The brand new Panasonic Lumix GH5 mirrorless camera provides a high-end, hybrid efficiency to photo fans and professional videographers seeking to capture moments in 4K 60p/50p video and 6K PHOTO. The center of the camera can be a 20.3MP Digital Live MOS sensor and a recently developed Venus Engine processor chip, which both offer significantly improved processing moments over its predecessor. This permits the capability to record 4K video at up to 60 fps, 10-bit 4:2:2 inner recording with select configurations, Total HD video at up to 180 fps, 12 fps constant shooting, and sensitivities up to ISO 25600. Packing many innovative developments in display quality, response, and functionality into an unimaginably small-sized body, the brand new LUMIX GH5 opens the entranceway to a fresh stage of photographic and cinematographic culture.
Here are the very best Panasonic GH5 lenses mirrorless camera, which includes leading primary and zoom options from wide-position to telephoto. You can pick the one you need.
Best Panasonic Lumix GH5 Lenses
Full List of Recommended Panasonic GH5 Lenses
Macro Lenses | Portrait Lenses | Walk Around Lenses | All-in-one Lens | Wide-angle Prime | Wide-angle Zoom | Standard Zoom | Telephoto Prime | Telephoto Zoom | Super Telephoto Zoom
Best Portrait Lenses for Panasonic GH5
1. Panasonic Leica Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2
- Optically Stabilized with LUMIX Power O.I.S.
- LUMIX Advanced Nano Surface Coating
- External Aperture Ring and Metal Lens Hood
- Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
High-end prime portrait lens with excellent results. It gives an equivalent of 85mm focal length of 35mm and a fast f/1.2 aperture, making it well-suited for portraits. The only drawback is this: it’s a bit pricey!
2. Olympus 75mm f/1.8
- 150mm equivalent field of view
- Minimum focusing Distance : 0.84 m , Focal Length : 75 mm
- Fast maximum f/1.8 aperture, great for low-light or indoor sports shooting
- Great for portraits, All metal construction
Ideal for portraits and tough lighting situations. With a metallic structure and a compact weight of only 10.7 oz, a high-grade quick aperture portrait lens. It is ideal for studio portraits, theater stage and indoor sports shooting, with a 35mm comparable focal length of 150mm.
3. Olympus 45mm f/1.8
- Fast portrait lens. Rounded seven blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing booked quality
- Minimum focusing distance: 0. 20M, focal length: 45 mm
- Maximum f/1. 8 aperture, great for low light shooting, f/1. 8 maximum aperture delivers beautiful defocused backgrounds
- Quiet movie still compatible lens Drive for video shooting
Option on budget! A very quick, very light portrait lens, the Olympus 45mm f1.8 lens is small in size and inexpensive. It is built to succeed in low-light environments, provide excellent detail with shallow field depth, and capture stunning portraits of pro-level quality.
4. Panasonic Lumix 42.5mm f/1.7 ASPH
- F1.7 Large Diameter & Mid Telephoto 85mm Focal Length; Mount: Micro Four Thirds mount
- 31cm Closest Focusing Distance
- POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) / 240fps Drive AF
- Perfect for low light photography with a bright F1.7 aperture.
Budget option! Excellent portrait lens with a lovely defocus impact on the bokeh background. And with a vivid F1.7 aperture, it is ideal for low light shooting.
Best Macro Lenses for Panasonic GH5
5. Olympus 60mm f/2.8 Macro
- Weatherproof Macro lens withstands harsh conditions
- 7.4 inch minimum working distance, Focal Length - 60 mm
- 1x 35mm equivalent maximum magnification
- 13 separate lens elements in 10 groups assures faithful reproduction of finest details
Best Olympus macro-photography lens! The Olympus M.Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 ED Macro Lens is designed for sharp close-up photography and has the nearest focusing distance of 7.4 inches, 1x magnification, and dust/splash-proof construction. In low-light settings, the wide, quick f/2.8 maximum aperture produces a shallow field depth and enhances image clarity.
6. Panasonic Leica 45mm f/2.8 Macro
Best Panasonic macro imaging lens! The Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH is a very stylish small lens, incredibly compact and lightweight, and its diminutive scale ideally captures the format’s style. True 1:1 macro task, where the capabilities of this lens really shine.
Best Panasonic GH5 Lenses Walk-Around & Street Photography
7. Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4
- LEICA DG QUALITY – LEICA DG Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds lenses provide the ultimate in optical quality and...
- F1.4 APERTURE - High-speed F1.4 LEICA DG SUMMILUX lens with outstanding image rendering and exquisite soft-focusing...
- COATED OPTICS - Nano Surface Coating by Panasonic ends unwanted ghosting and flaring
- FILTER THREAD – For greater creative control this lens offers a 46mm thread mount for polarizer and other options lens...
One of the perfect lenses for a “walkabout”! This 25mm f/1.4 Panasonic Leica lens is a solid prime lens that will offer you a “general use” lens at a decent price with superior accuracy. T offers an angle of view on a 35mm or full-frame digital camera comparable to a 50mm lens, and the wide f/1.4 maximum aperture can offer stunning, vivid images and videos with gently out-of-focus backgrounds. Slightly quicker and slightly more costly than the Olympus.
8. Olympus 25mm f/1.8 Lens
- Yields 50mm (35mm equivalent) equivalent field of view
- Macro focus range: 0; 24 m, focal length: 25 mm
- Seven blade circular diaphragm
- Aperture range: f/1; 8 22
Slightly slower than the 25mm of Panasonic, but also very sharp and still quite a bit cheaper. For taking beautiful pictures both day and night, the M.Zuiko 25mm f1.8 is your best all-around lens. This lens fits right between the wide and telephoto design, with a 25 mm focal length and a 47-degree angle of view. Its quick f1.8 circular aperture, suitable for portraits, offers beautifully soft defocused backgrounds. And when illumination is less than ideal, it still provides excellent detail, which ensures that in certain low-light conditions you can miss the flash. The more affordable 25mm prime lens of Olympus can suit the bill unless you need a broader aperture.
9. Olympus 17mm f/1.8 Lens
- Ultra compact wide angle lens
- Macro focus range: 0.25 meter, focal Length: 17 millimeter
- 34 millimeter equivalent field of view captures large groups or landscapes
- Premium metallic construction, snap focus manual focus ring
This 17mm f/1.8 Olympus M.ZUIKO lens is a very bright, quick lens that is suitable for daily photography as well as street photography, where fast shutter speeds and ample light are necessary. With a wide maximum aperture of f/1.8, for low-light conditions and shallow field imaging depth, this is a good lens.
10. Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 II
- Version II with Selective Aperture Control
- Gives 50mm Equivalent Field on View on full frame 35mm camera
- For ALL M43 cameras
- Fast 25mm f/.95 Lens
A completely manual lens that is shaped like a tank and almost 2 times quicker than the lens of the Olympus. Everything about it the feeling, the smoothness of the action, the consistency of the screams. For low light and even more, the Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 is widely used.
Best All-in-one Zoom Lens for Panasonic GH5
11. Olympus 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO
- Extensive zoom range of 24 to 200 millimeter (35 millimeter equivalent)
- 17 elements in 11 groups for outstanding resolution
- In lens image stabilization for 5 Axis Sync IS (with applicable cameras)
- Z coating Nano (advanced Zuiko extra low reflection optical coating)
The M.Zuiko Optical ED 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO is the first high magnification technical zoom to span a 24-200mm focal length of 35mm equivalent all on its own. It packs two advanced lenses’ output into one and leaves the final style small and lightweight. PRO is every inch of this lens: weatherproof build, quick auto focusing, and simple power. You can take portraits, wide-angle, telephoto, portraits, scenery, and macro with its long focal length. Just one mirror. Versatility without precedent.
12. Olympus 14-150mm f/4-5.6 II
- Dustproof and splash proof
- Minimum focusing distance : 20 inches, Focal Length : 14-150 millimeter
- Zuiko Extra-low reflection optical coating
- 28-300 millimeter 35 millimeter equivalent, Compatible with all micro four thirds cameras
This 10.7x high-magnification adjustable zoom lens in a slim, lightweight body offers a dustproof and splashproof build. With a 28-300mm 35mm equivalent, it is a great long telephoto lens, enabling you to film in a wide wide of conditions.
Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Panasonic GH5
13. Olympus 12mm f/2
- Ultra-wide angle fast aperture lens,Focal Length : 12 mm
- Maximum f/2.0 aperture, great for low-light shooting, Minimum focusing distance : 7.9 inches
- 24mm equivalent field of view great for street shots or landscapes
- Premium metallic construction throughout, Snap focus ring with distance scale for manual focusing
Strongly recommended! One of the finest Olympus lenses for architecture/landscapes/cityscapes. A quick wide-angle lens with a high-quality, metal structure. This high-speed single-focal, wide-angle lens is perfect for capturing anything from stunning landscapes to hard-to-get, casual street shots in low-light conditions. This Olympus 12mm f/2 lens is also perfect for monitoring a running child or pet, and provides movies and still photographs with a fast and silent focus mechanism.
14. Panasonic 15mm f/1.7
- 15mm wide Leica lens
- Wide bright F1.7 aperture
- External aperture ring
- Micro four thirds lens mount
An exceptional wide-angle lens with a super-wide candid aperture for low-light shooting. The focal length of its 35mm counterpart is 30mm, rendering it suitable for daily shooting applications. Working in low-light settings, the quick f/1.7 maximum aperture gains and often provides better power over the focus location for shallow field depth and selective focus techniques.
15. Olympus 17mm f/1.8
- Ultra compact wide angle lens
- Macro focus range: 0.25 meter, focal Length: 17 millimeter
- 34 millimeter equivalent field of view captures large groups or landscapes
- Premium metallic construction, snap focus manual focus ring
Superb lens. This 17mm f/1.8 Olympus M.ZUIKO lens is a very bright, quick lens that is suitable for daily photography as well as street photography, where fast shutter speeds and ample light are necessary. With a wide maximum aperture of f/1.8, for low-light conditions and shallow field imaging depth, this is a good lens.
16. Rokinon 12mm f/2.0
- Ultra Wide 12mm Fixed Focal Length; Includes removable lens hood, lens caps, lens pouch and 1 year Rokinon warranty
- Maximum Diameter: 2.85 inches (72.5mm).Aperture range f20-22
- Constructed of 12 elements in 10 groups (2 aspherical lenses)
- Minimum focusing distance of only 8 inches Lens does not have autofocus
Another fine, affordably priced wide angle prime lens! This lens is well-suited for architectural, indoor, and landscape pictures, offering a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 24mm and a wide 83 ° angle of view. For operating in low-light environments, its quick f/2.0 maximum aperture is further advantageous. You may also use the Rokinon 12mm f/2.0 cinevised version-Rokinon 12mm T2.2 Cine Lens-a perfect wide-angle lens designed for digital cinema.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Panasonic GH5
17. Olympus 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO
- 7 14 millimeter(14 28 millimeter 35 millimeter equivalent) lens with splash and dustproof construction. Angle of view...
- Closest focusing distance at just under 7. 5 centimeter, maximum image magnification: 0. 12x, focal length: 7 14...
- Manual focus Clutch Mechanism and l fan button for assignable functions
- 3 Super ED Lens elements, 1 ED Lens element, and 2 elements to diminish aberrations
Highly recommended! Are you searching for an incredible combination of speed, brightness, versatility, robust standard of construction and superior optical performance? Look for the latest 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO M.ZUIKO ED ultra-wide angle zoom lens! It is also an exceptional lens for architecture/landscapes/cityscapes. This lens is small, lightweight, weatherproof and portable, so it can be carried everywhere. And you can see more of the scene with an ultra-wide angle of view and a vivid f2.8 maximum aperture, from sweeping daytime panoramas to powerful, super-sharp night scenes.
18. Panasonic Lumix 7-14mm f/4 ASPH
- 7-14mm focal length
- 14-28mm equivalent focal length on Micro Four Thirds cameras
- F4.0 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum
- Image stabilization, via camera body where available
Nice ultra-wide zoom lens for the Micro Four Thirds camera setup! The Panasonic Lumix 7-14mm f/4 lens, which is remarkably small and lightweight, enables the sophisticated contrast AF device to be used and features fast, quiet autofocus as well as reliable manual focus capabilities. Compact and with outstanding picture consistency, if you can bear the high price, it’s a fantastic lens. Recommended for landscape or travel photographers searching for ultra-wide zooms that are highly compact.
19. Olympus 9-18mm f/4-5.6
- Wide-angle zoom lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides an 18-36mm equivalent focal...
- Two Dual Super Aspherical elements, along with one high refractive index element and an aspherical element, reduce...
- One extra-low dispersion element suppresses color fringing and chromatic aberrations for greater clarity and color...
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and...
This super-wide-angle lens for Micro Four Thirds, incredibly compact and lightweight, provides amazing image quality plus quick and quiet autofocus, in a tiny box that makes it easily the smallest lens of its size. Suggested for photographers who are searching for the smallest available kit for ultra-wide-angle capabilities. And for landscapes/cityscapes/architecture, it is also the budget choice.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Panasonic GH5
20. Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 Pro
- Constant f2.8 maximum aperture
- Focal length: 12 to 40 millimeter, minimum focus distance 7.87 inches (20 centimeter )
- Drip proof; Dustproof, splash proof, and freeze proof construction. Lens construction: 14 elements in 9 groups...
- Includes lens hood and pouch, filter size 62 millimeter, equipped with manual focus clutch mechanism
The Greatest Versatility! Unsurpassed shooting flexibility is offered by the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm F2.8 PRO lens. For great portraits at 40 mm, it features a wide-angle focal length to catch scenery, architecture or nature scenes and a super smooth fixed f/2.8 opening. A lens capable of managing anything, often all at once from night shooting to sports and activity to weddings.
21. Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 II
- NANO SURFACE COATING: Professional, high-quality LUMIX G X VARIO II camera lens optics with Panasonic’s Nano Surface...
- HIGH-SPEED AUTO FOCUSING: Upgraded faster focus tracking via a 240 fps linear motor performs smooth aperture changes so...
- ADVANCED OPTICAL IMAGE STABILIZATION: Panasonic POWER O.I.S. compatible with enhanced LUMIX Dual I.S. 2.0 LUMIX...
- HIGH-SPEED ZOOM LENS: A 3X optical 24-70 millimeter (35 millimeter camera equivalent) focal length with F2.8 constant...
This recently refreshed Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 II has a comfortable 24-70mm comparable focal length set, a flexible zoom spanning wide-angle to portrait-length viewpoints. Not just suitable for shooting scenery when driving, the wide diameter of this lens often gives you top-quality indoor images. The features are introduced through perceptive and defocusing effects, bringing you just the kind of images and videos you are searching for. Excellent! Excellent! You can prefer the Panasonic 12-35mm f/2.8 ($697), $300 cheaper, another perfect alternative if you can’t afford this latest edition!
22. Olympus 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3
- Electric zoom 4.1x zoom lens
- Electronic or manual zooming available
- Remote control of zoom available with smart phone app
- Dedicated macro setting. Minimum Focus Distance 7.87 inches (20 cm)
On budget! This Olympus 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 lens is a versatile 4.2x zoom lens that covers a lot of land and is lightweight. This lens is ideal for landscapes, wide interior images, portrait shooting, day-to-day portraits and travel photography, covering wide-angle and telephoto focal lengths (35mm equal to 24-100mm).
Best Telephoto Prime Lenses for Panasonic GH5
23. Olympus 300mm f/4 IS PRO
- World's most powerful 6 steps of compensation synchronized in lens and in body Image Stabilization
- Closest focus of 1.4 meters gives a 0.48X (35mm equivalent) telemacro photography, Focal Length : 300mm
- Splash, Dust, and Freeze proof design
- Manual focus clutch & Lfn button to instantly switch shooting styles
The first single-focal super telephoto lens in the M.ZUIKO PRO series at 600mm is the Olympus M.ZUIKO ED 300mm F4 PRO (35mm equivalent). This lens has excellent representational efficiency, mobility and dustproof/splashproof performance that are suitable for commercial usage as well. In-lens and in-body image stabilization are the world’s most effective 6-step compensation stages.
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Panasonic GH5
24. Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO
- Dust, splash, and freeze proof construction
- Ships with lens cap (LC-72C), rear lens cap (LR-2), lens hood (LH-76), and lens case (LSC-1120)
- Manual focus clutch mechanism
The Olympus 40-150mm f2.8 Pro is a fast-constant f/2.8 aperture professional grade telephoto zoom lens. The Olympus 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO is suitable for portraiture and street photography with an equal coverage of 80-300mm, along with local sports and wildlife. It provides quick, quiet autofocus and even at the maximum aperture, delivers very bright and high contrast images right into the corners. Thanks to a minimum focus distance of only 20 inches, which offers you the option of zooming in or zooming out to take stunning portraits and live action images, it is great for wedding or event photography.
25. Panasonic Lumix 100-300mm f/4-5.6 II
- Updated Panasonic LUMIX 100 300mm zoom lens replaces H FS100300
- 100 300mm F4.0 5.6 (1 ED), closest Focusing Distance : 1.5m / 4.92feet
- Upgraded support for harsh weather conditions (Splash proof / Dustproof)
- Panasonic POWER O.I.S. compatible with LUMIX Dual I.S. 2.0 LUMIX Mirror less cameras.
Highly recommended! For modern interchangeable camera fans, this new Lumix 100-300mm f/4-5.6 II lens provides a no-compromise solution to optical efficiency and it has been upgraded with a splashproof and dustproof build for the outdoors. The Lumix G Vario 100-300mm f/4-5.6 II covers an equal range of 200-600mm, rendering it ideal for targeting animals, nature, and sports. In order to support both stills and video software, the linear autofocus motor offers quick AF output that is also reliable, smooth and near-silent. The advantages of splash and dustproof construction practice in inclement weather situations.
26. Panasonic Lumix 100-300mm f/4-5.6
- Maximum focal length of 600mm super telephoto zoom (35mm camera equivalent)
- 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm (F4.0[Wide] - F5.6[Tele] to F22)
- An ED lens in the first lens group for superb optical performance by suppressing chromatic aberration at entire zoom...
- 67mm filter size, Multi-coated lens elements minimize ghosts and flare.
Yeah, Excellent Lens! Also a perfect option is the Panasonic Lumix 100-300mm f/4-5.6! Sports activity, nature, and every other form of photography where you can’t get too close to your subject, is a breeze with a 35mm equivalent 200-600mm range. The lightweight size, the assistance of the contrast AF device, and the stabilization of Super O.I.S. photographs to stop fuzzy pictures from shaking hands all render this a must-have if you choose to capture photos from afar.
27. Olympus 75-300mm f/4.8-6.7 II
- Notes on shooting: Edges of pictures may be cut off if more than one filter is used or if a thick filter is used. When...
- Excellent imaging performance. Super-telephoto shooting in a compact, lightweight, affordable lens.
- MSC mechanism for fast, quiet auto focusing
- Closest focusing distance: 0.9 meter (at 75 millimeter of focal length) / 1.5m (except 75 millimeter of focal length)
This newly designed Olympus 75-300mm f/4.8-6.7 II is an inexpensive super telephoto lens that offers outstanding picture quality and portability. A 35mm-equivalent zoom range of 150-600mm for a normal to super-telephoto reach is given by the 75-300mm focal length. This is the best lens to carry with you for catching natural nature scenes, weighing just 14.9 ounces and measuring 2.7 by 4.58 inches and exceeding 300mm.
28. Panasonic Lumix 45-200mm f/4-5.6 II
- Updated Panasonic LUMIX 45-200mm zoom lens replaces H-FS045200.
- 90-400mm F4.0-5.6 (3 UED)
- Upgraded support for harsh weather conditions (Splash proof / Dustproof).
- Panasonic POWER O.I.S. compatible with LUMIX Dual I.S. 2.0 LUMIX Mirrorless cameras.
For Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras, this Panasonic 45-200mm f/4-5.6 II has an equal focal length range of 90-400mm. This telephoto zoom lens is simple to use in any way, and a must-have for your gear. For fast and quiet focusing results, a linear autofocus motor is also featured, and the lens sports a splash and dustproof physical construction to suit operating in harsh climates.
29. Panasonic Lumix 45-200mm f/4-5.6
- Micro Four Thirds lens mount system produces professional level images while greatly reducing the overall size compared...
- Macro Focus Range :1.00 m, Focal Length : 45-200 mm
- Built-in Optical Image Stabilization reduces blurry pictures due to hand movement that is especially useful at longer...
- Maximum f/stop opening of 4.0 (at 45mm wide) to a minimum of f22 with a filter size of only 52mm, Refer user manual...
Very popular and it is still a great choice!
Best Super Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Panasonic GH5
30. Panasonic Leica 100-400mm f/4-6.3 ASP
- Experience a Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera lens design with a significant reduction in size and weight; Up to two...
- 100 to 400 millimeter F/4.0-6.3 LEICA VARIO ELMAR high performance lens for nature photography (200 to 800 millimeter 35...
- Ideally suited for the outdoors with a splash and dustproof sealed body. (When combined with splash and dustproof LUMIX...
- Impressive image stability with integrated LUMIX Power Optical Image Stabilization (O.I.S) and LUMIX Dual I.S. camera...
A super-telephoto zoom lens of excellent quality and superb sharpness. The Panasonic Leica 100-400mm f/4-6.3 ASPH lens has a broader range than any other native lens in the collection and allows it suitable for wildlife and sports shooters, with an equal range of 200-800mm. A 240 fps high-speed AF motor is both quiet and accurate, gaining from both still shooting and video capture and a focus limiter feature may be used to narrow the focusing range for even faster results. And although its lightweight compact form factor is ideal for handheld shooting, when operating atop a monopod or tripod, the 100-400mm f/4-6.3 also features an integral revolving tripod collar for fast switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
If you’ve produced the change from DSLR to mirrorless, like with Panasonic’s Micro Four Thirds GH5, you’re likely also along the way of replacing all your old DSLR lenses.
Many businesses offer converters that enable you to use your outdated lenses with your new mirrorless camera bodies. Nevertheless, they will not perform as reliably or sharply. Their fat will unbalance smaller sized, lighter mirrorless camera body.
Panasonic has been creating lenses longer than Nikon or Canon offers. This means there are more choices to sift through when coming up with your selection.
In some cases, as with the Tokina lenses, there are three degrees of videographer lenses. They are most effective for budget videographers, professionals and the ones in between.
To attempt to make the search simpler, we’ve created a summary of our six preferred lenses for photographers and videographers capturing with Panasonic’s GH5. These lenses span a variety of price factors and applications. There must be something for everyone!