to the zoom capability, the camera also records 4K Ultra HD video at 30 frames per second. A good quality camera with an exceptional zoom lens and a good video recording capability, that’s all you can ask for. The camera also captures 10 frames per second in burst mode. The continuous autofocus burst can go up to 6 frames per second. There is also 5axis present for 1080p video. The 3 inches LCD screen can display features at the premium color quality. The camera can be charged with a USB port.
8. Olympus Tough TG-5
- Tough Design The TG-5 is designed to withstand a wide variety of conditions, ranging from harsh climates to everyday mishaps: Waterproof-rated to IPX8 for use underwater to depths of 50' / 15m...
- 12MP BSI CMOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Processor Utilizing a 12MP BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the TG-5 offers a mixture of speed and sensitivity to suit both photo and video...
- 4x Optical Zoom Lens Spanning wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths, the built-in 4x optical zoom lens covers a 25-100mm equivalent range and has a bright f/2 maximum aperture to suit working in...
This camera can handle drops, low temperatures, dirt and water pressure down to 50 feet. A few other cameras take better dry-land pictures than this camera, but if you’re looking for adventure shots below water, this camera’s as good as any in our list.
The camera features a 16 Megapixels CMOS sensor that captures some high-quality pictures. The camera has the functionality of capturing 1080p FHD video at 30 frames per second. The camera comes with both GPS and wireless connectivity. You can use the application as a remote control for the camera to adjust camera settings as well as take pictures. It can also upload photos from the camera to the mobile device. GPS adds geotags to your photos. This helps you recall where you were when the picture was snapped. This is a cool feature to map out where you’ve been on your trips. The camera is powered by a Li-ion battery that can snap 300 pictures on a single charge. Since camera batteries range anywhere from 210-380 shots on a full charge, this one is on the higher end of longevity. The Olympus Stylus TG-5 takes great underwater pictures.
9. Nikon Coolpix L830
- LC-CP28 Lens Cap
- UC-E16 USB Cable
- AN-CP21 Strap
After going through a wide variety of cameras that are priced under the range of $300, Nikon COOLPIX L830 is the best choice to make. The camera offers a 16 Megapixels image quality along with the BSI CMOS Sensor. It comes with NIKKOR Super ED 34x Optical Zoom lens that can capture a far off object with the same image quality an in a 1x zoomed lens.
The dynamic zoom goes up to more than 34x that lets the user capture from a really long distance such as during races and airplane flights. There is also an electronic viewfinder and a 3 inches LCD monitor that can later view your framed shot with utmost precision. The camera has a compact design but features the versatility of a DSLR.
The manual mode of the camera allows the user to shot the video and pictures using the Vibration Reduction Technology. In this mode, you can shoot the 20 Megapixels RAW images. The user can also shoot videos in 1080p resolution with higher frame rates. High-speed shots can be captured at 5 frames per second.
10. Canon PowerShot SX720 HS
- This Grace Photo Camera Bundle Comes Complete With Manufacturer Supplied Accessories (US Compatible) and a 1 Year Seller Provided Warranty, Package Includes:
- Canon PowerShot SX720 HS Digital Camera (Import Model) - 20.3MP 1/2.3" High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor - DIGIC 6 Image Processor - 40x Optical Zoom - 224-960mm equivalent focal length range - 3.0"...
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to wirelessly share your photos and movies with a linked smartphone or tablet as well as remotely control the camera from the mobile device by using the Camera...
Canon – PowerShot SX720 HS is often named after its compact size and a refined appearance. The camera is believed to surpass many in terms of both photography and videography.
For photography, it features a 20.3 megapixels CMOS sensor that is enhanced by the precise autofocus system. The SR+ Auto settings are enough to deliver an accurate depiction of a variety of scenes. The camera goes exceptionally well for those traveling enthusiasts which find viewfinder at their ease. The 3 inches LCD screen can go best for entry-level photographers who are not well familiar with the working of the viewfinder. The lithium-ion battery offers about 450 shots per its full charge.
The camera is capable of recording about 59.94 frames per second for a Full HD 1080p video. It could also be used to capture stills at 24 frames per second. For continuous shooting, 6 frames per second shooting is maximum. The ISO range can go as low as 200 and as high as 3200 for ultra-dark scenarios.
11. Sony Cybershot DSC-HX80
- SONY AUTHORIZED DEALER - Includes Full SONY USA WARRANTY
- Sony Cyber-shot HX80 Compact Digital Camera with 30x Optical Zoom (Black)
- Renowned ZEISS optics - Exmor R CMOS sensor - 18.2 Effective MEGAPIXELS - BIONZ X image processing engine
Redesigned and filled with the upgraded feature, the Sony – Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 camera is the best choice from Sony’s line. The camera provides some extraordinary skills for shooters that are looking for single compact cameras.
At the heart of the camera, there is an 18.2MP CMOS sensor, which features a back-illuminated design, along with a BIONZ X image processor to avail smooth image quality, reduced noise. The camera comes with video recording feature of 1080p with 60 frames per second. This is not quite the feature that you would go for in tight budget but the Sony – Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 offers you one. The ISO sensitivity goes up to 12800 which makes the camera really suitable for use in some low light scenarios. The Full HD video recording at 180 frames per second makes it an extraordinary video recording camera. There is no camera in the current market in this budget that can provide you with this enhanced video recording feature.
12. Canon PowerShot SX420IS
- Powerful 42x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer for outstanding optical performance
- Aspect Ratio : 16:9 / 3:2 / 4:3 / 1:1. Built in Wi Fi and NFC allows for easy sharing and transferring of images and videos
- 20.0 Megapixel sensor with DIGIC 4+ Image Processor helps deliver stunning image quality and approx number of shots recordable to 16 GB memory card
Do you want a camera that is future proof and a perfect camera for making an entry into photography? This Canon PowerShot SX420IS is the perfect choice for you. It is a combination of portability and a sleek design which produces some of the most advanced imaging and multiple control and connection capabilities.
The camera is equipped with a 20 megapixels CMOS sensor and a bunch of controls and a high-tech image processor, due to which the SX420IS is able to capture high-resolution stills. For an entry-level camera, the SX420IS is able to perform in a majority of low and high light situations. The sensor and processor combinations provide a unique and high-quality design of photos. For continuous shooting, this camera is a beast as well as it can capture 7 fps in continuous shooting. The touchscreen is a new design in the camera market and it should be appreciated. New camera features are often ignored by the buyers. Many photographers who are new to the photography hobby are often not aware of the rigid bodies that are needed to fulfill the requirements of photography in far off areas.
13. Nikon COOLPIX B500
- KIT INCLUDES 13 PRODUCTS -- All BRAND NEW Items with all Manufacturer-supplied Accessories + Full USA Warranties:
-  Nikon Coolpix B500 Wi-Fi Digital Camera (Red) +  Transcend 64GB SDXC U3 Card +  PD 4x AA Batteries & Charger +
-  PD-C20 Camera / Camcorder Case +  Vivitar SF-3000 Slave Flash +  PD 50" Compact Travel Tripod +
After going through a wide variety of cameras that are priced under the range of $300, Nikon COOLPIX B700 is the best choice to make. The camera offers a 20.2 Megapixels image quality along with the BSI CMOS Sensor. It comes with NIKKOR Super ED 60x Optical Zoom lens that can capture a far off object with the same image quality an in a 1x zoomed lens. The dynamic zoom goes up to 160x that lets the user capture from a really long distance such as during races and airplane flights. There is also an electronic viewfinder and a 3 inches LCD monitor that can later view your framed shot with utmost precision. The camera has a compact design but features the versatility of a DSLR.
The manual mode of the camera allows the user to shot the video and pictures using the Vibration Reduction Technology. In this mode, you can shoot the 20 Megapixels RAW images. The user can also shoot videos in 4K resolution with higher frame rates. High-speed shots can be captured at 5 frames per second.
There is also a Face priority feature that can autofocus the images when the subject is moving and hence no loss in focus is observed. The camera also features modern technologies such as Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth which keeps the camera up to date. Another feature that makes it outstanding from others is the Snapbridge which can be used to transfer the images from the smartphone in an instant for later editing and controlling the camera through the use of remote control, by utilizing an application on the phone.
14. Canon PowerShot SX620 HS
- This Photo4Less Top Value Camera With USA Warranty and manufacturer's supplied Accessories Kit includes:
- Canon PowerShot SX620 HS Digital Camera (Red) - Transcend 32GB Memory Card - Point & Shoot Camera Case - USB Card Reader
- Screen Protectors - Memory Card Wallet - Cleaning Pen - 5 Piece Cleaning Kit - Table Top Tripod
Canon – PowerShot SX620 HS is one of the best digital cameras for videos. The camera has the Full HD recording system that can capture some great videos at 1080p video quality which most of the cameras lack even today.
The camera has the lens of 20.1 megapixels which can outperform many great digital cameras of nowadays. The 20.1 megapixels delivers shots with extreme detail that normal cameras can’t deliver. The camera is priced between mid to upper price point and is a fair deal and is considered as a bang for the buck. The optical zoom ranges up to 25x but since it is a digital camera designed for videos, this zoom is a fair object in this price point. The camera can capture pictures in JPEG, RAW, and DCF. The videos are filmed at AVCHD and MP4. The camera has been rated quite well at major retail stores.