Best lenses for Canon EOS 7D Mark II DSLR camera. Looking for the recommended lenses for your Canon EOS 7D Mark II? Here are the recommended Canon EOS 7D Mark II lenses.
The Canon’s EOS 7D Mark II is a high-performance DSLR that has a lot of amazing features and is perfect for sports and wildlife photographers. Although, it is an APS-C DSLR but performs tremendously and is rated as the best DSLR for enthusiasts by the camera critics all over the globe.
It boasts a 20.2-megapixel sensor with a total of 65 AF points with all of them being the cross-types. It can burst shoot at the rate of 10 frames per second and has an ISO range of 100-16,000, + 25,600, 51,200. It is powered by Dual DIGIC 6 Processors and is an excellent DSLR. A lot of lenses could be attached to this DSLR according to your taste. The following are the best ones.
Best All-in-one Lenses for Canon EOS 7D Mark II
1. Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM
- Handy, compact zoom lens for versatile and easy subject selection while travelling
- Incorporates Canon's Image Stabilization (IS) technology. Diagonal angle of view is between 75 - 8°15' degrees
- Powerful ring-type USM drive provides silent, high-speed autofocusing
- Optimized to suppress ghosting and flaring, ideal for use with digital cameras
Equipped with the powerful ring-type USM (Ultra-Sonic Motor) which allows the 7D Mark II lens to focus in a silent manner with detailed results. Also, there is a dual-mode Image Stabilizing system that enables photographers to the pan. It is a versatile lens and offers the best optical performance in its respective class along with the convenience of focusing as close as 2.3 feet over ht entire zooming range. It is perfect to use while shooting nature, sports, documentary photography, and wildlife.
2. Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
- 18-200mm focal length, Closest Focusing Distance : 1.48 ft./0.45m (maximum close-up magnification 0.24x)
- 28.8-320mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras, 72mm filters
- F3.5-5.6 maximum aperture; F22-38 minimum
- Micromotor-type AF motor without full-time manual focusing. Image stabilization, 4 stops
This lens offers the equivalent focal length range of 29-320mm in 35mm format and is an ideal all-rounder lens. From a telephoto perspective to a wide-angle, this lens can is so versatile and convenient that you would not need to carry different lenses if you get this one. This 7D Mark II lens is specifically engineered to be used with APS-C format EOS DSLRs. It has great image quality and performs brilliantly.
Best Portrait Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 7D Mark II
3. Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- The Sigma 85mm 1.4 DG HSM Art is the latest addition to the world renowned Sigma Global Vision Line
- It has equipped newly designed hyper sonic motor (HSM) for nimble AF control, 1.3 times better torque of its predecessor
- This lens is compatible with Mount converter MC-11 , so Sony E-mount users can also enjoy this lens with it
This lens received the Gold Award and an over 93% rating from the experts at edigitalreviews. It is an ideal lens for professionals who are into portrait photography in low-light conditions. It provides a soft and elegant bokeh effect with a precise focus which can blur the subject’s eyelashes while clearly capturing the pupils of the eyes. It can also be used in landscape photography, photojournalism, events, and wedding photography.
4. Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 50mm focal length
- 75mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
This super sharp canon 7D Mark II portrait prime lens can be used on Canon’s APS-C DSLRs with an equivalent focal length of 80mm. When used on a full-frame DSLR, it can offer an equivalent focal length of 50mm. It has a large 1.4 aperture and is best suited for professionals who want to do street photography, studio photography, landscape photography and portrait photography.
5. Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
- f1.2 maximum aperture
- Ring-type UltraSonic motor (USM), Focal length : 85mm, Closest focusing distance : 3.2 feet
- EF mount, medium telephoto lens, High-speed AF and circular aperture create shallow depth-of-field
- 111mm focal length for APS-H sensors, 136mm for APS-C sensors, Lens not zoomable
This lens can produce some very appealing photographs thanks to a narrow depth of field and dramatic focus fall-off. It has an extremely wide aperture, aspherical lens elements that cause minimal or reflections and a floating optical system. It is the largest-aperture available in 85mm 7D Mark II lens and is an ideal lens for portraits and general low-light photography. It is, however, a little expensive than its counterparts.
6. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Standard focal length 50 millimeter lens is effective in a multitude of shooting situations and ideal for day-to-day...
- Elements/Groups: 7/6, Diaphragm: Blades 8, Filter Thread: Font 58 millimeter. Minimum focusing distance: 17.8 inch
- An f/1.4 maximum aperture provides clear imaging in low light situations and shallow depth of field
- Ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) operation is fast, smooth and virtually silent
This lens has a nice depth of field creating an excellent blurry background. It has an f/1.4 speed which is great to shoot in low-light conditions. It is an ideal lens for street photographers and produces some wonderful images with excellent colors. It focuses rapidly without any noise and is one of the most popular lenses in its category thanks to the wonderful performance and an affordable price.
7. Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
- 85 millimetre standard lens with f/1.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras, Lens Type:Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) brings subject quickly into focus, Focal length: 85 millimetre, closest focusing...
- Natural angle of view and perspective is ideal for portraits and natural images
- Designed to produce beautiful background blur; weighs 15 ounces
This lens is very practical and perfect for a wide variety of applications including portraiture. This Canon 7D Mark II lens has a rapid fast f/1.8 maximum aperture which performs wonderfully in dim-light conditions and produces a nice bokeh effect thanks to a shallow depth of field.
8. Canon EF 100mm f/2 USM
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 100mm 1:2
- Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 24 Degree
- Rear focusing system with USM focus adjustment
Equipped with a fast USM (Ultra-Sonic Motor) and full-time manual focusing, this lens is a brilliant lens which is ideal for portraits and dim-light work. It is pretty compact in size and is recommended to our professionals and enthusiasts.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 7D Mark II
9. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art
- F1.8 maximum aperture
- F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 72mm filter size
- Minimum focusing distance 28 cm/ 11.0 in. USB Dock compatible, MC-11 compatible.
Rated as the best standard zoom lens for Canon EOS 7D Mark II by DxOMark, this lens is ideal for close-ups, casual snapshots, portraits, still life and landscapes. This lens is the latest benchmark in the history of photography and is recommended to have in every professional’s bag. It is the first-ever wide-angle to standard zoom lens to achieve a large aperture of f/1.8.
10. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
- 24 70 millimetre focal length, 38.4 112 millimetre equivalent focal length on Canon APS C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum, ring type ultrasonic type AF motor with full time manual focusing
- 82 millimetre filters, closest focusing distance: 0.38 meter/1.25 feet
- Image Stabilization : No. Focus adjustment: Inner focusing with USM. Diagonal angle of view: 84° - 34°. Weight 1.7...
From covering portraits to landscapes, this lens is so versatile that it has a wide zoom range that covers a large focal length. It is extremely sharp and has rapid fast autofocus which precise and silent at the same time. This perfect lens has optics that are similar to some of the finest quality 7D Mark II prime lenses available in the present market. It has a weather-sealed construction and it is difficult to find some flaws in this lens. It received a Gold Award and an 87% rating from the experts at goodproductreview. It is ideal to use in everyday photography to get the best results.
11. Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 DI VC USD
- 24-70mm focal length, Minimum focus distance - 0.38m/14.96 inch
- 36-105mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 38.4-112mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum, Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- Image stabilization, VC (Vibration Compensation), 82mm filters
This lens is the first fast standard zoom for full-frame cameras to feature optical image stabilization. This lens is a mixture of decent Image Stabilization systems, great optics, and excellent autofocus. It has a drip-proof construction making this lens a good alternative to the similar lenses manufactured by Nikon, Canon, and Sony. It received a Gold Award and an 85% overall rating from the critics at camerainsight.
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 7D Mark II
12. Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports
- Maximum Aperture Range: f/3.5-6.3
- One SLD and Four FLD Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic Motor AF System
This lens has 2 FLD glass elements and 3 SLD glass elements. FLD glass is the highest level low dispersion glass available with extremely high light transmission due to which superior optical performance is delivered. On the other hand, the SLD is also another low dispersion glass that is designed to minimize chromatic aberrations. This 7D Mark II lens is an excellent piece of engineering which has dust and splash-proof construction.
It is specifically designed for the most challenging situations and is the latest benchmark for telephoto zoom lenses. Throughout the entire zoom range, it shows incredibly sharp results with excellent colors. It has an upgraded Image Stabilizer system with an accelerometer for improved panning photography both horizontally and vertically. It is ideal for wildlife and motorsports photography.
13. Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
- Compact, high performance L-series super-telephoto zoom makes it ideal for sports and wildlife photography
- Rotation-type zoom ring allows for more precise composition and excellent balance when handholding
- Improved zoom torque adjustment ring allows easy setting of zoom tension, Focal Length & Maximum Aperture:100-400mm...
- New Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps to significantly reduce backlit flaring and ghosting, Highly resistant to dust and...
This lens provides an excellent contrast ratio and resolution with minimal or no chromatic aberration at all and that too at all zoom levels. It is made possible thanks to one fluorite and one super UD element. It is a bit pricey but it has a compact construction with a tremendous resolving power which makes this lens ideal for wildlife and sports photography.
14. Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM
- Offers OS (Optical Stabilization
- Two FLD Glass Elements
- Fast Focus
This Canon 7D Mark II lens is a perfect partner for our professionals who want to shoot outdoors or in the most challenging conditions. The dust and splash-proof construction make the photographers not to care about the lens and concentrate on their subject. It features an Optical Stabilizer offering a four-stop-equivalent reduction in the appearance of camera shake, helping to enable better handheld usage and low-light shooting. Moreover, the Hyper Sonic AF Motor enables the photographers to autofocus at a rapid fast speed without making any noise. It is ideal for fast-moving subjects like aviation, racing, nature, and wildlife.
15. Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4x
- High performance L-series super-telephoto zoom with built-in 1.4x extender (280-560mm, f/5.6) makes it ideal for sports...
- One fluorite and four UD lens elements provide excellent correction of chromatic aberration throughout the entire zoom...
- Inner focusing, ring USM, a high-speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms for fast and accurate autofocusing
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed stops of correction.
As the name shows, this lens has optically matched built-in 1.4x extender for maximum all-around performance. With a simple click, the zoom range of this lens can be increased to 180-560mm (f/5.6). This functionality comes extremely handy in situations when it is not possible to change 7D Mark II lenses quickly while at the same time protecting delicate equipment such as a digital SLR camera’s image sensor from the adverse conditions.
It provides great results with little or no chromatic aberration at all zoom levels. It produces some of the finest looking photos with a beautiful bokeh effect thanks to a 9-blade circular aperture. It is ideal for our professionals who want to shoot extreme sports and wildlife. It is pretty expensive but worth the price.
16. Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
- The most compact lens in its class
- Minimum Focus Distance :1.3m (51.2 in), Focal length: 70-200mm
- Fast F/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating...
- New VC anti-shake mechanism with 4-stop advantage
The built-in Ultrasonic Silent Drive Motor and the upgraded Vibration Compensation system of this lens allow the users to get detailed and quiet autofocus along with great resistance against camera shakes when using hand-held. It is the most favorite Canon 7D Mark II lens of the enthusiasts and semi-professionals. It is durable, produces a great bokeh effect and has a consistent output.
17. Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- 70-200 mm focal length and 1:2.8 maximum aperture
- Lens construction consists of 23 elements in 19 groups (1 fluorite and 5 UD elements)
- 34-Degree - 12-Degree diagonal angle of view
- Inner focusing system with USM and full-time manual focus option
This lens is one of the most widely praised 7D Mark II lenses in Canon’s EF line of lenses. It has superior speed, great performance, and tremendous optical quality. It has one fluorite and five UD elements for enhanced optical quality and little chromatic aberration. Moreover, it has a minimum focusing distance of 3.9′ (1.2m) at all zoom levels so the photographers can shoot close to their target objects even in smaller spaces. It has a moisture and dust resistant construction which makes it a good option to use in rugged environments.
18. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM
- Impressive focal range.Diagonal Angle of View 34° - 8° 15'
- Travel friendly size, packs small and stays small with a manual lock switch on side of barrel. Note: lens can only be...
- Focus Adjustment Type - lens extension via inner focusing focus cam, plus floating mechanism.Closest Focusing Distance:...
- Note that when the inner lens is fully extended (300mm) it's approximately 8.25" in overall length. The 5.6" measurement...
This lens is perfectly suited for those who frequently shoot in dim-light conditions. It could also be used when shooting landscapes, sports, travel, and nature. This lens produces some of the finest images with excellent colors. The rapid fast operation makes this a good alternative to its expensive counterparts.
Best Telephoto Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 7D Mark II
19. Canon EF 400mm f/4 DO IS II USM
- Compact, lightweight super telephoto lens that is ideal for sports and wildlife photography
- Newly-developed gapless dual-layer diffractive optical elements deliver improved image quality with reduced flare
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed stops of correction
- Power Focus mode enables smooth focus shifts essential for filmmaking
This 7D Mark II lens is a compact lens packed in a lightweight body and is a perfect partner for those who want to shoot wildlife and sports. It offers rapid-fast performance with minimal or no glare at all. The images it produces have a razor-sharp sharpness and excellent colors.
20. Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM II Super Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight:5.0 x 9.8 inches, 82.9 oz
This lens is yet another compact and lightweight lens. To be exact, it weighs a little over 8% less than its predecessor and still offers great speed, superior optics, and enhanced image stabilization. It allows the user to take panning shots. It is ideally positioned for professional action photography.
21. Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM II Super Telephoto Lens for Canon EOS SLR Cameras
Weighing 28% lighter than its predecessor, this lens is the lightest 7D Mark II lens in its respective class. It offers excellent results with razor-sharp sharpness and is a great option for professions who want to shoot wildlife, sports, and nature.
22. Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM
- The Canon EF200mm f/2L IS USM Telephoto Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras.
- It realizes a large aperture of f/2
Those who are looking for a brighter lens that is capable of shooting portraiture and indoor sports photography, this lens is ideal. It has a large aperture of f/2 and produces some of the most excellent images with brilliant colors.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 7D Mark II
23. Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
- High performance L-series ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with constant f/2.8 maximum aperture.
- All-new optical design for significant improvements in outer and corner sharpness.
- Sub wave length Coating (SWC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC) help to significantly reduce flare and ghosting.
- Highly resistant to dust and water intrusion, enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
An outstanding mix of durable design, constant aperture, fast operation, and excellent image quality, this lens is designed for those who want a fast operation and great performance in virtually any condition. It is an ideal 7D Mark II lens for professionals and semi-professionals who want to shoot detailed landscapes and dramatic interiors. It received a Gold Award and a 91% overall score from the experts at dslrbuzz.
24. Tokina AT-X 11-16mm f/2.8 PRO DX II
- USA Version. 3 Year Tokina Warranty included. Intended for sale within the USA.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors.
- Two Aspheric Lens Elements Two Super-Low Dispersion Lens Elements.
- Multi-Layer Coating 77mm Filter Thread.
DxOMark, the leading source of independent image quality measurements and ratings quotes this lens as the best ultrawide-angle zoom lens for the Canon EOS 7D Mark II. It has a constant bright aperture of f/2.9 which allows the photographer to view and autofocuses the subject even in dim-light conditions. It has two Super-Low Dispersion glass elements and two aspheric glass elements due to which great contrast and sharpness along with decreased chromatic aberration is achieved. It is a great canon 7D Mark II lens overall and possesses very detailed sharpness levels. Even in low-light conditions, it maintains a reasonable size and weight.
25. Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM
- L-series ultra-wide zoom lens with an impressive 11mm starting focal length
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 11–24mm f/4, Closest Focusing Distance : 11 in. / 0.28m
- New optical design and the use of one Super UD element and one UD lens element
- Subwavelength Coating (SWC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC), Inner focusing, ring USM, a high-speed CPU and optimized AF...
Winning the award of “Best Professional DSLR Lens” at TIPA awards in 2015, this lens is absolute brilliance. The advanced optical design of this lens boasts a Super UD and UD canon 7D Mark II lenses that correct chromatic aberration. It offers it, users, access to the “widest angle of view 5” yet achieved for a rectilinear full-frame DSLR zoom lens. The wide range of 11-24mm is perfect for taking unique perspectives on subjects close and far. It shows brilliant results while shooting interior shots and landscapes as well.
26. Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM
- Super-Wide: 10-20 with maximum aperture of F3.5 throughout entire zoom range
- Includes: Petal-type Hood supplied
- English (Publication Language)
Those photographers who want to control their depth of field while working with a non-TTL flash system would love this lens. The reason is that it is equipped with a fast fixed aperture of f/2.5 throughout the entire zoom range. It is an ideal companion when working in dim-light conditions. It has Super Multi-layer coating which decreases flare and ghosting, four aspherical 7D Mark II lenses which offer maximum correction for distortion and inner focusing system eliminates the front lens rotation and is suitable for use of polarizing filters. It is ideal for shooting weddings, group shots, photojournalism, interiors, architecture, and landscapes.
Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 7D Mark II
27. Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting. Weight is 2.1 pounds
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
- The Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM can be considered as the culmination of the Art line in relation with F1.4 series
This lens is a fine mix of advanced optics and optimized lens power distribution which minimizes spherical aberration, axial chromatic aberration and field curvature, producing outstanding image quality. This lens provides great brightness and a soft bokeh effect. This 7D Mark II lens is perfect for event photography, low-light or indoor photography, astrophotography and landscape photography.
28. Rokinon 16mm f/2.0 ED AS UMC CS
- Ultra wide angle 16mm lens
- Focal Length: 16mm, Minimum Focusing Distance : 7.9 inches (0.2m)
- Large f/2.0 aperture for low light photography and night street shooting
- Designed for cameras with cropped APS-C image sensors, Includes Removable lens hood and takes 77mm filters
With superior construction and a compact body, this lens is a tremendous one at an affordable price. It has a fast maximum aperture of f/2.0 which assists the photographer to shoot comfortably in dim-light conditions while offering a shallow depth of field at the same time. It has two aspherical lens elements and one extra-low dispersion element due to which chromatic aberrations are minimized and sharp, color-accurate images are produced.
Best Macro Lenses for Canon EOS 7D Mark II
29. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
- 100 mm focal length and 1:2.8 maximum aperture. The EF1.4X II/EF2X II extenders cannot be used with this lens. There are...
- Lens construction consists of 15 elements in 12 groups
- 23.4-Degree diagonal angle of view
- Inner focusing system with USM and full-time manual focus option. Closest focusing distance 0.99 ft./0.3m (maximum...
Experts at DPReview gave this lens a Gold Award and an amazing rating of 92%. They quote “There’s little doubt that this is one of the very finest 7D Mark II lenses we’ve seen – optically superb, with fast and positive autofocus, and one of the most effective images stabilization systems currently available.”
30. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
- 100mm macro USM lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras
- Focal length: 100mm, Closest focusing distance : 1 foot (film plane to subject)
- Secondary diaphragm blocks stray light at f/2.8 for increased contrast, Ultra-sonic monitor provides outstanding...
- 3-group floating system for exceptional close-up performance; full-time manual focus
This lens is ideal for capturing details and small subject material. It can also function as a pretty sharp prime telephoto lens for portraiture and other applications. It provides a mix of all-around performance, great image quality and superb handling.
31. Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Macro
- Moisture-Proof and Dust-Resistant Construction
- Durable Fluorine Coating on the front element repels water and fingerprints
- Advanced coating technology reduces flare and ghosting
- Circular aperture to achieve beautiful, rounded blur effects (bokeh)
This is yet another incredible 7D Mark II lens which can autofocus in no time and produces results with little or no chromatic aberration at all with razor-sharp sharpness. It offers a life-size maximum magnification ratio of 1:1, this lens provides an advantage when working with small and nearby subjects and employs a Floating System for maintained image quality throughout the 11.8″ to infinity focusing range.