Best Lenses for Nikon D3300 DSLR camera. Are you looking for recommended lenses for your Nikon D3300? Here are the top-rated Nikon D3300 lenses.
The D3300 is an excellent option for your first DSLR, especially if your budget can stretch to investing in some additional Nikon d3300 lenses to go alongside the kit optic.
It’s a great DSLR and offers five frames per second of continuous drive alongside the 11-point AF system, which is decent at this price range. The body is sturdy, well-built, and is excellent to use. It is equipped with a high-resolution 24-megapixel APS CMOS sensor, which is excellent when paired with external lenses.
This article describes all the best choices of Nikon D3300 lenses.
Best All-in-one Nikon D3300 Lenses
1. Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR
- Maximum magnification of 032x
- Angle of view from 76 degree to 5 degree 20'. Focal length range: 18 300 millimeter, minimum focus distance: 16 feet...
- Aperture range from f/35 to f/22
- Angle of view from 76 to 520'
This lens is the best performer all over. It features 16.7x zooming power and contains Vibration Reduction technology, which can help its users to provide smooth and clear sharpness in photos and videos. It has an amazingly fast and accurate Autofocus system, which helps to maintain clarity and reduces noise in photos and videos. It is highly versatile in its performance and can cover all types of photography like portraits, stills, landscapes, weddings, interiors, and many more. With all these main features, it also has a strong build, compact design, and lighter in weight. You can go for close-up shots as well as scenic shots, and you will get the best results in both categories without any compromise on image quality.
2. Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
- One-lens solution adept in a wide variety of situations
- Focal length range: 18 -200 mm, minimum focus Distance: 1.6 ft.
- Two extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements; three aspherical lens elements
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM), Nikon VR II (vibration reduction) image stabilization
With a zooming range of 18-200mm, this lens is the combination of many features, which makes it very popular among its peers. This lens can impart the best sharpness in tele as well as with wide end photography. It is a wonderful option in photography with only a major drawback that it is not suitable for a certain type of photography. Still, it is certainly a good option for Nikon D3300.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Nikon D3300
3. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art
- Designed specifically for APS-C sized sensors
- Internal focusing and zooming allows for more usability and functionality
- The 18-35mm is ideal for landscapes, portraits, still life, snap shots, casual, and close-ups
- Angle of view (SD1):76.5º-44.2º
It has some coolest features which make it a perfect standard point of reference in the lens market. It has a large aperture of 1.8, a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM), and capabilities to provide HD photos and videos. This lens can do all types of photography, like landscapes, stills, portraits, casuals, and close-up shots. A perfect choice for all-purpose photography, and it is highly recommended for Nikon D3300 users.
4. Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM
- Large aperture, stabilized, standard zoom lens
- FLD glass with performance equal to fluorite
- Carrying case, lens hood, front & rear caps. Lens Construction : 17 Elements in 13 Groups
- OS is not available in Pentax and Sony mounts.
This lens features the focal length, which ranges from 17-50mm (equivalent to 26-75mm) and has a large zoom range. Producing high quality, ultra-sharpness, perfect contrast, and an amazing peripheral brightness in photos is its specialty even in low light conditions. This lens can do all types of photography, like weddings, concerts, indoor events, and it has perfection in portraiture and landscape photography. It is a must for every camera bag.
5. Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
- Versatile FX-format wide-angle (18mm) to standard (35mm) zoom lens
- Focal Length : 18-35 mm, Focus as close as 0.92 ft. from your subject
- Excellent choice for travel and architecture, landscape and everyday photography as well as HD-Video applications
- Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing with seamless manual override
The feature which helps it to distinguish among others is its 18mm wide view angle which capture more of what you see in any photographic frame and with a 35mm option, you can get a subjective view by zooming in which is perfect for all kinds of photos and videos because it is just equivalent to our normal field of view of our eyes. This lens is ideal for social events, travel, indoor architecture, landscapes, and group portraits.
Best Standard Prime Lenses for Nikon D3300
6. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 35mm focal length, 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 56mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum, This model is compatible with all current Nikon cameras (both DX and FX)
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 67mm filters,0.30m/11.81" minimum focus. Maximum Magnifications-1:5.2. Angle of View-63.4º
This lens has won many hearts because it is the best all-rounder performer. Many review sites have already named this lens as the best in the market. The best feature of this lens is its affordable price, and with its strong build and fast and accurate Autofocus system, this lens is competitive among its peers in the lens market. The only thing you must keep in mind while choosing this lens is that you should pick this one if you don’t require weather sealing.
7. Nikon 35mm f/1.8G
- F mount lens/DX format. Picture angle with Nikon DX format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35-millimeter equivalent). Rear focusing; Manual focus override
- Aperture range: F/1.8 to 22; Dimensions(approx.) 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent wave motor AF system. Accepts filter type is screw on. Lens construction: 8 elements in 6 groups
Featuring with the high-quality aspherical element, this lens helps to reduce all kinds of distortions and noises from your photos. At an affordable price, you can enjoy high-quality photography with this lens like portraits, landscapes, indoor events, and many more. It is also suitable for photography in low light conditions, and with its compact and lightweight features, you can keep it and take it wherever you want.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Nikon D3300 Lenses
8. Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
- Ideal for landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, architecture and more.
- Focal Length : 10- 24 mm, Close focusing to 0.8 feet
- Renders a picture angle of 109 degrees through 61 degrees, equivalent to focal lengths of 15-36mm.
- SWM enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus operation., For superior sharpness and color correction by effectively...
This lens features a zoom range, which is equivalent to 15-36mm on a 35mm camera and can cover all aspects of the field of view, from the widest end to the normal field of view. With its widest end of 10mm, it can cover up to 109° (nearly equal to fisheye), a marvelous feature to create superb edges in your photos and HD videos of many aspects like portraits, landscapes, indoor events, etc. with perfect contrast, color, and sharpness. It is an ideal wide-angle lens compatible with DX-format DSLR cameras.
9. Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 ATX Pro DX II
- USA Version. 3 Year Tokina Warranty included. Intended for sale within the USA.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- Two Aspheric Lens Elements Two Super-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
- Multi-Layer Coating 77mm Filter Thread
This lens features an angle of view ranges from 104-84°, focusing as close up to 11.8”. Its great aperture allows it to do photography in low light conditions. With its powerful internal focusing system, you can Autofocus in those Nikon bodies which do not contain AF drive gear and motor. Its aperture enables its users to do even close-up shots with perfect contrast, brightness, sharpness, and color, and with such a high quality, you can only wish for. It a wonderful lens with great and remarkable features.
10. Tokina 14-20mm f/2.0 AT-X Pro DX
- Nikon F Mount Lens/DX Format. 21-30mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22. One Plastic-Molded Aspherical Element
- Two Glass-Molded Aspherical SD Elements. Two Super Low Dispersion Elements
- Multi-Layer Anti-Reflection Coating. Internal Focus; One-Touch Focus Clutch
Sharpest, fastest, offering a zoom range equivalent to 21-30mm, this super bright lens helps to do all types of photography in all light conditions with a clear, accurate, and perfect Autofocus and can produce high-quality images with desirable sharpness, contrast, and color.
Best Wide-Angle Prime Lenses for Nikon D3300
11. Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
- The Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM can be considered as the culmination of the Art line in relation with F1.4 series
With its good quality aperture, it can boast amazing brightness and bokeh effect in photos. Its Autofocus is perfectly smooth, clear, and accurate, and it is wide-angle, makes it an ideal choice to do many types of photography like landscapes, seascapes, cityscapes, weddings, indoor events, and many more with perfect image quality.
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Nikon D3300
12. Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF VR
- 70 300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5 5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Internal Focus (IF) system provides fast and quiet autofocusing; 4.9 feet Minimum focus range, Focal Length Range : 70...
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) minimizes effects of camera shake to produce sharper images
- 2 Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements delivers super contrast and resolution performance
Offering a zoom range of 4.3x and a focal length of 70-300mm with the equivalency of 105-450mm on a 35mm DX-format DSLR camera, this lens can also provide 2.5 shutter speed stops which enables it to capture close-up shots stunningly even in low light conditions on an extended zoom length. This lens’s performance is appreciating.
13. Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
- The most compact lens in its class
- Minimum focus distance: 51.2 in (1.3m); Maximum magnification ratio: 1: 8 (at f=200mm: MFD 51.2), Focal Length 70-200...
- Fast F/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating...
- New VC anti-shake mechanism with 4-stop advantage.
This lens has many great features to offer. It has a Vibration Compensation (VC) image stabilization technology to ensure proper capture and its Ultrasonic Silent Drive (USD) for perfect, clear, accurate, and smooth Autofocus. Its fast aperture offers super brightness in photos throughout an entire zoom range. Its additional features are its lightweight, its durability, and strong build. It’s the best FX-format DSLR lens, and with its great ability to boast nice bokeh effect in photos, this lens is highly recommended for all Pro level photographers.
14. Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
- Lightweight and portable at just 29.3 oz and a mere 7.0-in. long
- Focal Length Range : 70 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.28 ft.
- Optimized for capturing high-quality stills and HD videos on both FX- and DX-format cameras
- Nikon's high-performance f/4 fixed aperture zoom lens. Weight- Approx-30.0 pounds. 20 elements in 14 groups (including 3...
Its powerful aperture has the excelling power in low light conditions, thereby enabling this lens to capture HD photos with perfect exposure even while zooming in throughout the entire zoom range. This feature is helpful while shooting HD videos. it weighs less, and its compact design and portability make it an “easy to carry” one option. This lens is an excellent choice and highly versatile in its performance.
15. Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II
- Compact telephoto zoom that's great for action, people and travel. Metering - Full aperture
- Focal Length Range : 55 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.7 ft. ( 1.1 m). Maximum angle of view (DX-format): 28°50',...
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior color quality while reducing ghosting and lens flare
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass nearly eliminates optical distortion, while a rounded seven-blade diaphragm makes out of...
Low on budget but want to get a good lens for your Nikon D3300? Well, this lens is a good option. This lens is highly versatile in its performance having the capabilities to do all types of photography like weddings, wildlife, portraits, landscapes, and many more.
Best Macro Lenses for Nikon D3300
16. Nikon 40mm f/2.8G Micro
- Compact and lightweight DX-format close-up lens. Lens Construction (Elements/Groups) - 9 elements in 7 groups
- Maximum reproduction ratio is 1.0x. Focal length is 40 mm
- Sharp images from infinity to life-size (1x), autofocus to 64 inches
- Close-range correction system (CRC). Silent wave motor (SWM)
Offering a true (1:1) magnification for its customers, this lens is a wonderful addition in the lens market. At this magnification, this lens can do close-up shots with perfection, and it can offer high resolution and contrast from life-size (1x) to infinity when used with DX-format DSLR cameras. So, with this lens, you can catch delicate flowers, architecture, collectible, and any photography in which you want to capture the high detailing of the object.
17. Nikon 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Micro
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23°20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm,...
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic...
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens. Maximum...
The drawback of this lens is its high price, but its worth spending if you are planning to gear up your photography game from beginner to a Pro to capture the full-frame.
Best Portrait Lenses for Nikon D3300
18. Nikon 50mm f/1.4G
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 58mm filters
- Minimum focus Distance : 0.45m/17.72 Inches. Lens Hood: HB-47
- Nikon F mount for FX and DX DSLRs. Unparalleled autofocus performance.Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
Having the compatibility with DX-format DSLR cameras, this lens features the fast aperture and powerful optical formula, which makes it suitable to do photography on a wide-angle. So, this lens is particularly an ideal choice for portrait shots along with having the coverage on all types of photography like landscapes, seascapes, weddings, travel, etc.
19. Nikon 85mm f/1.8G
- Fast aperture medium telephoto lens
- Internal focus, focal length: 85 millimeter, minimum focus range: 0.80 meter
- Silent wave motor (SWM). Number of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- M/a focus mode switch. Filter-attachment size is 67 millimeter (p=0.75 millimeter)
This lens features an internal focus system that is highly efficient in providing sharp and clear images with accurate Autofocus at all ranges of the aperture. And its aperture can do stills and D-Movie HD videos without depending on light conditions, and you can do it low light as well as in full light without having the difference in image quality. Having the compatibility with DX and FX-format DSLR cameras, this lens can produce a beautiful bokeh effect in photos. It can do other kinds of photography as well as portraits, indoor events, etc.
Best Wildlife and Sports Lenses for Nikon D3300
20. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD
- VC (Vibration Compensation) , Angle of View diagonal 16゜25' - 4゜8' for full-frame format 10゜38' - 2゜40' for...
- Minimum Focus Distance of 2.7m (106.3in), Focal Length : 150-600mm
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), New eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating
- Moisture-resistant construction
Offering the focal length range equivalent to 233-930mm on an APC-C sensor camera; this lens is the perfect option for sports and wildlife photographers. It has a long zoom range of 150-600mm. With its advancing features like image stabilization, lens coatings to provide superb sharpness, contrast, and brightness in photos and powerful, accurate Autofocusing system makes this lens highly suggestive for all camera bags. You can also do stunning close-up shots of your favorite birds, travel destinations, and beauty of nature.
21. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2
- New FLEX ZOOM LOCK mechanism enables the locking of the zoom ring at any position
- Fluorine Coating and improved Moisture-Resistant Construction;Optical Construction : 21 elements in 13 groups
- Lightweight and easy-to-hold tripod mount is compatible with an Arce-Swiss style quick release plate
- AF speed is faster and much more responsive with moving subjects
It is the successor of Model A011. All the features in this lens are geared up like this lens has better optical performance, more accurate VC results, better AF system. This lens also contains Europe 1e coal, g, Flex Zoom Lock, and a teleconverter. It is more user-friendly with high durability and strong construction. The only drawback it has is its high price, but it is worth spending this lens keeping in mind the versatility and extended coverage of this lens, which is appreciable.