The Nikon D5200 is a successor to the D5100 and predecessor to the D5300. Like its counterparts, it is a mid-range DSLR and performs very well. It boasts a 24 megapixels APS-C CMOS sensor powered by the Expeed image processor. It has a total of 39 focus points and the ISO settings are 100 – 6400 (25600 with boost). And Nikon D5200 is one of the best entry-level DSLR cameras. The continuous drive of 5 frames per second is also a part of the D5200. The department of the video is covered by the Full-HD 1080p resolution at 60, 50, 30, 25 and 24 fps with stereo recording.
The measurements of this DSLR are (5.08 x 3.86 x 3.07 inches and the weight is a little over 550 grams. The viewfinder of the Nikon D5200 is an optical 78one with a magnification of 0.78x and a scene coverage of 95%. The LCD is 3 inches wide. It is fully-articulated but is not touch-enabled. It has 921,000 dots on it for better display. For wireless connectivity, it only has Wi-Fi and nothing else.
Following are some the best-picked lenses for Nikon D5200 DSLR Camera.
Best All-in-one Zoom Lenses for Nikon D5200
1. Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR
- Maximum magnification of 032x
- Angle of view from 76° to 5°20'.Focal Length Range : 18 -300 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 16 ft( 048 m)
- Aperture range from f/35 to f/22
- Angle of view from 76 to 520'
Highly versatile in its performance, this lens is extraordinary in its ability to produce better results for every type of photography. It has 16.7x zooming power and with its other great features like Vibration Reduction technology and its perfect Autofocus system, you can just every in photography like wildlife, scenic shots, weddings, concerts, landscapes, indoor events and many more. You can zoom in with this lens perfectly and without compromising the picture quality, you can take close-up shots and capture your favorite singer or your favorite sportsman in the field while doing an amazing performance. its Vibration Reduction technology helps to keep balanced sharpness in pictures and its fast and accurate Autofocus system reduces the noise in your shots and makes them more beautiful and smooth for you. This lens is compatible with DX-format DSLR cameras and it’s the perfect all-in-one telephoto zoom lens with marvelous results that will surely pick your eyes in a glance. Its additional features are its compact design, strong build, easy to carry and its lightweight.
2. Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
- One-lens solution adept in a wide variety of situations
- Focal length range: 18 -200 mm, minimum focus Distance: 1.6 ft.
- Two extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements; three aspherical lens elements
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM), Nikon VR II (vibration reduction) image stabilization
- Focus to 20 inches for extended versatility, filter thread: 72 mm.Maximum angle of view (dx-format)76°.minimum angle of view (DX-format) 8°
Compatible with DX-format DSLR cameras, this lens can produce an immense high-level image quality in photos and give awesome results in videos. This is an all-rounder lens which can do every type of photography due to its high-level zoom power which 18-200mm which is perfect for landscapes, sports and many other types. The only major drawback it has that it cannot support some kinds of telephotos photography. But nevertheless, it is still one of the best for your photography passion especially if you desire to take it with you during your tours, just go for it, you won’t regret your decision.
Best Wide-Angle Prime Lenses for Nikon D5200
3. Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
- The Sigma 20mm F1.4 DG HSM can be considered as the culmination of the Art line in relation with F1.4 series
The only lens to stand in wide-angle prime lenses, this lens draws superb performance in your photos and videos. Featuring with a focal length of 20mm and maximum aperture f/1.4, this lens can produce outstanding bokeh effect with superb brightness in your captures. Due to its wide-angle capabilities, this lens is an ideal choice for landscapes, seascapes, cityscapes, portraits, indoor photography and many more. And low light is certainly not a problem because this lens can cope with low light conditions very easily.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Nikon D5200
4. Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
- Ideal for landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, architecture and more.
- Focal Length : 10- 24 mm, Close focusing to 0.8 feet
- Renders a picture angle of 109 degrees through 61 degrees, equivalent to focal lengths of 15-36mm.
- SWM enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus operation., For superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration.
- Aspherical lens elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration, even when used at the widest aperture.Accepts Filter Type:Screw-on
This lens has the zooming power which is equivalent to 15-36mm on a 35mm camera and can provide coverage almost all over the entire range of useful focal length from the normal field of view to ultra-wide. With its Autofocus system and its amazing capabilities to produce a beautiful creative edge to your photos, this lens is the best option you can have for your photographic needs to capture HD photos and videos of landscapes, seascapes, cityscapes, interiors, architectures and many more with amazing sharpness, beautiful contrast, and outstanding color balance. This lens features 109° angle of view on a 10mm wide end which is nearly equal to fisheye, which makes this powerful enough to provide awesome HD photos and videos.
5. Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 ATX Pro DX II
- USA Version. 3 Year Tokina Warranty included. Intended for sale within the USA.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- Two Aspheric Lens Elements Two Super-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
- Multi-Layer Coating 77mm Filter Thread
This lens features an angle of view of 104-84° with a focus limit up to 11.8”. It’s fast, accurate, super bright and smooth maximum aperture f/2.8 makes it able to autofocus clearly while zooming in and in low light conditions without compromising the sharpness level in photos and hence make it able to shoot perfect pictures even over slow-moving models perfectly. Its internal focusing option makes it able to autofocus even in those Nikon bodies which do not have AF drive gear and motor. With its lighter weight, easy to carry and reasonable size options, this lens is a really good addition in the lens market.
6. Tokina 14-20mm f/2.0 AT-X Pro DX
- Nikon F Mount Lens/DX Format. 21-30mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22. One Plastic-Molded Aspherical Element
- Two Glass-Molded Aspherical SD Elements. Two Super Low Dispersion Elements
- Multi-Layer Anti-Reflection Coating. Internal Focus; One-Touch Focus Clutch
- Nine-Blade Diaphragm
With a zooming power of 21-30mm, this is the fastest and insanely sharp lens ever to be made by Tokina. Its ultra-bright maximum aperture f/2.0 enables its owners to shoot even in low light conditions without compromising on image quality. it comes with size and weight that makes it easy to handle and its results are very much appreciated.
Best Macro Lenses for Nikon D5200
7. Nikon 40mm f/2.8G Micro
- Compact and lightweight DX-format close-up lens. Lens Construction (Elements/Groups) - 9 elements in 7 groups
- Maximum reproduction ratio is 1.0x. Focal length is 40 mm
- Sharp images from infinity to life-size (1X), Autofocus to 64 inches
- Close-Range Correction System (CRC). Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Angle of view is 38 degree 50 feet. Features focus distance indicator 0.53 feet to infinity having minimum focus distance as 0.53 feet
With its ability to provide true magnification (1:1) for close-up shots, this lens is an ideal choice for close-up photography, delicate collectibles, flowers, nature, portraits, landscapes and much more other whose complete definition is necessary to be shown in your shots. This lens is small enough to carry and it is compatible with DX-format DSLR cameras. With its standard focal length, this lens can provide an amazing resolution from life-size (1x) to infinity. This lens is an excellent addition in the lens market.
8. Nikon 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Micro
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23°20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 10 ft( 0314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens. Maximum Reproduction Ratio : 1.0x
- Weighs 279 ounces, and measures 33 x 45 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)
Planning to level up your photography game and want to move on to full frame photography, go for this one. The only drawback it has that it is a little expensive. But nevertheless, this masterpiece will certainly level up your passion.
Best Portrait Lenses for Nikon D5200
9. Nikon 50mm f/1.4G
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 58mm filters
- Minimum focus Distance : 0.45m/17.72 Inches. Lens Hood: HB-47
- Nikon F mount for FX and DX DSLRs. Unparalleled autofocus performance.Mount Type: Nikon F-Bayonet
- Lens not zoomable
With its outstanding optical formula and smooth and fast maximum aperture f/1.4, this lens can cover all kinds of photography like travel, environment, indoor events and general photography. This lens is compatible with DX-format DSLR cameras and it is on top of the list for all portrait shots lovers. So, it is highly suggestive for portrait photographers.
10. Nikon 85mm f/1.8G
- Fast aperture medium telephoto lens
- Internal Focus, Focal Length: 85 mm, Minimum Focus Range: 0.80 m
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM). Number of diaphragm blades:7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- M/A focus mode switch
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
It is compatible with DX and FX-format DSLR cameras. This lens features an Internal Focus system which is fast, smooth and quite accurate to produce clear, sharp and steady images throughout the entire aperture range. It can give an outstanding sharpness and beautiful bokeh effect to your photos. Its aperture is quite awesome to take stills and D-Movie HD videos even in low light conditions. Other types of photography in which this lens has expertise are portraitures, family weddings, school events, concerts and many more. This is an excellent lens.
Best Standard Prime Lenses for Nikon D5200
11. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 35mm focal length, 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 56mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum, This model is compatible with all current Nikon cameras (both DX and FX)
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 67mm filters,0.30m/11.81" minimum focus. Maximum Magnifications-1:5.2. Angle of View-63.4º
- Available in Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF3, Sony Alpha, Sigma SA mounts. Please refer the User Manual which is in the Product Box before use.
This lens has many plus points. Its affordable price, its strong, solid and durable build, its fast, smooth, accurate Autofocus system are the features which have already made this lens as the best on many review sites. This is really a charm in the lens market and if you don’t need weather sealing, then this lens is the best option for your camera bag. It is highly suggestive for all photographers to must have this one if they really want to make some awesome and beautiful shots.
12. Nikon 35mm f/1.8G
- F Mount Lens/DX Format. Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format - 44 degree
- 52.5mm (35mm Equivalent). Rear Focusing; Manual Focus Override
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to 22 ; Dimensions(approx.):Approx. 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent Wave Motor AF System. Accepts filter type is screw on
- Compatible formats is dx and fx in dx crop mode.Maximum Reproduction Ratio:0.16x
This lens also has some remarkable features which make it very competitive in the lens market. With this affordable price, this lens comes with a fast and super bright maximum aperture f/1.8 that makes it possible for this lens to do photography even in low light conditions with such level of picture quality that you would surely appreciate. It also has an aspherical which helps to reduce every kind of aberrations, distortions and picture anomalies. So, summarizing our discussion here, if you want a lens partner for your all walk-in purposes, you can just simply pick this one without giving a second thought because it is an ideal choice for travel, environment, portrait, street, landscapes and general photography.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Nikon D5200
13. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art
- Designed specifically for APS-C sized sensors
- Internal focusing and zooming allows for more usability and functionality
- The 18-35mm is ideal for landscapes, portraits, still life, snap shots, casual, and close-ups
- Angle of view (SD1):76.5º-44.2º
With its large maximum aperture f/1.8, this lens has set its standard as a point of reference among other lenses by becoming the first lens to have such a large aperture. You can shoot every type of photos with this lens like landscapes, portraits, snapshots, causals and even close-up shots with perfect image quality. This lens has the Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) which makes it able to provide accurate, smooth and beautiful Autofocus in no time. This lens is a must-to-buy thing for all photographers. You must have this in bag pack otherwise you won’t be able to call yourself a passionate photographer.
14. Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM
- Large aperture, stabilized, standard zoom lens
- FLD glass with performance equal to fluorite
- Carrying case, lens hood, front & rear caps. Lens Construction : 17 Elements in 13 Groups
- OS is not available in Pentax and Sony mounts.
- Maximum Magnifications 1:5, Minimum Focusing Distance 28 cm / 11 in
With its large maximum aperture f/2.8, this lens can do an awesome level of photography. This lens features focal length which ranges from 17-50mm which is equivalent to 26-27mm and it can zoom in throughout the entire aperture range. Its capabilities like producing beautiful contrast and sharpness in photos at all levels of aperture, its ability to produce an extraordinary brightness in photos even in low light conditions, its compact design, its solid build and its ability to cover all ranges of photography like weddings, indoor events and many more with its specialty lying in landscapes and portrait photography has made this lens an ideal choice for all your photographic needs. So, don’t waste your time and must go for this one as this will be a worthy addition in lens collection.
15. Nikon 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
- Versatile FX-format wide-angle (18mm) to standard (35mm) zoom lens
- Focal Length : 18-35 mm, Focus as close as 0.92 ft. from your subject
- Excellent choice for travel and architecture, landscape and everyday photography as well as HD-Video applications
- Nikon's exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing with seamless manual override
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and Aspherical (AS) glass elements ensure superior sharpness, color correction and other types of chromatic aberation.Maximum Angle of View (DX-format):76°
With its 18mm wide-angle capability, this lens has opened an option for all of us to capture even more of what we see in any scenic frame. Just zoom all the way in and you can even get a natural 35mm view which is perfect for all types of photos and videos. Its additional features which surely make you fall in love with one are its compact design, its lightweight, its strong build, its durability and its easy-to-carry character makes it able for its customers to carry it with them all the time and do general photography as well as special kinds of photography like architecture, landscapes, portraits and indoor events and many more. This lens is the best option for travel photography as well.
16. Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR DІ-II VC LD Aspherical (IF)
- Compact Fast Zoom with VC (Vibration Compensation).
- Fast Constant F/2.8 Aperture.
- For use on APS-C size DSLR cameras.
- 11.4-Inch minimum focusing distance / 1: 4.8 Maximum magnification ratio.
- Internal Focusing.
Covering the focal length of 17-50mm, this lens is a highly versatile and multi-purpose type of lens. its ability to clear images even in maximum zoom is remarkable. Not just a perfectionist in providing clarity in photos, this lens is very much appreciable due to its ability high-quality sharpness and contrast to the photos and videos throughout the entire range of focal length and aperture. Its fast, smooth, accurate maximum aperture f/2.8 draws beautiful and superb brightness in photos and videos even in low light conditions. It has the additional feature of Aesthetic control which further nourishes the expressions in photos making them very much attractive. This lens is very much popular among its peers and it is highly recommended for all photographers.
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Nikon D5200
17. Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF VR
- 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Internal Focus (IF) system provides fast and quiet autofocusing; 4.9-feet Minimum focus range, Focal Length Range : 70 -300 mm.Two focus modes are available - M/A and M
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) minimizes effects of camera shake to produce sharper images
- 2 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements delivers super contrast and resolution performance
- Lens, frond and real cap, HB-36 Hood and CL-1022 Pouch / Packaging type : White box(Bulk Packaging)
This lens is compatible with DX-format DSLR cameras and its focal length ranges from 70-300mm and equivalency of 105-450mm when used on 35mm camera. Offering the shutter speed stops of 2.5, this lens helps in capturing the perfect zoom in shots even in low light conditions. This lens can offer a 4.3x zooming capability to its customers. This lens is a good option if you are planning to do sports, weddings, wildlife and general photography as this lens is an all-rounder for all your needs.
18. Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
- The most compact lens in its class
- Minimum focus distance: 51.2 in (1.3m); Maximum magnification ratio: 1: 8 (at f=200mm: MFD 51.2), Focal Length 70-200 mm
- Fast F/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens
- New VC anti-shake mechanism with 4-stop advantage.
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) for quick and quiet focusing. Internal Focusing (IF) System
This lens is compatible with FX-format DSLR cameras and it’s the lens which is recommended for all pro level camera users as this lens has some highly efficient and remarkable options and features. This lens has Vibration Compensation (VC) stabilization and Ultrasonic Silent Drive (USD) technologies. Its VC image stabilization helps to reduce all the shakiness in photos and maintain the perfect and clear focus on the image while its USD system makes it able to provide accurate and perfect Autofocus all the time even while zooming in up to the maximum limit. It has fast maximum aperture f/2.8 and besides all these features, this lens has the strong build and compact design and can also create an amazing bokeh effect in your photos and its results are very much appreciating.
19. Nikon 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
- Lightweight and portable at just 29.3 oz and a mere 7.0-in. long
- Focal Length Range : 70 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.28 ft.
- Optimized for capturing high-quality stills and HD videos on both FX- and DX-format cameras
- Nikon's high-performance f/4 fixed aperture zoom lens. Weight- Approx-30.0 pounds. 20 elements in 14 groups (including 3 ED lens elements, one HRI lens element and lens elements with Nano-Crystal coatings)
With its fast, excelling, and powerful maximum aperture f/4, you can capture beautiful shots with perfect and clear exposure throughout the entire zoom range. This feature helps its owners to capture HD videos and photos. It has a broad focal length, lighter weight, compact design and strong build. All these features make this lens a very good performer among other lenses in the market. This lens is a portable one, so it is easy to carry it anywhere you want so, if you want to do your travel photography, just go for this one.
20. Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II
- Compact telephoto zoom that's great for action, people and travel. Metering - Full aperture
- Focal Length Range : 55 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.7 ft. ( 1.1 m). Maximum angle of view (DX-format): 28°50', Minimum angle of view (DX-format): 8°
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior color quality while reducing ghosting and lens flare
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass nearly eliminates optical distortion, while a rounded seven-blade diaphragm makes out of focus elements look more natural
- Nikon Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization provides 4.0 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images, steadier HD videos and enhanced low-light performance
This telephoto zoom lens has all the properties of good lenses and it can do all types of photography like landscapes, portraits, weddings, indoor events, etc. And with all these features, it has an extra addition in its features that is an affordable one in the lens market. So, if you have a limited budget, just go for this.
Best Super Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Nikon D5200
21. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD
- VC (Vibration Compensation) , Angle of View diagonal 16゜25' - 4゜8' for full-frame format 10゜38' - 2゜40' for APS-C format
- Minimum Focus Distance of 2.7m (106.3in), Focal Length : 150-600mm
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), New eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating
- Moisture-resistant construction
- Advanced Optical Technology.Max. Magnification Ratio:1:5
With a zoom range of 150-500mm and a focal range of equivalent to 233-930 mm (when used with APC-C sensor camera), this lens is has set the benchmark in the lens market. It has stunning features like highly advanced lens coatings to produce ultimately the high-quality sharpness and contrast in photos and videos, fast, smooth, quite accurate Autofocus system and highly advanced image stabilization system. It is an ideal choice for wildlife photography where you can capture beautiful birds chirping and for your well sports where you can catch closely your favorite soccer player in the field. Also with this lens, you can all other types of photography like weddings, travel, indoor events, landscapes and many more. This is an excellent lens and it is highly recommended to all camera users.
22. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2
- New FLEX ZOOM LOCK mechanism enables the locking of the zoom ring at any position
- Fluorine Coating and improved Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Lightweight and easy-to-hold tripod mount is compatible with an Arce-Swiss style quick release plate
- AF speed is faster and much more responsive with moving subjects
- VC performance is 4.5 stops (VC mode 3) and offers three modes optimized for different shooting situations
Having the only drawback of higher price, this lens is truly a masterpiece by Tamron. It features the best optical performance, higher in quality and more faster Autofocus system, long-zooming range, much more improved Vibration Compensation (VC) system, Europe 1e coal g, Flex Zoom Lock and teleconverter. All these features with addition to its lighter weight, durability, strong build, and user-friendliness, this lens is an extraordinary performer in making your photos and videos more perfect and more beautiful.