Here are the best lenses for the Canon EOS Rebel SL3 DSLR camera? Check out our top recommended lenses for Canon EOS Rebel SL3 / EOS 250D camera.
The Canon EOS Rebel SL3, also known as EOS 250D in Europe and EOS Kiss X10 in Japan, is the smallest and lightest Canon DSLR camera within the current EOS lineup.
It features a 24.1MP APS-C-format CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, 3.0-inch vari-angle LCD touchscreen, and 4K video camera. No problem if you are new to DSLRs, the Canon EOS Rebel SL3 can be the perfect companion.
To get the best out of your camera, search for the most suitable lenses for Canon EOS Rebel SL3 DSLR, including leading prime and zoom options from wide-angle to telephoto, which helps you choose the exact lens of your demanding situation.
Best All-in-one Lenses for Canon Rebel SL3
1. Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
- 18-200mm focal length, Closest Focusing Distance : 1.48 ft./0.45m (maximum close-up magnification 0.24x)
- 28.8-320mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras, 72mm filters
- F3.5-5.6 maximum aperture; F22-38 minimum
Highly recommended! The Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS is a very popular all-in-one compact and lightweight zoom lens for Canon APS-C DSLR cameras that offer excellent high-speed performance at an affordable price. Providing coverage from a wide-angle to a telephoto perspective, the Canon EF-S 18-200mm IS is an ideal general-purpose and travel lens. It features an Optical Image Stabilizer for up to 4-stops of effective correction even at full zoom.
2. Sigma 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS
- Maximum Aperture Range: f/3.5-6.3
- Focal Length : 18-300 mm, Minimum focusing distance -39cm/15.3 inch; Offers a maximum magnification ratio 1:2 and changeable angles of view enables zoom-macro photography
- One SLD and Four FLD Elements, Super Multi-Layer Coating
With a 16.6x zoom ratio covering focal lengths from wide to telephoto, the Sigma 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM Contemporary lens is an excellent all-in-one zoom for APS-C cameras (with an extremely versatile focal length equivalent of 28.8-480mm). An enhanced optical stabilizer (OS) compensates for camera shake, while an optimized hypersonic motor (HSM) ensures quiet and fast autofocus.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon Rebel SL3
3. Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM
- EF S ultra wide zoom lens. Drive System Lead screw and rack system driven by stepping motor
- Focal Length and Maximum Aperture: 10 18 millimeter,1:4.5 5.6
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.72 feet. / 0.22 meter
Our top recommended wide-angle lens at an affordable price! The Canon EF-S 10–18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM lens combines optical excellence with cutting-edge performance, providing an ultra-wide angle of view in a compact, portable package, perfect for EOS cameras with an APS-C sensor. It has a 4 group optical zoom system and includes a large-diameter element, an aspherical lens element, a UD lens element and enhanced lens coatings for high-contrast, high-resolution images with minimal glare and aberration. This Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM lens can deliver reliable, speedy and quiet wide-angle performance, making it an ideal lens for everyday photography, travel, stills, and video recording.
4. Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX II
- Ultra-wide angle zoom lens
- Internal silent focusing motor
- Fast internal focusing
Highly recommended! Ultra-wide zoom with top image quality, awesome build quality, and fast AF! This Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 Pro II compact ultra-wide-angle zoom has a bright constant F2.8 aperture make viewing and auto focus possible in lower light situations but still maintaining a reasonable size and weight. Its angle of view ranges from 104-84° and it can focus as close as 11.8″. The best ultra-wide-angle lens with a fast f/2.8 aperture. If you’re looking for an ultra-wide-angle lens for your crop sensor (APS-C) camera, go get this lens right now!
5. Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
- 10-22mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/3.5-4.5 maximum aperture for EOS digital SLR cameras
- Superior AF performance and speed, with full-time manual focus with the turn of a ring
- Close focusing to 9.5 inches; fills the frame with subjects as small as 3.6 x 5.4 inches
The Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens (16-35.2mm equivalent) is a pro-level wide-angle zoom lens that can offer excellent optical quality, really sharp images, superior AF performance, and speed. Excluding fisheye lenses, the Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens has the shortest minimum focal length ever offered for interchangeable-lens digital SLRs with APS-C image sensors. It is a reliable lens for getting premium performance with your Canon EOS Rebel SL3.
Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon EOS Rebel SL3
6. Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC
- Ultra-wide angle of view on both full frame and APS-C cameras
- Minimum focusing distance of only 0. 9 ft. Focal Length -14 mm
- Excellent construction and superior build quality for razor sharp images
The Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC Lens is the highest quality 14mm Ultra-Wide Angle lens with very affordable prices on the market, which is well-suited for subjects ranging from landscape to architecture to astrophotography. It has an ultimate angle of view ranges from 90 to 94 degrees on APS-C sized sensors to give focused, sharp and high-quality photos. This manual focus prime has an 11″ minimum focusing distance which gives a bright look to your selfies and close-up clicks and also features a built-in petal-shaped lens hood to guard against flare and protect the front element. With excellent construction and superior build quality, stunning performance and sharp images, this Samyang 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC lens is an exceptional lens for Canon EOS Rebel SL3 users and most suggested for those who love manual focusing.
7. Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting. Weight is 2.1 pounds
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
Pro option! With a focal length of 20mm and F1.4 aperture, the Sigma 20mm f/1.4 Art lens (32mm equivalent) delivers outstanding large-aperture brightness and bokeh and is an ideal high-speed lens for snapshots. With class-leading performance, this lens is ideal for landscape photography, videography, astrophotography, lowlight or indoor photography and event photography.
8. Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 20mm 1:2.8
- Lens construction: 11 elements in 9 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 94 Degree
9. Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM
- Wide angle lens for Canon APS C cameras (equivalent to 38 millimeter on a full frame camera)
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 24 millimeter 1:2.8, maximum magnification of x0.27
- Slimmest and lightest lens of the EF S series
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon Rebel SL3
10. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art
- F1.8 maximum aperture
- F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 72mm filter size
Highly Recommended! The Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 DC HSM is a new benchmark in photographic history and a must-have for every camera bag if you can afford it. It is specifically designed for use with APS-C-sized sensors and provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28.8-56mm. The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art is the first wide-angle to standard zoom lens to achieve a large aperture of 1.8, which is ideal for landscapes, portraits, still, life, snapshots, casual, and close-ups. And it gets 86% overall score and Gold Award from the experts at DPReview. Ideal for all types of photography and video recordings with Canon EOS Rebel SL3.
11. Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM
- Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Lens - Lens Hood(LH-825-03) - Front & Rear Lens Caps - Sigma 1 Year North and South America Limited Warranty (3 Year USA Extended Warranty for a Total of 4 Years...
- Brand: Sigma
- MPN: 884101
Great performance at an affordable price! This Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM lens has a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27.2-112mm, providing wide-angle to portrait-length angles of view for use in everyday shooting situations. A built-in Optical Stabilizer also helps in low-light situations by providing a four-stop reduction in the appearance of camera shake, which is ideally suited for macro and telephoto shooting as well. Great for treasured snapshots of travel or family occasions, it also handles shots that are a little bit more creative. This is an ideal zoom lens for Canon EOS Rebel SL3.
12. Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
- 17-55mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon DSLR cameras
- AD and aspherical elements deliver impressive image quality through entire zoom range, Closest focusing distance : 1.15 feet
- Image Stabilizer lens groups shift to compensate for image shake even in dim lighting
Offering impressive low light performance, fast and quiet AF action, great bokeh, excellent sharpness, and minimal distortion, the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens is a professional level zoom lens and an excellent event shooting zoom lens. This is an exemplary lens and most recommended by professionals to use it with Canon EOS Rebel SL3.
Best Portrait and Travel Lenses for Canon Rebel SL3
13. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
Best Budget/Affordable Portrait Lens! With an 80mm effective focal length on APS-C cameras, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens is an excellent prime lens for portraits, action, even nighttime photography. In addition, the compact and lightweight Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens is an outstanding walk-around lens at affordable prices.
14. Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
- 15-85mm lens with f3.5-f.5.6 aperture; for use with APS-C cameras
- 35mm equivalent to 24-136mm focal length range
- Dedicated image stabilization
An ideal lens for walk-around, travel and everyday photography! Combining an extensive zoom range (24-136mm equivalent) featuring wide-angle and telephoto plus a 4-stop Image Stabilizer, the Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM delivers outstanding flexibility and remarkable image quality. Additionally, a ring-type Ultrasonic Motor is featured, too, which affords quick, quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. It is an awesome lens for both wide-angle and close-up shooting with Canon EOS Rebel SL3.
15. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Standard focal length 50mm lens is effective in a multitude of shooting situations and ideal for day-to-day shooting
- Elements/Groups: 7/6; Diaphragm: Blades 8; Filter Thread: Font 58mm
- An f/1.4 maximum aperture provides clear imaging in low light situations and shallow depth of field
Highly recommended! Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM is very popular and it is one of the best portrait lenses for professional photographers as well as also suitable for street photography. The lens’s f/1.4 speed, meanwhile, is perfect for available-light shooting. And Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM comes with great depth of field with excellent creamy bokeh.
16. Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 50mm focal length
- 75mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
Professional Portrait Lens! With a large 1.4 aperture, the Sigma 50mm 1.4 prime lens (80mm equivalent) is a pro-level performer for shooting everything including portrait photography, landscape photography, studio photography and street photography. In addition, it includes Super Multi-Layer Coating to reduce flare and ghosting, and to ensure the highest-quality images. It is the best choice for producing clear, focused and super-sharp images with Canon EOS Rebel SL3.
17. Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
- 40mm focal length, Lens not zoom able, 64mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- Minimum focus distance : 0.30m/11.81 inch, F2.8 maximum aperture; F22 minimum
- Stepper-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
Best Macro Lenses for Canon Rebel SL3
18. Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM
- EF-S series macro Lens with built-in macro Lite
- Bright f/2.8 aperture and 35mm standard angle of view
- Hybrid image stabilization
Canon’s widest angle, smallest, lightest and least expensive APS-C-format macro lens. Offering a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification and a 5.1″ minimum focusing distance, this Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM lens (56mm-equivalent) further distinguishes itself with an integrated Macro Lite LED on the front of the lens to provide additional illumination to close-up subjects. Benefitting the optical attributes is a Hybrid IS image stabilization system that serves to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper results when working handheld and in difficult lighting conditions.
19. Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM
- 60mm macro lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for EOS digital SLR cameras
- 25-degree angle of view is equivalent to 96mm lens on 35mm camera
- Focal length : 60mm, Closest focusing distance : 0.65 feet
This Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro lens produces 1:1 magnification for extremely detailed close-up images and with a 35mm focal length equivalence of 96mm, it is also ideal for medium telephoto applications including portraiture. The lens also employs an Ultrasonic Motor along with an internal focusing design to realize quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
20. Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Macro
- Moisture-Proof and Dust-Resistant Construction
- Durable Fluorine Coating on the front element repels water and fingerprints
- Advanced coating technology reduces flare and ghosting
Incredible lens: Very sharp, autofocuses quickly and quietly and shows very little noticeable chromatic aberration, much less any distortion at typical apertures. Offering a life-size maximum magnification ratio of 1:1, this Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Macro lens (35mm equivalent of 144mm) benefits working with small and nearby subjects and employs a Floating System for maintained image quality throughout the 11.8″ to infinity focusing range.
21. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
- 100mm macro USM lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras
- Focal length: 100mm, Closest focusing distance : 1 foot (film plane to subject)
- Secondary diaphragm blocks stray light at f/2.8 for increased contrast, Ultra-sonic monitor provides outstanding autofocusing speed at all distances
22. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
- 100 mm focal length and 1:2.8 maximum aperture. The EF1.4X II/EF2X II extenders cannot be used with this lens. There are no compatible close-up lenses
- Lens construction consists of 15 elements in 12 groups
- 23.4-Degree diagonal angle of view
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Canon Rebel SL3
23. Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 55-250mm 1:4-5.6
- Closest focusing distance: 0.85m/2.8 ft.
- Lens construction: 15 elements in 12 groups
The EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS STM is an attractive telephoto professional lens that can take high-quality photos and videos from wide-angle to telephoto aspects. For photographers and videographers looking to add versatility and range to their lens collection, the new EF-S 55–250mm f/4–5.6 IS STM telephoto zoom lens is a dream come true.
24. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM
- Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens
- Front-focusing method with helicoid ring drive
If you are looking for an affordable lens with great performance, this Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM is the lens you need. With a wide zoom range and fast, near-silent autofocus, the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens (112-480mm equivalent) is well-suited for a variety of subjects, ranging from portraiture to wildlife.
25. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
- 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture for Canon EOS SLR cameras
- 3-stop Image Stabilizer for reducing camera shake; ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM), Macro Focus Range : 1.50 m
- Electro-magnetic diaphragm (EMD) helps create attractive background at large apertures
The Canon EOS Rebel SL3 also referred to as EOS 250D in European countries and EOS Kiss X10 in Japan is the smallest and lightest Canon DSLR camera within the existing EOS lineup that has a 24.1MP APS-C-format CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor chip, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, 3.0-inch vari-angle LCD touchscreen, and 4K video. The primary differences between your Canon SL3 and SL2 may be the addition of 4K video, Eye AF during live watch, improved battery existence and an even smaller sized and lighter body. Therefore, whether you’re an initial time SLR consumer, an aspiring image enthusiast, or someone seeking to capture those amazing family-vacation moments, beautiful evening moments or picturesque landscapes, the Canon EOS Rebel SL3 could be the perfect companion.
To get the very best out of your camera, here we collect all of the recommended and most ideal lenses for Canon EOS Rebel SL2 DSLR camera including leading primary and zoom choices from wide-position to telephoto, which can help you choose the exact zoom lens of your demanding circumstance.
Whether you’ve just bought your 1st Canon DSLR or want to increase your existing kit handbag, there’s a huge range of different optics out there to suit just about any spending budget and photographic subject matter. Despite Canon providing mirrorless options previously a couple of years, it’s fair to state that it still has a much bigger number of suitable DSLR lenses than proprietary mirrorless options – you’re virtually spoiled for choice.
What Lens is Compatible with Canon Rebel SL3?
That may make it hard knowing which lens is an excellent buy and which isn’t. You don’t need to panic even though, as we’re here to help you through the large numbers of lenses open to ensure you choose the right 1 for your Canon DSLR.
This guide has been put into sections. In the initial, we’ll be searching at the best Canon lenses for APS-C format DSLRs just like the EOS Rebel T7 (EOS 2000D), EOS Rebel SL3 (EOS 250D), and EOS 90D, with these lenses specifically suited – and perhaps, specially created for – APS-C (cropped) sensor DSLRs. From then on, we’ll be examining the very best lenses for full-body Canon DSLRs, like the EOS 5D Mark IV.
If you buy an APS-C format Canon DSLR, you’ll more often than not find that it is sold with the choice of an included ‘package’ contact lens, which are great to truly get you started with. Generally, you can select from Canon’s latest 18-55mm or 18-135mm lenses, that offer solid overall performance and come filled with image stabilization and practically silent STM (stepping electric motor) autofocus systems – making them perfect for both stills and video catch. That said, a simple regular zoom is something you might grow out of quite quickly.
Even when you take into account the generous 1.6x focal duration multiplier (or crop aspect) of Canon’s APS-C digital cameras, the 18-135mm kit lens continues to be fairly short for topics like action, sports activities, and wildlife. Both kit lenses also don’t offer you any choices for shooting at very wide angles for scenery and interior shots. After that, you will have times when you would like to blur the backdrop for a portrait but still life type images – in which particular case you’ll need a zoom lens with a wider aperture compared to the standard package lenses offer. You could also want to take into account a ‘macro’ optic for capturing extreme close-ups.
If you want (want) the tiniest camera feasible, a camera all set almost everywhere with you, but usually do not want to stop DSLR features, like the excellent picture quality these offers, the SL3 instantly jumps to the forefront of your alternatives list. While this camera is small, it still gets the DSLR features you attended to love which includes a through-the-lens (TTL) optical viewfinder, fast phase-detection AF, lengthy battery lifestyle, a responsive shutter discharge and a grasp that places you in charge. Great image quality shipped by the latest-available Canon APS-C CMOS imaging sensor and compatibility with a thorough selection of accessories is, of training course, included. While Canon shrunk the DSLR, the SL-series design is in a way that the cameras remain (amazingly) extremely usable and the SL3 is even more improved in this respect.