We break down the top lens options for the enthusiast D7200 from wide angle to telephoto
Great cameras need great lenses. This up-front review guide looks at the best lenses for Nikon D7200 cameras. After all, this is Nikon’s top DX-line in DSLRs – so it deserves some serious attention.
Nikon D7200 is the top DX-format DSLR camera in the Nikon line. It is the best compact and lightweight DSLR camera which lets you upgrade to a new shooting platform this camera is a must-have for your camera bag to start-off your photography avocation.
This camera lets you capture fast actions even in low light with perfect clarity so regardless of your lighting conditions this camera will not compromise image quality as it has a powerful 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor with no OLPF, capable of producing images with maximum sharpness in nearly all and any shooting scenario.
It is combined with the new EXPEED 4 Image Processing engine so that the Nikon D7200 can render sharp images and HD videos at any dynamic range, with the added benefit of extremely precise autofocus and metering. To shoot with the D7200 as per your liking you can explore a wide variety of lenses; following are some praised and useful lenses you can exploit with.
Best Lenses for Nikon D7200 DSLR camera
Full List of Recommended Nikon D7200 Lenses
All-in-one Lenses | Macro Lenses | Portrait Lenses | Standard Prime Lenses | Wide-angle Zoom Lenses | Standard Zoom Lenses | Telephoto Zoom Lenses
Best All-in-one Zoom Lenses for Nikon D7200
1. Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR
- Maximum magnification of 032x
- Angle of view from 76 degree to 5 degree 20'.Focal Length Range : 18 300 millimeter, Minimum Focus Distance : 16 feet ( 048 meter)
- Aperture range from f/35 to f/22
The Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR is an outstanding all-in-one telephoto zoom that can capture about anything with a stunning grace all by itself. This lens knows no boundaries and can do it all! It uses a vibration reduction technology to attain clear photos and steady videos in addition to having a fast and quiet Auto Focus system to reduce any camera noise while shooting. It is the only lens you need to completely exploit the D7200 as you can capture any sort of still, landscape, close-up or portrait and even record videos whether they may be of fast running athletes or rock stars jamming to their music; Its notably compact for a 16.7x zoom-in lens and draws great performance from Nikon DX-format DSLRs.
2. Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
- One-lens solution adept in a wide variety of situations
- Focal length range: 18 -200 mm, minimum focus Distance: 1.6 ft.
- Two extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements; three aspherical lens elements
The Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II is considered to be an all-purpose versatile and convenient because of its high image quality and an immense zoom-in range, that is 18mm to 200mm which are suitable for capturing landscapes and athletics respectively. It is also compatible with DX-format DSLRs but, it does not have a perfect telephoto which makes the lens suitable for all sorts of surroundings. But, for travel, as an all-in-one lens and a walk-around lens, Nikon 18-200mm is a perfect choice.
Best Macro Lenses for Nikon D7200
3. Nikon 40mm f/2.8G Micro
- Compact and lightweight DX-format close-up lens. Lens Construction (Elements/Groups) - 9 elements in 7 groups
- Maximum reproduction ratio is 1.0x. Focal length is 40 mm
- Sharp images from infinity to life-size (1X), Autofocus to 64 inches
This lens while being quite small is best known for capturing general close-ups, portraits, landscapes, and intricately detailed designs. Nikon 40mm f/2.8G allows its users to get true 1:1 magnification for extreme close-up photographs. However, its standard focal length lens provides high resolution and contrast from infinity to life-size (1X), which is known as its best feature.
4. Nikon 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Micro
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23°20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 10 ft( 0314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
The Nikon 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR is a macro lens which is the first of its kind as it features two of Nikon’s latest technologies at once that is Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR) designed especially for close-up and macro photography; suitable for all photographic conditions. The VR system offers a three shutter speed which enables the use of slower shutter speeds while still maintaining image sharpness, even in low light. It is an incredible Macro Lens; it has a medium telephoto which is ideal for extreme close-up and portrait photography even when working at extreme distances and also has autofocus from infinity to life-size (1:1). Moreover, when this lens is used on cameras with an APS-C size sensor, the equivalent focal length is 157.5mm.
Best Portrait Lenses for Nikon D7200
5. Nikon 50mm f/1.4G
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 58mm filters
- Minimum focus Distance : 0.45m/17.72 Inches. Lens Hood: HB-47
It is the best lens for clicking portraits. This lens is ideal for taking portraits on a Nikon DX-format DSLR in all sorts of surroundings and lighting conditions, let it be a formal event or just general portraits, it can capture all; as it uses an excellent optical formula and an ultra-fast f/1.4 maximum aperture.
6. Nikon 85mm f/1.8G
- Fast aperture medium telephoto lens
- Internal Focus, Focal Length: 85 mm, Minimum Focus Range: 0.80 m
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM). Number of diaphragm blades:7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
This lens provides high image quality and is considered a good investment for DX and FX. It develops a concise, high-end portrait with Nikon’s Internal Focus (IF) technology which provides fast and quiet Auto Focus at all apertures. Its fast maximum aperture is best for taking stills or recording HD videos under a variety of different lightings such as at weddings or concerts. Additionally, it is a compact lens to have in your camera bag which also provides a remarkable bokeh.
Best Standard Prime Lenses for Nikon D7200
7. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 35mm focal length, 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 56mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum, This model is compatible with all current Nikon cameras (both DX and FX)
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art is a must have for your camera bag; it’s a high-quality prime wide-angle lens perfectly designed for Nikon DSLR cameras. It has a fast, floating, inner focusing system and Hyper Sonic Motor for quick and accurate focus, and also has a bright f/1.4 maximum aperture which makes it especially suitable for professional photographers and discerning photography enthusiasts for low-light photography, night photography, landscape photography, photojournalism, events and wedding photography. It is a perfect choice if you don’t need a weather-sealing body.
8. Nikon 35mm f/1.8G
- F Mount Lens/DX Format. Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35 millimeter Equivalent). Rear Focusing; Manual Focus Override
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to 22 ; Dimensions(approx.):Approx. 70 x 52.5 millimeter
The Nikon 35mm f/1.8G has a compact, lightweight design with high resolution and picture quality at an affordable price. It has an f/1.8 maximum aperture which is very useful in low-light situations. Also, it has a spherical element to help control distortion and aberrations of any kind which makes it a perfect lens for travel, environmental portraits, street and general photography at an affordable price.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Nikon D7200
9. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art
- Designed specifically for APS-C sized sensors
- Internal focusing and zooming allows for more usability and functionality
- The 18-35mm is ideal for landscapes, portraits, still life, snap shots, casual, and close-ups
The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art is a highly recommended lens to buy for your Nikon D7200. The Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 DC HSM Art lens is a new benchmark in photographic history and a must have for every camera bag. It is the first wide-angle to a standard, zoom lens that can achieve a large aperture of 1.8. The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 Art is ideal for landscapes, portraits, stills, casual shots, and close-ups as it has a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) which ensures smooth, fast and accurate autofocusing and high image quality.
10. Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
- Ideal for landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, architecture and more.
- Focal Length : 10- 24 mm, Close focusing to 0.8 feet
- Renders a picture angle of 109 degrees through 61 degrees, equivalent to focal lengths of 15-36mm.
The Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G offers two technologies at once that are Internal Focus (IF) and Nikon’s SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast and pin-point focusing up to 0.8 feet. This lens is Nikon’s best DX format wide-angle lens; it has a wider range and sharp picture quality than any other lens which makes it the best for landscape and architecture photography along with admirable colors and contrasts. And the lens’ zoom range is equivalent to 15-36mm on a 35mm camera and covers virtually all of the useful focal lengths from ultra-wide to a normal field of view.
11. Tokina 14-20mm f/2.0 AT-X Pro DX:
- Nikon F Mount Lens/DX Format. 21-30mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22. One Plastic-Molded Aspherical Element
- Two Glass-Molded Aspherical SD Elements. Two Super Low Dispersion Elements
Being the fastest lens ever made by Tokina it also captures extremely precise images. The fast F/2.0 aperture lens offers an equivalent 21-30mm zoom range. The super-bright, constant F/2.0 aperture makes viewing, autofocus and shooting possible even in very low light surroundings.
12. Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 ATX Pro DX II:
- USA Version. 3 Year Tokina Warranty included. Intended for sale within the USA.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- Two Aspheric Lens Elements Two Super-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
This compact lens has an ultra wide-angle zoom with a bright constant F2.8 aperture which makes viewing and auto focus possible in all lighting situations. Its angle of view ranges from 104-84° and it can focus as close as 11.8″. It has an internal silent focusing motor which allows the lens to use autofocus even on Nikon bodies. Having a Fast f/2.8 constant maximum aperture is a clear advantage for low light shooting over slower models and yet it possesses incredible sharpness levels.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Nikon D7200
13. Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM
- Large aperture, stabilized, standard zoom lens
- FLD glass with performance equal to fluorite
- Carrying case, lens hood, front & rear caps. Lens Construction : 17 Elements in 13 Groups
The Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM is a large-aperture, standard zoom lens which covers a 17-50mm focal length (equivalent to 26-75mm) and offers a large aperture of F2.8 throughout the entire zoom range, so this lens could be used in different sorts of photography such as for covering formal events, weddings and even press photography. Sigma’s anti shake feature offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower, in addition, HSM provides fast and quiet AF. Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM’s Multi-Layer coating reduces all flares and ghosting and provides fast and quiet autofocusing. This lens boasts perfect peripheral brightness and provides sharp, contrast images even at maximum apertures. Moreover, it is a compact lens and a must have for your camera bag.
14. Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR DI-II VC LD Aspherical (IF)
- Built in motor for use on the new Nikon Cameras
- Includes lens hood, 67mm filter size
- 2.9 inches in diameter and 3.2 inches long
The new SP 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC covers the 17-50mm focal length range, making it extremely versatile. Its wide aperture and outstanding performance provide practical advantages in low-light shooting and in image control, thereby enriching the subject’s expressions. This new lens delivers impressive sharpness and striking contrasts over its entire focal-length and aperture range, and at its maximum aperture of f/2.8, it produces stunning images enhanced by shallow depth of field. The new lens is equipped with Tamron’s Vibration Compensation (VC) and image stabilization mechanism, which controls all and any effects of camera shake in three planes. VC provides more opportunities for sharp hand-held photography at the slow shutter speeds which are needed when shooting in low-light conditions so it dramatically enhances the user’s level of photographic freedom.
15. Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM
- 17-70mm focal length
- F2.8-4 maximum aperture; F22-22 minimum. Image stabilization
- 72mm filters. 0.22m/8.66" minimum focus
The Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM is the perfect all-purpose, travel lens. It has a great focal length and macro capability; the 17-70mm F2.8-4 is also equipped with a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) and an Optical Stabilizer (OS) for superior image quality. The HSM ensures quiet, accurate, and fast autofocusing while the OS compensates for camera shake when shooting with the camera in hand. It’s surprisingly compact in size for a large-aperture lens that opens up to F2.8. This lens is designed in such a way that you carry it around with you all the time. Moreover, it is known to deliver the best, high-quality photographs.
Best Telephoto Zoom lenses for Nikon D7200
16. Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF VR
- 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Internal Focus (IF) system provides fast and quiet autofocusing; 4.9-feet Minimum focus range, Focal Length Range : 70 -300 mm.Two focus modes are available — M/A and M
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) minimizes effects of camera shake to produce sharper images
This lens is a versatile, lightweight telephoto zoom lens. Ideal for shooting wildlife, travel diaries, sporting events and even general photography. It offers a 4.3x zoom with a focal length range of 70-300mm and a 35mm equivalency of 105-450mm when used on DX-format DSLRs. It also provides the equivalence of 2.5 shutter speed stops to help in capturing sharper images in low light or at extended zoom lengths.
17. Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II
- Compact telephoto zoom that's great for action, people and travel. Metering - Full aperture
- Focal Length Range : 55 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.7 ft. ( 1.1 m). Maximum angle of view (DX-format): 28°50', Minimum angle of view (DX-format): 8°
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior color quality while reducing ghosting and lens flare
The Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II is a versatile and compact telephoto zoom lens that is well-suited for portraiture, sports and wildlife photography also ideal for travel and everyday photography use. Its versatile zoom range goes from 55mm, which is great for portraits, group shots and has an extraordinary telephoto zoom up to 200mm for capturing close-ups on the sports field, school events, formal events and more.
18. Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
- The most compact lens in its class
- Minimum focus distance: 51.2 in (1.3m); Maximum magnification ratio: 1: 8 (at f=200mm: MFD 51.2), Focal Length 70-200 mm
- Fast F/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens
This Tamron lens highly recommended as it is a superior lens among many others as its resulting sharpness is pretty impressive. According to DxOMark test results, Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD is the best zoom lens tested on Nikon D7200. It is the most compact, high-speed telephoto zoom lens with VC (Vibration Compensation), image stabilization and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) while delivering superior mobility and enabling photographers to capture the previously unattainable shots. Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 DI VC USD delivers leading-edge image quality even though it has a small body, unlike any other telephoto lens which resultantly makes the Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 DI VC USD the best in its class.
19. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD
- VC (Vibration Compensation) , Angle of View diagonal 16゜25' - 4゜8' for full-frame format 10゜38' - 2゜40' for APS-C format
- Minimum Focus Distance of 2.7m (106.3in), Focal Length : 150-600mm
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), New eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating
This lens has the best telephoto zoom while also featuring image stabilization, fast and quiet autofocus, and advanced lens coatings for sharp, contrasted photos. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD lens is best suited for sports and wildlife photography, as well as for landscapes. It has a built-in tripod. On an APC-C sensor camera, its focal range is equivalent to 233-930mm. This lens with D7200 can capture the beauty of wildlife, travel diaries, architecture, exciting sports actions and close-ups with this high-performance 150-600mm long-range zoom.