Best Memory Cards for Canon PowerShot SX540 HS recommendations? The following are the best Canon PowerShot SX540 HS Memory Cards.
SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card
$27.25 in stock
7 used from $19.99
- Shot speeds up to 90MB/s, transfer speeds up to 170MB/s [requires a compatible device capable of reaching such speeds, such as the SanDisk SD UHS I card reader (sold separately)] | Based on internal testing; Performance may be lower depending upon host device, interface, usage conditions and other factors 1MB=1,000,000 bytes; X = 150KB/sec
- Perfect for shooting 4K UHD video (1) and sequential burst mode photography, (1)Full HD (1920x1080) and 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) video support may vary based upon host device, file attributes and other factors. Compatibility - Compatible with microSDHC and microSDXC supporting host devices
- Capture uninterrupted video with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and video Speed Class 30 (V30)(2) | (2)UHS Speed Class 3 designates a performance option designed to support 4K UHD video recording with enabled UHS host devices; UHS video speed class 30 (V30), sustained video capture rate of 30MB/s, designates a performance option designed to support real time video recording with UHS enabled host devices
- Built for and tested in harsh conditions (3): Temperature Proof, Water Proof, shock Proof, and X ray Proof, (3)Card only
- System ram type: ddr3l_1600_sdram
SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I Card is a high-performance memory card with fast read and write speeds, suitable for professional photographers and videographers. It is ideal for use with the Canon PowerShot SX540 HS camera.
SanDisk 128GB Ultra SDXC UHS-I Memory Card
$15.95 in stock
9 used from $10.04
- Great choice for compact to mid-range point-and-shoot cameras
- Quick transfer speeds up to 120MB/s(1) to back up those moments. (1)Up to 120MB/s read speed, engineered with proprietary technology to reach speeds beyond UHS-I 104MB/s, requires compatible devices capable of reaching such speeds. Write speed lower. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on host device, interface, usage conditions and other factors. 1MB=1,000,000 bytes.
- Up to 128GB to store tons of pictures and even more Full HD video(2). (2)Full HD (1920x1080) video support may vary based upon host device, file attributes, and other factors. Visit the SanDisk Video Knowledge Base for more information. 1GB=1,000,000,000 bytes. Actual user storage less.
- Exceptional video recording performance with UHS Speed Class 1 (U1)(5) Class 10 rating for Full HD video (1080p)(2). (5)UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) designates a performance option designed to support real time video recording with UHS enabled host devices. See the official SanDisk website for more information on UHS speed.
- Compatible with SanDisk SD UHS-I card reader (sold separately) for speeds up to 120MB/s(1)
SanDisk 128GB Ultra SDXC UHS-I Memory Card is a high-speed, reliable memory card for storing photos and videos on your Canon PowerShot SX540 HS.
Lexar Professional 1667x 128GB SDXC UHS-II Cards
$70.12 in stock
- Get high-speed performance with UHS-II technology (U3) for a read transfer speed up to 250MB/s
- Captures high-quality images and extended lengths of stunning 1080p Full-HD, 3D, and 4K video with a DSLR camera, cinema-quality video cameras, or 3D camera
- High-speed file transfer from card to computer to dramatically accelerate workflow
- Backwards compatible with UHS-I devices
- Limited lifetime product support
High-speed Lexar Professional 1667x 128GB SDXC UHS-II memory card for fast data transfer and high-performance photography.
SAMSUNG EVO Select Plus Micro SD Memory Card
$28.94 in stock
4 used from $23.16
- ALL THE SPACE YOU NEED: Store tons of media on your phone, load games or download more apps on your tablet at top-notch speed, making transfers seamless and reliable
- FAST AND SMOOTH: With superfast U3, class 10 rated transfer speeds of up to 130MB/s¹,²and UHS-I Interface³ big apps load and run smoothly, while 4K video remains sharp with A2, V30, and USH-I Interface
- EXPAND AND STORE BIG: Find your perfect fit from 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB; Select the best capacity for all your memories. Speed class: U3
- YOU'RE FULLY PROTECTED: EVO Select Plus provides reliable storage and takes on life’s adventures with water⁴, temperature⁵, X-ray⁶, ⁷magnet, drop⁸, and wears⁹ out protection; Backed by a 10-year limited warranty; Proofs are for the microSD card and do not include the adaptor
- FLASH MEMORY CARD: Performance and reliability you can count on from the flash memory brand; All firmware and components are produced in-house
The Samsung EVO Select Plus Micro SD Memory Card is a high-performance memory card with 128GB of storage capacity and UHS-I/U3/V30 speeds, making it ideal for recording 4K UHD videos and high-resolution photos.
PNY 128GB Elite Performance Class 10 U3 SDXC
- Sequential read speed of up to 95MB/s
- Class 10, U3 rating delivers speed and performance for burst mode HD photography and 4K Ultra HD videography
- Record, store and share videos, photos, music, files and more across device
- Compatible with point & shoot cameras, DSLR cameras, standard & advanced HD-enabled video cameras, and more
- Reliable & durable: Magnet proof, shock proof, temperature proof, waterproof
PNY 128GB Elite Performance Class 10 U3 SDXC is a high-speed memory card that offers fast read and write speeds, ideal for capturing 4K UHD video and high-resolution photos. It is UHS-I, U3, and Class 10 rated, ensuring reliable and consistent performance.
Capacity: 128GB Storage | Type: UHS-I / V30 / U3 / Class 10 | Max Read Speed: 200 MB/s | Max Write Speed: 90 MB/s | Min Write Speed: 30 MB/s
- Robust memory
- Large Capacity
- Not quite fast enough for the latest action cameras and drones
Your expensive digital camera will serve no purpose other than as a paperweight if you don’t have an SD card to save your photos. A camera’s memory card, or SD card, is essential, so selecting an affordable and dependable one is crucial.
We found the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB to be quick enough for 4K video enthusiasts, fast sufficient for eager downloaders, and dependable and good enough for anybody to use for years.
Capacity: 128GB | Speed Class: Class 10, UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) | Data transfer speeds: up to 100MB/s (read) and 90MB/s (write) | Type: SDXC UHS-I form factor | Compatibility: with SDHC and SDXC-enabled devices
- Large capacity,
- Affordable price
- Slower read/write speeds compared to other
The SanDisk 128GB Ultra UHS-I SDXC Memory Card boasts read rates of up to 120 MB/s and a storage capacity of 128GB, making it ideal for use with SD devices capable of capturing Full HD video as well as raw and JPEG pictures.
It has a Class 10 rating and a U1 speed rating, which ensure minimum write rates of 10 MB/s and compatibility with the UHS-I interface. In addition, there is a built-in write-protect switch, and the card is resistant to water, shock, x-rays, and severe temperatures to keep your data secure.
Type: UHS-II / V60 / U3 / Class 10 | Max Read Speed: 250 MB/s | Max Write Speed: 120 MB/s
- Decent capacity options
- Fast enough for most cameras
- Cheap for the Speed and capacity
- Little to go against
Aren’t UHS-II cards pricey? As of the release of the Lexar Professional 1667x SDXC UHS-II Card, this is no longer the case.
The 1667x provides the most cost-effective SD camera storage on the market with its UHS-II rating and choice of 64, 128, or 256GB capacities.
It’s far less expensive than many of its rivals from Sandisk, Delkin, and Manfrotto, coming in at just over £30 for the 64GB version and £99 for the 256GB version.
With a V60 rating, you know it can compete with the best modern cameras and take stunning photos and videos.
Storage capacity: 128GB | Interface: UHS-I (Ultra High Speed 1) | Data transfer speed: up to 100MB/s (read) and up to 90MB/s (write) | Video performance: Class 10, U3, A1 (able to record 4K UHD and full HD video) | Durability: built to withstand water, temperature, X-ray and magnetic proof | File format: exFAT (Micro SDXC) | Operating temperature: -13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C) | Storage temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C) | Compatible with Micro SDXC-enabled devices
- UHS-I compatibility allows for fast data transfer speeds when used with a UHS-I-compatible device
- High storage capacity of 128GB
- Extreme Pro series offers high write and read speeds, allowing for fast transfer of large files.
- More expensive than some other SD card options
- It may not be compatible with older devices that do not support UHS-I or SDXC formats.
The microSDXC card with a 256GB capacity from Samsung, the EVO Select, is lightning fast and has a ton of storage space. In addition, the new 256GB capacity card has significantly faster read speeds (95MB/s) and write speeds (90MB/s) than the 80MB/s and 20MB/s advertised for the smaller capacity cards in the same series.
For the uninterrupted high-definition and 4K video recording, go no further than the 256GB EVO Select card, which features compatibility with the UHS-I interface and is certified UHS Speed Class 3 (U3). U3 certification ensures a minimum sustained write speed of 30MB/s.
U1 (at least 10MB/s write speed) is the rating given to the 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB EVO Select series cards. This study utilizes a Korean-made 256GB microSDXC card (model number: MB-ME256DA/AM). Samsung backs up its EVO Select memory cards with a decade of coverage.
Type: Class 10 / UHS-1 | Max. Read Speed: up to 95 MB/s | Water / Shock / Magnet Proof
- The fastest microSD card tested.
The PNY Elite Performance 128GB SDXC memory card is UHS-I compliant and has a U3 rating, making it suitable for capturing 4K and full HD video. In addition, the card has a read speed of 95MB/s, allowing for the quick transfer of large media files.
PNY does not provide a maximum write speed. However, the UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) certification guarantees the card can sustain at least 30MB/s continuous write speed for uninterrupted video recording.
Flash memory cards with Elite Performance 95MB/s speeds are available in 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB sizes. Except for the 32GB option, which is U1, all of the other sizes are U3. We put the P-SDX128U395-GE 128GB SDXC card to the test in this study.
To find the best memory cards for your Canon PowerShot SX540 HS, you should consider the type of card compatible with your camera, the storage capacity you need, the read and write speeds of the card, and the durability and reliability of the card. It is recommended to use SDXC UHS-I memory cards with 64GB or more capacity, with a minimum write speed of 40MB/s. It’s also recommended to check the card’s compatibility with the camera’s firmware to ensure proper function. Researching different brands and reading customer reviews can also provide valuable information on the quality of the memory card.
What SD card does a Canon SX540 use?
The Canon PowerShot SX540 HS uses SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards. It is recommended to use a UHS-I or UHS-II SD card with a minimum write speed of 10 MB/s for best performance.
What SD card do I need for a Canon PowerShot?
You will need a Secure Digital (SD) memory card to use a Canon PowerShot camera. The camera’s manual will specify the type of SD card it requires, such as SD, SDHC, or SDXC, and the maximum capacity it can handle. It is recommended to use a Class 10, UHS-I, or UHS-II memory card for optimal performance.
What is the difference between A1 and A2 micro SD?
A1 and A2 refer to the speed class of a micro SD card, with A1 having a minimum write speed of 10MB/s and A2 having a minimum write speed of 30MB/s, making A2 faster and more suitable for high-performance devices.