Nikon D500 by compiling its flagship DSLR and most of its high-end specifications into a smaller yet very durable metal design. It has a 20.9 megapixels APS-C CMOS sensor and can easily shoot at a rate of 10 frames per second along with an excellent ISO performance. Nikon D500 all-rounder has an outstanding AF system consisting of 153 focus points due to which precise details of fast action like wildlife and sports could be easily captured. Nikon D500 camera is one of the finest DSLR available and the following are the lenses that could be used with it.
Best All-in-one Zoom Lenses for Nikon D500
1. Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR
- Maximum magnification of 032x
- Angle of view from 76 degree to 5 degree 20'. Focal length range: 18 300 millimeter, minimum focus distance: 16 feet (048 meter)
- Aperture range from f/35 to f/22
Known for its lightweight this lens has a variety of features that make it one of a kind. Best suited to work with Nikon DX-format DSLRs this lens can capture a variety of scenes (including portraiture, wildlife, and landscape photography) and deliver high-quality images. The sharpness is endowed by the vibration reduction technology and the fast and steady autofocus helps deliver steady images and videos. This lens offers 16.7x zoom so you can capture great images from a distance while producing images similar to wide-angle scenic shots. The lens is quiet and so it delivers videos that are free of camera noise.
2. Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
- One-lens solution adept in a wide variety of situations
- Focal length range: 18 -200 mm, minimum focus Distance: 1.6 ft.
- Two extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements; three aspherical lens elements
Compatible with Nikon DX-format DSLRs this lens offers a wide zooming range from 18mm to 200mm making it suitable for capturing both landscape and sports activities. It delivers high-quality images with great levels of sharpness at both telephoto and wide angles. Even though this lens is not a very good choice for telephotos but it is handy and can be used as a walk-around lens for travel and street photography.
Best Standard Prime Lenses for Nikon D500
3. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 35mm focal length, 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 56mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum, This model is compatible with all current Nikon cameras (both DX and FX)
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
This gold award-winning lens (DPReview) lacks weather sealing and yet it attracts photographers due to its swift and quiet focusing abilities. The solid manufacturing offered at a low price is what makes this lens worth buying.
4. Nikon 35mm f/1.8G
- F mount lens/DX format. Picture angle with Nikon DX format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35-millimeter equivalent). Rear focusing; Manual focus override
- Aperture range: F/1.8 to 22; Dimensions(approx.) 70 x 52.5 millimeter
This lens offers an f/1.8 max aperture that makes it fit for use under dim light conditions.
The chromatic aberrations and distortions are reduced by the aspherical element used in the lens. At an affordable price, this lens can be used for portraiture, travel and street photography.
Best Portrait Lenses for Nikon D500
5. Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- The Sigma 85mm 1.4 DG HSM Art is the latest addition to the world renowned Sigma Global Vision Line
- It has equipped newly designed hyper sonic motor (HSM) for nimble AF control, 1.3 times better torque of its predecessor
- Compatible with the Enthusiast APS-C Nikon D7100, D7200, D500, and D3100, D3200, D3300, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500 DSLR Cameras. Also compatible with Nikon Full-Frame DF, D600, D610, D750, D800, D810,...
This Gold award-winning lens (DPReview) is known for its ultra-fine focusing abilities and the mesmerizing bokeh effects. This lens can be best used in low light and night photography. It can also be used for portraiture, landscape and wedding photography and also for photojournalism.
6. Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 50mm focal length, Lens not zoomable
- 75mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
With a large aperture of 1.4, this professional lens is best suited for portraiture, landscape, studio and street photography. It delivers ultra-sharp images with high quality.
7. Nikon 50mm f/1.4G
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 58mm filters
- Minimum focus Distance : 0.45m/17.72 Inches. Lens Hood: HB-47
Compatible with Nikon DX formats DSLRs this lens is the best choice for capturing portraits. The swift f/1.4 maximum aperture and the unique optical formula makes it the best choice for travel, event, environment, and everyday photography.
8. Nikon 85mm f/1.8G
- Fast aperture medium telephoto lens
- Internal focus, focal length: 85 millimeter, minimum focus range: 0.80 meter
- Silent wave motor (SWM). Number of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
Compatible with both DX and FX-format DSLRs this lens is known for its ultra-sharp images. It delivers high-quality images with an alluring bokeh. The lens uses Nikon’s signature Internal focus system to provide swift autofocusing abilities. This ensures crisp and clear images across the entire aperture range of the lens. The lens can be used for both photography and videography. Because of its swift maximum aperture, you can record HD videos under appropriate light conditions. It can be best used for portraiture and wedding photography
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Nikon D500
9. Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR
- Fast f/2.8 constant aperture with an electromagnetic diaphragm
- Sensational image quality and sharpness with virtually no distortion, Focal Length Range : 24 to 70 millimeter
- Minimum Focus Distance : 35 to 50 millimeter focal length : 1.2 feet (0.38 meter) from focal plane; 24, 28, 70 millimeter focal lengths : 1.3 feet (0.41 meter) from focal plane; Dimensions : Approx;...
This multifaceted lens is fast, consistent and durable. It delivers sharp high-quality images due to its vibration reduction and stabilization technologies. This easy to use lens can be used for a variety of purposes including studio photography, event, and environmental photography. This lens can also be used to record HD videos.
10. Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
- Focal Length Range : 24 70 mm
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1.2 ft.( 0.38 m)
- Exceptional low light performance
This lens offers an f/2.8G maximum aperture that makes it suitable for use in dim light. The 9 blade diaphragm ensures shallow depth of field and enhanced highlights. This zoom lens delivers ultra sharp and crisp images across its zoom range. It can work best at both telephoto and wide angles making it the best choice for everyday use.
11. Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 DI VC USD
- 24-70mm focal length, Minimum focus distance : 0.38m/14.96 inch
- 36-105mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 38.4-112mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum, Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
Covers the focal length ranging from 24-70mm and has an aperture of F/2.8 this lens delivers high quality and high-resolution images with little to none aberrations. It is known for its mesmerizing soft blur effects and the signature rounded diaphragm. The lens is made so as to prevent moisture penetration making it resistant to damage. It can be used for portraiture, landscape and studio photography.
12. Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM
- Large aperture, stabilized, standard zoom lens
- FLD glass with performance equal to fluorite
- Carrying case, lens hood, front & rear caps. Lens Construction : 17 Elements in 13 Groups
This lens has a signature Anti Shake Technology that allows you to capture images at 4 times slower shutter speed. Swift autofocus is endowed by the Hyper Sonic Motor. To prevent flare the lens has a Multilayer coating. It offers a maximum aperture of F2.8 and a working focal length ranging from 17 to 50mm. This standard zoom lens delivers sharp images with high contrast and brightness across its entire zoom range. It is known to be light and handy and therefore can be used for everyday photography.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Nikon D500
13. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art
- Designed specifically for APS-C sized sensors
- Internal focusing and zooming allows for more usability and functionality
- The 18-35mm is ideal for landscapes, portraits, still life, snap shots, casual, and close-ups
This lens uses Hyper Sonic Motor to ensure swift autofocus that is also precise. It offers a large aperture of 1.8 and is known as the best wide-angle zoom lens. It is best suited for portraits, landscapes, and casual photography.
14. Tokina 14-20mm f/2.0 AT-X Pro DX
- Nikon F Mount Lens/DX Format. 21-30mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22. One Plastic-Molded Aspherical Element
- Two Glass-Molded Aspherical SD Elements. Two Super Low Dispersion Elements
This lens is known to be super fast and it delivers ultra-sharp images. It has a zoom range equal to 21-30mm and a swift and bright aperture of F/2.0 which makes it fit for use in low light conditions.
15. Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 ATX Pro DX II
- USA Version. 3 Year Tokina Warranty included. Intended for sale within the USA.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- Two Aspheric Lens Elements Two Super-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
This lens with a constant aperture of F2.8 allows shooting in dim light conditions. 104-84 degrees is the range of angle of view for this lens and the minimum focusing distance is 11.8 inches. The lens has its own Silent focusing motor that provides autofocusing abilities to cameras that don’t have an AF motor. It delivers sharp high-quality images.
16. Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
- Ideal for landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, architecture and more.
- Focal Length : 10- 24 mm, Close focusing to 0.8 feet
- Renders a picture angle of 109 degrees through 61 degrees, equivalent to focal lengths of 15-36mm.
Compatible with DX-format DSLRs, this lens delivers sharp and wide-angle images with great levels of contrast and color. It offers a zoom range ranging from 15-36mm. The working focal length ranges from extremely wide to regular angles of view. The focusing abilities are endowed by the Internal Focus Motor and the Silent Wave motor allowing close focusing to as low as 0.8 feet.
Best Telephoto Zoom lenses for Nikon D500
17. Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
- The most compact lens in its class
- Minimum focus distance: 51.2 in (1.3m); Maximum magnification ratio: 1: 8 (at f=200mm: MFD 51.2), Focal Length 70-200 mm
- Fast F/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens
A lens designed for semi-professionals. It has a Vibration Compensation system to minimize the effects of vibration and an Ultrasonic Silent Drive that allows swift and smooth autofocus. With the image stabilization feature, this lens delivers high-quality images that are sharp and have beautiful bokeh effects. The swift f/2.8 max aperture makes it a fast lens that can produce the best results across its entire zooming range.
18. Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- Type of lens: G-type AF-S Zoom-NIKKOR lens with built-in CPU and Nikon bayonet mount
- Focal Length Range : 70 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance- 4.6 ft.(1.4 m)
- Dimensions: Approx. 87 mm dia. x 205.5 mm extension from the camera’s lens-mount flange
It is a lens that can be used by both amateurs and professionals. The lens has swift autofocus and color correction ability that helps deliver sharp high-quality images. The lens uses a constant maximum aperture which helps while shooting in low light conditions. It can be used for portraiture, photojournalism, sports and wildlife photography.
19. Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF VR
- 70 300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5 5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Internal Focus (IF) system provides fast and quiet autofocusing; 4.9 feet Minimum focus range, Focal Length Range : 70 300 mm.Two focus modes are available — M/A and M
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) minimizes effects of camera shake to produce sharper images
This lens offers focal lengths ranging from 70-300mm. It is the best choice for wildlife, sports and travel photography. It can be used on DX-format DSLRs where it offers a focal length of 105-140mm (35mm equivalency). This zoom lens offers a 4.3x zoom and delivers good quality images across its zoom range.
Best Super Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Nikon D500
20. Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports
- Maximum Aperture Range: f/3.5-6.3
- One SLD and Four FLD Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
A lens that is known to deliver high performance and razor-sharp images across its entire zoom range. It is best used to capture sports action but it can also be used to capture wildlife. The lens uses an optical stabilizer along with an accelerometer that ensures good quality images while panning in any direction. It is a standard telephoto zoom lens that uses 2 FLD and 3SLD glass elements to enhance image quality.
21. Nikon 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR
- Compact super telephoto zoom lens for birding, wildlife, motorsports, events and more
- 500 millimeter of zoom power on fx format DSLR; 750 millimeter equivalent on dx format DSLRs, minimum focus distance: 7.2 feet ( 2.2 meter), focal length range: 200 500 millimeter
- Fast f/5.6 constant aperture for beautiful out of focus backgrounds and low light performance
This lens is best known for its amazing telephoto zoom. It can be used with both FX and DX-format DSLRs. It allows you to shoot close-ups of subjects present at a distance without compromising the quality of the image. It delivers razor-sharp images across its entire zoom range.
22. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2
- AUTHORIZED USA DEALER: Tamron Authorized Dealer. INCLUDES 6-Year Warranty
- Introducing the pinnacle of ultra-telephoto zoom with advanced features for improved optical performance, functionality and usability - The SP 150-600mm G2 (Generation 2) | Tamron SP series lenses...
- Featuring better overall optical performance and faster AF speed, VC enhancements, plus Fluorine Coating, FLEX ZOOM LOCK and teleconverter compatibility.
This telephoto lens is known to have a great optical performance so you can capture moving objects even when shooting without a camera stand. The distinctive features of this lens include Euori1e Coal and Flex Zoom Lock. The lens also has a teleconverter and better vibration control. The swift autofocus allows quick yet accurate focus that helps capturing subjects in motion.
23. Nikon 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
- FX format compatible. Mount Type Nikon F Bayonet
- Focuses as close as 5.7 feet during AF operation
- Vibration Reduction
This lens can be used for a variety of shots including wildlife and action photography. This telephoto zoom lens can also be used for portraiture. It offers a wide range of focal lengths and uses Vibration Reduction technology to deliver distortion of fewer photographs. It can also be used to record HD videos in any given light condition.
Best Macro Lenses for Nikon D500
24. Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Macro
- Moisture-Proof and Dust-Resistant Construction
- Durable Fluorine Coating on the front element repels water and fingerprints
- Advanced coating technology reduces flare and ghosting ; Camera Mount Type Nikon F
This lens offers a wide focusing range starting from 11.8 inches. It offers a 1:1 magnification ratio that helps when shooting subjects that are close and small. The lens uses a Floating system to ensure high performance across the entire focusing range. The lens has swift autofocus and shows little to no chromatic aberration and delivers sharp distortion fewer images. It is the advanced version of the classic 90mm Macro lens, it blends the traditional effects to the new and better optical performance of DSLRs.
25. Nikon 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Micro
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23°20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.03 ft( 0314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
This lens is known for delivering ultra-sharp images at slower shutter speeds as it offers 3 shutter speed stops. The equivalent focal length is 157.5mm when this lens is used with DSLRs that have an APS-C sensor. The lens employs the signature Silent Wave Motor and Vibration reduction technology that helps in macro photography. The 1:1 magnification endows a wide range of working distances (from infinity to regular life-size). The lens provides great levels of image stabilization and autofocus to deliver high-quality close-up images.
26. Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro
- Macro Lens With 1:1 Magnification
- Focuses to 15"
- Optical Image Stabilization
A magnification ratio of 1:1 makes this lens capable of capturing life-size macro images. The lens employs signature Sigma technologies including a Hyper Sonic Motor, Multi-Layer coating and an optical stabilizer to ensure swift and accurate autofocusing while minimizing flare and to reduce the effects of camera movements. The lens is compatible with APO teleconverters that can increase the focal length of the lens. It has a large aperture and offers a minimum working distance of 15 inches.
27. Nikon 40mm f/2.8G Micro
- Compact and lightweight DX-format close-up lens. Lens Construction (Elements/Groups) - 9 elements in 7 groups
- Maximum reproduction ratio is 1.0x. Focal length is 40 mm
- Sharp images from infinity to life-size (1x), autofocus to 64 inches
This lens can be best used to capture detailed images including close-ups, copy and floral photography. Uses the 1:1 magnification to deliver high-quality macro shots ranging from infinity to life-size. This lens is compact and easy to carry. It is compatible with DX-format DSLRs and delivers high quality and high-resolution images with great levels of contrast.