Our full list of top recommended SD cards and CF cards for Canon EOS 5DS R DSLR cameras is here. Best SD cards and CF cards for Canon EOS 5DS R what you can get now.
The Canon 5Ds R is an absolute beast of a camera with a 50-megapixel full-frame sensor. It has got 1 x CF plus 1 x SD memory card, which thankfully supports UHS-I speed. Or else to transfer and write those files would take a long time.
Full HD video won’t be an issue for any memory card, but you most likely bought the canon 5Ds R for its incredible resolution, so it helps to have a memory card that can do it all quickly.
Below are the best SD cards and CF cards for Canon 5DS R. Our top recommended & fastest SD cards and CF cards for Canon 5DS R.
Check Out: Best Lenses for Canon 5Ds.
Best Memory Cards for Canon 5Ds R
Best SD Memory Cards for Canon 5DS R
1. Lexar Professional 2000x
- High-speed performance leverages UHS-II technology (U3) for a read transfer speed up to 2000x (300MB/s)
- Captures high-quality images and extended lengths of stunning 1080p full-HD, 3D, and 4K video with a DSLR camera, HD...
- Includes SD UHS-II reader for high-speed file transfer from card to computer, dramatically accelerating workflow
- Backwards compatible with UHS-I device
Lexar Professional 2000x is the brand’s latest top offering in its SD memory card portfolio. It caters to media enthusiasts and professionals. It performs excellently for those who require quick capture and transfer of high-quality photos and 1080p full-HD, 3D, and 4K video.
To achieve this high-speed performance, Lexar’s new memory cards leverage UHS-II technology. It allows for quoted read transfer speeds up to 300MB/s, which is double the performance of the 1000x model.
For added flexibility, the memory cards also support UHS-I devices at UHS-I speeds and are backward compatible with older generation cameras and readers. It is through performing at Class 10 speeds when being used with these non-UHS devices.
2. SanDisk Extreme Pro
- Shot speeds up to 90MB/s, transfer speeds up to 170MB/s [requires a compatible device capable of reaching such speeds,...
- Perfect for shooting 4K UHD video (1) and sequential burst mode photography, (1)Full HD (1920x1080) and 4K UHD (3840 x...
- Capture uninterrupted video with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and video Speed Class 30 (V30)(2) | (2)UHS Speed Class 3...
- Built for and tested in harsh conditions (3): Temperature Proof, Water Proof, shock Proof, and X ray Proof, (3)Card only
Ideal for professionals who require maximizing their post-production workflow, the SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Memory Card delivers supersonic transfer speeds reaching 95 MB/s.
Write speeds of up to 90 MB/s let you take full advantage of advanced camera features. These include rapid shots, sequential burst mode, and RAW plus JPEG capture. It’s designed for the latest DSLRs, and Ultra HD enabled video cameras like Canon 5Ds R. This memory card delivers the reliable results professionals require.
The SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Memory Card was designed for professional photographers and videographers. It’s ideal for those who shoot the highest quality photos and videos and need the large storage capacities these files demand. With its capacity of 64GB, this memory card lets you shoot longer photo and video sessions with Canon 5Ds R without stopping to download.
3. Lexar Professional 1000x UHS-II Card (150 MB/s, V60)
- High speed performance leverages UHS II technology (U3) for a read transfer Speed up to 1000x (150MB/s)
- Captures high quality images and extended lengths of stunning 1080P full HD, 3D, and 4K video with a DSLR camera, HD...
- High speed file transfer from card to computer to dramatically accelerate workflow
- Backwards compatible with UHS I devices and backed by expert support and Limited Lifetime warranty, 1000x up to 150MB/s...
Maximum read speeds of up to 150 MB/s and maximum write speeds of up to 90 MB/s can be achieved by the Lexar Professional 1000x UHS-II SDXC Card, making it well suited for continuous shutter bursts and rapid shooting, as well as 4K and full HD recording. The cards use UHS-II (UHS Speed Class 3 (U3)) technology to provide high-speed performance, up to 150 MB/s (1000x). This accelerates workflow significantly from start to finish. The cards also operate with UHS-I devices at UHS-I speeds for flexibility. Lexar Professional 1000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II cards make it simple to capture and upload 1080p full-HD, 3D easily, and 4K video, whether you’re a professional photographer and videographer or enthusiast. Wonderful value!
4. SanDisk Extreme UHS-I SDXC Card (V30, U3)
- Shot speeds up to 70MB/s, transfer speeds up to 150MB/s requires compatible devices capable of reaching such speeds....
- Perfect for shooting 4K UHD video (1) and sequential burst mode photography. (1)Full HD (1920x1080) and 4K UHD (3840 x...
- Capture uninterrupted video with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and Video Speed Class 30 (V30) (2) | (2)Sustained video capture...
- Built for and tested in harsh conditions (3): temperature-proof, waterproof, shock-proof, and x-ray-proof | (3)Card only
Performance is supported by the SanDisk Extreme SDXC UHS-I memory card that allows you to take control of your imagination. You’re ready to capture stunning high-resolution, stutter-free 4K UHD video with shot speeds of up to 70MB/s and UHS speed Level 3 (U3) recording. Its transfer speed of 150MB/s means you can switch your images where you want them easily. A built-in write-protect switch helps to protect against card data being inadvertently erased.
Best CF Memory Cards for Canon 5DS R
5. Lexar Professional 1066x CompactFlash Card (UDMA 7)
- High speed performance, leverages udma 7 technologies to deliver a read transfer speed up to 1066x (160mb/s)
- Captures high quality images and extended lengths of stunning 1080p full hd, 3d, and 4k video with a DSLR camera, an HD...
- Supports the Video Performance Guarantee specification for professional-quality video (VPG-65)
- High-speed file transfer from card to computer to dramatically accelerate workflow
The Lexar Professional 1066x (UDMA 7) is the most common and super fast CF card with an affordable price, available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB, ideal for storing large files like high-quality images, 1080p Full-HD, 3D, and 4K video. This card is capable of achieving data read speeds of up to 160 MB/s and data write speeds of up to 155 MB/s with a 1066x speed level, enabling you to transfer your files through a UDMA 7-enabled card reader via the card-to-computer transfer process. The card offers the performance you can trust, whether you are a professional photographer, videographer, or enthusiast, and allows you to easily capture and transfer high-quality images and 1080p full-HD, 3D, and 4K footage.
6. SanDisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash Card (160MB/s, UDMA 7)
- Records and captures cinema quality 4K and Full HD video(1)
- Video Performance Guarantee (VPG-65) delivers a minimum sustained write speed of 65MB/sec(2)
- Increase workflow efficiency with transfer speed of up to 160MB/s* (1067X) read speeds. Based on internal testing;...
- Industry leading shot speed performance of up to 150MB/s (1000X) write speeds. Based on internal testing; performance...
The SanDisk Extreme Pro (160MB/s, UDMA 7) is another common and excellent card with almost the same speed, featuring enhanced data read speeds of up to 160MB/s along with data write speeds up to 150MB/s. As it is VPG-65 certified, this Extreme Pro CompactFlash Card is designed to support both full HD and 4K content. VPG-65 (Video Output Guarantee) provides 65 MB/s sustained data writing speeds to ensure a smooth data flow that keeps video streams crisp and clean. Compatible with both RAW and JPEG file formats, this CompactFlash card comes fitted with an RTV silicone coating and a writeable mark. And the SanDisk Extreme Pro cards are made for experts and have a limited lifetime warranty.