Mirrorless cameras have a lot of versatility. They tend to be on the smaller and lighter side in comparison to DSLRs, and still produce amazing images. Some even come loaded with features to improve your picture-taking experience. Our favorite is the Fujifilm X-T4, offering an excellent combination of features and performance in an overall compact size. Few other cameras nail the photographic experience so expertly, and the X-T4 feels like an aspirational dream camera without the exorbitant price that usually accompanies such a product. Just like FujiFilm has mirrorless series, Sony’s mirrorless camera has been among the best in the market as well.
Whether you want to purchase a top of the line model or you’d rather have something a little more basic, we’re here to make your shopping easier by providing you with some options. Check out our top mirrorless camera for Professionals recommendations.
Best Mirrorless Camera For Professionals 2020
1. Sony Alpha a9 II
- SONY ALPHA A9 II: Compact professional cameras mastered for sports photography and photojournalism
- SUPERIOR SPEED: Fastest 35mm full-frame 24. 2MP stacked Exmore RS CMOS sensor with integrated memory
- FASTER AUTO FOCUS: Up to 20fps at full resolution with 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second
- ADVANCED SUBJECT RECOGNITION: Real-time Tracking and Real-Time Eye AF for humans, animals and movies
Check Out: Sony Alpha a9 II Lenses
The Sony Alpha a9 II takes the impressive feature-set of its predecessor and adds enhanced connectivity, a refined body design, and even quicker performance. Utilizing the proven 24.2MP full-frame Exmor RS BSI stacked CMOS sensor and an updated BIONZ X processor, the a9 II sports especially quick and responsive capabilities. Up to 20 fps shooting is possible with a silent electronic shutter or up to 10 fps with a mechanical shutter that is supported, along with a wide sensitivity range that reaches around an expanded ISO 204800. The sensor’s design also incorporates a 693-point phase-detection autofocus system, which offers intelligent subject tracking and Real-time Eye AF to ensure critical focus on moving subjects.
2. Sony Alpha a7s III
- 12.1MP1 Exmor R sensor, optimized for 4K, sensitivity and speed
- New BIONZ XR processing engine delivers 8x more processing power2
- Low noise images w/ ISO up to 409,6003 and 15+stop dynamic range4
- Up to 4K 120p5 10-bit 4:2:2 and full pixel readout in all rec. modes
Check Out: Best Sony Alpha a7S III Lenses
The Sony Alpha a7S III (2020) raises the bar for what a full-frame mirrorless camera is capable of. A revised 12.1MP Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor and updated BIONZ XR image processor offer faster performance, improved noise reduction, and a wider dynamic range, along with UHD 4K 120p video recording and internal 10-bit 4:2:2 sampling.
3. Canon EOS R6
- High Image Quality featuring a New 20 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor.
- DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-102400; Expandable to 204800.
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20 fps electronic (silent) shutter.
- Dual pixel CMOS AF covering approx. 100% area with 1,053 AF areas.
Check Out: Best Canon EOS R6 Lenses
The Canon EOS R6 is an enthusiast-grade full-frame mirrorless camera under $2000. It’s essentially a stripped-down version of the EOS R5 but appears to be very capable. The camera uses a 20MP CMOS sensor – the same as in the EOS 1D X Mark III – with in-body image stabilization that can reduce shake by up to 8 stops. The camera uses the Dual Pixel AF II system, which has 1053 AF points across the entire frame. The R6 is capable of shooting bursts at 20 fps with its electronic shutter and 12 fps with the mechanical shutter, both with continuous AF.
4. Fujifilm GFX 100
- The Fujifilm GFX 100 pairs a newly-developed back-illuminated 102MP imaging sensor with our blazingly fast x processor 4...
- Body: made of magnesium alloy, making it lightweight and very robust. GFX 100 is weather sealed at 95 points (including...
- Horizontal and Vertical Body Operation: built in vertical grip, it is the first FUJIFILM camera to have this integrated...
- 55mm diagonal length large format (43. 8 x 32. 9mm) has paved the way for ultra high image resolution.
Check Out: Best Fujifilm GFX 100 Lenses
The Fujifilm GFX 100 is a medium format camera with a whopping 102 Megapixel BSI-CMOS sensor. The camera has 5-axis in-body image stabilization, a hybrid autofocus system with nearly 100% coverage, and both DCI and UHD 4K video with 10-bit 4:2:2 output. The robust body is weather-sealed, has OLED info displays on the top and rear plates, and sports a built-in grip that holds a pair of batteries. It’s dual-hinged 3.2″ LCD can tilt for both landscape and portrait photography, and a large, ultra-high-res tilting EVF can be attached. The camera offers two SD card slots and ports for a mic, headphones, and remote control.
5. Nikon Z7
- New larger Z mount for revolutionary optical performance
- Nikon-designed 45.7MP backside Illuminated image sensor with no optical low pass filter (OLPF)
- 493-Point on-sensor phase detect AF system and up to 9 fps; Total pixels: 46.89 million
- 4K ultra-HD video; 8K time-lapse; 120/1080P slow motion
Check Out: Best Nikon Z7 Lenses
The Nikon Z7 is the company’s high-end full-frame mirrorless camera. It features a 45.7MP BSI-CMOS sensor, a hybrid AF system with 493 points and 90% coverage, and 5-axis in-body image stabilization. The rugged body is similar in design to the D850 DSLR and is fully sealed against dust and moisture. It includes a 3.68M-dot electronic viewfinder and tilting 3.2″, 2.1M-dot touchscreen LCD. An OLED panel on the top plate displays current shooting settings. Photos are stored on an XQD card.
6. Sony Alpha a9
- World’s first Full-frame stacked CMOS sensor w/ integrated memory
- World’s first blackout-free continuous shooting up to 20 fps. Battery Life (Still Images) - Approx. 480 shots...
- Silent, vibration-free, anti-distortion shutter up to 1/32,000 sec.
- 693 Phase Detection AF points over 93% frame coverage. Operating Temperature - 32 - 104 degrees F / 0 - 40 degrees C
Check Out: Best Sony Alpha a9 Lenses
The Sony Alpha a9 Mirrorless Digital Camera takes impressive multimedia capabilities and ups the processing capabilities for ultra-fast continuous shooting. Making use of a 24.2MP full-frame Exmor RS stacked CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor, the a9 is capable of shooting at up to 20 fps, recording UHD 4K video internally, and shooting with an expanded sensitivity range to ISO 204,800. Balancing the quickness of the processor is a well-matched 693-point phase-detection autofocus system that covers 93% of the image area for accurate and quick subject tracking in a variety of lighting conditions.
7. Fujifilm GFX 50S
- 43.8mm x 32.9mm, 51.4 MP CMOS sensor, boasting Approx. 1.7x the area of full frame sensors + x processor Pro
- Operating temperature -10°C - +40°C (+14°F - +104°F)C.Compact and lightweight body with high rigidity due to the...
- Detachable 3.69M-dot organic EL electronic viewfinder
- 2.36M-dot, three-directional tilting, Touchscreen LCD
Check Out: Best FujiFilm GFX 50S Lenses
The Fujifilm GFX 50S is the company’s first medium format digital camera. It offers a 43.8 x 32.9mm 51.4MP CMOS sensor and uses new G-mount lenses, with a crop factor of 0.79x. It uses the same X Processor Pro as the X-Pro2 and X-T2 and has a 117-point contrast-detect autofocus system. The body is compact and lightweight for a medium format camera and it sports a 3.2″ touchscreen LCD which can articulate in three directions. An ultra-high-resolution 3.69M-dot OLED electronic viewfinder is detachable and an optional adapter lets it tilt and twist. On top of the camera is a smaller LCD that displays shooting information. The GFX has the usual Fujifilm Film Simulation modes, plus a new Color Chrome Effect option. It’s also capable of capturing Full HD video at up to 30p. A battery grip is optional.
8. Canon EOS R5
Check Out: Best Canon EOS R5 Lenses
The EOS R5 is Canon’s full-frame mirrorless camera. It features an all-new, Canon-developed 45MP CMOS sensor with in-body image stabilization that can reduce shake by up to 8 stops. The camera uses the Dual Pixel AF II system, which has 1053 AF points across the entire frame. The advanced autofocus program uses Deep Learning to track both people and animals. The R5 is capable of shooting bursts at 20 fps with its electronic shutter and 12 fps with the mechanical shutter, both with continuous AF.
The R5 can shoot 8K video at 30p and 24p, saved as either Raw or H.265 footage. It’s also capable of capturing oversampled 4K footage at around 120p. C-Log and HDR PQ are supported.
9. Nikon Z6
- Large, full frame Z mount for Revolutionary optical performance
- Nikon-designed 24. 5MP backside illuminated image sensor
- 273-Point on-sensor Phase detect AF system
- Up to 12 fps; 4K Ultra-HD video; 6K time-lapse; 1080P/120Fps slow motion
Check Out: Best Nikon Z6 Lenses
The Nikon Z6 is the company’s midrange full-frame mirrorless camera. It features a 24.5MP BSI-CMOS sensor, a hybrid AF system with 273 points and 90% coverage and 5-axis in-body image stabilization. The rugged body is similar in design to the D750/D850 DSLRs and is fully sealed against dust and moisture. It includes a 3.68M-dot electronic viewfinder and tilting 3.2″, 2.1M-dot touchscreen LCD. An OLED panel on the top plate displays current shooting settings. Photos are stored on an XQD card.
10. Panasonic Lumix S1R
- Full frame sensor- 47.3-Megapixel full-frame MOS sensor that provides a wide dynamic Range and excellent performance at...
- 4K video - up to 4K 60P/50P recording plus 6K PHOTO functions and HLG photo.
- 187MP high resolution mode - a sensor shift technology suitable for taking very high-resolution Landscapes and fine art...
- Monitor and LVF - 3.2" 2,100k-dot RGBW LCD monitor (3: 2 aspect Ratio) with triaxial tilt moving element, plus large 5,...
Check Out: Best Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Lenses
The Lumix S1R is one of two of Panasonic’s new line up full-frame mirrorless cameras. It uses the L-mount originally developed by Leica and supports lenses from the German manufacturer along with Panasonic and Sigma. The S1 features a 47MP sensor, in-body shake reduction that works in conjunction with stabilized lenses, and Panasonic’s Depth from Defocus contrast-detect AF system. Other features include an ultra-high-res EVF, double-hinged LCD, and dual memory card slots (SD and XQD). The S1R is capable of capturing 4K/60p video. Its magnesium alloy body is weather-resistant and has a shutter rated to 400k cycles.
11. Canon EOS R
- 30.3 Megapixel Full frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5,655 manually selectable AF points
- 4K 30P with Canon log and 10 bit 4: 2: 2 HDMI output; Dust and drip resistant
- Built in EVF with 3. 69 million dots, Vary Angle Touchscreen LCD and dot matrix LCD panel
Check Out: Best Canon EOS R lenses
The Canon EOS R features a high-resolution 30.3MP full-frame CMOS sensor along with a DIGIC 8 image processor. The combination of these technologies offers a wide sensitivity range up to a native ISO 40000, fast continuous shooting to 8 fps, and UHD 4K30 video recording. In addition to imaging, the sensor also facilitates an advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF system, which uses 5655 selectable points for quickly and accurately acquiring focus. This focusing system is also sensitive down to EV -6 for working in impressively dark conditions. The AF system is also perfectly matched to the UHD 4K movie recording capabilities, which are also rounded out by Movie Digital IS to minimize camera shake, built-in Canon Log gamma for a greater dynamic variety, and 4K 10-bit 4:2:2 output over HDMI for even greater color control.
12. Sony Alpha a7R IV
- Stunning resolution: world’s first 61MP full frame 35 millimeter back illuminated Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor
- High speed: up to 10Fps continuous shooting at 61MP with AE/AF tracking; 26.2MP in APS C crop mode
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus: 567 Phase detection AF points and 425 contrast AF points to cover more area
- Advanced subject recognition: real time tracking and real time eye AF for humans, animals and movies
Check Out: Sony Alpha a7R IV Lenses
Sony Alpha a7R IV continues the noteworthy series of highly capable full-frame cameras, characterized by impressive stills and video performance and versatility. This fourth edition of the a7R sees the inclusion of an updated 61MP Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor and enhanced BIONZ X image processor, which afford impressive imaging results with marked smoothness, a 15-stop dynamic range, and, of course, speed. Up to 10 fps shooting is possible along with the ability to record UHD 4K30 movie, both with support for Real-time Eye AF and Tracking AF technologies. The revised sensor design uses a Fast Hybrid AF System, with 567 phase-detection autofocus points, for notably fast and accurate focusing performance.
13. Fujifilm GFX 50R
- 51.4MP medium format 43.8 x 32.9mm sensor for superior sharpness and image quality w/ X-Processor Pro Imaging processor
- Fujifilm g mount with short Flange back distance of just 26.7mm
- Weather and dust- resistant; operation to as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit \ -10 degrees Celsius; Operating Humidity: 10...
- Equipped with Dual memory card Slots - uses SD cards (UHS-ii recommended)
Check Out: Best Fujifilm GFX 50R Lenses
The Fujifilm GFX 50R is the rangefinder version of the company’s SLR-styled GFX 50S medium format digital camera. It offers a 43.8 x 32.9mm 51.4MP CMOS sensor and uses new G-mount lenses, with a crop factor of 0.79x. It uses the same X-Processor Pro as the GFX 50S and has a 117-point contrast-detect autofocus system. The body is remarkably compact and lightweight for a medium format camera and it sports a 3.2″ tilting touchscreen and an ultra-high-resolution 3.69M-dot OLED electronic viewfinder with a magnification of 0.77x. The top plate has dials for exposure compensation and shutter speed, while ‘swipe actions’ on the LCD have replaced the four-way controller.
14. Panasonic Lumix S1H
- Newly designed full frame sensor – 24 2MP full-frame MOS sensor offers a wide dynamic range and sharp natural...
- 6K 10-BIT VIDEO – Includes full-area 3 2 6K24p C4K(4 096 x 2 160) and anamorphic modes
- Dual native ISO – offers the advantages of very high sensitivity for low-light shoots while suppressing noise levels...
- V-log/v-gamut – features a wider 14+ Stops of dynamic range which are compatible with the Cinema VariCam look to...
Check Out: Best Panasonic Lumix S1H Lenses
The Panasonic Lumix DC-S1H is a video-centric full-frame mirrorless camera. Sharing a similar design as the S1 and S1R, this camera will be able to capture video at 6K/24p (3:2 aspect ratio), 5.9K/30p (16:9) and 10-bit 4K/60p. It features a V-Log/V-Gamut that can capture around 14 stops of dynamic range which, along with color and skin tones, is virtually the same as the company’s professional VariCam. The S1H has no recording limit for any of its movie modes.
In addition to the twelve lenses on Panasonic’s L-mount roadmap, EF and PL-mount adapters will allow the use of additional lenses.
15. Fujifilm X-T4
- Putting stability in your hands: A huge part of creating great photos or videos is making sure you are in the right...
- Performance you can rely on: For any serious image maker, having a tool that can be relied upon to perform flawlessly...
- Find the best angle for your story: When chasing the perfect image, versatility is key, so the last thing you want is to...
- When your story needs movement: The modern image maker is blurring the lines between photography and videography, and...
Check Out: Best Fujifilm X-T4 Lenses
The Fujifilm X-T4 is an enthusiast SLR-style mirrorless camera with a 26MP BSI CMOS X-Trans sensor and in-body image stabilization that can reduce shake by up to 6.5 stops. It uses the same hybrid AF system as the X-T3, with 425 phase-detect points, but with improved algorithms. The camera has the analog controls for shutter speed, ISO, and exposure compensation, with numerous customizable dials. The X-T3 has a 3.69M-dot electronic viewfinder with a large 0.75x magnification as well as a fully articulated LCD. The tough magnesium-alloy body is sealed against dust and moisture and features a pair of SD card slots that support UHS-II media.