The Nikon D7500 is an excellent DSLR which boasts a 21 megapixels APS-C CMOS sensor which is powered by the Expeed 5 image processing engine. It has a total of 51 focus points and the focal length multiplier is 1.5x. The ISO settings are 100 – 51200 (expandable to 50 – 1640000) and the burst shooters would love a continuous drive of 8 frames per second.
The department of the video is also pretty decent as the Nikon D7500 can easily shoot videos in the blistering 4K resolution at 30p, 25p, and 24p. It measures at 5.35 x 4.09 x 2.87 inches and weighs a little more than 715 grams. A lot of different lenses designed for different purposes can be attached to the D7500 so that the users could expand their photography experiences with numerous lenses.
That is why we have compiled a list of the best lenses of every kind which the users could attach to this wonderful device. Have a look.
Best Lenses for Nikon D7500 DSLR camera
Full List of Recommended Nikon D7500 Lenses
All-in-one Lenses | Macro Lenses | Portrait Lenses | Standard Prime Lenses | Standard Zoom Lenses | Wide-angle Prime Lenses | Wide-angle Zoom Lenses| Telephoto Zoom Lenses | Super Telephoto Zoom
Best All-in-one Zoom Lenses for Nikon D7500
1. Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR
- Maximum magnification of 032x
- Angle of view from 76 degree to 5 degree 20'.Focal Length Range : 18 300 millimeter, Minimum Focus Distance : 16 feet ( 048 meter)
- Aperture range from f/35 to f/22
This lens by Nikon is so versatile that almost all the basic needs of different photography kinds would be covered by it. It is super compact and extremely lightweight with a 16.7x zoom which you are not going to find in this size and weight. When attached with any Nikon DX-Format DSLR including the D7500, it performs astonishingly well. From taking random stills to landscapes, concerts and other outdoor to indoor images, this lens is highly recommended. The Vibration Reduction technology allows you to take handheld photos without any motion or jerks. The fast and quiet autofocus removes all the unnecessary noise during video recording.
2. Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
- One-lens solution adept in a wide variety of situations
- Focal length range: 18 -200 mm, minimum focus Distance: 1.6 ft.
- Two extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements; three aspherical lens elements
Another decent and popular lens for the D7500. It has a wide zoom range, from 18mm to 20mm allowing you to cover landscapes, sports, and architectures of all kinds. It boasts excellent crispiness and sharpness at tele and wide end. It is completely compatible with all DX-Format DSLRs from Nikon. However, this lens does not have the reach for certain types of telephoto photography which is kind of a bummer. Overall speaking, this lens is great of travel and all-in-one walkaround lens and you should definitely consider before making a choice.
Best Macro Lenses for Nikon D7500
3. Nikon 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Micro
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23°20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 10 ft( 0314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
This medium telephoto Micro lens is a good option for those kinds of images and videos in which you want to get an extremely close shot and portrait shots with greater working distances and AF from infinity to life-size (1:1). Any kind of camera movement at this magnification is also amplified, therefore, the image stabilization becomes crucial. This lens is the first ever macro lens to have Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and Vibration Reduction (VR).
The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) is basically a technology which drives the NIKKOR lens focus mechanism to enable high-speed but ultra-quiet autofocus operation and the Vibration Reduction (VR) is an image stabilization technology that minimizes blur caused by camera shake. These two technologies make this lens one of the most prominent lenses in its respective category. When the lens is used on a camera with an APS-C sensor, the equivalent focal length it offers is 157.5mm.
4. Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Macro
- Moisture-Proof and Dust-Resistant Construction
- Durable Fluorine Coating on the front element repels water and fingerprints
- Advanced coating technology reduces flare and ghosting
Allowing a life-size maximum magnification ratio of 1:1, this lens is extremely well when you are working with tiny or nearby subjects. It incorporates a “Floating System” for enhanced image quality throughout the 11.8″ to infinity focusing range. It is built in a brilliant way and is capable of working with the latest high-resolution DSLRs offering excellent quality.
5. Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro
- Macro Lens With 1:1 Magnification
- Focuses to 15"
- Optical Image Stabilization
Another super compact and an extremely lightweight telephoto lens with a large aperture. Capable of a life-size (1:1) magnification, this lens his highly optimized with an ideal focal length. It boasts the popular Sigma technology paired with Optical Stabilizer (OS), Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) and Super Multi-Layer Coating. The Optical Stabilizer (OS) allows for the reduction in camera shake and vibration, the HSM ensures accurate, quiet, high-speed autofocusing while the OS compensates for camera shake whereas the Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting. The 150mm f/2.8 can macro focus up to 1:1 magnification ratio at the closest distance of up to 11 inches.
Best Portrait Lenses for Nikon D7500
6. Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- The Sigma 85mm 1.4 DG HSM Art is the latest addition to the world renowned Sigma Global Vision Line
- It has equipped newly designed hyper sonic motor (HSM) for nimble AF control, 1.3 times better torque of its predecessor
- Compatible with the Enthusiast APS-C Nikon D7100, D7200, D500, and D3100, D3200, D3300, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500 DSLR Cameras. Also compatible with Nikon Full-Frame DF, D600, D610, D750, D800, D810,...
This is a superb portrait lens offering excellent booked effect and detailed focus allowing you to even focus on the pupils of an individual’s eyes while making the eyelashes blurry. This lens is widely appraised by the critics and the photographers worldwide and is labeled as an ideal lens for professional photographers and discerning photography enthusiasts who want to do a portrait, low-light, landscape and wedding photography.
7. Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 50mm focal length, Lens not zoomable
- 75mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
This lens is similar to the lens described above except for the difference in the 50mm. It also performs astonishingly well and is well-suited for all the professionals and enthusiasts who want to test their limits thanks to the fast f/1.4 aperture.
8. Nikon 50mm f/1.4G
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 58mm filters
- Minimum focus Distance : 0.45m/17.72 Inches. Lens Hood: HB-47
Another brilliant portrait lens capable of working with all Nikon DX-Format DSLRs. It is an ideal lens for travel and formal events as it is capable of working in different situations. More or less, it is similar to the Sigma lens just described above.
9. Nikon 85mm f/1.8G
- Fast aperture medium telephoto lens
- Internal Focus, Focal Length: 85 mm, Minimum Focus Range: 0.80 m
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM). Number of diaphragm blades:7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
This is one of the finest portrait lens currently available for the D7500. It offers crispier and sharp images with excellent bokeh effect. It has Nikon’s Internal Focus (IF) due to which the autofocus is faster and quieter producing sharp and bright images and all apertures. The fast maximum aperture of f/1.8 is great for low light, head and shoulder portraiture, weddings or concerts.
Best Standard Prime Lenses for Nikon D7500
10. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 35mm focal length, 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 56mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum, This model is compatible with all current Nikon cameras (both DX and FX)
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
According to critics and professionals, this lens is a “must-have” in your kit. It is the most famous standard prime lens currently available in the market as it performs extremely well alongside silent focusing and durable build. Although it does not have any weather-sealing it is also economically priced making it an attractive alternative against its counterparts.
11. Nikon 35mm f/1.8G
- F Mount Lens/DX Format. Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35 millimeter Equivalent). Rear Focusing; Manual Focus Override
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to 22 ; Dimensions(approx.):Approx. 70 x 52.5 millimeter
Having a compact and extremely lightweight design, this lens has the highest reproduction capability the finest picture quality. The f/1.8 maximum aperture performs astonishingly well in low-light and it has one aspherical element to help control distortion and aberrations. Not to mention the economical price, this lens is ideal for travel, environmental portrait, street and general photography.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Nikon D7500
12. Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR
- Fast f/2.8 constant aperture with an electromagnetic diaphragm
- Sensational image quality and sharpness with virtually no distortion, Focal Length Range : 24 to 70 millimeter
- Minimum Focus Distance : 35 to 50 millimeter focal length : 1.2 feet (0.38 meter) from focal plane; 24, 28, 70 millimeter focal lengths : 1.3 feet (0.41 meter) from focal plane; Dimensions : Approx;...
This lens is improved a lot as compared to its predecessor. Enhanced sharpness, durability, consistency, efficiency, speed and control. Everything is improved a lot. The Vibration Reduction image stabilization technology makes sure that the results are breathtaking. It is so versatile that it could be used for studio work to field assignments, environmental to events stills to HD video and much more.
13. Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
- Focal Length Range : 24 70 mm
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1.2 ft.( 0.38 m)
- Exceptional low light performance
This lens is one of the most popular lenses as it has a very sharp focus throughout the zoom range. The f/2.8 maximum aperture performs very well in low-light conditions and makes shallow depth of field with pleasing out-of-focus highlights enhanced by a rounded 9-blade diaphragm. Overall, it is versatile as it can shoot from wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives. Ideal for professionals and enthusiasts who want to shoot day-to-day routine.
14. Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 DI VC USD
- INCLUDES: Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens for Nikon F + Tamron Tap-in-console For Nikon + AirBag Packable Bag and Camera Insert + SanDisk 64GB C10 Ultra UHS-I SDXC Memory Card + Altura Photo...
- HIGH PRECISION LENS: Characterized by apt focusing speed and image stabilization, the Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 is a revised fast standard zoom covering a versatile wide-angle to...
- SOPHISTICATED optical design with two extra refractive elements, three low dispersion elements, three glass-molded aspherical elements, and one hybrid aspherical element helps to suppress aberrations...
Minimizing all kinds of chromatic aberration, Tamron has done a fantastic job while building this lens. It is one of the finest standard zoom lenses which could be attached to the D7500. The f/2.8 maintains a great balance between solid resolution and soft bokeh effects delivering an extremely beautiful image. This lens uses Tamron’s rounded diaphragm and the uncontrived, artistic blur that it provides. It also has a moisture-resistant build so the professionals could test their limits without having to worry about the lens.
15. Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM
- Large aperture, stabilized, standard zoom lens
- FLD glass with performance equal to fluorite
- Carrying case, lens hood, front & rear caps. Lens Construction : 17 Elements in 13 Groups
The best thing about this lens is the economical price. It offers a wide aperture of f/2.8 throughout the zoom range making it an obvious choice for pros under a budget. It could be used in formal events like meetings and weddings, portraits and general use.
Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Nikon D7500
16. Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- Optical designs is highly resistant to strong incidental light sources such as backlight
- Minimized Chromatic aberration, distortion, and ghosting
- This lens delivers excellent brightness and bokeh and is ideal high speed lens for snapshots.
This is an outclass lens offering edge to edge performance. It provides superior brightness and an ideal booked effect. It is rapid fast and is placed in the Sigma’s Art series in relation with f/1.4 series. The mixture of advanced optics and enhanced lens power distribution minimizes spherical aberration, axial chromatic aberration, and field curvature is given an extremely fine result. It is ideal for landscape photography and low-light photography.
17. Nikon 20mm f/1.8G ED
- Compact, lightweight, FX-format lens that combines the ultra-wide perspective of a 20mm focal length, the low-light capabilities and shallow Depth of field of an F/18 maximum aperture and the superb...
- Maximum reproduction Ratio: 0.23x.Aspherical lens elements and extra-low Dispersion glass elements with Nano Crystal Coat combat sagittal flare and chromatic aberration for superb, sharp Rendering...
- Innovative silent Wave Motor (SWM) uses ultrasonic waves for fast, accurate, near quiet autofocusing as close as 78-inches from your subject
This lens is highly compact and very lightweight full frame lens that has the capabilities of the ultra-wide perspective of a 20mm focal length alongside superior low light performance and a shallow depth of field thanks to the f/1.8 maximum aperture. Overall it’s a very nice lens and has all the features of any advanced NIKKOR prime lens.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Nikon D7500
18. Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art
- Designed specifically for APS-C sized sensors
- Internal focusing and zooming allows for more usability and functionality
- The 18-35mm is ideal for landscapes, portraits, still life, snap shots, casual, and close-ups
Critics say that the first ever lens you should buy with your D7500 is this one. It is said to be the latest benchmark in the race of the best wide-angle zoom lenses. It is one of the first ever lens in the world which features both wide-angle and standard zoom with a large aperture of f/1.9 which is pretty amazing. The Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) makes sure that the autofocus is smooth, fast and accurate making the lens an ideal one for portraits, still life and landscape photography.
19. Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
- Ideal for landscapes, cityscapes, interiors, architecture and more.
- Focal Length : 10- 24 mm, Close focusing to 0.8 feet
- Renders a picture angle of 109 degrees through 61 degrees, equivalent to focal lengths of 15-36mm.
Nikon claims this lens to be their best ever wide-angle zoom lens. It captures sharper and pictures with better color contrast. The lens zoom range is equivalent to 15-36mm on a 35mm camera and covers virtually all of the useful focal lengths from ultra-wide to a normal field of view. This lens can easily focus at 0.8 feet thanks to Internal Focus (IF) with Nikon SWM (Silent Wave Motor) due to which the focus is precise and fast.
20. Tokina 14-20mm f/2.0 AT-X Pro DX
- Nikon F Mount Lens/DX Format. 21-30mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/22. One Plastic-Molded Aspherical Element
- Two Glass-Molded Aspherical SD Elements. Two Super Low Dispersion Elements
This lens is the fastest ever lens made by Tokina. It has a solid f/2.0 aperture which allows an equivalent 21-30mm zoom range. The aperture is wide and is pretty fast offering a good and rapid fast autofocus. It also allows you to shoot in low light conditions without losing any quality and maintaining reasonable weight and size.
21. Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 ATX Pro DX II
- USA Version. 3 Year Tokina Warranty included. Intended for sale within the USA.
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22 Designed for Cameras with APS-C Sensors
- Two Aspheric Lens Elements Two Super-Low Dispersion Lens Elements
Yet another superb lens by Tokina. This lens has a wide aperture of f/2.8 due to which the low-light photography has become easier. It can easily shoot in low light conditions without losing any quality and maintaining reasonable weight and size. Its angle of view ranges from 104-84° and it can focus as close as 11.8″. The owners of those Nikon devices’ which does not have the AF drive gear and the motor would love to know that there is a silent focusing motor allows the lens to use autofocus on those devices. The economical price is also a plus point making this lens weigh higher in terms of preference.
Best Telephoto Zoom lenses for Nikon D7500
22. Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
- VC performance is 5 stops (VC mode 3) and offers three modes optimized for different shooting situations
- MOD reduced to 37.4" (1:6.1 max. mag. Ratio). Angle of view (diagonal): 34°21' - 12°21'(for full-frame format), 22°33' - 7°59'(for APS-C format)
- Lightweight and easy-to-hold tripod mount is compatible with an Arca-Swiss style quick release plate
This lens by Tamron is not only the most compact full-size and high-speed telephoto zoom lens but it also boasts VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive). It offers excellent image and video quality thanks to the two technologies (Vibration Compensation and Ultrasonic Silent Drive. It is ideal for those who are semi-professionals or enthusiasts. It is the most popular lens in its respective category thanks to the fast and precise autofocus and decent booked effect.
23. Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- Type of lens: G-type AF-S Zoom-NIKKOR lens with built-in CPU and Nikon bayonet mount
- Focal Length Range : 70 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance- 4.6 ft.(1.4 m)
- Dimensions: Approx. 87 mm dia. x 205.5 mm extension from the camera’s lens-mount flange
This lens is a sharp and durable lens which is considered as an all-rounder. It has a fast maximum aperture of f/2.8 which works extremely well in low-light conditions. It is a powerhouse of a lens which is mostly found in the gear of professionals and beginners, both. It is ideal for sports, wildlife and other kinds of fast photography. Decent color correction and enhanced sharpness paired with fast autofocus make this lens to stand out from its competitors.
24. Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF VR
- 70 300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5 5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- Internal Focus (IF) system provides fast and quiet autofocusing; 4.9 feet Minimum focus range, Focal Length Range : 70 300 mm.Two focus modes are available — M/A and M
- Vibration Reduction (VRII) minimizes effects of camera shake to produce sharper images
This lens is pretty economically priced as compared to the other two mentioned above. For those who are not very telephoto specialists should get their hand on this one to learn about this field of photography. It is a pretty decent choice with enhanced focal length range, a 35mm equivalency of 105-450m and a decent 4.3x of zoom.
Best Super Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Nikon D7500
25. Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports
- INCLUDES: Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Super Telephoto Zoom Lens + Sigma USB Dock + Altura Photo Venture Camera Bag + SanDisk 64GB and 32GB C10 Ultra UHS-I SDXC Memory Cards + Altura Photo Rapid...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE LENS: The Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary Lens is the first hyper-telephoto zoom from the contemporary line. It is lightweight and compact in construction and offers a...
- COMPATIBLE with all Nikon DSLR Cameras, including D500, D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D3500, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, D7100, D7200, D7500 APS-C Cameras, and D5, DF, D600, D610, D700, D750,...
Sigma has designed this lens to handle the pushing circumstances of an adventurer who can go to any limit just to take the perfect shot. It has dust and splash proof build and this lens is considered as the benchmark in the category of Super Telephoto Zoom Lenses. It has 2 FLD glass elements (performance equal to fluorite) and 3 SLD glass elements. The image and video it produces are breathtaking and very sharp. The Optical Stabilizer (OS) has an accelerometer for improved panning photography both horizontally and vertically, which is crucial for birding, wildlife, and motorsports photography.
26. Nikon 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR
- Compact super telephoto zoom lens for birding, wildlife, motorsports, events and more
- 500mm of zoom power on FX format DSLRs; 750millimeter equivalent on DX format DSLRS, Minimum Focus Distance: 7.2 feet ( 2.2 meter), Focal Length Range:200 500 millimeter
- Fast f/5.6 constant aperture for beautiful out of focus backgrounds and low light performance
This lens by Nikon is an amazing one as it is capable of working with both FX-Format and DX-Format. It allows the photographers to go further with brilliant zoom power and detailed clarity even at the highest zoom levels. It is pretty compact and is recommended for those who want to capture the distant objects in a closer fashion including birds, wildlife and motorsports.
27. Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2
- New FLEX ZOOM LOCK mechanism enables the locking of the zoom ring at any position
- Fluorine Coating and improved Moisture-Resistant Construction;Optical Construction : 21 elements in 13 groups
- Lightweight and easy-to-hold tripod mount is compatible with an Arce-Swiss style quick release plate
Another remarkable lens in the category of Super Telephoto Zoom Lenses. It allows incredible handheld shooting with extremely fine results. It has a great optical performance with VC increments along with Euori1e Coal, FLEX ZOOM LOCK and teleconverter. The autofocusing speed is increased and fast moving objects can be easily captured while using this lens.