A full-frame DSLR camera, the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III was announced in early 2020 and will be Canon’s flagship model. The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is a powerful DSLR that is ideal for sports, wildlife, and other demanding and dynamic photographic applications.
Get a Canon EOS-1D X Mark III flash if you want to take better photos with your camera. For the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III, we have tested and assessed the newest flashes available. Below is a list of our top suggested models:
In terms of image quality, the 1D X Mark III is Canon’s newest flagship DSLR, and it delivers genuinely awe-inspiring results right out of the box. However, using a high-quality flash can improve the overall quality of your images even further. Continue reading to learn about the best-performing speedlites currently available on the market.
Best Flashes For Canon EOS 1D X Mark III
|Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Flash||Buy Now|
|Profoto A1X AirTTL-C||Amazon|
|Canon Speedlite 600EX II||Amazon|
|Canon Speedlite 470EX||Amazon|
|Godox V1 Flash||Amazon|
Read more: Best Lenses for Canon 1D X Mark III
1. Profoto A1X AirTTL-C Studio Light for Canon
- Bounce Card
- Dome Diffuser
- Battery Charger
- Li-Ion Battery
- Bag with Shoulder Strap
When designing the A1X, we considered the needs of both the professional photographer seeking portability and performance features and the ambitious non-professional who recognizes the importance of quality lighting but prefers to work comfortably and easily without the hassle of a complicated interface.
The A1X is simple to operate. Taking it out of the box and starting shooting is just a matter of seconds. Because the A1X is just 1.2 lbs (with the battery), its sleek matte black finish attracts not only the eye but also the touch sense as well as the visual sense.
- Roundhead with soft, smooth, and natural fall off
- AirTTL and HSS for fast professional images
- Smart magnetic click-on mount for A1X Light Shaping Tools
- 5 Dedicated A1X Light Shaping Tools available
- LED modeling light integrated to the head
- Air Remote built-in (6 groups, 20 channels)
- Rechargeable and exchangeable Li-Ion battery
- 1-sec recycling time to full power
- TTL/MAN switch
- Built-in auto-zoom in the head with manual override handles lenses from 32 to 105mm
- Autofocus (AF) assist
- Large Hi-Res LCD display
- TTL Support for Canon
- Compatible with all Profoto Air Remotes, wireless range up to 1000
2. Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT Flash
- Improved performance of continuous flash by approx. 1.1 to...
- Wireless flash shooting support is available for both radio...
- Multiple flash system allows control of up to five groups of...
- Power Source:Four AA size/LR6 alkaline or AA/HR6 Ni-MH...
This is Canon’s professional Speedlite flash, and it is more costly than the 470EX-AI, which it replaces. With a powerful guide number of 197′ at ISO 100 and 200mm, this camera is a serious contender. A specifically built bounce adaptor, as well as a hard color filter and an upgraded soft casing, are all included in this edition, which enhances continuous flash performance by 1.1-1.5x or up to 2.0x with an optional battery pack.
The menu system has also been simplified to allow for speedier operation. 2.4 GHz radio technology with two-way communication provides increased dependability and a range of up to 98.4 feet among up to five groups of Speedlites with a total of 15 individual Speedlites. In addition, unlike traditional optical-based transmission, this technology does not require a straight line of sight and is capable of transmitting across barriers.
- AF assist beam works with up to 61-point High Density Reticular AF system
- There are 15 custom functions and 6 personal functions for maximum customization
- Optical transmission is available in addition to radio transmission
- Quick Flash settings speeds up recycle time and flash duration
- Manual power settings from 1/1 to 1/128 power in 1/3-stop increments
- Flash color temperature information is automatically transmitted to the camera
- Automatic power off function
- Flash exposure compensation from -3 to +3 EV in 1/2 or 1/3 EV steps
- PC sync port and remote release terminal for off-camera triggering
- Flash duration of 1.8 ms or less, or 2.3 ms or less in Quick Flash mode
- Stroboscopic setting from 1-500 Hz, or 1-199 Hz during optical transmission wireless shooting
- Wireless flash ratio control from 1:8 to 1:1 to 8:1 in ½-stop increments
- Compatible with ST-E3 Speedlite Transmitter
- Approximately 100-700 flashes with AA alkaline batteries
- Locking metal foot
- Bracket mounting hole
- Built-in retractable bounce card
3. Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI Flash
- World's first flash equipped with an Ai bounce function*
- Ai. B full-auto mode and AI. B semi-auto mode settings.
- Maximum guide number of 47 (154 ft. /47M) at is 100.
- A assist Beam emission in low-light scenes.
- "Zoom flash head range of 24 105mm**. flash exposure...
Introducing Canon’s newest and best-selling Speedlite flash. Using Auto Intelligent Bounce technology, this flash is unlike any other on-camera light available. Using this feature, you may automatically tilt and spin the flash head to generate even, diffuse, and clean bounce flash effects.
It assesses the room you’re working in, as well as the focus distance you’ve selected. This function can be used in either full-auto mode, in which the flash automatically determines all settings, or in semi-auto mode, in which you can set the angle of the flash and it will automatically rotate depending on the specific camera position or orientation in use. Full-auto mode is the default setting.
- Auto Intelligent Bounce Head
- Compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II
- Guide Number: 154′ at ISO 100 and 105mm
- Zoom Range: 24-105mm (14mm with Panel)
- Tilts Upward 120°, +/- 180° Rotation
- AI.B Full-Auto and AI.B Semi-Auto Modes
- Optical Receiver Mode
- LCD Panel
- AF Assist Beam
- Runs on 4x AA Batteries
4. Godox V1 Flash
- 🌿Godox V1 Features Round Fresnel Head for Soft Natural...
- 🌿|Fast and Convenient Magnetic Rim|: Being able to work...
- 🌿|High Powered & Speedy Recycling Battery|: Godox V1...
- 🌿 |Remote Canon E-TTL Power Control|: The Godox V1...
- 🌿|Perfect for on and off camera use|: 10 Level SMD LED...
A strong 76Ws output combined with a distinctive appearance distinguishes the Godox V1 Flash as a cutting-edge light source with characteristics that accurately represent the status of the industry today.
This flexible on-camera light, which is compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II, is differentiated by its round head, which delivers soft, smooth light with progressive falloff, enhancing the flattering output. With a rotational range of 330 degrees and a tilt range of -7 to 120 degrees, the head is equipped with a magnetic surface for lightning-fast attachment of Godox’s accessories light modifiers.
- Compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II
- Output: 76Ws
- Auto Zoom Control, Zoom Range: 28-105mm
- 2.4 GHz Wireless X-System Transmitter
- Built-In LED Modeling Lamp
- Tilts -7 to 120°, Rotates 330°
- Round Flash Head Design
- Magnetic Light Modifier Attachment
- 1.5 sec Recycle Time, HSS Support
- Removable, Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery