To capture decent video clips, there was a time when you wanted a video camera. But that is no longer inherently so.
The cameras on your smartphone are more capable than ever, while professional film cameras and balanced OSS lenses can still provide the best video output.
The iPhone 12 was launched globally, and people asked me the best gimbals they could use for the new device to make smooth images. The iPhone 12 gimbal, iPhone 12 Pro gimbal, and iPhone 12 Pro Max gimbal are available on various online shopping websites. So far, along with my proposals for Best Gimbals for iPhone 12, these are the best rating.
Since most people have a mobile, a decent way to start filming without wasting hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a monitor is to use the camera on your phone. But it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have trouble doing it.
Have you ever tried to take a beautiful video on your phone, only to spoil it with shaky or fuzzy footage? If you’re recording footage of the first steps of your infant, that could be great, but if you’re trying to create Youtube videos or film viral material, you want the videos to look their best, even if it’s just a cat’s dumb video.
You may have read of DSLR camera gimbal stabilizers. Well, gimbal stabilizers for your smartphone or GoPro camera are also available.
In the last couple of years, iPhone cameras have changed by leaps and bounds. Now at 30 FPS, we can shoot 4K videos and even 240 FPS slow-motion videos. The video capturing capability of these devices is at a wonderful moment with all the developments in sensor technology, along with stuff like Optical Image Stabilization and more. However, to maintain a steady frame, you would need a gimbal if you try to shoot some professional-looking footage. So if you’re curious which gimbal to buy, the best iPhone gimbals to take balanced videos.
1. DJI OM 4
- 【FEEL THE PULL】: The magnetic phone clamp and magnetic ring holder enable effortless capture whenever inspiration strikes. Attach your smartphone to DJI OM 4 instantly, perfect for filming on the go.
- 【3-AXIS STABILIZATION】: Never post a shaky video again. Even with an external lens added, DJI OM 4’s powerful 3-axis motor keeps your smartphone steady and your video smooth.
- 【DYNAMICZOOM】: Try out the mind-boggling “Hitchcock effect,” a creative zoom shot that delivers a Hollywood feel with minimal effort. Advanced algorithms know what to do, so all you have to do is tap and walk.
- 【GESTURE CONTROL】: Whether you’re taking a selfie or a group photo, hands-free is the way to go. Remotely control OM 4 with just a gesture. Snapping a pic or starting a video has never been this convenient.
- 【ACTIVETRACK 3.0】: ActiveTrack 3.0 makes following subjects a walk in the park. This version recognizes adults, children, and pets with higher accuracy, and you can even fine-tune your image composition with the joystick.
- 【WHAT YOU GET】: DJI OM4 x 1, Magnetic Ring Holder × 1, Magnetic Phone Clamp × 1, Grip Tripod × 1, Power Cable × 1, Osmo Storage Pouch × 1, Wrist Strap × 1, Manuals × 1
The DJI OM4 is the gimbal I would prescribe to individuals who plan to use a gimbal daily for the iPhone and Android. The gimbal has excellent image stabilization for the price, and its software is the best in the business.
DJI has worked on developing the best user interface. It’s quick to prepare, set up, and concentrate on the fun part, actually recording stuff. Its killer feature is the magnetic connection design that takes the bother of mounting your handset out of the equation.
The DJI OM4 can fit 67-84 mm wide and up to 6.9-10 mm thick phones for iPhone and Android. This allows smaller iPhones such as the iPhone SE and larger iPhones such as the iPhone 11 Pro Max and Samsung Note 20 Ultra to suit.
DJI upgraded the Osmo Mobile 3 engines and can now support 230 ± 60 g of telephones that way. That’s a 26 percent improvement from its predecessor, and even though you’re using camera accessories like the Moment lens, it can comfortably support tablets.
To be compliant with mounting devices such as tripods, the gimbal also has a quarter-inch thread needle.
As for applications, iOS 10.0/Android 6.0 and later models are compliant with the DJI Mimo companion app. With the iPhone 8 and later versions, it will record 4K@60fps.
2. Zhiyun Smooth 4
- 👍👍【Filmic Pro】The official APP for Smooth 4 is called ZY play. But Filmic Pro has best in class support for Smooth 4, you can use Filmic Pro as an alternative to ZY play.
- 👍👍【Control Panel】Integrated control panel design,Focus Pull & Zoom Capability
- ✅✅【MUST KNOW】Balance the gimbal before use: Slide the smartphoone in as close as possible to against the tilt axis motor. Loosen the Roll (Y) Axis Thumb Screw (which is on the back) to adjust the gravity center by sliding the horizontal arm.When phone stays in level in power OFF status, it is balanced.We recommend you VIEW the video tutorials, There are lots of tutorial videos on YOUTUBE that will help you master the gimbal.
- 👍👍【PhoneGo Mode】PhoneGo Mode for Instant Scene Transition
- 👍👍【Time Lapse & Object Tracking】Time Lapse Expert and Object Tracking available, Supports Two-way Charging with Longer Runtime
On an iPhone, a large proportion of the footage posted to the internet every year is taken. And this is not just cat videos and Instagram stories-as a reliable way to capture great footage; more and more professional content creators are turning to the iPhone. The best buy for the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max user right now, Gimbal-wise, is the Zhiyun-Tech Smooth 4 stabilizer, a gimbal that refines what has come before at an attractive price to provide a great stabilization solution. Its generous on-body controls include a large wheel that can be used to focus or zoom, making it a pleasant tactile experience to use the gimbal. Smooth 4 also enables creating many useful effects when paired with the app, such as moving time-lapse, and there is a special ‘Vertigo’ feature that produces a dolly zoom effect that shifts perspective. Bear in mind that the Smooth series has more of a reputation for unreliability among Android users, but this is probably one for the iPhone crowd.
The Zhiyun Smooth 4 is a better alternative to the DJI OM4 for videographers who want to be advanced. In stabilization tests, the Zhiyun Smooth 4 does almost as well as the Osmo Mobile 3 and OM4 but features more buttons and dials to play with. Without reaching for the screen of your phone, you can adjust the exposure and aperture.
The heavier iPhone XS Max (208g) caused balance problems during testing and overworked the motors. Some phones are too big for a gimbal, like the iPhone 11 Pro Max (226g).
Zhiyun has a long history of manufacturing handheld gimbals that are high quality and inexpensive. The Smooth 4 3 axis is their new flagship mobile gimbal and the best-selling Amazon iPhone and Android gimbal stabilizer at the moment.
You’ll love the Zhiyun Smooth 4 if you want keys. Through the Smooth 4’s controls, you can change the exposure, flip your screen, switch the focus, and toggle on the flash. And those are just a handful of instances.
But clearly, it doesn’t sound like a mere portable gimbal for the Smooth 4. It is almost an instrument for filmmakers that stabilizes the camera as well. This means that the gimbal has a steep learning curve, and to get the best out of it, you’ll need to be familiar with filmmaking fundamentals.
Zhiyun packaged the Smooth 4 generously with a compact but handy tripod. This is not only perfect for those panoramas and time-lapses, but while keeping my gimbal in underslung mode (upside down) for those low-angle shots, I find myself using it as a grip extension.
3. DJI Osmo Mobile 3
- Featuring a new foldable design, a lots of new functions the Osmo Mobile 3 smartphone stabilizer is a must-have handheld gimbal for content creators.
- A 3-axis stabilized gimbal features brushless motors that provide smooth, real-time responses to eliminate unwanted camera movements.
- The Osmo Mobile 3 features a variety of functions allowing you to vlog and shoot content throughout the day including: Gesture Control, Dolly Zoom, Panoramas, Slow Motion, Timelapse, Hyperlapse, Sport Mode, Handy Convenience, Story Mode.
- Compatible Phones: Weight: 7 +/- 1oz; Thickness: ≤ 0.37"; Width: 2.44"-3.46"
- What you get: DJI Osmo Mobile 3 (Built-in Battery), Power Cable, Storage Pouch, Wrist Strap, 4x Anti-Slip Pads, Osmo Grip Tripod, Osmo Carrying Case
Even the largest phones like iPhone 12 Pro Max can conveniently handle the Osmo Mobile’s spring-loaded clamp, and its gimbal arm can rotate by 90 degrees for smooth flipping between landscape and portrait orientation.
Construction is acrylic, but the Osmo also feels like a quality product, and for extended use, the finely sculpted ergonomic handle is handy. The low 405g – 80g less than the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 – further helps convenience and is all the more remarkable considering that this new Osmo now has a hinged gimbal arm, so it folds smaller for transport.
There are few physical keys, but with features, the Osmo is filled. Not only can it identify instantly when you plan to pan and tilt the camera and smooth this action whilst also ironing out unintended twitches quite efficiently, but you may also even choose between modes such as Walk and Sport to change the stabilization strength. There is also an alternative called Active Monitor, whereby the gimbal, with adjustable tracking sensitivity, can automatically track a moving subject for you.
Most of this feature is accessed from the DJI Mimo free companion app, which links your phone via Bluetooth to the Osmo. It also helps you to zoom the camera on your phone using the gimbal handle’s actual zoom slider.
An upgraded variant, the DJI OM4, which comes standard with a tripod base and provides a new magnetic mount system, has just been released.
4. Zhiyun Smooth X
- 【COMPACT DESIGN】An extendable body of 10.2 inches maximum length with a durable aluminum rod is great for a group selfie. Foldable design makes Smooth-X a portable and travel pocket size gimbal stabilizer.
- 【2 IN 1 GIMBAL STABILIZER】Activation on the "ZY Cami" app is required before using Smooth-X. With the innovative power of a phone stabilizer, Smooth-X is a 246g lightweight selfie stick that helps you take the beauty and steady selfie moment or Tik Tok videos smoothly.
- 【INTELLIGENT GESTURE CONTROL】Taking photos or recording videos effortlessly with Bluetooth wireless control. Widely compatible with smartphones, iPhone 11/11 Pro/Xs/Xr/SE and Samsung Galaxy Android phones under 235g. With the “ZY Cami” app, you can also capture a steady moment by showing a “V” gesture or waving to the camera.
- 【QUICK PORTRAIT MODE SWITCH】Easily and wirelessly switch between portrait and landscape mode by double-clicking the “M” button on Smooth-X. Start recording your IG story or Tik Tok videos, vlogging, and YouTube live streaming in your unique style.
- 【INTELLIGENT NEW “ZY CAMI”】Designed for Smooth-X, the “ZY Cami” offers creative filmmaking templates for you. You can create/edit professional movies and fun videos with simple clicks. Face/Object tracking, slow motion, time-lapse and panorama functions offer you more creative ways to play.
A nice piece of gear in a small and lightweight box is the Zhiyun Smooth X. It features a plastic structure. Still, the inexpensive price tag makes this mobile gimbal a very enticing proposal for someone wanting to update their videography or vlogging for their smartphone. The ability to swivel the head of the gimbal into portrait orientation helps make this gimbal an important package for any vlogger.
With the Zhiyun Smooth X, one of our only niggles is that the ZY Cami software you need to set up the gimbal isn’t compatible with any computer. However, most phones can run the app, but if you’re unsure, check the compatibility list here.
Although gimbals are usually synonymous with experienced YouTubers and content makers, Zhiyun has targeted the Smooth X celebrities of Instagram Story and TikTok.
Just in case anything post-worthy pops up, they have made a gimbal that can be held in your pocket. A selfie stick in the gimbal can stretch up to 10 inches-no more need to pick between a gimbal and a selfie stick!
The Zhiyun Smooth X is, however, not a typical 3-axis gimbal. It just has engines stabilizing in the axes of the pan and roll, but not in the tilt axis (up and down). So going up and downstairs would create a blurry video, for instance.
5. Feiyutech Vimble 2
- 🎉【18cm Long Extension Freely:】Newly added 18cm long extension bar gives more enjoyment when taking selfies and taking group photo. It gives smart phone wider frame and the beautiful scenery can be framed in easily.(Note:Extend by manual)
- 🎉【New Horizontal Shoot Vertical Fixture Design:】Quickly change shooting direction from Horizontal to vertical Holding trigger and clicking function button.Easily adapt itself in different shooting scenes.Have better using experience when taking selfies and being in live show. 210G Landscape load weight; 200G Vertical Load Weight.
- 🎉【 Bluetooth shutter button,Built-in Zoom slider in handle:】Through bluetooth connection between smart phone and Vimble 2S, Vimble 2S can control the smartphone camera by the shutter button.Support smartphones' built-in camera,you can control the Vimble 2s to take pictures or video without connection.
- 🎉【Face tracking,Object tracking:】Slightly point the screen to lock face.Fingers slightly scratch the scree to lock the focus, And it can achieve intelligent following with deep simulation to ensure the focus not to be out of the frame.
- 🎉Trail time-lapse photography.◆The working hours is up to 10 hours to supply more strong power for shooting. Kidly Notice:Please mount and balance the cell phone, unlock the 2 motor locks before turn on Vimble 2S. or it will cause vibration and broken to the gimbal
For a bit, Vimble 2 has been around and can now be found at rock-bottom rates. And what’s attractive is not just the low cost, as the Vimble 2 has an odd party piece. Take the handle away from the lower arm, and it exposes a four-section telescoping pole that enables the gimbal to act as a selfie-stick. If you’re vlogging and need to grab a bigger audience in selfie mode, it’s handy. Still, we’d wager the folding compactness of the rival DJI Osmo Mobile 3 would be a more valuable function regularly with just 18cm of extension.
When it comes to stabilization, we have no concerns, as the Vimble 2 is successful straight from powering up. Using a joystick on the handle, the phone’s holder can be manually moved, and there is the Feiyu ON app for additional features, including face and topic monitoring. This allows digital camera zooming and accurate object tracking through the physical slider on the Vimble 2 handle.
For the Osmo Mobile 3, though, construction quality and ergonomics aren’t quite up there, and the Vimble 2 is a little heavier at 428g. The battery life of 5 hours is also substantially less than what you get from the DJI.
6. Hohem iSteady X
- ◆【 How to Activate for the First Time】--- There are 5 Steps to do the Activation. 1) Download the Hohem Pro App from Apple Store or Google Play. 2) Register and login Hohem Pro App. 3) Mount your Phone at the middle of the gimbal and balance it well. 4) Power on and the bluetooth light flashes as red and green. 5) Enable the Bluetooth of the phone and launch the hohem pro App, Connect it.
- ◆【Only 259G, Pocket-Size & Foldable】--- As the world's lightest 3-Axis gimbal stabilizer, the weight of the iSteady X is only 259G. And the more important is that it is also a foldable gimbal, whose size is smaller than one hand. When you want to capture and make videos, it will be easy to come with you anywhere, never worry about its size and weight.
- ◆【One-Click · Auto-Inception Mode】--- To be the iSteady 3.0 first gimbal stabilizer, the iSteady X makes the Inception Mode to be easier, even for the Youtube/Vlog beginners. Just one click on Hohem Pro APP, it will enter into the Inception Mode Automatically.
- ◆【iSteady 3.0, more Powerful Anti-Shake Algorithm System】--- Equipped with enhanced DC brushless motors and the iSteady 3.0 anti-shake algorithm system, iSteady X is compact but more powerful to work for the smartphones to make cinematic videos easily.
- ◆【User Ecosystem · Moment Mode · Hohem Pro App】--- The face-tracking 3.0 with AI technology, the one-click auto-inception mode, the Beauty mode and various filters, the one-click dolly-zoom, the one-click time-lapse. All of them are gathered in one App, it is called "Hohem Pro". It mades the iSteady X more functional and easier to operate for everyone. Enjoy it, enjoy the moment!
For the budget-conscious or those just trying to see what all the fuss is about, the iSteady X is an excellent alternative. The performance of the foldable Osmo Mobile 3 and the compactness of the Zhiyun Smooth Q2 gave Hohem inspiration.
A foldable and extremely lightweight 3-axis gimbal stabilizer that can be bought for $69 is the result. The iSteady X is a marvelous gimbal for the price if you can see beyond its unrefined companion app.
Hohem might not have the same reputation as DJI or Zhiyun, but they’re Amazon’s top-selling gimbal manufacturer. The widely successful iSteady Mobile and iSteady Mobile Plus became popular because they delivered a fraction of the price for the same features as premium gimbals.
Hohem has launched the iSteady X, which has a foldable shape made possible by its offset gimbal arm, to keep up with the trend of increasingly tiny gimbals.
The consequence is a gimbal that’s just as capable but much easier to bring around as the iSteady Smartphone Plus. In reality, the iSteady X has won itself the title of the ‘world’s lightest gimbal’ with a weight of just 259g.
7. MOZA Mini-MI
- 📷【Wireless Phone Charging】Keep your Apple iPhone or Samsung Phone fully charged with the MOZA Mimi-MI Smartphone Gimbal. Works with all wirelessly-charged phones or using inductive charging technology and magnetic coils in the phone holder, the Mini-MI lets you charge your mobile phone wirelessly
- 📷【Super Follow Modes】The Mini-Mi features independent control system for each axis; Roll, Yaw, and Pitch. These axes can be controlled individually by 8 follow modes, giving you the same professional functionality that comes from MOZA’s advance control technology. Use one or all of the eight follow modes to capture smooth cinematic motion
- 📷【Cinematic Control of the Camera with Ergonomic Buttons】Gain cinematic control using the ergonomic buttons built into the handgrip. Within a fingertip’s reach are a joystick and dial wheel, which can access camera settings and filming modes. Instead of touching the smartphone screen directly, use the buttons in the handgrip to adjust ISO, shutter speed, exposure, focus, zoom, and white
- 📷【Inception Mode】The Mini-Mi's advanced software technology allows a user to setup the gimbal's roll arm to either side
- 📷【MOZA App】Intelligent APP control system, using a newly designed UI interface, set the shutter, sensitivity, time-lapse shooting and other parameters, easy to achieve precise control of photography effects.The MOZA app also supports RGB settings to achieve customized filter effects
The MOZA Mini-MI is an iPhone gimbal that has more functionality you can think of than virtually any other gimbal. The most special trait is its ability to charge installed phones using the Qi Wireless Charging protocol wirelessly.
The Mini-MI weighs 534g and is not quite as lightweight as its name would suggest. It is a bit on the bulky side, but for most, the disparity in size will not be a challenge, and those with larger hands will accept its thick handle.
The Mini-MI packs a significantly smaller 2100mAh battery, considering its size, which provides 10 hours of battery life for the gimbal.
The Mini-MI provides a joystick for mechanical panning and tilting for controls and a range of controls to switch shooting modes and more. With a double click of a button, it will flip the installed phone, bringing it into ‘selfie mode.’
It’s easy to get all these capabilities for under $100. With the Mini-MI, as many of its features are absent on more costly gimbals such as the Osmo Mobile 2, MOZA delivers excellent value for money.
8. Freefly Movi Cinema Robot
- Meet Movi, the ready-for-anything smartphone stabilizer designed to turn your phone into a powerful storytelling tool. Movi smooths out the bumps and shakes of handheld video so you can capture life's best moments in the highest quality video.
- Movi Cinema Robot automates mobile filmmaking. Unleash the true cinematic potential of your phone with the free Movi app, which allows you to control the robot with programmable shooting methods and customize your shots.
- Movi is flexible. Use portrait, landscape or selfie shooting mode to create and tell your story. Movi’s unique shape allows you to set it down anywhere or use the ¼ 20 mount for your tripod, dashboard, or selfie stick.
- Movi is ready for adventure! Strong, lightweight and durable, Movi’s long-lasting batteries are ready for a full day of mobile filmmaking.
- Movi is compatible with iPhones running iOS 11 and higher and most Android devices (up to 90mm wide). See compatibility table below for details.
Unlike the majority of monopod styled gimbals, the Movi Cinema Robot is almost U-shaped. This makes it easier to hold it and provide more stability for two hands.
The stabilization efficiency is excellent and superior to the DJI Osmo Mobile 2, as you would expect for a gimbal of its price.
Its special companion android, Movi App, is a huge part of the Movi Cinema Robot. This software is well thought out, unlike other gimbal companion applications, and has many cinematic presets. This makes creating amazing video content fast.
Two 2600mAh Lithium-Ion batteries are used for the Movi Cinema Robot, which lasts for around 8 hours. This is shorter than the other gimbals on this list, but the Movi Cinema Robot uses powerful engines to accommodate a much higher workload.
With the Movi Cinema Robot, there is also a lot more modification possible. You can add flashes and shotgun mics to the gimbal by adding the Movi Hoodie accessory mount.
9. FeiyuTech VLOG Pocket
- 【MUST KNOW】Unlock the three-axis clamp, charge the gimbal and balance your phone BEFORE using.It is suggested to remove the smartphone case and keep the logo of the smartphone holder upward.We recommend you to watch instruction videos on our Youtube channel of “FeiyuTech”especially for new gimbal users. Low-angle shooting is not allowed.
- 【Pocket Size & Foldable】FeiyuTech VLOG Pocket phone stabilizer 3 axis gimbal is really pocket-size, super light and portable. The unique eagle wing-shaped design makes it fit snuggly in a pocket or bag and the portability surpasses other cumbersome smartphone gimbals. The Ergonomic handle and integrated tripod design bring super cool holding feel and can fit perfectly in your palm, which makes you focus more on shooing.
- 【Non-Shake 3-Axis Stabilization & Self-Adaptation Motor】Advanced self-adaptation motor can help you to shoot incredibly smooth shots even in extreme scenarios like running up & downstairs, cycling outdoors or traveling over rugged terrain. Unlike other gimbals which need the phone to be leveled in very good condition, VLOG pocket can work even when the phone is not balanced well thanks to the powerful self-adaptation function.
- 【One key for Orientation Toggle】Double click function button to flip orientation easily WITHOUT turning off the VLOG pocket, which will free you from tedious and time consuming manual operation.
- 【AI Face & Object Tracking】VLOG pocket has a powerful AI tracking system with fast responding in the face and object tracking, thanks to the powerful calculation ability on app Feiyu On.Perfectly support native camera and for iOS smartphone and other Android smartphones like S10+ S9+ and etc.
The VLOG Pocket is, as its name suggests, all about portability. A hinged lower arm causes the gimbal to fold into a box of 109 x 56 x 146 mm – noticeably smaller than the Osmo Mobile 3 folding DJI. What’s even better is one of the lightest mobile gimbals on the market at just 272g.
However, any concessions have been made to do this as the consistency of the material is rather plasticky, and the handle section feels particularly cheap. You still have to do manual travel without a physical joystick control, but it is quick to swap between portrait and landscape orientation. Bluetooth networking allows trick features such as object detection, time-lapse imaging, slow motion, and dolly zoom effects in combination with the Feiyu ON app.
Stabilization is smooth and effective, although the experience is not as intuitive as Osmo Mobile 3, the uncannily smart DJI. The pared-down gimbal arm measurements also mean that you would need to carefully install a wider phone to protect it from knocking during any moves against the arm.
The built-in rechargeable 1300mAh battery is capable of a long 8-hour runtime, considering the ultra-low weight. And if you’re a bit too pedestrian for this black edition, the VLOG Pocket is also available in pink.
9. Evo Pro Gimbal
- PRO-QUALITY VIDEO: The EVO PRO smartphone camera stabilizer is a high quality iphone gimbal that turns your iOS or Android into a pro-grade, stabilized movie video camera giving you access to filming tools found in high-end professional cameras. The EVO PRO is the first iPhone gimbal that integrates fully with the most top rated mobile filming APPs on the market - FilMiC PRO.
- BUILT IN ZOOM & FOLLOW FOCUS WHEEL: The new integrated follow focus wheel on the EVO PRO allows you to precisely pull focus and zoom on your smartphone so you can have seamless creative control in your shots.
- INTEGRATED CONTROL PANEL: Quickly accessing camera control settings or viewing your photo library has never been easier than a press of the button. The new integrated control panel and select wheel on the EVO PRO handle lets you to quickly adjust advance camera settings such as WB, ISO, SEC, EXP and allows you to quickly view photos and videos in your phones library.
- SMARTLOCK STANDBY: Quickly and easily put the EVO PRO in standby mode and protect your phone and gimbal by simply rotating the gimbal arm downward into the standby lock. The EVO PRO’s motors will automatically detect the movement and power the motors down putting it into standby mode. Ready to shoot video again? Pull the arm and phone back upright and the stabilizer will automatically recognize and re-engage the motors. Yep that just made things a bit easier!
- SEAMLESS MODE TRANSITIONS: Any stabilization mode transitions can now be accomplished on the fly with the new built-in trigger buttons on the back side of the EVO PRO’s handle. Quickly enter full follow mode by holding down the bottom toggle for smooth up and down frame adjustments. Fast left & right pans can be triggered by pressing and holding the upper Sport Mode trigger.
Evo Gimbals is a gimbal company based in the United States that has produced some excellent DSLR and GoPro gimbals in the past. The Evo Pro is their flagship gimbal for smartphones, but it is actually a rebranded Zhiyun Smooth 4.
This is a good thing because Zhiyun Smooth 4 is a great gimbal. You also get superior local customer help with Evo Gimbals. However, it costs about $20 more, which in my opinion, is too high a premium.
Why do I get a gimbal for the iPhone?
Let’s explain precisely why you may need a gimbal stabilizer for your iPhone in the first place before I analyze my choices.
The iPhone Camera Is Better Than Ever
Only go back a couple of years ago, and you’ll see no one ever took video capture too seriously on their iPhone.
Sure, they were used on social media for posting any casual video. But there were pricey DSLRs or mirrorless cameras used by vloggers, amateur photographers, and live streamers.
But that all changed with newer phones, including iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Pro Max, Google Pixel, and Samsung Galaxy S20. These phones pack in cameras that, at a smooth 60 frames per second, can deliver crisp 4K footage. To capture video content, more and more people turn to their phones. And it’s likely to maintain the pattern.
With A Gimbal Stabilizer Say Goodbye To Shaky Video Footage
Camera shake becomes evident when you begin recording video on the move. Camera shaking is possible even with newer phones that have incredible built-in optical image stabilization (OIS).
So what is the solution to the issue?
A motorized 3-axis gimbal is a camera accessory that can significantly minimize the camera’s excessive shaking and shake.
For camera shake identification, they use gyroscopes and accelerometers. Then to combat the shake, three brushless motors spin three pivots by just the necessary number. Your handset is kept absolutely stable with the ability to maintain your mobile level in all three axes (pan, tilt, and roll).
And best of all, gimbals are extremely easy to use, unlike a Steadicam or a dolly run by Hollywood film crews. Only install your Android or iPhone and press the button for video.
So, whether you’re a content producer on Twitter, an aspiring artist, or someone just trying to capture better videos for their Instagram posts, a gimbal stabilizer is an easy and affordable way to make your game huge.
Smartphone Gimbals Are Cheaper Than Ever
In 2016, I can recall picking my first gimbal for iPhone. Smartphone gimbals cost about $300 back then, but a lot of analysis went into my acquisition. Finally, I decided on the amazing DJI Osmo Smartphone, which today is still a large gimbal.
Today, smartphone gimbals run even less to $100 and do more than the 2016 ones. It’s certainly a perfect time now to pick up a new gimbal and begin to create some sleek video footage.