For beginners, the Nikon D3200 is like the best DSLR ever produced. Apart from all the other features, it also boasts a point-and-shoot operation, 24.2-megapixels that produce clearer and sharper images and non-retractable 18-55mm kit lens. You will be pressed with the camera’s 5 frames-per-second burst shooting speed and an ISO range of 100 to 6400. It can work with a plethora of lenses and some of the best for Nikon D3200 are listed below.
Best All-in-one Lenses for Nikon D3200
1. Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR
- Maximum magnification of 032x
- Angle of view from 76 degree to 5 degree 20'.Focal Length Range : 18 300 millimeter, Minimum Focus Distance : 16 feet ( 048 meter)
- Aperture range from f/35 to f/22
The Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR is an outstanding all-in-one telephoto zoom that can capture about anything with a stunning grace all by itself. This lens knows no boundaries and can do it all! It uses a vibration reduction technology to attain clear photos and steady videos in addition to having a fast and quiet Auto Focus system to reduce any camera noise while shooting. It is the only lens you need to completely exploit the D3200 as you can capture any sort of still, landscape, close-up or portrait and even record videos whether they may be of fast running athletes or rock stars jamming to their music; Its notably compact for a 16.7x zoom-in lens and draws great performance from Nikon DX-format DSLRs.
2. Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
- One-lens solution adept in a wide variety of situations
- Focal length range: 18 -200 mm, minimum focus Distance: 1.6 ft.
- Two extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements; three aspherical lens elements
The Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II is considered to be an all-purpose versatile and convenient lens because of its high image quality and an immense zoom-in range, that is 18mm to 200mm which is suitable for capturing landscapes and athletics respectively. It is also compatible with DX-format DSLRs but, it does not have a perfect telephoto which makes the lens suitable for all sorts of surroundings. But, for travel, as an all-in-one lens and a walk-around lens, Nikon 18-200mm is a perfect choice.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Nikon D3200
3. Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
- Ideal for landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, architecture and more.
- Focal Length : 10- 24 mm, Close focusing to 0.8 feet
- Renders a picture angle of 109 degrees through 61 degrees, equivalent to focal lengths of 15-36mm.
The Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G offers two technologies at once that are Internal Focus (IF) and Nikon’s SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast and pin-point focusing up to 0.8 feet. This lens is Nikon’s best DX format wide-angle lens of 10mm which covers a 109° angle of view (nearly fisheye); it has a wider range and sharp picture quality than any other lens which makes it ideal for shooting photos and HD video of landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, architecture and so much more, with eye-catching colors and contrasts. And the lens’ zoom range is equivalent to 15-36mm on a 35mm camera and covers virtually all of the useful focal lengths from ultra-wide to a normal field of view.
4. Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 ATX Pro DX II
- USA Version. 3 Year Tokina Warranty included. Intended for sale within the USA.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- Two Aspheric Lens Elements Two Super-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
The Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 ATX Pro DX II is a compact, ultra wide-angle zoom lens with a bright constant F2.8 aperture which makes viewing and autofocus possible in all lighting situations. Its angle of view ranges from 104-84° and it can focus as close as 11.8″. It has an internal silent focusing motor which allows the lens to use autofocus even on Nikon bodies that do not have an AF drive gear and motor. Having a Fast f/2.8 constant maximum aperture is a clear advantage for low light shooting over slower models and yet it possesses incredible sharpness levels.
5. Tokina 14-20mm f/2.0 AT-X Pro DX
- Nikon F Mount Lens/DX Format. 21-30mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22. One Plastic-Molded Aspherical Element
- Two Glass-Molded Aspherical SD Elements. Two Super Low Dispersion Elements
Being the fastest lens ever made by Tokina, the 14-20mm f/2.0 AT-X Pro DX is specially designed for capturing precise details in photographs. The fast F/2.0 aperture lens offers an equivalent 21-30mm zoom range. The super-bright, constant F/2.0 aperture makes viewing, autofocus and shooting possible even in very low light surroundings while being lightweight and compact.
Best Wide-Angle Prime Lenses for Nikon D3200
6. Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Ultra Wide Angle Lens + Sigma USB Dock for Nikon + DSLR Camera Sling Backpack + Altura Photo Compact 62" Monopod + SanDisk 64GB Ultra UHS-I SDXC Memory Card (Class 10) +...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE LENS: The 20mm 1.4 Art is the widest large aperture Art lens to date. The latest optical design allows for the utmost in image quality with careful attention paid to edge to edge...
- COMPATIBLE with all Nikon Cameras, including D500, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7100, D7200, D7500 APS-C Cameras, and D5, DF, D600, D610, D700, D750, D800, D810,...
The Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art is ideal for high image quality while maintaining an accurate, fast and smooth focus. With a focal length of 20mm and F1.4 aperture, this lens produces an outstanding large-aperture brightness and bokeh to capture various seascapes, cityscapes, and astrophotography which are also perfect for portraits, indoor and wedding photography.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Nikon D3200
7. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art
- Designed specifically for APS-C sized sensors
- Internal focusing and zooming allows for more usability and functionality
- The 18-35mm is ideal for landscapes, portraits, still life, snap shots, casual, and close-ups
The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art is unquestionably the first lens to try with Nikon D3200 and a must have in your camera bag. It is the first wide-angle lens to have a standard zoom to achieve a large aperture of 1.8. The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 Art is ideal for landscapes, portraits, stills and close-up photography. In addition, it consists of the Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) which ensures smooth, fast and accurate autofocus.
8. Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM
- Large aperture, stabilized, standard zoom lens
- FLD glass with performance equal to fluorite
- Carrying case, lens hood, front & rear caps. Lens Construction : 17 Elements in 13 Groups
This lens has a large-aperture standard zoom which covers a 17-50mm focal length (equivalent to 26-75mm) and offers a large aperture of F2.8 throughout the entire zoom range, so this lens could be used in different sorts of photography such as for covering formal events, weddings and even press photography. Sigma’s anti shake feature offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower, in addition, HSM provides fast and quiet AF. Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM’s Multi-Layer coating reduces all flares and ghosting. This lens boasts perfect peripheral brightness and provides sharp, contrast images even at maximum apertures. Moreover, it is compact and lightweight and a total must have in a camera bag.
9. Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
- Versatile FX-format wide-angle (18mm) to standard (35mm) zoom lens
- Focal Length : 18-35 mm, Focus as close as 0.92 ft. from your subject
- Excellent choice for travel and architecture, landscape and everyday photography as well as HD-Video applications
The Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED is the best travel lens available, as it features a compact, lightweight design making it highly portable. Even though it has an 18mm wide-angle perspective which captures a large scene into the frame ideal for shooting architecture and landscapes as well as group portraits, it is also ideal for shooting indoors and in close quarters. But zoom all the way in, and you get a natural 35mm perspective that mimics the field view of a human eye, so it is ideal all sorts of shooting and capturing.
Best Standard Prime Lenses for Nikon D3200
10. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 35mm focal length, 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 56mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum, This model is compatible with all current Nikon cameras (both DX and FX)
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
This lens is a must have for any camera bag. The Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM is a truly excellent lens that performs as well in the field as its superb lab test results suggest. It has fast silent focusing and its lower price makes it a compelling alternative to camera users if you don’t require a weather-sealing body.
11. Nikon 35mm f/1.8G
- F Mount Lens/DX Format. Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35 millimeter Equivalent). Rear Focusing; Manual Focus Override
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to 22 ; Dimensions(approx.):Approx. 70 x 52.5 millimeter
The Nikon 35mm f/1.8G has a compact, lightweight design with high resolution and picture quality at an affordable price. It has an f/1.8 maximum aperture which is very useful in low-light situations. Also, it has a spherical element to help control distortions and aberrations of any kind which makes it a perfect lens for travel, environmental portraits, street, and general photography also it can marvelously overcome low lighting problems by itself.
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Nikon D3200
12. Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD:
- The most compact lens in its class
- Minimum focus distance: 51.2 in (1.3m); Maximum magnification ratio: 1: 8 (at f=200mm: MFD 51.2), Focal Length 70-200 mm
- Fast F/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens
The Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 offers superior image quality and has the most compact and high-speed telephoto zoom accentuated by VC (Vibration Compensation), image stabilization and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) in its class. This lens offers high image quality boosted by advanced Vibration Compensation (image stabilization) and an Ultrasonic Silent Drive Motor for quiet, smooth and accurate autofocus. The Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 DI USD is popular because of its high-end images and its adequate bokeh. It also has a High-speed standard to the telephoto zoom lens with a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range.
13. Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF VR:
- 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Internal Focus (IF) system provides fast and quiet autofocusing; 4.9-feet Minimum focus range, Focal Length Range : 70 -300 mm.Two focus modes are available - M/A and M
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) minimizes effects of camera shake to produce sharper images
The Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF VR is a versatile, lightweight telephoto zoom lens, ideal for shooting wildlife, travel diaries, sporting events, and even general photography. It offers a 4.3x zoom with a focal length range of 70-300mm and a 35mm equivalency of 105-450mm when used on DX-format DSLRs. It also provides the equivalence of 2.5 shutter speed stops to help in capturing sharper images in low light or at extended zoom lengths.
14. Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR:
- Lightweight and portable at just 29.3 oz and a mere 7.0-in. long
- Focal Length Range : 70 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.28 ft.
- Optimized for capturing high-quality stills and HD videos on both FX- and DX-format cameras
Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR is an ideal lightweight, portable and highly versatile lens with which you can cover an extremely broad focal length range with f/4 speed and superior image quality. Its f/4 fixed maximum aperture excels in low light and lets you maintain a consistent exposure while zooming which is especially useful when recording HD videos. This lens is essential for low light or fast action sequences.
15. Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II
- Compact telephoto zoom that's great for action, people and travel. Metering - Full aperture
- Focal Length Range : 55 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.7 ft. ( 1.1 m). Maximum angle of view (DX-format): 28°50', Minimum angle of view (DX-format): 8°
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior color quality while reducing ghosting and lens flare
This lens is a versatile and compact telephoto zoom lens that is well-suited for portraiture, sports, wildlife photography also ideal for travel and everyday use. Its versatile zoom range goes from 55mm, which is great for portraits and group shots, it has telephoto zoom up to 200mm for catching close-ups on the sports field, school events, formal events and more.
Best Wildlife and Sports Lenses for Nikon D3200
16. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD
- VC (Vibration Compensation) , Angle of View diagonal 16゜25' - 4゜8' for full-frame format 10゜38' - 2゜40' for APS-C format
- Minimum Focus Distance of 2.7m (106.3in), Focal Length : 150-600mm
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), New eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating
This lens has the best telephoto zoom while also featuring image stabilization, fast and quiet autofocus, and advanced lens coatings for sharp, contrasted photos. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD lens is best suited for sports and wildlife photography, as well as for landscapes. It has a built-in tripod. On an APC-C sensor camera, its focal range is equivalent to 233-930mm. This lens with D3200 can capture the beauty of wildlife, travel diaries, architecture, exciting sports actions and close-ups with this high-performance 150-600mm long-range zoom.
17. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2
- New FLEX ZOOM LOCK mechanism enables the locking of the zoom ring at any position
- Fluorine Coating and improved Moisture-Resistant Construction;Optical Construction : 21 elements in 13 groups
- Lightweight and easy-to-hold tripod mount is compatible with an Arce-Swiss style quick release plate
The Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 is the perfect lens, boasting a versatile, long-reaching range. This Tamron SP 150-600mm G2 lens builds upon the success of the current SP 150-600mm (Model A011) including better overall optical performance and faster AF speed, VC enhancements, plus Euori1e Coal, g, FLEX ZOOM LOCK, and teleconverter. This new zoom combines smart engineering and high performance with quality craftsmanship, durability, and user-friendliness which makes its cost reasonable.
Best Macro Lenses for Nikon D3200
18. Nikon 40mm f/2.8G Micro
- Compact and lightweight DX-format close-up lens. Lens Construction (Elements/Groups) - 9 elements in 7 groups
- Maximum reproduction ratio is 1.0x. Focal length is 40 mm
- Sharp images from infinity to life-size (1X), Autofocus to 64 inches
This lens while being quite small is best known for capturing close-ups, portraits, landscapes, and intricately detailed designs. It allows its users to get true 1:1 magnification for extreme close-up photographs. However, its standard focal length lens provides high resolution and contrast from infinity to life-size (1X), which is its best feature.
19. Nikon 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Micro
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23°20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 10 ft( 0314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
This macro lens is the first of its kind to feature two of Nikon’s technologies at once which are Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) designed especially for close-up and macro photography and is suitable for all photographic conditions. The VR system offers a three shutter speed which enables the use of slower shutter speeds while still maintaining image sharpness, even in low light. It is an incredible Macro Lens, it has a medium telephoto Micro lens which is ideal for extreme close-up and portrait photography even with extreme distances and has autofocus from infinity to life-size (1:1).
Best Portrait Lenses for Nikon D3200
20. Nikon 50mm f/1.4G
- Fast, upgraded f/1.8, compact FX format prime lens. The picture angle with 35 millimeter (135) format is 47 degree and the maximum reproduction ratio is 0.15X
- Focal Length 50 millimeter, Minimum Focus Distance 1.48 feet (0.45 meter)
- Newly developed optical system with Aspherical lens element, Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
The Nikon 50mm f/1.4G is the best lens for clicking portraits. This lens is ideal for taking portraits on a Nikon DX-format DSLR in all sorts of surroundings and lighting conditions, let it be a formal event or just general portraits, it can capture all; as it uses an excellent optical formula and an ultra-fast f/1.4 maximum aperture.
21. Nikon 85mm f/1.8G
- Fast aperture medium telephoto lens
- Internal Focus, Focal Length: 85 mm, Minimum Focus Range: 0.80 m
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM). Number of diaphragm blades:7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
The Nikon 85mm f/1.8G provides high image quality and is considered a good investment for DX and FX, as it produces a razor-sharp beautiful bokeh to boot. It develops concise, high-end portraits with Nikon’s Internal Focus (IF) technology which provides fast and quiet Autofocus at all apertures. Furthermore, its fast maximum aperture is best for taking stills or recording HD videos under a variety of different lightings