Sony a99 II is the ultimate SLT. It is the SLT that should be used by any photographers that have had prior doubts about the system, as its all-around balance of features and capabilities leave the ultimate decision for many photographers up to two things: EVF vs. OVF, and the lens system.
For those that love SLT, the Sony A99 II is definitely worth a look. A bundle of lenses to open the new horizons of photography are also available. Some of the best ones are as follows.
Best Portrait (Prime) Lenses for Sony A99 II
1. Sony 50mm f/1.4 Planar T* ZA
- A new optical design for top-end image quality
- Dust and drip resistant design
- High-grade metal body
This lens has a 9-blade circular aperture. This gives it a quality of delivering images with brilliant bokeh. It captures crisp and sharp images with amazing contrast that makes it best suitable for personal (Family photography) and professional use(Portraits/landscapes).
2. Sony 85mm f/1.4 Planar T* ZA
- 85mm f1.4 telephoto lens boasts professional performance for portraits and close-ups
- Astonishing sharpness at fully open aperture
- T* coating to reduce flare and increase contrast
It has a focal length of 125.7mm which makes it suitable for close-up images. With the visual accuracy being high this lens has the ability to deliver clear and sharp images that are free of distortion even when the aperture is fully open. It can deliver great telephotos and portraits in low light conditions making it suitable for fashion photographers.
3. Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 50mm focal length
- 75mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
It is a professional lens best suited for a wide range of photography styles including portrait, landscape, studio and street photography. This lens has a great autofocusing ability endowed by a Hyper Sonic Motor system. It also has a Multiple layer coating and a special Low Dispersion glass that makes it the best choice for new DSLR sensors.
4. Sony 50mm f/1.4
- Ultra-bright standard 50mm lens with f/14 maximum aperture for Sony Alpha digital SLR cameras
- Maximum magnification ratio (x): 0.15x.Provides superb clarity and visual accuracy even when shooting at fully open apertures indoors
- Employs in-camera Super SteadyShot image stabilization system to minimize blur from camera
One of its kind lens known for delivering clear images with high contrast. It has the ability to deliver great results in low light conditions both indoors and outdoors. Circular Max Aperture of F1.4 gives it a brilliant defocusing ability that enhances the overall quality of the image and also its dimensions. It also highlights the important elements of the image.
Best Macro Lenses for Sony A99 II
5. Sony 100mm f/2.8 Macro
- 100mm macro lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Sony Alpha digital SLR cameras
- Works with Super SteadyShot image stabilization system to keep image steady in low light
- Focus range limiter speeds up autofocus response; focus hold button gives you full control
A lens best suited for macro photography. This lens has the ability to deliver sharp and clear macro shots of subjects far away. This is because of the great working distance the lens offers. You can also capture low-angle macro images when you are close to the subject. This quality makes it suitable for capturing flowers or insects.
6. Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS Macro
- Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-c size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 150mm with most cameras
- Focuses down to 1:1 magnification ratio at its closest working distance of 12.3 inches
- A hood adapter, lens hood, front & rear lens caps are included with the lens
This HSM lens best works under natural light. The minimum working distance this lens offers is 142mm that allows you to capture close up images while being far from the subject. Another benefit of large working distance is that the shadows of the lens or of the camera itself do not appear in the images.
7. Sony 50mm f/2.8 Macro
- Bright f2.8 aperture for low-light shots
- High-contrast, high-resolution image quality
- Focus Range Limiter for faster auto focusing
A lens best suited for general photography because of its high optical performance. The lowest focusing distance this lens offers is 20cm which can be used for various kinds of macro photography.
Best Telephoto Prime Lenses for Sony A99 II
8. Sony 135mm f/1.8 Carl Zeiss T*
- Carl Zeiss Sonnar T 135mm f/1.8 Telephoto, Wide aperture for amazingly bright telephoto shots, Superb sharpness with Sony Super Steady Shot system
- Close-up focusing capability (less than three feet), Internal Focusing to speed auto-focus response
- 2 ED Glass elements for sharp clear long shots
This lens with a special Carl Zeiss T* coating is best suited for capturing moving subjects. With a great image stabilization quality, appropriate shutter speed and defocusing ability this lens can be used to shoot sports action. The large aperture allows shooting in dim light conditions. It delivers images with great contrast and high resolution.
9. Sony 300mm F/2.8G II
- G Series 300mm f/2.8 G Super Telephoto
- SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) for fast auto-focus
- 3 ED Glass Elements for greater visual accuracy
It is a telephoto lens that uses an optical glass to capture sharp and crisp images. The lens is made waterproof to avoid damage by water penetration. To avoid flare the lens uses an AR coating that helps in capturing flare-less images rich in contrast. The lens uses an SSM internal autofocusing motor and provides a max aperture of f/2.8.
10. Sony 500mm f/4 G
- High performance ultra-telephoto lens with 500mm fixed focal length
- Ideal for sports, wildlife and other demanding imaging applications requiring very high magnification
- Bright F4.0 maximum aperture allows use of faster shutter speeds to broaden shooting opportunities
It is a telephoto lens with a 500mm focal length and an F4 aperture. A total of 11 elements, arranged in 10 groups, are used to provide the defocusing ability to the lens. Beautiful rich bokeh is created due to the round aperture with 9 blades. The flare is eliminated by a velvet lining and a Nano AR coating. Perfect for use while shooting fast-moving subjects like runners or wild animals.
11. Sigma 300mm f/2.8 EX DG
This is a professional telephoto lens that can be best used to shoot fast motion like a sports game or car racing. Sigma APO teleconverters can be used with this lens. Commonly used converters are 1.4X EX teleconverter and a 2X teleconverter. With these, the lens can be used as 420mm f/4 AF and 600mm f/5.6 AF telephoto lens respectively.
The special coating delivers great color balance and reduces the effects of reflections.
Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Sony A99 II
12. Sony 70-200mm f/2.8 G SSM II
This lens uses a Super Sonic wave Motor to enhance the focusing abilities so you can shoot moving objects. The max aperture of f/2.8 allows shooting in dim lights and amazing focus control. This lens delivers crisp and sharp images and can be used for portraiture and even telephotography.
13. Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G2
- G Series 70-400mm F4-5.6 SSM Telephoto
- Focal-Length : 70–400 mm (35 mm Full Frame), Minimum Focus Distance : 4.93 ft (1.5 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.27x
- New Nano AR Coating with nano-precision structure, High-performance AF with enhanced object-tracking
Apart from its distinctive optical design, this lens uses a nano AR coating to deliver flare fewer images with little to none ghosting. The lens has super-fast autofocus and delivers great levels of sharpness across the entire zoom range.
What makes it special is its super-fast AF subject tracking.
14. Sony 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G SSM II
- 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM II Fixed Zoom Lens for Sony Alpha Cameras
- New Nano AR Coating with nano-precision structure
- High-performance AF with enhanced object-tracking
With the AF subject tracking four times as that of Sony 70-400mm f/4-5.6 G2
this lens is best suited for portraiture and capturing nature in its full glory. This lens has a minimum focus of 1.2 meters and delivers images with high resolution and quality. The signature nano AR coating reduces reflections and corrects aberrations to deliver flawless images with great contrast. This lens is resistant to both dust and moisture that makes it durable.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Sony A99 II
15. Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di USD
- 24-70mm focal length
- 36-105mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 38.4-112mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum
One of its kind moisture-resistant lens that is best suited for portraiture, landscape, and everyday indoor photography. This lens is known to deliver images with amazingly high resolution and a great soft blur due to its F/2.8 aperture.
It covers the focal length 24-70mm and reduces the chromatic aberration to a bare minimum.
16. Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II Vario-Sonnar T*
- Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 Vario-Sonnar T Zeiss ZA SSM II A Mount Lens - Front Lens Cap - Rear Lens Cap - ALC-SH101 Petal Shape - Bayonet Lens Hood - Lens Case - Sony 1 Year Warranty - Bundle Includes: - 77mm...
- Unmatched ZEISS T* (T-star) Coating: ZEISS T* (T-Star) coating that virtually eliminates lens flare, internal reflection and light scattering that can otherwise occur at glass-to-air surfaces. The T*...
- Circular Aperture: When changing your aperture to defocus the background, the light sources appear blurred. This 'bokeh' effect of the blurred background can be enhanced with circular aperture blades...
This standard zoom lens covers the focal length 24-70mm and has the max aperture fixed at f2.8 allowing you to adjust the exposure at any focal length within the given range. It provides both wide-angle and telephoto zoom. Apart from portraiture and landscape photography this lens is also best suited for travel, sports, and even street photography.
17. Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical
- 28-75mm f/2.8 Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron zoom lens (A09M)
- Effective focal length:
- 28-75mm with full-frame sensor Sony digital cameras
Known to be small and light when compared to other lenses, this fast zoom lens has the aperture fixed at F/2.8. It delivers images with uniform illumination and brilliant picture quality.
18. Sony 28-75mm f/2.8
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- ALC-SH109 Petal Hood
This lens is known to be extremely lightweight which makes it easier to carry and use. It is best suited for indoor shootings and landscape photography. It delivers high quality and high contrast images. It can also be used for urban photography.
Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Sony A99 II
19. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 35mm focal length
- 52.5mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 56mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
This lens has a Hyper Sonic Motor that gives it close to perfect autofocusing ability. High optical performance is endowed by the Floating Focus system. With a working focal length of 35mm and the 9 bladed f/1.4 aperture ensures beautiful bokeh and great levels of brightness in the images even in low light conditions.
It is best suited for shooting a variety of scenes ranging from portraiture and casual photography to wildlife, architecture and underwater photography.
20. Sony 35mm f/1.4G
- The angle of view provided by this focal length is one of the most comfortable and versatile on both 35mm full frame format and APS-C format cameras, and with that, this lens can be used for anything...
- With its superb optics and large f/1.4 maximum aperture, this is one of the finest fast 35mm lenses in its class.
- Auto clutch to stop manual focus ring rotation, wide focus ring for a solid feel in manual focusing
It has a wide aperture range with the maximum being f/1.4 and the minimum being f/22. This makes the lens suitable for dim light conditions and uses high shutter speed to ensure steady images with good brightness even when shooting without a camera stand. Even when the aperture is fully open this lens allows sharp and crisp images with little to none distortion.
21. Sony 24mm f/2.0 Carl Zeiss T*
- Front and Rear Lens Cap
- ALC-SH110 Petal Lens Hood
- Lens Carrying Case
The Super Sonic Wave Motor in this lens endows speedy focusing abilities. It also allows you to change from manual to autofocus whenever the need be. The barrel has great finishing to ensure brilliant performance and it also makes the lens better in appearance.
22. Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED UMC
- Lens not Zoomable
- Maximum Diameter: 3.4 inches (87mm)
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 11 inches
This 14mm lens has a distinctive design and is constructed so as to deliver super sharp images. The lens can be used with both full-frame mirrorless camera and APS-C cameras as it provides the ultra-wide-angle view on both these lenses. A special multilayer coating is used to ensure flare fewer images.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Sony A99 II
23. Sony 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II
This 16mm-35mm lens provides a wide-angle focal length making it suitable for travel and outdoor photography. The f2/8 aperture is fast and ensures good quality images across the zoom range
24. Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 DG HSM II
- Compatible with full frame digital SLRs
- Ultra-wide 12mm focal length
- FLD and SLD lens elements
This lens uses 4 FLD glass elements and 1 SLD element to minimize the aberrations and ensure high-quality images. The lens is very lightweight due to 3 glass mold elements and 1 hybrid aspherical lens. The viewing angle ranges from 122 to 84.1 degrees which makes the lens suitable for both indoors and landscape photography. This lens delivers high-quality images with minimum distortion across its entire zooming range.