Canon is today working hard on the Canon EOS M6 mirrorless camera and they are planning to announce some advanced full body mirrorless digital cameras and more Canon EF-M lenses in the future, to compete with Sony and Fuji. Hope one day Canon can catch up with them and announce some camera like Sony a7S II.
The newly announced Canon EOS M6 & M6 Mark II are really dramatically size-reduced interchangeable lens mirrorless cameras featuring 24.2ML APS-C CMOS Sensor, DIGIC 7 Image Processor, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Up to 9 fps Firing and ISO 25600, Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps, Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC, Bluetooth and more. Although there are not too many Canon EOS M6 lens available to choose, these Canon EOS M6 lenses are quite good and work excellently with the Canon EOS M-series cameras.
Best Lenses for Canon EOS M6 Mirrorless Cameras. Looking for recommended lenses for Canon EOS M6 mirrorless cameras? Here are the top suggested Canon M6 lenses.
Best Lenses for Canon M6 in 2021
Best Wide-Angle Zoom Canon EOS M6 Lens
1. Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 11–22mm f/4–5.6
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 9 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 102°10'–63°30'
- Focus Adjustment: AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.49 ft./0.15m.Circular aperture (7 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds..Maximum magnification of 0.30x at the telephoto end
- Filter Size: 2.2 in./55mm diameter
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: Approx. 2.4 x 2.3 in., approx. 7.8 oz. / 60.9 x 58.2mm, approx. 220g
The latest EF-M 11–22 f/4–5.6 IS STM (35mm equivalent of 18–35mm) is a fantastic compliment to an EOS M series digital camera because it is compact, portable, fast, and inexpensive. It’s a great option for group portraits in small spaces, searching for the right landscape, or as an all-around walk-around Canon EOS M6 lens because of its wide angle of view. Built-in Image Stabilization improves efficiency even in low-light conditions, and thanks to the lens’s Dynamic IS, it’s particularly useful when shooting HD movies. High-resolution, sharp images and movies are made possible by Canon’s specialized optics.
Best Macro Lens for Canon EOS M6
2. Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM
- Light macro lens featuring Image Stabilization for EOS M series digital cameras.
- Built-in Macro Lite which, when enabled, automatically supplies light to your photos as needed, helping to provide a better sense of depth and dimension.
- Autofocus lens capable of focusing at infinity in normal shooting and macro shooting with up to 1.2x magnification.
- Hybrid IS helps reduce camera shake for enjoyable handheld photography.
- Stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth and quiet operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting videos.
The world’s lightest autofocus lens and the world’s first macro lens with Image Stabilization and a built-in Macro Lite, the EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM (35mm equivalent of 44.8mm) for EOS M series cameras, is intended to allow new and more experienced users close in to catch these amazing details. This elegant Canon EOS M6 lens is characterized by its incorporated Macro Lite LED, which provides extra lighting to close-up objects. It has a 1.2x maximum magnification and a 3.7′′ minimum focusing distance. The Hybrid IS image stabilization helps keep the image sharp by reducing distortion caused by camera shake when you’re focused so tight.
Best Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon EOS M6
3. Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 55–200mm f/4.5–6.3
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 11 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 27°50'–7°50'
- Focus Adjustment: AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance: 3.28 ft./1.0m
- Filter Size: 2.0 in./52mm diameter
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 2.4 x 3.4 in., approx. 9.2 oz. / 60.9 x 86.5mm, approx. 260g
The Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM (35mm equivalent of 88-320mm) is an outstanding option for filming architecture, portraits, and more with your EOS M series camera. With an innovative 5-group optical device engineered to offer superior image quality in a compact design, it adds outstanding telephoto capabilities. The EF-M 55–200mm f/4.5–6.3 IS STM has impressive Image Stabilization technology to help capture still and motion photography handheld, as well as a quick STM focusing device for easy, smooth, and quiet activity, whether photographing a bird in flight or recording a performance in a dimly lit auditorium. Manual focus, which is accessible through the lens’s AF+MF mode, allows you to make fine adjustments on the fly. The EF-M 55–200mm f/4.5–6.3 IS STM is an excellent Canon M6 lens to add to an EOS M series camera because it delivers stellar image quality in a lightweight, small, and easy-to-use box. Wildlife, bird imagery, landscapes, weddings, and outdoor photography are all possible with this lens.
All-in-One Zoom Lens for Canon EOS M6
4. Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC
- Product Type :Camera Lenses
- Package Dimensions :15.24 Cm L 10.668 Cm W 11.684 Cm H
- Country Of Origin :Japan
- Package Weight :1.0Lbs
This small and lightweight Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC (35mm equivalent of 29-320mm) all-in-one zoom lens is equipped with Tamron’s renowned VC, allowing quick handheld shooting of crisp photographs with no camera shake in a variety of environments, from daily selfies to unforgettable travel scenes. Autofocus is fast and precise thanks to the stepping-motor AF drive. The stepping-motor AF drive provides fast and reliable autofocus, which is suitable for recording voices in film. This is an excellent Canon M6 lens!
Best Travel Lenses (Standard Zoom Lenses) for Canon EOS M6
5. Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
- Standard zoom lens for Canon EOS M digital camera with image stabilization for up to four eqiuvalent stops of shake correctoin
- Supports continuous AF during video shooting
- Circular aperture (7 blades) for soft backgrounds
- Maximum magnification of 0.25x at the telephoto end
- Minimum focusing distance: 9.8 in./0.25m (full zoom range)
This lens is suitable for daily use. For simple portability, the Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM (35mm equivalent of 28-90mm) has a compact and lightweight build. Its image stabilization technology corrects for up to four equal stops of shake, resulting in breathtaking footage and images that are free of blur. For expressive video and images, a seven-blade circular aperture helps produce stunning, soft backgrounds! It also has three aspheric Canon EOS M6 lens components that help to minimize aberration in the zoom range, resulting in high resolution and high contrast for exceptional image quality.
6. Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM
- Compact and stylish standard zoom lens with image stabilization for EOS M series digital cameras
- A stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth and quiet operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting videos
- High-speed, high-precision autofocusing is achieved by utilizing the full-time manual focus mode (AF+MF) to make fine adjustments after focusing
- Optical Image Stabilizer technology helps reduce camera shake, and achieves a level of sharpness equivalent to a shutter speed 3.5 settings faster for great performance even when using handheld photography
- Efficiently designed with three aspheric lenses (one GMo and two PMo) and uses short back focus to help produce high image quality results
- Lens retraction mechanism helps shorten the length of the lens and a compact, lightweight design allows easy portability
The Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM (35mm equivalent of 24-72mm) is a lightweight and fashionable lens that blends a shallow angle for landscapes and large group images with a telephoto zoom for close-ups and accurate headshots. Both in low light and when taking panoramas, the integrated image stabilization (up to 3.5 stops faster) can help capture sharp images. The EF-M 15–45mm f/3.5–6.3 IS STM, like other EF-M Canon M6 lenses, has an AF+MF focusing mode, which blends quick and precise autofocus with the creative possibilities of manual focus.
Best Wide-Angle Prime Lenses for Canon EOS M6
7. Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 22mm f/2
- Lens Construction: 7 elements in 6 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 63°30'
- Focus Adjustment: AF with full-time manual
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.49 ft./0.15m
- Filter Size: 1.7 in./43mm diameter
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 2.4 x 0.9 in., approx. 3.7 oz. / 60.9 x 23.7mm, approx. 105g
The Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM (35mm version of 35mm) is an ultra-slim and lightweight mild Canon M6 wide-angle lens that’s thin and light enough to take anywhere. Its vivid f/2.0 lens aperture combines with the big sensor to provide excellent low-light output as well as stunning portrait background blur. High resolution and contrast are provided by an aspheric lens feature. When capturing footage, the EF-M 22mm f/2 STM has a built-in stepping motor that provides quick and quiet continuous autofocus.
8. Rokinon 12mm f/2.0 NCS CS
- Specifically for use with APS-C sized image sensors
- Maximum Diameter: 2.85 inches (72.5mm).Lens for Canon EF-M Mount Compact System Cameras
- Prime wide-angle lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 18mm
- Fast f/20 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions. The higher and straighter the blue lines, the better the contrast
- Three extra-low dispersion elements and two aspherical elements reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions
- Lens not Zoomable
This Rokinon 12mm f/2.0 NCS CS lens has a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 19.2mm and a wide 98.9° angle of view, making it ideal for architectural, indoor, and landscape photography. It can monitor shallow depth of field for accurate subject focus with appealing out-of-focus surroundings and has an f/2.0 maximum aperture for low-light capture.
9. Rokinon 10mm f/2.8 ED AS NCS CS
- Nano Crystal Coating System (NCS) for increased light transmission and reduced internal reflections
- Fast F2.8 maximum Aperture + close-focusing to 9.5 inches = maximum versatility in all shooting conditions
- Optimized for excellent optical quality and true ultra-wide 110 degree edge to edge coverage with APS-C sensor digital cameras
- Utilizes 3 high precision (2 Aspherical + 1 ED) lens elements for superior image quality
- Inner focusing system (IF) - length doesn't change and front element does not rotate - keeps integrated petal-type lens hood properly oriented
Best Telephoto Prime Lens for Canon EOS M6
10. Rokinon Reflex 300mm f/6.3 ED UMC CS
- 300mm Mirror Lens with F6.3 Aperture
- Constructed of 9 elements in 9 groups
- Designed for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras
- Minimum focusing distance 2.95 feet; angle of view 5.4 degrees on Canon M, Fuji X and Sony NEX, 4.2 degrees for MFT
The Rokinon Reflex 300mm f/6.3 ED UMC CS Lens (35mm equivalent of 480mm) is a mirror lens designed primarily for use on mirrorless cameras with the Canon EF-M mount: Clear optics, which employ both refractions and reflections, offer an exceptionally sharp image with minimal color aberration to the consumer. The quick F6.3 aperture on this Rokion mirror lens allows for much brighter images. This Canon M6 lens is powerful and heavy, making it perfect for sports, nature, and wildlife photography.
Best Fisheye Lens for Canon EOS M6
11. Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC Fisheye II
- Ultra Wide 12mm Fixed Focal Length; Includes removable lens hood, lens caps, lens pouch and 1 year Rokinon warranty
- Aperture range f2.0-22. Diaphragm blades: 6
- Constructed of 12 elements in 10 groups (2 aspherical lenses)
- Minimum focusing distance of only 8 inches
- Built for Mirror less cameras; takes a 67mm filter size
- Fits only Canon EF- M( Mirrorless ) cameras
- Fixed 8mm focal Length; Fisheye lens with Aperture range of f2.8-22
- New and improved optics and construction
The Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 UMC Fisheye II Lens for Canon EF-M mount is a prime fisheye lens designed for APS-C image sensors. This lens is well-suited for artistic uses as well as interior and architectural subjects, with a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 12.8mm and a perfect 180° angle of view. Working in low-light conditions is made easier by the camera’s quick f/2.8 maximum aperture.