Sony A7 is Sony’s excellent full-frame mirrorless camera.
Sony has proven itself a leader in mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras with its full-frame A-series cameras. They produce the best results and are the best in their respective categories. Cameras like Sony A7 fall in a similar category and you can attach the following lenses to use with them.
Below are the top recommended lenses for the Sony A7 full-frame Sony mirrorless camera. You can choose the one you need.
Best Portrait Lenses for Sony A7
1. Sony FE 85mm f/1.4 GM Lens
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Minimum Focus Distance : AF 2.79 ft, MF 2.62 ft, Maximum Magnification ratio (x) - 0.13 x, Focal-Length : 85 mm.Angle of view (APS-C) 19°
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16 , Filter Diameter (mm) - 67 mm
This lens is the ideal balance mix of higher resolution and perfect bokeh effect in a lightweight and compact body. It is great for portrait photography and is a lens you must have in your kit.
2. Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8 Lens
- Zeiss 85mm f/1. 8 baits lens - Sony FE mount
- High quality
This lens has a fast f/1.8 maximum aperture which feels advantageous while working in dim-lighting and offers greater control over depth of field for selective focus applications. It is specifically engineered for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras with weather-sealed construction and offers great levels of sharpness and faster rate of autofocus.
3. Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 Lens
- Wide F1.8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects
- 9-blade circular aperture creates beautiful round defocused bokeh
- ED glass element for corner-to-corner sharpness,Minimum Focus Distance:2.63 feet (0.8 m)
A budget option with great performance!
Best Wide-Angle Prime Lenses for Sony A7
4. Zeiss Batis 25mm f/2
- Smooth and reliable autofocus
- Versatile full-frame lens
- Excellent resolution and high contrast
The bright f/2 maximum aperture of this lens is pretty advantageous for those who prefer to work in dim light conditions. It gives greater control over the focus position when using Shallow depth of field or selective focus techniques. It has an 82° angle of view with a 7.9” minimum focusing distance for producing creative perspective and unique close up images of objects. It is ideal for interior photography, landscapes, and architecture.
5. Zeiss Loxia 21mm f/2.8 Lens
- E Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format/Manual Focus Design
- 4 Anomalous Partial Dispersion Elements
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
This focal length pair with a large image angle is a great lens for the use of all family. It is a perfect wide-angle lens for those who want to capture even the smallest details of their object. it is a compact and a super wide-angle performance across the enter image field of a full-frame sensor. It is ideal for capturing architecture, landscapes, three-dimensional subjects or anything close up against a spacious background.
Best Ultra-Wide Angle Prime Lenses for Sony A7
6. Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8
- E-mount Lens/full-frame Format
- Aperture range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Distagon optical design
This lens has a 99° angle of view with a high degree of functionality and remains sharp all the way towards the edges. This large field angle of view of this wide-angle lens is ideal for taking some very creative shots with unusual perspectives. It performs excellently and is perfect for doing astrophotography, architecture, and landscape. It is specially engineered for Sony E Mount full-frame mirrorless cameras.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Sony A7
7. Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Lens
- SONY EMOUNT LENS: 35mm full frame format, instant auto / manual focus selection, focus hold button. The minimum focus distance is 0.38 meter
- NATURAL, LIFELIKE IMAGERY: ED and Super ED glass elements deliver breathtaking texture and detail
- REDUCED ABERRATION: Two aspherical elements and an extremely precise XA element maximize resolution
With a Nano AR coating, a compact body, a direct drive SSM (Super Sonic Wave Motor) focusing system, an AF/MF switch, a circular aperture, and a dust/moisture-resistant construction makes this lens to stand out from all of its counterparts. it is perfect for both still images and video making. Overall, it is a great option for those who want to do event photography, portraits, travel or just random everyday shooting
8. Sony FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS
- Angle of view (35mm): 84°-34° ; E-mount Lenses
- Minimum aperture (F): F22
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1.32 ft (0.4 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.20x, 7 aperture blades
If the above-mentioned lens feels expensive, then this is the one you should go for and it is the budget-friendly option in its respective category.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Sony A7
9. Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM
- Designed to achieve 50 Line pairs/mm resolving power
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements w/ high surface precision. Minimum focus distance - 0.28 m (0.92 ft). Maximum Magnification ratio (x)- 0.19
- Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and Depth of field. Hood Type : Petal shape, bayonet type; APERTURE BLADES: 11
This lens has this amazing functionality that no matter what zoom setting or focus distance you are shooting at, this lens can provide a consistent resolution from edge to edge with a soft background blur effect when required. The constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 delivers consistent performance at all the zoom levels and performs marvelously in dim light conditions. It is ideal for shooting sports, action, landscapes, architectures and close-up shots.
10. Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 G
- G Lens design for corner-to-corner high resolution
- Maximum magnification ratio (x) :0.14.Premium Optics; 4 aspherical, 1 Super ED, 3 ED glass elements
- Constant F4 max aperture maintains exposure and Depth of field
The smooth silent and precise autofocus system of this month make it an ideal lens for stills and videos. The ultra-wide 12-24mm range allows you to get some of the most astonishing edge to edge G Lens Resolutions at all aperture levels. It is an ideal companion for those who want to shoot architecture and landscape. Moreover, the compact and lightweight construction of this lens allow you to move comfortably without having to care about the lens.
11. Sony FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens
- Ideal for landscapes and the a7 series of full frame cameras, ZEISS T (T star) coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.92 ft (0.28 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.19x, Focal-Length : 5/8 - 1-3/8 Inches
- Three ED glass elements to suppress chromatic distortion, constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range
One of the best E-mount lenses in its respective category. It features razor-sharp sharpness, faster autofocus system, weather-sealed construction and reasonable levels of distortion make this lens a wonderful option. Those enthusiasts and professionals who want to pitch into the wide-angle photography should go for this lens.
12. Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens
- G-series optical design ideal for HD and 4K moviemaking;Dust and moisture resistant design
- Minimized angle of view variation (breathing) while focusing
- No focus shifting or axial displacement while zooming
From covering the telephoto perspectives to a wide-angle, this lens is a perfect all-rounder which adds many features to your full-frame mirrorless cameras. It is ideally suited for videography and its optical system is ideal for HD and 4K video making.
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Sony A7
13. Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS
- G Master design combines extraordinary sharpness and smooth bokeh, Constant F2.8 max aperture maintains exposure and depth of field.Weight 1480 g (without tripod mount)
- Class-leading min. focus distance of 37.8” / 0.25x max. mag, Dual floating focus system for high AF speed and precision, XA, ED/Super ED elements and Nano AR Coating for superb resolution
- Aspherical elements & 11-blade circular aperture for gorgeous bokeh, Min. focus breathing and par focal design ideal for video, Direct coupled mechanical focus system for precise manual focus
A great mix of pro-grade construction and image quality, this lens offers an ultimate level of sharpness with the perfect background blur. From covering a portrait lens to telephoto perspectives, this lens can do it all. the rapid fast autofocus is precise smooth and silent and is paired with Sony’s OSS (Optical SteadyShot) image stabilization system. It is ideal for sports photojournalism and weddings.
14. Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS
- Brand is Sony
- Minimum focus distance:1–1.5 m (AF)/1–1.35 m (MF) (3.28–4.93 ft [AF]/3.28–4.43 ft [MF]), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.13x, Focal-Length : 70–200 mm
- Interchangeable Lens
An ideal lens for those who want to separate the subject from the background. it has a small size, am all-around 35 mm focal length and great overall performance. It is as sharp as the f/2.8 model but lags behind when natural light is low.
15. Sony FE 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G OSS
- Full-frame 70-300mm G Series F45-56 G Telephoto zoom, Nano AR Coating with Nano-precision structure, Optical SteadyShot for clear images even at full telephoto
- 35 mm full-frame.9-blade circular aperture for smooth defocus background bokeh, 2x Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements reduces aberration, 4x Aspherical elements control spherical aberration and...
- Linear actuator achieves fast, smooth, quiet autofocus, Enhanced operability w/ direct control switches and buttons on lens, 105-450mm (35mm equivalent) w/ APS-C format cameras
To date, this lens has the longest range of any Sony FE lens ever developed. It produces some of the most amazing results but it is not great for low light working and does not create the required softness towards the edges. It is, however, good for travel, wildlife and landscapes.
Best All-in-One Lenses for Sony A7
16. Sony FE 24-240mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS Lens
- A perfect match for α7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras, 10x magnification with a wide 24mm to super tele 240mm, Optical Steady Shot image stabilization for handheld shooting
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1.64 ft-2.63 ft (0.5 m-0.8 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.27x, Focal-Length : 24-240 mm. Filter Diameter - 72 mm.
- Corner to corner sharpness from 5 Spherical elements, ED glass element reduces flare and ghosting, 7-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
This full-frame lens features a 24-240mm which allows you to cover an extensive variety of shooting conditions paired with a 10x of the effective zoom range. This lens has a switch which upon pressing switches the mode from wide-angle to telephoto without having to change the lens. It is ideal for portraits, travel, and landscapes.
Best Macro Lenses for Sony A7
17. Sony FE 90mm f/2.8-22 Macro G OSS Lens
- A perfect match for α7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras, 90mm Macro with a bright F2.8 maximum aperture, Nano AR coating effectively suppress reflections, Dust and moisture resistant design
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.92 ft (0.28 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 1.0x, Focal Length : 90 mm. The angle of view is 27 degree (35 mm) and 17 degree (APS-C)
- Optical Steady Shot image stabilization for handheld shooting, Instant manual/auto focus selection via a sliding focus ring, Instant manual/auto focus selection via a sliding focus ring
A perfect match for the 7 series of Sony. This Macro lens has an f/2.8 maximum aperture paired with a Nano AR coating which effectively minimizes the reflections and glare. Moreover, the lens is moisture and dust resistant which keeps the lens secure from all the harshness of the environment.
18. Sony FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens
- Full-frame 50mm macro lens with 1:1 magnification, F2.8 max. aperture for low-light and shallow depth of field, Get close with 6.25” (0.16m) minimum focusing distance
- ED glass effectively compensates for axial chromatic aberration, Robust and reliable dust and moisture resistant design, Focus-mode switch, focus-range limiter and focus-hold button
- Distance scale, Magnification scale and Distance index, Compact (2.78”) and lightweight (8.3 oz.) for high mobility, Great for scenery and portraits as well as macro shots
A versatile lens at an economical price. This lens is a great piece of equipment with a lightweight design, a comprehensive selection of on-lens controls, including a focus-range limiter and a focus-mode switch and whatnot. It assists you in capturing landscapes, macro and portraits shots in a wonderful fashion. It has a wide f/2.8 aperture and a 6.25” (0.16m) minimum focusing distance with a 1:1 macro capability.
Best Cinema Lenses for Sony A7
They are specially engineered for doing cinematography for the Sony’s 7 series of mirrorless cameras. It weighs less than a pound and can cover full-frame sensors with a rapid-fast f/1.1 maximum aperture for shallow depth of field. The lens boasts an internal focus design due to which the lens does not change size while focusing to minimize the appearance of breathing when changing focus. Each lens in the set is made in such a way that they prevent glare, match the color to a factory standard, allowing you to assemble a set over time with minimal color shift and are multi-coated for good contrast.