The Canon EOS Rebel SL2 is one of the smallest DSLRs available in the market as it measures at 4.8 x 3.6 x 2.7 inches and weighing just around 400 grams. It is an ideal choice for photographers who want to have a camera with them every time but don’t want the hassle of carrying a large and heavy camera with them. Apart from its compact and lightweight body, the Canon EOS Rebel SL2 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 7 image processor, which together combine to avail a top native sensitivity of ISO 51200, 5 frames per second of continuous shooting and Full HD 1080p/60 fps movie recording. A total of 9 focus points gives a neat and sharp resulting image and a 3 inches wide LCD is great for viewing images and videos.
Following are some of the best Canon EOS Rebel SL2 lenses which could be attached to this wonderful DSLR.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel SL2
1. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art:
- F1.8 maximum aperture
- F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 72mm filter size
This highly recommended Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art lens got a 86% overall score and Gold Award from the experts at DP Review. The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art is the first wide-angle to a standard zoom lens which can achieve a large aperture of 1.8, which is ideal for landscapes, portraits, still life photography, snapshots, casual photography, and close-ups. While it’s Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) ensures smooth, fast and accurate autofocusing. The Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 DC HSM is a new benchmark in photographic history and a must have for every camera bag.
2. Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM:
- Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce its newly upgraded 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM lens.
- Focusing distance of 8.7 inches
This lens provides great performance with an affordable price range. This Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM lens has a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27.2-112mm that provides a wide-angle to portrait-length angles of view into the frame; this feature comes in handy in everyday shooting situations.
3. Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM:
- 17-55mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon DSLR cameras
- AD and aspherical elements deliver impressive image quality through entire zoom range, Closest focusing distance : 1.15 feet
- Image Stabilizer lens groups shift to compensate for image shake even in dim lighting
The Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM is an excellent event shooting zoom Lens; impressive low light performance, fast and quiet AF action, great bokeh, excellent sharpness, and minimal distortion – This lens features a large circular aperture that produces a shallow depth of field, creating a background blur that draws special attention to the photographic subject. The lens construction includes UD and aspherical elements that deliver impressive image quality throughout the entire zoom range. And thanks to the Image Stabilizer lens groups–which shifts automatically to compensate for camera shake, as a result, the image appears crisp and clear on the image plane, even in dim light.
Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel SL2
4. Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC:
- Samyang AF 14mm f/2. 8 FE lens for Canon EF - front lens cap - rear Lens cap - 1-year
- Brand: Samyang
- MPN: SYIO14AF-C
The Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC lens is the highest quality14mm Ultra-Wide Angle lens on the market with an affordable price. It has an excellent construction and superior build to provide razor sharp quality images. Also, it has a super multi-layer coating that reduces all of the flares and ghost imaging.
5. Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art:
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting. Weight is 2.1 pounds
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
The Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art is a pro-level lens. This lens delivers suitable brightness and a compensating bokeh and is an ideal high-speed lens for snapshots. The combination of advanced optics and optimized lens power distribution; minimizes spherical aberration, axial chromatic aberration and field curvature, producing an outstanding image quality. It has a class-leading performance, this lens is ideal for landscape photography, astrophotography, lowlight or indoor photography, event photography and even video shooting. All in all, this lens is worth the high cost.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel SL2
6. Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM:
- INCLUDES: Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens + Altura Photo Mini Tripod with Pistol Grip + Altura Photo Rapid Fire Wrist Strap + Altura Photo Hard-Shell Case + Altura Photo Accessory Kit + 3...
- HIGH PRECISION ULTRA-WIDE ZOOM LENS: Features a One Aspherical Element, an aperture range of f/4.5-5.6 to f/22-29, Enhanced Lens Coating, Optical Image Stabilizer, 7-Blade Circular Aperture and a...
- CANON brand accessories included: Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens + E-67 II 67mm Lens Cap + Lens Dust Cap E (Rear) + Canon Limited 1-Year Warranty
The EF-S 10–18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM lens combines optical excellence with cutting-edge performance, providing an ultra-wide angle view in a compact, portable package; it is perfect for EOS cameras with an APS-C sensor as it provides great performance at an affordable price. It can deliver reliable, speedy and quiet wide-angle performance, making it an ideal lens for everyday photography, travel, stills and video recording.
7. Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II:
- USA Version. 3 Year Tokina Warranty included. Intended for sale within the USA.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- Two Aspheric Lens Elements Two Super-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
The Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II is an ultra wide-angle zoom that provides the highest image quality and fastest autofocus. It’s the best ultra-wide angle lens with a fast f/2.8 aperture and a great build. If you’re looking for an ultra wide angle lens for your crop sensor (APS-C) camera, this lens is the one to choose.
8. Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM:
- 10-22mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/3.5-4.5 maximum aperture for EOS digital SLR cameras
- Superior AF performance and speed, with full-time manual focus with the turn of a ring
- Close focusing to 9.5 inches; fills the frame with subjects as small as 3.6 x 5.4 inches
The Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM has an excellent optical quality, superior AF performance and speed. This lens can amazingly capture sharp wide angle photos as it has a focus equivalent to a 16-35mm zoom; it offers excellent performance and has optics designed from the ground-up for digital SLR use. In addition, it can focus up to 9.5 inches which makes this lens an appealing lens option.
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel SL2
9. Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM:
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 55-250mm 1:4-5.6
- Closest focusing distance: 0.85m/2.8 ft.
- Lens construction: 15 elements in 12 groups
This lens is for photographers and videographers who are looking to add versatility and range to their lens collection, the new Canon 55–250mm f/4–5.6 IS STM telephoto zoom lens is the one to choose as it has a great telephoto zoom for video shooting. This lens is Compact and lightweight with an Optical Image Stabilizer for up to 3.5 equivalent stops of shake correction; it extends the camera’s reach significantly as it is best utilized when you’re capturing sharp images of faraway objects, even when handheld.
10. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM:
- 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture for Canon EOS SLR cameras
- 3-stop Image Stabilizer for reducing camera shake; ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM), Macro Focus Range : 1.50 m
- Electro-magnetic diaphragm (EMD) helps create attractive background at large apertures
This Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM is the lens you need because of its USM allows for an extremely quick, smooth and silent autofocus and it features a zoom lock button that keeps the lens safe and secure when not in use or when it’s being used at the shortest 70mm focal length setting. In addition, The EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 has Canon’s “Super Spectra” lens coatings for ideal flare-resistance, which makes this lens ideal for travel photography, sports photography, and general photographic applications.
Best Wildlife and Sports Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel SL2
11. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD:
- VC (Vibration Compensation)
- Minimum Focus Distance : 2.7m (106.3in), Focal Length : 150-600 mm
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), New eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating
The Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD features image stabilization, fast and quiet autofocusing and advanced lens coatings for sharp and perfectly contrasted photos. It has a built-in tripod mount making it easier to be used on tripods and monopods. If you can’t afford the Tamron SP 150-600mm G2 this lens is the best alternative as it is also ideally suited for sports and wildlife photography, as well as for landscapes.
Best Travel and Portrait Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel SL2
12. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM:
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is a great entry into the world of EOS prime lenses. With an 80mm effective focal length on APS-C cameras, 50mm on full-frame cameras, it’s an excellent prime lens for portrait, action and even nighttime photography. Its bright maximum aperture of f/1.8 helps it not only to excel in low light environments but also to capture sublime sharp images and clips with a beautiful background blur (bokeh) thanks to its circular 7-blade design. Furthermore, it’s the most affordable Portrait Lens that also happens to be a walk-around lens as it is compact and lightweight.
13. Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM:
- 15-85mm lens with f3.5-f.5.6 aperture; for use with APS-C cameras
- 35mm equivalent to 24-136mm focal length range
- Dedicated image stabilization
The Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM is an ideal lens for travel and everyday photography. This walk around lens has a focal length range equivalent to 24-136mm in 35mm format, image stabilization and high-precision optics; as a result, this lens offers stellar performance throughout wide-angle to telephoto range.
14. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM:
- Standard focal length 50mm lens is effective in a multitude of shooting situations and ideal for day-to-day shooting
- Elements/Groups: 7/6; Diaphragm: Blades 8; Filter Thread: Font 58mm
- An f/1.4 maximum aperture provides clear imaging in low light situations and shallow depth of field
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM happens to be one of the most popular and best portrait lenses for professional photographers. This lens comes with a great depth of field and a creamy bokeh. It focuses the subject extremely quickly (and in near silence) and produces extremely sharp and high-quality images. Its f/1.4 speed is suitable for street photography, while it is also perfect for available-light (studio light) shooting.
15. Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art:
- 50mm focal length
- 75mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
This expensive lens is a professional portrait Lens with a large 1.4 aperture and produces super sharp images. The Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art prime lens is a pro-level performer for shooting everything including portrait photography, landscape photography, studio photography and street photography. It is a full frame lens having a 50mm focal length and it can be used on Canon APS-C cameras which have 80mm equivalent focal length.
Best Macro Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel SL2
16. Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM:
- INCLUDES: Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Lens + Altura Photo Mini Tripod with Pistol Grip + Altura Photo Rapid Fire Wrist Strap + Altura Photo Hard-Shell Case + Altura Photo Accessory Kit + 3...
- HIGH PRECISION LENS: The Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM is a 56mm-equivalent prime lens designed for APS-C-format DSLRs. Offering a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification and a 5.1" minimum focusing...
- CANON brand accessories included: Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Lens + Lens Cap + Lens Dust Cap E (Rear) + ES-27 Lens Hood + Canon Limited 1-Year Warranty
This is Canon’s smallest, lightest and least expensive APS-C-format macro lens with the widest angle. It offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification and a 5.1″ minimum focusing distance, this Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM lens further distinguishes itself with an integrated Macro Lite LED on the front of the lens to provide additional illumination to close-up subjects.
17. Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM:
- 60mm macro lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for EOS digital SLR cameras
- 25-degree angle of view is equivalent to 96mm lens on 35mm camera
- Focal length : 60mm, Closest focusing distance : 0.65 feet
The Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro lens offers efficiency at an affordable price. This Canon lens produces 1:1 magnification for extremely detailed close-up images. With a 35mm focal length, it is equivalent to a focal length of 96mm resultantly, it is ideal for medium telephoto applications including portraiture. Its maximum aperture of f/2.8 is effective even in low light situations and offers an amazing shallow depth of field.
18. Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Macro:
- Moisture-Proof and Dust-Resistant Construction
- Durable Fluorine Coating on the front element repels water and fingerprints
- Advanced coating technology reduces flare and ghosting
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Macro is an incredible lens as it produces sharp photos, has a quick and quiet autofocus and shows minimal noticeable chromatic aberration (if at all), much less any distortion at typical apertures. It offers a life-size maximum magnification ratio of 1:1, this lens is best used when working with small and nearby subjects and employs a Floating System for maintained image quality throughout the 11.8″ to infinity focusing range.
19. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM:
- 100 mm focal length and 1:2.8 maximum aperture. The EF1.4X II/EF2X II extenders cannot be used with this lens. There are no compatible close-up lenses
- Lens construction consists of 15 elements in 12 groups
- 23.4-Degree diagonal angle of view
This outstanding macro lens comes with a built-in Hybrid Image Stabilization. From capturing details of flowers and insects or even wedding photography to underwater macro photography, the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM is the perfect lens for all of it. This versatile lens gives great results in portrait work and handheld movie-making, thanks to its ability to achieve a shallow depth of field along with a beautiful bokeh.
Best All-in-one Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel SL2
20. Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS:
- 18-200mm focal length, Closest Focusing Distance : 1.48 ft./0.45m (maximum close-up magnification 0.24x)
- 28.8-320mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras, 72mm filters
- F3.5-5.6 maximum aperture; F22-38 minimum
The Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS happens to be a popular all-in-one compact zoom lens for Canon APS-C DSLR cameras. Having an excellent high-speed performance, it provides coverage from a wide-angle perspective to a telephoto perspective. The Canon EF-S 18-200mm is an ideal general purpose and travel lens at a somewhat affordable price.
21. Sigma 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS:
- Maximum Aperture Range: f/3.5-6.3
- Focal Length : 18-300 mm, Minimum focusing distance -39cm/15.3 inch; Offers a maximum magnification ratio 1:2 and changeable angles of view enables zoom-macro photography
- One SLD and Four FLD Elements, Super Multi-Layer Coating
The Sigma 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS has the most suitable all-in-one zoom for APS-C cameras (which have an extremely versatile focal length equivalent of 28.8-480mm), as it has a 16.6x zoom ratio, it can cover all focal lengths from wide to telephoto. This lens delivers a very sharp autofocus which is surprisingly quick, quiet, and accurate. The Sigma 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 costs only $499(cheaper than other options) so, it is an excellent all-in-one lens option.