The Canon EOS 70D is one of the best DSLR cameras under $1000 and boasts a 20.2 megapixels sensor. It is an enthusiast DSLR and has some great features like a 19 points autofocus system and dual-pixel autofocus system for video.
The continuous shooting rate is of 7 frames per second and has Wi-Fi for easier connectivity. It is a decent DSLR with the easy one-handed operation and produces some very sharp images with accurate colors. A plethora of lenses could be attached to Canon 70D DSLR and the finest of them are as follows.
Best All-In-One Lenses for Canon EOS 70D
1. Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
- 18-200mm focal length, Closest Focusing Distance : 1.48 ft./0.45m (maximum close-up magnification 0.24x)
- 28.8-320mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras, 72mm filters
- F3.5-5.6 maximum aperture; F22-38 minimum
This lens manufactured by Canon exclusive all-in-one lightweight and a pretty compact lens. This all-purpose zoom Canon 70D lens offers coverage from a telephoto perspective to a wide angle. It also boasts an Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 4-stops of effective correction and that too at full zoom. Moreover, the circular aperture can provide a decent bokeh effect. All of that is at ultra-high speed and an economical price.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 70D
2. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art
- F1.8 maximum aperture
- F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 72mm filter size
The very first Canon 70D lens in its respective category to have a larger aperture of 1.8. It is perfect for taking close-ups, casual snapshots, landscapes and still life. There is a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) which make sure that the autofocusing is precise, fast and smooth. There is a 9 blade round diaphragm which creates a nice bokeh effect. Sigma 18-35mm Canon 70D lens is like a new benchmark in the world of photography and is quoted as a “must-have” by the critics.
3. Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
- 17-55mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon DSLR cameras
- AD and aspherical elements deliver impressive image quality through entire zoom range, Closest focusing distance : 1.15 feet
- Image Stabilizer lens groups shift to compensate for image shake even in dim lighting
This Canon 70D lens impresses everyone with incredible performance under low-light along with quiet and fast autofocus, excellent sharpness, decent background blur and minimal or no distortion. There is a large circular aperture which can produce a shallow depth of field resulting in excellent bokeh effect which creates special attention for the subject of the image or video. The Canon 70D lens is designed using UD and aspherical elements to provide fine quality throughout the entire zoom range. Moreover, the Image Stabilization compensates for camera shake–the due to which the image appears crisp and clear on the image plane, even in dim light.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 70D
4. Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II
- Ultra-wide angle zoom lens
- Internal silent focusing motor
- Fast internal focusing
The wide-angle zoom lens by Tokina offers the best image quality. This is the best wide angle lens for a crop sensor. Those who are looking for an ultra wide angle Canon 70D lens for their crop sensor (APS-C) camera, this is the lens they are looking for.
5. Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
- EF S ultra wide zoom lens. Drive System Lead screw and rack system driven by stepping motor
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 10 18 millimeter,1:4.5 5.6
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.72 feet. / 0.22 meter
The great optical performance with cutting-edge sharpness in a compact and lightweight design. This Canon 70D lens is pretty economical and is a great choice for APS-C sensors. It offers reliable and quiet wide-angle performance and is a perfect companion for travel and routine photography.
6. Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
- 10-22mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/3.5-4.5 maximum aperture for EOS digital SLR cameras
- Superior AF performance and speed, with full-time manual focus with the turn of a ring
- Close focusing to 9.5 inches; fills the frame with subjects as small as 3.6 x 5.4 inches
Another decent choice as it can take some great photos thanks to the excellent optical quality and superior AF performance. It can take some of the finest and pretty sharp wide-angle photos and is a “must-have” lens for the enthusiasts and professionals.
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 70D
7. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM
- Impressive focal range.Diagonal Angle of View 34° - 8° 15'
- Travel friendly size, packs small and stays small with a manual lock switch on side of barrel. Note: lens can only be locked at 70mm range as it is for travel only. Focal Length & Maximum Aperture:...
- Focus Adjustment Type - lens extension via inner focusing focus cam, plus floating mechanism.Closest Focusing Distance: 1.2m/ 3.9ft
This is the best zoom lens for the Canon EOS 70D thanks to some outstanding performance, durable design and Image Stabilization. The two-mode optical Image Stabilization System enhances usability by approximately four steps. This Canon 70D lens is ideal to use for shooting landscapes, portraits, and nature.
8. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
- 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture for Canon EOS SLR cameras
- 3-stop Image Stabilizer for reducing camera shake; ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM), Macro Focus Range : 1.50 m
- Electro-magnetic diaphragm (EMD) helps create attractive background at large apertures
This is an economical option for great performance. The Canon 70D lens has an Ultra Sonic Motor due to which the autofocus is pretty fast, smooth and quiet. There is also a zoom lock button which keeps the lens secure when not in used or when it is being used at shortest 70mm focal length setting. This Canon 70D lens also boasts Canon’s exclusive “Super Spectra” lens coatings for perfect flare-resistance, making this lens an ideal choice for sports, travel and general photographic applications. Moreover, the Image Stabilization of this lens is capable of “shake” correction, and the “Mode 2″ option stabilizes images while panning with a moving subject.
9. Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 55-250mm 1:4-5.6
- Closest focusing distance: 0.85m/2.8 ft.
- Lens construction: 15 elements in 12 groups
This is yet another great Canon 70D lens with an economical price. It is ideal for video making and features Canon’s exclusive STM Stepper Motor technology which allows you to have a quieter and smoother focus system during video recording. The STM is paired with a newly designed CPU and a rear focus mechanism with an improved AF algorithm. This lens is perfect for those photographers who want some versatility in their collection. It is pretty lightweight and compact with Optical Image Stabilizer for up to 3.5* equivalent stops of shake correction. It extends the camera’s reach significantly, capturing sharp images of faraway objects, even when handheld.
Best Macro Lenses for Canon EOS 70D
10. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
- 100 mm focal length and 1:2.8 maximum aperture. The EF1.4X II/EF2X II extenders cannot be used with this lens. There are no compatible close-up lenses
- Lens construction consists of 15 elements in 12 groups
- 23.4-Degree diagonal angle of view
This is a perfect Canon 70D lens for doing macro photography with the 70D. Whether you are capturing insects, flowers, wedding or some other kind of macro photography, this lens is an ideal choice. It boasts a Hybrid Image Stabilization Technology which can compensate for both angular and shift camera shake during close-up shooting. It can also perform very well in low-light conditions and overall, it is an excellent lens.
Best Prime (Portrait) Lenses for Canon EOS 70D
11. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
This Canon 70D lens is a brilliant walk-around lens with an economical price. This lens is a great choice in the field of prime lenses thanks to the 80mm effective focal length on APS-C cameras and 50mm on full-frame cameras. It has a bright maximum aperture of f/1.8 which allows it to perform in low-light. The Canon 70D lens is ideal for portraits, action and other kinds of low-light photography. It creates a marvelous bokeh effect courtesy of a circular 7-blade design.
12. Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- 40mm focal length, Lens not zoom able, 64mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- Minimum focus distance : 0.30m/11.81 inch, F2.8 maximum aperture; F22 minimum
- Stepper-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
This lens is the most favorite lens of critics and experts. It received an 84% overall score and Gold Award at the famous DPReview website. It is extremely lightweight weighing at just 4.6 oz and is capable of producing some excellent images with little or no distortion at all. There is Canon’s exclusive STM (Stepper Motor technology) built into the lens for quieter and smoother continuous autofocus while recording videos.
13. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Standard focal length 50mm lens is effective in a multitude of shooting situations and ideal for day-to-day shooting
- Elements/Groups: 7/6; Diaphragm: Blades 8; Filter Thread: Font 58mm
- An f/1.4 maximum aperture provides clear imaging in low light situations and shallow depth of field
This Canon 70D lens is one of the best portrait lens available for our professionals. It could also come handy when doing some regular street photography. It can focus in no time without making any noise and produces some excellent images. The f/1.4 speed is ideal for low-light shooting and it has a great depth of field producing an outstanding bokeh effect.
14. Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 50mm focal length
- 75mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
This Sigma Canon 70D lens has a large f/1.4 aperture and is a lens for the professionals who want to test their limits. It is ideal for portraits, landscape, street, and general studio photography. It gives an 80mm effective focal length on APS-C cameras and 50mm on full-frame cameras. It is super sharp and is an excellent choice.
Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 70D
15. Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting. Weight is 2.1 pounds
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
This Canon 70D lens is the only 20mm prime lens in the world that has achieved the large aperture of f/1.4. It is a state of the art wide-angle prime lens specially designed for full frame cameras but is also capable of working with APS-C sensors. It has excellent performance and is perfect for astrophotography, landscape photography and other kind of low-light photography.
Best Telephoto Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 70D
16. Canon EF 100mm f/2 USM
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 100mm 1:2
- Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 24 Degree
A super-fast and compact telephoto prime lens for your Canon EOS 70D. Manufactured by Canon, this lens is super-sharp (even wide-open) and boasts a fast Ultra Sonic Motor for autofocusing with full-time manual focusing. This lens is ideal for portraits and low-light photography.
17. Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture:300mm 1:4.0
- Super multi-layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Compact L-series telephoto lens with an Image Stabilizer which compensates for camera shake with the equivalent effect of a shutter speed two stops faster
The high-quality lens in a compact size boasting an Image Stabilizer that compensates for camera shake, allowing shutter speeds two stops slower than normal to be used without blur. The Image Stabilization can be turned off in one direction to ensure panning.