Best Lenses for Canon EOS 80D DSLR camera. Looking for recommended lenses for your Canon EOS 80D? Here are the top-rated Canon EOS 80D lenses.
Photography has been a hobby for a lot of people nowadays. Right now, not only professional artists are the ones who can capture magnificent images that could be placed on display because even those who are just traveling could already do a mini photoshoot if they have a device that could capture the image.
When Canon EOS 80D was released, people were anticipating what they could do with the additional features that came with the camera. Canon EOS 80D is one of the best DSLR cameras enthusiast photographers. Some people even thought of investing in purchasing different Canon 80D lenses so that they can have more options regarding capturing the image, depending on what kind of adjustments they need to shoot the perfect image.
If you want to have variations on the images you take, you need to have different Canon 80D lenses at your disposal. Since there are a lot of different models and brands out there, you need to make sure that you have a list of the lenses that you have your eyes on and do a little background research to be able to compare them with one another.
Lucky for you, this article provides you with a list of lenses that is compatible with Canon EOS 80D where you can compare their specifications side by side by looking at the table. The small description of its highlights and features so that you can have an idea which one to purchase to add to your Canon 80D lenses collection.
Best All-In-One Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
1. Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
- 18-200mm focal length, Closest Focusing Distance : 1.48 ft./0.45m (maximum close-up magnification 0.24x)
- 28.8-320mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras, 72mm filters
- F3.5-5.6 maximum aperture; F22-38 minimum
- Micromotor-type AF motor without full-time manual focusing. Image stabilization, 4 stops
If you are looking for a lens that is compatible with Canon 80D, this zoom lens is the perfect purchase for you. Ever since its release date in the year 2008, it is still popular until today and still preferred by photographers because of its all-in-one feature that they could use for everyday shooting. Canon also introduced its first-ever image stabilization unit as they released this product as one of the best canon 80D lenses that enable automatic detection of planning and four stops of stabilization.
The design of the lens is achieved using an optical design of 16 elements in 12 groups with 2 UD glass elements and two aspherical elements to ensure high-quality details of the image as well as minimize discoloration of the image you’ve taken. However, the material used to create this lens is very unsophisticated that is generally for autofocusing only. Despite that design disaster, the company still wants to highlight its features such as the optical image stabilizer and focal length range up to 320 mm.
2. Canon EF 28-300mm F/3.5-5.6L IS USM Lens
- Handy, compact zoom lens for versatile and easy subject selection while travelling
- Incorporates Canon's Image Stabilization (IS) technology. Diagonal angle of view is between 75 - 8°15' degrees
- Powerful ring-type USM drive provides silent, high-speed autofocusing
- Optimized to suppress ghosting and flaring, ideal for use with digital cameras
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
3. Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
- F1.8 maximum aperture
- F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 72mm filter size
- Minimum focusing distance 28 cm/ 11.0 in. USB Dock compatible, MC-11 compatible.
For over 50 years, Sigma has been providing photographers varieties of lenses they can use for taking images. However, due to its expensiveness, a lot of other different companies made its way to compete with Sigma. That is why they didn’t rely on their prices to be able to compete again. Instead, they concentrated on making more high-end best canon 80D lenses.
Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM lens is one of the top-rated lenses you can mount on Canon 80D. Due to its APS-C sensor, it allows the device to capture the same light projection of an F2.8 lens. Mainly speaking, this makes the captured image twice brighter than the area, or the same brightness as the natural light provided. Aside from that, the lens also uses an ultrasonic autofocus motor to focus faster with less noise. Finally, the structure of this lens has a large grip area on the base for the user to handle the device correctly.
4. Canon EF-S 17-55mm F/2.8 IS Lens
- 17-55mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon DSLR cameras
- AD and aspherical elements deliver impressive image quality through entire zoom range, Closest focusing distance : 1.15...
- Image Stabilizer lens groups shift to compensate for image shake even in dim lighting
- Large circular aperture produces shallow depth of field; ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM)
5. Tamron SP 24-70mm Di VC USD
- 24-70mm focal length, Minimum focus distance - 0.38m/14.96 inch
- 36-105mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 38.4-112mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum, Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- Image stabilization, VC (Vibration Compensation), 82mm filters
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
6. Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II
- USA Version. 3 Year Tokina Warranty included. Intended for sale within the USA.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors.
- Two Aspheric Lens Elements Two Super-Low Dispersion Lens Elements.
- Multi-Layer Coating 77mm Filter Thread.
If you are looking for a lens that you can easily manipulate to switch between AF and MF, Tokina is a good choice, and it is also compatible with Canon 80D. The highly durable materials used to create the lens made it a good choice for people who prefers to use this lens every day in different weather conditions and environment. Despite its wide-angle zoom, the user would still feel the balance of the weight and size of this lens.
Since this only used as one of the best Canon 80D lenses back then, they made an update to make it compatible with Nikon as well, improving some of its features like decreasing the noise of focusing motor and changing the coating to improve the overall optical performance of the lens. The 2 aspheric glasses and 2 super-low dispersion glass elements of Tokina allow the device to achieve a high-quality contrast and sharpness as well as balanced color dispersion in the image.
7. Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
- EF S ultra wide zoom lens. Drive System Lead screw and rack system driven by stepping motor
- Focal Length and Maximum Aperture: 10 18 millimeter,1:4.5 5.6
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.72 feet. / 0.22 meter
- Stepping motor for noise free video shooting
8. Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 DC HSM
- Super-Wide: 10-20 with maximum aperture of F3.5 throughout entire zoom range
- Includes: Petal-type Hood supplied
- English (Publication Language)
9. Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR Lens
- 10-22mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/3.5-4.5 maximum aperture for EOS digital SLR cameras
- Superior AF performance and speed, with full-time manual focus with the turn of a ring
- Close focusing to 9.5 inches; fills the frame with subjects as small as 3.6 x 5.4 inches
- Circular aperture design produces natural highlights
Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
10. Sigma 20mm F1.4 ART DG HSM
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting. Weight is 2.1 pounds
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
- The Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM can be considered as the culmination of the Art line in relation with F1.4 series
Among the lenses compatible with Canon 80D, Sigma 20mm F1.4 ART DG HSM is one of the lenses which has a very sophisticated design and robust physical design. The lens design has 3 elements, namely, 2 of “F” Low Dispersion, 5 Special Low Dispersion, and 2 aspherical elements. These elements make sure that the color and spherical aberrations decreased so that the image would appear clear, sharp and evenly lit.
It also has a Super Multi-Layer coating to decrease light reflecting on the surface, avoid flaring, as well as ghosting to make the contrast higher and capture the colors correctly. Just like some of the best canon 80D lenses, this lens has a wide focal length that makes it perfect for use in capturing landscapes, interior designs, architectural images, and even capturing images from the sky. The f/1.4 aperture of this lens makes it a good choice when doing a photoshoot in a natural setting or low-light.
11. Samyang 14mm F2.8
- Ultra-wide angle of view on both full frame and APS-C cameras
- Minimum focusing distance of only 0. 9 ft. Focal Length -14 mm
- Excellent construction and superior build quality for razor sharp images
- Features built-in petal type hood
12. Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM
- Lens construction is 14 elements in 11 groups
- Focal length is 14mm, maximum aperture is 1:2.8 and has gel filter holder at rear of lens
- Closest focusing distance is 7.9 inches
- Diagonal angle of view is 114° (on full-frame cameras)
13. Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 20mm 1:2.8
- Lens construction: 11 elements in 9 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 94 Degree
- Rear focusing system with USM focus adjustment
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
14. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM UD
- Impressive focal range.Diagonal Angle of View 34° - 8° 15'
- Travel friendly size, packs small and stays small with a manual lock switch on side of barrel. Note: lens can only be...
- Focus Adjustment Type - lens extension via inner focusing focus cam, plus floating mechanism.Closest Focusing Distance:...
- Note that when the inner lens is fully extended (300mm) it's approximately 8.25" in overall length. The 5.6" measurement...
Looking for a lens that captures very high-quality images and can operate very quickly? Choose Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM UD Telephoto Zoom Lens as one of your Canon 80D lenses. It is one of the top choices when it comes to Canon 80D as well as Canon L-series. Due to the presence of Ultra-Low Dispersion elements in this lens, it improves the quality of the image and decreases the aberrations in colors so that it can capture a sharp image that you can close up.
If you want a lens perfect to use for portrait quality of photos or an image that has small details that you want to zoom in, this lens is an excellent choice for you. Aside from its fantastic high-quality image result, the lens is also dust and water-resistant that is coated with Fluorine to decrease soiling, smearing and even fingerprints leaving marks that could reduce the quality of the image.
15. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
- 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture for Canon EOS SLR cameras
- 3-stop Image Stabilizer for reducing camera shake; ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM), Macro Focus Range : 1.50 m
- Electro-magnetic diaphragm (EMD) helps create attractive background at large apertures
- Super Spectra lens coating and lens element shaping suppresses flare and ghosting,Filter Thread: 58 mm
For a lightweight best Canon 80D lens, you can try getting Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens because it could also offer a huge variety of focal lengths in just a single optic. Since it has an Ultrasonic motor, the performance of this lens improved a lot, making the image very high quality. This lens also has a circular aperture diaphragm to be able to make a natural highlight and a built-in stabilizer to help the user hold the lens at shutter speeds.
The lens also has a zoom lock button to secure the lens when not being used. Aside from that, it also has a Super Spectra lens coating that is used to decrease flare, making it ideal to use in traveling, capturing photos during sports games, and even in general photography as well. Since it also has a stabilizer, it enables the images to be sharp even when there is low light.
16. Tamron SP 70-200MM F/2.8 DI VC USD
- The most compact lens in its class
- Minimum Focus Distance :1.3m (51.2 in), Focal length: 70-200mm
- Fast F/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating...
- New VC anti-shake mechanism with 4-stop advantage
Best Wildlife and Sports Photography Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
17. Sigma 150-600mm 5-6.3 Sports DG OS HSM
- Maximum Aperture Range: f/3.5-6.3
- One SLD and Four FLD Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic Motor AF System
If you are looking for a lens to include in your collection of best Canon 80D lenses that is versatile and resistant to any weather condition, Sigma 150-600mm 5-6.3 Sports DG OS HSM Lens is an excellent choice to invest t. Since the lens has a Hyper Sonic Motor, it can focus on fast objects and with the help of optical stabilizers, it could really improve the planning performance of your camera. As the name suggests, it is a good lens to use to capture moving objects like during games to be able to focus on the movements properly.
This lens has 2 switches that you can use for locking the zoom and manually focusing the zoom on controlling it accurately. Aside from that, even though that it is compatible with Sigma USB Dock to gain updates, it can still be mounted on your Canon 80D camera and assure that you can again enjoy the benefits it could give. When purchasing the lens, the package includes the hood, case and shoulder strap.
18. Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens
- Compact, high performance L-series super-telephoto zoom makes it ideal for sports and wildlife photography
- Rotation-type zoom ring allows for more precise composition and excellent balance when handholding
- Improved zoom torque adjustment ring allows easy setting of zoom tension, Focal Length & Maximum Aperture:100-400mm...
- New Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps to significantly reduce backlit flaring and ghosting, Highly resistant to dust and...
Best Portrait (Prime) Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
19. Sigma 50mm F1.4 ART DG HSM
- 50mm focal length
- 75mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
To push out the artistic side in you, Sigma 50mm F1.4 ART DG HSM Lens will be a good combination with your Canon 80D so that you can capture different styles of images. Because of its Special Low Dispersion glass elements, Molded glass aspherical element, and advanced optical design, it enables the camera to minimize the coma flare and decreases chromatic aberrations to assure the high quality of the images as well as high levels of sharpness and clarity.
This lens also has a Hyper Sonic AF Motor with AF algorithm, enabling you to get an image that is quiet, smooth and focuses quickly. That is why it is an excellent addition to your Canon 80D lenses because it can be used in a lot of different situations. Aside from that, the motor also lets the user focus it manually and control the lens to refine and be more precise in capturing a particular image. Want to add this to your lens collection?
20. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
If you are looking for a lens that is versatile in focal lengths, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens is a good recommendation that is also compatible in Canon 80D. Although its structure is small, it still has a classic lens design with additional enhancements in the AF system, enabling it to operate faster. This lens also has an STM stepping motor that makes it a good choice to use in shooting still images or videos because it can operate smoothly and quickly.
When they updated its design, they added a metal lens mount and relocated the focus ring so that it can make the form more compatible with the user. Thanks to its autofocus feature, this lens is an excellent addition to your best Canon 80D lenses that you can use every day in many situations. The lens design also has a coating to decrease the possibility of flaring and ghosting.
21. Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
- 40mm focal length, Lens not zoom able, 64mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C Cameras
- Minimum focus distance at 0.30m/11.81 inch, F2.8 maximum aperture, F22 minimum
- Stepper type AF motor with full time manual focusing
- 52mm Filters, Lens Construction: 15 Elements in 12 Groups
22. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Standard focal length 50 millimeter lens is effective in a multitude of shooting situations and ideal for day-to-day...
- Elements/Groups: 7/6, Diaphragm: Blades 8, Filter Thread: Font 58 millimeter. Minimum focusing distance: 17.8 inch
- An f/1.4 maximum aperture provides clear imaging in low light situations and shallow depth of field
- Ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) operation is fast, smooth and virtually silent
Best Macro Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
23. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM
- 100 mm focal length and 1:2.8 maximum aperture. The EF1.4X II/EF2X II extenders cannot be used with this lens. There are...
- Lens construction consists of 15 elements in 12 groups
- 23.4-Degree diagonal angle of view
- Inner focusing system with USM and full-time manual focus option. Closest focusing distance 0.99 ft./0.3m (maximum...
One of the most popular 100mm macro lenses in Canon that can be mounted on Canon 80D is Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens. Because it included in the L-series, it has a good quality regarding the construction of the design to make the overall appearance of the image better. It has an ultra-low dispersion lens element as well as moisture and dustproof seal structure, making it a good choice for any situation.
This lens also has Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization to capture images with low light, and there is also vibration gyro with an acceleration sensor to be able to shift the camera and still focus on an image. The Ultrasonic Focus Motor built inside the lens makes it enable to autofocus quietly and quickly, and it has a manual focus override that allows the user to focus it manually even when in automatic mode.
Since you now have a list of different lenses compatible with Canon 80D, it is up to you to decide which one you are going to purchase depending on your preference. But, since the items on the list are high quality, and among the most efficient ones, it is better to consider them all.