Boasting a new 24-megapixel sensor, the Sony A6500 is undoubtedly Sony’s E-mount APS-C winner. It has a super fast autofocus system with 425 points and can go up to 11 frames per second, or 8 fps with live-view continuous shooting, which feels more like using an optical viewfinder. There is a built-in 5-axis image stabilization meaning that the A6500 is equally good when shooting at slower shutter speeds or long telephoto focal lengths. The video can be recorded in 4K resolutions, at up to 30 fps, and there’s a touch-screen on the back of the camera. The Sony a6500 also boasts built-in Wi-Fi connectivity and is one of the best mirrorless cameras currently available.
To shoot with the Sony a6500 as per your liking you can explore a wide variety of lenses; following are some praised lenses you can exploit with the Sony a6500.
Best All-In-One Lenses for Sony A6500
1. Sony 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OSS LE
- High-magnification zoom with image stabilization
- Minimum focus distance0.3 (Wide)-0.5 m (Tele) (0.99 [Wide])-1.64 ft [Tele]);Maximum 0.35 x, Focal Length : 18-200 mm
- 18 mm wide-angle to 200 mm telephoto assures coverage to capture any scene
This one is a good all-rounder lens as it can easily cover landscapes to portraits and all the way to fast-moving sports and wildlife. The lens is equivalent to 27-30mm and has a rapid fast focus rate and capture some of the very best images. It comes with OSS (Optical SteadyShot means that a particular lens has optical image stabilization) and is extremely convenient as travel and walk around lens.
Best Portrait Prime Lenses for Sony A6500
2. Sony 50mm f/1.8 OSS
- Fixed 50mm mid-range telephoto focal length (35mm format equivalent: 75mm)
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1.28 ft (0.39 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.16x, Focal-Length : 50 mm
- Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization
This Sony lens offers a focal length which is equivalent to a 75mm on a 35mm camera which is ideal for portraits and close-up shots of near-by objects. OSS (optical SteadyShot image stabilization), a bright f/1.8 aperture and an impressively compact body make this lens one of the best portrait prime lenses. It performs miraculously in low-light and offers great value for money. It is perfect to be used for portraits, headshots and low-light photography.
3. Sony 35mm f/1.8 OSS
- Compact, lightweight fixed F1.8 lens.Angle of View (APS-C) 44 °
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.99 ft (0.3 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.15x, Focal-Length : 1.38 in
- New optical design for excellent peripheral sharpness and contrast, Built-in image stabilization
Another great Sony a6500 lens for low-light photography having an aperture of f/1.8 paired with OSS (optical SteadyShot image stabilization). Critics rate this as a “must-have” lens for your kit. It is one of the leading lenses in its respective market and is ideal for up close shots, low-light photography and much more.
4. Sigma 60mm f/2.8 DN
- Minimum focusing distance of 50CM
- Maximum Focusing magnification ratio of 1:7.2
- Excellent for taking shots with a pinpoint focus on a subject.
The Sigma lens is a mid-range telephoto length lens which is ideal for taking portraits. It offers a 90mm focal length equivalent in the 35mm format. It has a rapid fast focus rate and offers sharp results. A maximum wide aperture of f/2.8 allows you to have a shallow depth of field and works miraculously fine in low-light situations. There is a newly designed linear autofocus motor installed I this lens for precise and quiet focus which is required to shoot a good video. The only drawback of this lens is the absence of image stabilization but given the economical price of this lens. It is bearable.
5. Sony Zeiss FE 55mm f/1.8 Sonnar T*
- Diaphragm Blades 9, Rounded
- Focal Length: 55mm, Filter Diameter: 49mm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 19-11/16 inches (.50m)
This is the sharpest Sony a6500 lens ever designed. It received a five-star rating from critics. It has a large f/1.8 aperture due to which the lens can produce full-frame bokeh effect in the background. This lens performs in a great fashion whether you are indoors or outdoors. Thanks to the linear motor installed in the lens, the autofocus is fast and noiseless. The design is dust and moisture resistant making sure that you can use this lens anywhere.
Best Macro Lenses for Sony A6500
6. Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS Lens
- A perfect match for α7 series, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras, 90mm Macro with a bright F2.8 maximum aperture, Nano AR coating effectively suppress reflections, Dust and moisture resistant design
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.92 ft (0.28 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 1.0x, Focal Length : 90 mm. The angle of view is 27 degree (35 mm) and 17 degree (APS-C)
- Optical Steady Shot image stabilization for handheld shooting, Instant manual/auto focus selection via a sliding focus ring, Instant manual/auto focus selection via a sliding focus ring
This is the best lens for macro photography. The full-frame 90mm medium telephoto macro E-mount lens boasts (OSS) image stabilization for enhanced and sharper images at up to 1:1 magnification, even when you are shooting handheld. There is a floating focus mechanism which allows you to have a sharp focus suppressing aberration equally at all focusing distances. The design of the camera is pretty compact and contains dust and moisture resistant sealing which provide an overall great lens for macro shooting.
7. Sony FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens
- Full-frame 50mm macro lens with 1:1 magnification, F2.8 max. aperture for low-light and shallow depth of field, Get close with 6.25" (0.16m) minimum focusing distance
- ED glass effectively compensates for axial chromatic aberration, Robust and reliable dust and moisture resistant design, Focus-mode switch, focus-range limiter and focus-hold button
- Distance scale, Magnification scale and Distance index, Compact (2.78") and lightweight (8.3 oz.) for high mobility, Great for scenery and portraits as well as macro shots
This lens is a perfect companion for daily use. The f/2.8 aperture and a 6.25″ (0.16m) minimum focusing distance at up to 1:1 magnification. The resulting images and videos through this lens do not have any glare and ghosting, all because of some fine mechanical and optical construction. You can also use this lens on some APS-C models where it would offer you a 74mm equivalent focal length.
8. Sony 30mm f/3.5 Macro Lens
- Lens not Zoomable
- Exceptionally portable and versatile for everyday use
- Minimum working distance of only 9.75cm with 1:1 magnification
This Sony a6500 macro lens is an all-rounder. It is lightweight and compact with a true 1:1 magnification with a 3.84 (9.5cm) minimum focusing distance due to which small objects and the details can be rendered with fine and great resolution. It is so versatile that you could also use this lens for your daily routine shooting. The internal lens drive allows the lens to have a smooth and quiet operation making it one of the great macro lens presently available.
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Sony A6500
10. Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS
- Brand is Sony
- Minimum focus distance:1-1.5 m (AF)/1-1.35 m (MF) (3.28-4.93 ft [AF]/3.28-4.43 ft [MF]), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.13x, Focal-Length : 70-200 mm
- Interchangeable Lens
This lightweight and compact lens from Sony is versatile lens, especially for the 35mm full-frame format E-mount bodies. It performs in a great fashion for sports and portraits where you want to separate the subject from the background. The sharpness of the camera is similar to the f/2.8 version of this lens but not great in low-light conditions. Although, the price between the two lenses is too much so this little drawback is bearable.
11. Sony FE 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G OSS
- Full-frame 70-300mm G Series F45-56 G Telephoto zoom, Nano AR Coating with Nano-precision structure, Optical SteadyShot for clear images even at full telephoto
- 35 mm full-frame.9-blade circular aperture for smooth defocus background bokeh, 2x Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements reduces aberration, 4x Aspherical elements control spherical aberration and...
- Linear actuator achieves fast, smooth, quiet autofocus, Enhanced operability w/ direct control switches and buttons on lens, 105-450mm (35mm equivalent) w/ APS-C format cameras
Another great a6500 lens for traveling as it performs miraculously in landscape and wildlife photography. The lens has the longest reach of any FE lens till date. The image quality is fabulous but low-light performance is not as good.
12. Sony 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS
- Wide zoom range (82 - 315mm 35mm equivalent) ideal for sports or nature;Aperture blades : 7
- Internal focusing for smooth, quiet operation - perfect for video capture.Direct manual focus with non-rotating focus ring during AF: ideal for precise, comfortable manual focus adjustments
- Optical Steady Shot image stabilization for stable video capture and low light performance
This is the best telephoto option for all the Sony E-mount lens thanks to the economical price. It has a neat balance of form and function. A decent zoom range in a pretty compact body which is easy to hold and use even single-handedly. It could easily be used in sports and nature photography when you want to get up close from far away.
Best Wide-Angle Zoom Lens for Sony A6500
13. Sony 10-18mm f/4 OSS Lens
- Angle of View (APS-C) - 109 ° - 76 °
- Minimum focal length of 10 mm (15 mm in 35 mm-camera equivalency)
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.82 ft (0.25 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.1x
The best choice for those who are looking for wide angle zoom lenses. It appeals the users towards itself thanks to some very sharp results, fast focus speed, no or just a little distortion and a lightweight body with compact measurements. It has a constant maximum aperture of f/4 through the entire focal length range. It is perfect for landscapes, group shots, and interior shooting. It is a great choice for Sony E-mount lenses.
14. Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm f/4 ZA OSS
- Ideal for landscapes and the a7 series of full frame cameras, ZEISS T (T star) coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.92 ft (0.28 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.19x, Focal-Length : 5/8 - 1-3/8 Inches
- Three ED glass elements to suppress chromatic distortion, constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range
One of the most outstanding a6500 lenses in its respective category. It’s a complete lens for everyone as it can cater to all photographers. Those who want to shoot landscape to those who just want to explore the world of wide-angle photography. It offers great sharpness, rapid fast focus and little or no distortion at all. There is weather sealing for protection for environmental damages.
Best Wide-Angle Prime Lenses for Sony A6500
15. Zeiss Touit 12mm f/2.8 Lens
- Innovative product design: The unmistakeable product design is based on an integrative concept and focuses on essential functional elements. Even the lens hood, typically an accessory, is seamlessly...
- Aspherical design: The aspherical lens design ensures consistent imaging performance throughout theentire focusing range as well as sharpness to the periphery of the image. The asphere's more complex...
- Floating Elements Design: Thanks to the use of the latest floating element design principles, optical aberration effects in ZEISS lenses are reduced to a minimum throughout their entire focusing...
A neatly designed wide-angle prime lens with ultimate manual-focus. It has an angle of view of 99 degrees and an incredible performance paired with enhanced sharpness and outstanding low-light performance. It is pretty lightweight and is one of the top choices for wide angle photographers. It is an ideal lens for architectural and landscape photography.
16. Sigma 19mm f/2.8 DN Lens
- Three glass mold aspherical lenses provide excellent correction for distortion, color aberration and field curvature
- Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting and provides sharp and high contrast images even at the maximum aperture
- The superior telecentric optical design improves image quality throughout the frame
This Sigma lens is a great value for money as it is a lightweight lens which is pretty sharp and has a rapid fast focus rate. A 35mm equivalent of 28.5mm, this wide-angle prime lens is specifically designed for Sony E-mount cameras. It has a maximum aperture of f/2.8 and works brilliantly in low light conditions. It creates a shallow depth of field and is one of the best lenses in its respective category.
17. Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8
- E-mount Lens/full-frame Format
- Aperture range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Distagon optical design
Another great a6500 lens offering a wide 99 degrees angle of view with a lot of functionality and great sharpness. Fine image quality even at the corners makes this lens a good choice for those who want to shoot landscape and architecture. It is specifically designed for Sony FE-mount lenses and is very popular among its respective users.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Sony A6500
18. Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS
- Carl Zeiss mid-range zoom lens; Compatible with E-mount Full Frame cameras and E-mount APS-C cameras
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1.15 ft (0.35 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.23x, Focal Length : 16-70 mm
- High lens technology in a compact body. Filter Diameter (mm) - 55 mm
In its respective category of standard zoom lenses, this lens is ideal as it can offer marvelous image quality while covering landscapes to portraits. It is also a wonderful travel option thanks to the lightweight design. It has made advancement in the optical design department and allows you to have prized Carl Zeiss contrast and sharpness in a high-performance mid-range zoom.
19. Sony E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS
- High performance E-mount lens with excellent contrast; Minimum Aperture (F): 22
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1.48 (Wide)-3.12 ft (Tele), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.11x, Focal Length : 18-105 mm
- Versatile 27-158mm (35mm equiv.) zoom range. Angle of view (APS-C): 76°- 15°
At its price, this Sony a6500 lens is pretty economical as it offers a 35mm equivalent of 27-158mm. This lens is a great value for money and anyone who is doing both stills and videos should consider this lens. The zoom is pretty strong, smooth and silent and the image stabilization is very good. It can capture some very decent images and be rated as the #1 best seller in Mirrorless Camera Lenses Category at Amazon US.
20. Sony 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS
- POWER ZOOM for smooth zooming with superb operability and quietness
- ED glass and Aspherical lens elements for excellent performance with reduced aberrations
- Built-in image stabilization
This Sony lens is a 35mm equivalent of 24-75mm and can cover shooting lengths from standard portraits to true wide-angle shots. It is an ideal lens if you are fond of everyday shooting like walking-around photography. However, the f/3.5 can limit your ability to capture in low light, this lens is pretty affordable and should be considered before making a purchase.