Greatest Lenses for Canon EOS M100 Mirrorless Digital cameras. Looking for recommended lenses for Canon EOS M100 mirrorless cameras? Listed below are the top suggested Canon EOS M100 lenses.
Canon is currently spending so much time on the Canon EOS M100 mirrorless camera plus they are likely to announce some advanced complete full-frame mirrorless digital cameras and more Canon M100 lenses, later on, to contend with Sony and Fuji. Hope 1 day Canon can meet up with them and announce some camera like Sony Alpha a7R IV.
The recently announced Canon EOS M200 is actually significantly size-reduced interchangeable zoom lens mirrorless cameras featuring 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor, DIGIC 7 Picture Processor chip, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Up to 9 fps Shooting and ISO 25600, Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps, Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC, Bluetooth and more…Although there aren’t way too many Canon M100 lenses open to choose, these Canon EF-M lenses are very great and work excellently with the Canon EOS M-series cameras.
Check Out: Canon EOS M100 Review
Best Wide-Angle Zoom Lens for Canon EOS M100
1. Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 11–22mm f/4–5.6
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 9 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 102°10'–63°30'
- Focus Adjustment: AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.49 ft./0.15m.Circular aperture (7 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds..Maximum magnification of 0.30x at the telephoto end
- Filter Size: 2.2 in./55mm diameter
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: Approx. 2.4 x 2.3 in., approx. 7.8 oz. / 60.9 x 58.2mm, approx. 220g
The Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 18-35mm and offers continuous AF with a built-in STM stepping AF motor for smooth, near-silent output, which is particularly useful for video capture. When recording film, an Optical Image Stabilizer compensates for up to three stops of camera shaking, while Dynamic Image Stabilization corrects for a full range of motion.
Two UD lens components help to eliminate chromatic aberrations and mitigate color blurring around the edges of the subject, whereas a 7-blade diaphragm makes for pleasing out-of-focus areas. Furthermore, two aspherical lenses are paired to eliminate spherical aberration across the entire camera region and across the zoom range. Lens coatings with Super Spectra help maintain correct color balance and high contrast while reducing ghosting.
Best Macro Lens for Canon EOS M100
2. Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM
- Light macro lens featuring Image Stabilization for EOS M series digital cameras.
- Built-in Macro Lite which, when enabled, automatically supplies light to your photos as needed, helping to provide a better sense of depth and dimension.
- Autofocus lens capable of focusing at infinity in normal shooting and macro shooting with up to 1.2x magnification.
- Hybrid IS helps reduce camera shake for enjoyable handheld photography.
- Stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth and quiet operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting videos.
The Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM is a 44.8mm-equivalent lightweight prime designed for macro imaging and designed for APS-C-format EF-M-mount mirrorless cameras. This elegant lens is characterized by its incorporated Macro Lite LED, which gives extra lighting to close-up objects. It has a 1.2x maximum magnification and a 3.7″ minimum focusing distance. The optical architecture integrates one UD element and two aspherical elements to minimize chromatic and spherical aberrations and have a high degree of sharpness and transparency, enabling it to replicate small subjects at a larger than life-size.
Best Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon EOS M100
3. Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 55–200mm f/4.5–6.3
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 11 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 27°50'–7°50'
- Focus Adjustment: AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance: 3.28 ft./1.0m
- Filter Size: 2.0 in./52mm diameter
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 2.4 x 3.4 in., approx. 9.2 oz. / 60.9 x 86.5mm, approx. 260g
The EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens from Canon is an 88-320mm comparable zoom equipped for APS-C-format EOS M-series mirrorless cameras which provides a flexible range of telephoto perspectives. To monitor chromatic aberrations and distortions in the long-reaching zoom range, the optical architecture combines one aspherical element and one Ultra Low Dispersion (UD) element.
All-in-One Zoom Lens for Canon EOS M100
4. Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC
- Product Type :Camera Lenses
- Package Dimensions :15.24 Cm L 10.668 Cm W 11.684 Cm H
- Country Of Origin :Japan
- Package Weight :1.0Lbs
The Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC Lens is an EF-M mount lens with a black finish. It has a 35mm equivalent focal length of 29-320mm, allowing it to cover a wide variety of subjects from wide-angle to telephoto. Internal focus is used, as well as built-in Vibration Compensation image stabilisation, which prevents camera shake. When shooting at slower shutter speeds or with longer zoom ranges, the VC comes in handy. Autofocus is fast and precise thanks to the stepping-motor AF drive.
Best Travel Lenses (Standard Zoom Lenses) for Canon EOS M100
5. Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
- Standard zoom lens for Canon EOS M digital camera with image stabilization for up to four eqiuvalent stops of shake correctoin
- Supports continuous AF during video shooting
- Circular aperture (7 blades) for soft backgrounds
- Maximum magnification of 0.25x at the telephoto end
- Minimum focusing distance: 9.8 in./0.25m (full zoom range)
Three aspheric lens components in the EF-M 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6 IS STM help minimise aberration in the zoom range, resulting in high resolution and high contrast for excellent image clarity. Ghosting and glare are reduced thanks to lens positioning and coatings that are optimised. This lens also uses a stepping motor to assist the EOS M Digital Camera’s Movie Servo AF feature for smooth and quiet continuous autofocus while video shooting; it also has Dynamic IS for image stabilisation when capturing video while walking (in movie shooting mode).
6. Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM
- Compact and stylish standard zoom lens with image stabilization for EOS M series digital cameras
- A stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth and quiet operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting videos
- High-speed, high-precision autofocusing is achieved by utilizing the full-time manual focus mode (AF+MF) to make fine adjustments after focusing
- Optical Image Stabilizer technology helps reduce camera shake, and achieves a level of sharpness equivalent to a shutter speed 3.5 settings faster for great performance even when using handheld photography
- Efficiently designed with three aspheric lenses (one GMo and two PMo) and uses short back focus to help produce high image quality results
- Lens retraction mechanism helps shorten the length of the lens and a compact, lightweight design allows easy portability
The EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens from Canon is a regular zoom that spans wide-angle to short telephoto viewpoints and has a 24-72mm comparable focal length range when used with APS-C-format EOS M-series mirrorless cameras. To monitor chromatic aberrations and distortions in the zoom range, the optical design combines three aspherical elements, one of which is glass-molded and the other two precision molded. When photographing in challenging lighting conditions, the lens placement has been improved, and coatings have been added to minimize flare and ghosting for greater contrast and visibility.
Best Wide-Angle Prime Lenses for Canon EOS M100
7. Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 22mm f/2
- Lens Construction: 7 elements in 6 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 63°30'
- Focus Adjustment: AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.49 ft./0.15m
- Filter Size: 1.7 in./43mm diameter
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 2.4 x 0.9 in., approx. 3.7 oz. / 60.9 x 23.7mm, approx. 105g
The Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Lens is a mild wide-angle lens designed specifically for Canon’s EOS M Digital Camera. It has a seven-blade circular aperture and smooth and continuous AF with a built-in stepping motor. The lens is thin and light enough to take with you everywhere you go. It also has a 5.9″ (15 cm) minimum focusing distance and a bright f/2 aperture for excellent low-light efficiency.
8. Rokinon 12mm f/2.0 NCS CS
- Specifically for use with APS-C sized image sensors
- Maximum Diameter: 2.85 inches (72.5mm).Lens for Canon EF-M Mount Compact System Cameras
- Prime wide-angle lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 18mm
- Fast f/20 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions. The higher and straighter the blue lines, the better the contrast
- Three extra-low dispersion elements and two aspherical elements reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions
- Lens not Zoomable
The Rokinon 12mm f/2.0 NCS CS Lens is a prime wide-angle lens with a Canon EF-M mount that is designed exclusively for use with APS-C sized image sensors. This lens is well-suited for architectural, indoor, and landscape pictures, with a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 19.2mm and a wide 98.9° angle of view. Working in low-light conditions is made easier by the camera’s quick f/2.0 maximum aperture.
9. Rokinon 10mm f/2.8 ED AS NCS CS
- Nano Crystal Coating System (NCS) for increased light transmission and reduced internal reflections
- Fast F2.8 maximum Aperture + close-focusing to 9.5 inches = maximum versatility in all shooting conditions
- Optimized for excellent optical quality and true ultra-wide 110 degree edge to edge coverage with APS-C sensor digital cameras
- Utilizes 3 high precision (2 Aspherical + 1 ED) lens elements for superior image quality
- Inner focusing system (IF) - length doesn't change and front element does not rotate - keeps integrated petal-type lens hood properly oriented
The Rokinon 10mm f/2.8 ED AS NCS CS Lens for Canon EF mount is a prime, manual focus wide-angle lens designed especially for APS-C image sensors. This lens is suitable for indoor, architectural, and landscape photography since it has a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 16mm and a wide 105.9° angle of view. To reduce chromatic aberrations and distortion and achieve clearer images, the optical architecture includes one extra-low dispersion element and two aspherical components. In addition, the lens components have been coated with a Nano Coating System (NCS) to eliminate surface reflections and avoid lens glare and ghosting, resulting in increased light propagation and more contrast-rich imagery.
Best Telephoto Prime Lens for Canon EOS M100
10. Rokinon Reflex 300mm f/6.3 ED UMC CS
- 300mm Mirror Lens with F6.3 Aperture
- Constructed of 9 elements in 9 groups
- Designed for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras
- Minimum focusing distance 2.95 feet; angle of view 5.4 degrees on Canon M, Fuji X and Sony NEX, 4.2 degrees for MFT
The Rokinon Reflex 300mm f/6.3 ED UMC CS Lens is a mirror lens made especially for mirrorless cameras with the Canon EF-M mount. The Cassegrain design of the lens allows it to obtain a 480mm 35mm-equivalent focal length viewpoint in a lens that is slightly narrower than a typical 300mm lens. It has a fixed f/6.3 aperture and manual focus action that allows it to focus as near as 2.95′.
Best Fisheye Lens for Canon EOS M100
11. Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC Fisheye II
- Ultra Wide 12mm Fixed Focal Length; Includes removable lens hood, lens caps, lens pouch and 1 year Rokinon warranty
- Aperture range f2.0-22. Diaphragm blades: 6
- Constructed of 12 elements in 10 groups (2 aspherical lenses)
- Minimum focusing distance of only 8 inches
- Built for Mirror less cameras; takes a 67mm filter size
- Fits only Canon EF- M( Mirrorless ) cameras
- Fixed 8mm focal Length; Fisheye lens with Aperture range of f2.8-22
- New and improved optics and construction
Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC for Canon EF-M mount The Fisheye II is a prime fisheye lens developed especially for APS-C image sensors. This lens is well-suited for artistic uses as well as interior and architectural subjects, with a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 12.8mm and a perfect 180° angle of view. Working in low-light conditions is made simpler by the camera’s quick f/2.8 maximum aperture.