The mirrorless camera industry has faced a major change throughout this decade. It is not just a simple and traditional point and shoot camera where you just click on to shut photos without having an optical viewfinder. The development of mirrorless camera through the years has gone way beyond and has been immensely compared even to the likes of DSLR cameras. Quality of photos have consequently improved and lots of features have been incorporated to keep track of the world’s competition and demand to photography.
That is why a lot of people these days preferred on buying a mirrorless camera instead of DSLRs for its convenient, sleek, and lightweight body structure. Camera lovers wanted to grab a portable camera during travels and capture important memories with the highest quality of pictures using easy handled and sophisticated camera.
Best Mirrorless Cameras 2019
If you are quite interested in buying a mirrorless camera, then this article will absolutely help you around. The following are a list of some of the best mirrorless cameras that are currently available for purchase in the local market.
1. Sony A9 (Best Mirrorless Camera)
- World's first Full-frame stacked CMOS sensor w/ integrated memory
- World's first blackout-free continuous shooting up to 20 fps
- Silent, vibration-free, anti-distortion shutter up to 1/32,000 sec.
- 693 Phase Detection AF points over 93% frame coverage
- In-the-box: Power cord, Cable Protector, AC Adaptor, Battery Charger BC-QZ1, Shoulder strap, Body cap, Accessory shoe cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable
Ace your captured photos with this new professional Sony A9 mirrorless camera. It incorporates the world’s premiere full-framed stacked highly sensitive CMOS sensor powered to give stunning and beautiful images. It has unique 24.2 MP sensor that runs through ultra-fast processing engine that is incomparable to some DSLRs. It shutters fast-tracked images with the world’s first blackout free continuous shooting which runs up to 20 frames per second. It is embodied with durable alloy magnesium body that is resistant to moisture. Also, this premium Sony mirrorless camera is fabricated with silent and vibration free shutter eliminating all the unnecessary noises and distortions during capturing. It is crafted with highly engineered controls and interface ensuring effective handling, focusing, and locking of photos. This records full-pixel HD videos that could be easily reviewed and edited using its slow-motion feature.
Check Out: Best Lenses for Sony A9
There is really a lot to say for this incredible mirrorless camera. It has very fast autofocus system and a processing engine that will extremely blow your mind. It runs with the world’s first full-frame stacked sensor and blackout free continuous shooting that makes it impeccably different among camera brands. This is completely quite handy and extremely versatile for any photo capturing situations. Though this camera really costly but given its features and specifications, you’ll surely won’t doubt on having it into your hands.
2. Fujifilm X-Pro2
- Newly-developed 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor reduces moiré and false colors to dramatically improve image quality and X-Processor Pro engine increases response times, achieves faster AF, lower noise and better color reproduction
- Advanced Hybrid Multi Viewfinder featuring a Multi-Magnification function that automatically switches view-finder magnification according to the lens and simultaneous EVF over OVF display
- Electronic shutter maximum speed of 1/32000 sec and a focal plane shutter with a top speed of 1/8000 sec. with flash synchronization of up to 1/250 sec.
- Intelligent Hybrid Phase detection AF with 273 selectable AF points, Dual SD Slots. Operating temperature is minus 10 degree Celsius to plus 40 degree Celsius
- 16 Film simulation modes including the new ACROS monochrome mode and Grainy effect
Take your photography to a different new level. Fujifilm X-Pro2 mirrorless camera delivers aesthetic and real-like images with its 24.3 MP CMOS Sensor that runs on highly sensitive 12800 maximum ISO performance. It empowers with the breakthrough technology on its processing engine which has 54fps to a maximum 85 fps speed. It has an advanced multi-hybrid viewfinder to keep you on track with your captured photos on your LCD screens. It is heavily protected with a robust magnesium body and extremely dust, water, and freeze resistant. It is incorporated with advanced modes, effects, and filters that allow image variation and versatility. It incorporates an electronic shutter bragging over a 1/8000 sec speed taking things super-fast and highly convenient.
Check Out: Best Lenses for Fujifilm X-Pro2
The long wait for the upgrade of Fujifilm’s XPro series is totally worth it. The specs and features of Fujifilm X-Pro2 new mirrorless camera have subsequently improved comparing to its predecessor. It’s viewfinder and the autofocusing system has become faster and better. Likewise, the upgrade included a weather sealing feature which makes it flexible upon different environmental conditions. Though there is a lot to celebrate with this upgrade, it still certainly lacks some features that are highly important for photo capturing. It has weak and unstable battery performance and does not even have a tilting LCD screen for which latest camera brands have. But nonetheless, this is a challenge for future versions of Fujifilm’s XPro series.
3. Panasonic LUMIX GH5
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTO & VIDEO: 20.3 megapixel Micro Four Thirds sensor with no low pass filter to capture sharp images with a high dynamic range and artifact-free performance
- SPLASH/FREEZEPROOF DESIGN: Freezeproof to -10-degrees the durable magnesium alloy body withstands heavy use in the field. Splash/Dustproof construction with weather sealing on every joint, dial and button
- DUAL IMAGE STABILIZATION: 5-axis dual image stabilization corrects all lenses, including classic lenses not equipped with O.I.S, to eliminate blur and nearly eliminate body and lens shake in both photo and 4K video recording
- 4K VIDEO CAPTURE: Records silky smooth 4K 60p/50p (QFHD 4K: 3840 x 2160 / MOV or MP4) video with internal 4:2:2 10-bit 4K video recording, plus exclusive 6K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus records photos up to 60fps
- CONNECTIVITY & PORTS: 3.5mm audio port, connect to devices with USB 3.0, an external monitor or external recorder with a full-size HDMI port; Available twin SD Card slots (UHS-II U3 compatible).Pixels:Approx. 1,620k dots
An all in one photo and video high-quality experience driven by stunning and brilliant features. Panasonic LUMIX GH5 professional mirrorless camera incorporates a 20.3 MP four-thirds sensor to capture out the greatest resolution of photos and videos. This records different videos governing through multiple frame size, rates, and resolutions that you could choose upon. It incorporates an HDMI terminal for easy video streaming through your computer and TV monitors. Panasonic LUMIX GH5 comes with a 3.2-inch vari-angle LCD screen to enjoy capturing photos and videos from multiple perspectives. It supports fast connectivity and transfer of photos and videos through its built-in WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity.
Check Out: Best Lenses for Panasonic LUMIX GH5
Panasonic has certainly a lot to offer with its mirrorless camera brand. It incorporates excellent video quality that is even suited for utilization on movie and film recording. It is completely portable and consists of highly robust material protection. It also has refined touchscreen controls and interfaces with a vari-angle LCD screen that makes thing convenient for image and video capture. But so much improvement in its video quality, the manufacturer has compromised its image quality. Though the image resolution is still acceptable but considerably way beyond comparing to the likes of other camera brands ranging from the same price. But still, Panasonic was successful in incorporating a quality image and video capture into one device. Hats off to them.
4. Sony A7R III
- INCREDIBLE DETAIL: Shoot high-speed subjects at up to 10fps with continuous, accurate AF/AE tracking
- OPTIMAL LIGHT: A back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor with gapless on-chip lens collects more light.Operating Temperature 32 - 104 degrees F / 0 - 40 degrees C
- FASTER IMAGE PROCESSING: An updated BIONZ X processing engine boosts processing speeds up to 1.8x
- STUNNING HD VIDEO: Sony Alpha 7R 3 mirror less cameras record clear 4K video for editing and viewing
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Power cord, charger, cable protector, shoulder strap, body/shoe caps, eyepiece cup.Metering Type:1200-zone evaluative metering
An evolutionary leap of photo experience. Sony A7R III mirrorless camera brand consists of a whopping 42.4 MP back-illuminated CMOS sensor with gap-less on less design and anti-reflective coating on its lens to improve and minimize distortions during photo capturing. It includes phenomenal processing engine technology which ensures to shoot over fast ranging speeds with exemplary ISO of 100-32000. It captures clearly moving objects with its 10 frames per second continuous and burst shooting. Sony A7R III mirrorless camera enjoys silent and high speed autofocusing and shuttering. It supports maximum high-resolution capacity with its 5 axes in body image stabilization. It includes a 3-inch tilting LCD screen that runs over to various angles and perspectives. It lasts long with its ultra-battery performance ensuring 2.2x more capacity and stamina as compared to its predecessor. Sony A7R III records exceptionally high-quality videos with intricate depth, color, and structure.
Check Out: Best Lenses for Sony A7R III
Since this is about to get a release for the next two to three weeks, let’s just take a review of this camera based on its specs being featured. It has a great autofocusing system and on the edge 42.2 MP resolution sensor for which is really impressive. It has exemplary and advanced 5 axis image stabilization technology and a great electronic viewfinder. Though with its price, it could have incorporated more touchscreen controls and intensifies its battery efficiency. But nonetheless, if you are still thinking about getting the latest mirrorless camera brands then this is an absolute try.
5. FUJIFILM X-T2
- 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor reduces moiré and false colors to improve image quality and X-Processor Pro engine increases response times, achieves faster AF, lower noise and better color
- Dust and moisture-resistant body with approximately 63 points of weather sealing; Freeze resistance to 14 Degree Fahrenheit
- High-precision 0.48-inch, 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder featuring a magnification of 0.77x and Ultra-fast Real Time Viewfinder with a lag-time of 0.005sec
- Full 4K 3840x2160 30P/25P/24P shooting (Using a card with the UHS Speed Class 3 or higher) ; Power supply: NP-W126S Li-ion battery (included)
- Tempered glass 1.04 million dot high-precision 3" tilting LCD monitor with three-directional tilt.EVF-Magnification ratio 0.77x, Shutter time lag 0.005 sec, 100fps live-view..Operating Temperature:-10°C - +40°C
Take your photography to new heights using Fujifilm X-T2 mirrorless camera. It delivers astounding and detailed quality images with minimal noise and distortions through its invigorating 24.3 CMOS sensor and fast-paced processing engine. Its body and screen are heavily protected from dust, moisture, and extreme weather by using quality and robust materials. It consists of a 0.48 inch powerful 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder and Ultra-Fast Real Time Viewfinder ensuring accurate and sharp capture of images. Fujifilm X-T2 incorporates a 3.0-inch tilting LCD monitor embodied with 1.04 million dots tempered glass for additional sealing. It records multi-variant resolution and frame size videos catering finest and versatile shooting experience.
Check Out: Best Lenses for Fujifilm X-T2
Fujifilm’s flagship has been making its waves to the mirrorless camera industry. It has a highly reliable design and material build that is extremely desirable and flexible in different situations. Fujifilm X-T2 includes a tiltable screen and highly improved processing engine and the autofocusing system. Its advanced film mode and filter effects take its pride with multiple additions as compared to its predecessor. Nonetheless, a lot of camera enthusiasts still view this camera not that good as compared to its competitors who enjoy the same price. Its autofocusing system could be enhanced to suit out other camera brands who captures excellent on fast moving objects. Likewise, this mirrorless camera is still exceptional for its portability and design.
6. Panasonic LUMIX G9
- Professional photo and video performance: 20. 3-Megapixel (Plus 80-megapixel high-resolution Jpeg/raw in-camera image) micro Four Thirds sensor with no low pass filter to confidently capture sharp images with a high Dynamic Range and artifact-free performance
- Rugged splash/freeze proof design: Durable magnesium alloy body withstands heavy use out in the field and is freeze proof down to -10-degrees; splash/dustproof construction with weather sealing on every joint, dial and button
- Class-leading dual image stabilization: 5-axis Dual image stabilization corrects all lenses, including classic lenses not equipped with O. I. S, to eliminate Blur and nearly eliminate body and lens shake in both photo and 4K video recording
- 4K 60P video & slow-motion effects: silky-smooth 4K 60P recording (QFHD 4K: 3840 x 2160/MP4); high-speed video recording yields a dramatic slow-motion effect in 4K (60 fps max. 2x slower [30P playback]) or full HD (180 fps max. 6x slower [30P playback]) quality
- Connectivity and ports: listen to headphones with a 3. 5mm audio port, connect to devices with USB 3. 0 and connect to an external monitor or external Recorder with a full-size HDMI port; available Twin SD card slots (UHS-II U3 compatible)
Get a picture-perfect photo quality experience. Panasonic LUMIX G9 modern and professional mirrorless camera is designed for improved portability and durability of its body. This incorporates a 20.3 MP resolution sensor powered with 80 MP high-resolution JPEG and raw in-camera image. It captures fast track objects and images with its breakthrough autofocusing system technology and 60 frames per second electronic shutter. It has a bulky OLED Live View Finder with 0.83x magnification and blackout free field of view. It consists of 6.5 built-in image stabilization system that records detailed vector information including angular velocity and motion through the inclusion of an accelerometer. It has a vari-angle touchscreen sensitive LCD display that could move through on different angles and perspectives. Panasonic LUMIX G9 connects through empowering WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth Technology for easy sharing of photos and videos.
Check Out: Best Lenses for Panasonic LUMIX G9
For starters, Panasonic LUMIX G9 mirrorless camera has an impressive image stabilization system. Panasonic has greatly improved to its predecessor’s 5.0 stop in body image stabilization system promising excellent shoots in various situations. Its design and build are likewise exemplary. Its body is sealed with magnesium alloy and is highly resistant to extreme weather conditions. It powers with a great and big electronic viewfinder for which is highly appreciated for this camera. Likewise, sacrifices were being made to cater portability of this camera. Its screen size was reduced as compared to its predecessor. Though still, let’s just see upon its release if it lives upon the expectations.
7. Sony A7S II
- Full-frame camera with 5-axis image stabilization
- Fast and effective, enhanced Fast Hybrid AF
- 12.2 megapixels 10 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor Lens Compatibility - Sony E-mount lenses
- BIONZ X image processing engine ; Clear Image Zoom :Still/Movie: Approx. 2x
- In the box: Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50; Cable Protector; AC Adaptor AC-UUD11; Battery Charger BC-VW1; Shoulder strap; Body cap; Accessory shoe cap; Eyepiece cup; Micro USB cable
Video recording to its maximum! Sony A7s II mirrorless camera is designed to cater to the weakness of several camera brands, its video quality. Sony A7s II mirrorless camera is the world’s first full-frame mirrorless camera 4K video recording exhibiting impressive and detailed video capture that you have never seen before. It also offers accurate capture on low sensitive lights enhancing its autofocusing system. It has 5 axes in body image stabilization system that is greatly utilized on enhancing the quality of videos. It brags on its very high magnification system whooping over 0.78x magnification to give clear images upon far distances. It has full frame 12.2 MP sensor to catch on high quality and sharp images. It supports sharing through WiFi with NTC for convenient sharing of photos and videos.
Check Out: Best Lenses for Sony A7S II
If you are an avid fan of video shooting, then the Sony A7s II mirrorless camera is recommended for your utilization. It has high magnification system and is still ideal for recording even to low sensitive lights. Despite sacrificing image quality to enhance its video capturing capability there are still some tweaks as related to it. The color density could be improved along with its battery performance since video recording takes sometimes long duration. Also, its price is quite expensive with no assurance of moisture and dust resistant properties. Overall, though Sony A7s II mirrorless camera is inflexible, this is still worth giving a shot especially if you love to capture videos rather than images.
8. Leica SL
- 24MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor Leica Maestro II Image Processor
- Internal DCI 4K Video & L-Log Gamma 0.66" 4.4MP 0.8x Electronic Viewfinder
- 2.95" 1.04M-Dot LED-Backlit Touchscreen Contrast AF System with 49 Fields
- Up to 11 fps Shooting and ISO 50000 Two SD Card Slots; 1.3" Top LCD Screen
- Weather-Resistant Milled Aluminum Body Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity and GPS
A powerful and underrated professional mirrorless camera. This premium camera incorporates a 24 MP full-frame CMOS sensor and 0.8x magnification electronic viewfinder used to create wonderful shots and images. It takes track of moving objects through its 11 frames per second continuous burst shooting. It brags on its 529 spot point autofocusing system that captures photos definitely on target. It records 4K high-quality videos extending its utilization to filming and shooting movies. It has a sturdy build fabricated from quality materials. It is a flexible camera employing water, dust, and extreme weather resistance.
This is supposed to be Leica’s first entry to the mirrorless camera market. With its previous uncompetitive mirrorless camera models, Leica has widely improved through this new camera brand. This camera could even match on the likes of Sony and Canon’s flagship mirrorless cameras. But nonetheless, this camera is prettily expensive twice or thrice as Sony’s premiere A7 series. It is also bulky and heavy forfeiting the purpose of portability. But overall, still a great buy for those camera lovers!
9. Sony A6500
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor sensor w/ advanced processing up to ISO 51.200
- Wide 425 phase detection AF points, Fast 0.05 sec. AF acquisition
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization steadies every lens. Silent Shooting. Noise Reduction :Long exposure NR: On/Off, available at shutter speeds longer than 1 sec., High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off
- 11fps continuous shooting to 269 frames at 24.2MP w/ AE/AF tracking
- 4K movie w/ 2.4x oversampling4, full pixel readout, no pixel binning
Boasting as the world’s fastest auto-focus speed, this professional mirrorless camera captures high-quality images clearly and sharply. It consists of a 24.2 MP CMOS sensor and a 0.05-second auto-focus system to keep every picture detailed and concise as much as possible. It allows you to take shots up to 11 frames per second of continuous shooting. Considering Sony A6500 camera is extremely portable, it is one of the first mirrorless cameras to incorporate the 5-axis in-image stabilization into its system. Thus, you don’t need to worry about blurs and distortions with this mirrorless camera. It records versatile video format and resolution from HD to 4K videos. It is sealed and protected with a strong magnesium alloy body to guard the mirrorless camera to extreme weather.
Check Out: Best Lenses for Sony A6500
This Sony’s superior mirrorless camera is one of the fastest auto-focus systems that the world has. This camera is an upgrade to A6300 mirrorless camera of Sony. It has greatly improved as compared to the predecessor. There are a lot of features that are incorporated into the Sony A6500 mirrorless camera that the former does not have. This includes a 5 axis image stabilization system, compatibility to various lenses, well-detailed electronic viewfinder, and expansive video streaming. But then despite these amazing features, there are still a lot of camera brands that are comparable to this camera for which has a cheaper price. However, if you are looking for a very fast shooting experience, then you could employ this mirrorless camera.