Almost everyone takes a camera with them on vacation, and we’ve decided to put together a guide to the best point-and-shoot cameras for travel. Having a great travel camera will help you capture those wonderful travel moments and share them with your family and friends. As professional travel photographers and writers, one of the most important pieces of our travel kit is our travel cameras. We rarely go anywhere without them!
Below are the best point-and-shoot cameras around, as well as the best prices. Our price tracking tool will pull in today’s best offers, so you can be sure you’re seeing the cheapest point-and-shoot camera prices and best camera deals available anywhere.
Best Point and Shoot Camera for Travel 2020
1. Sony RX100 VII
- 20. 1MP 1. 0 Type stacked CMOS sensor, Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* 24 200 millimeter F2. 8 F4. 5 large aperture high...
- 0. 02 sec. High AF speed, 357 point focal plane Phase detection AF and 425 point contrast detection AF
- Up to 20 fps blackout free shooting, using up to 60 times/sec. Af/AE calculations.Dioptre Adjustment:-4.0 to +3.0 m-1
- Ai based real time tracking for stills and movies, and touch tracking. Real time eye AF for human (stills and movies),...
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 VII can be an ultra-compact, long-zoom camera with a newly created 20 Megapixel, 1″-type sensor. It includes a 24-200mm comparative F2.8-4.5 lens, flip-up touchscreen LCD and a clever pop-up OLED viewfinder. The RX100 VII is with the capacity of taking quite brief bursts at 90 fps and can shoot blackout-free of charge at 20 fps.
On the movie side, the Mark VII captures oversampled UHD 4K video, Full HD at around 120 fps and lower resolution movie with a high frame price of almost 1000 fps. Unlike its predecessor, the RX100 VII includes a built-in mic insight.
2. Panasonic Lumix ZS60K
- 30x (24-720 millimeter) Leica DC lens optical zoom performance is ideally suited for travel and everyday photography
- 18 Megapixel sensor delivers high-resolution photos with fewer image artifacts
- 4K Ultra HD video recording Plus exclusive Lumix 4K PHOTO and 4K post focus photo capture features
- Eye-level electronic viewfinder (EVF) and touch-enabled LCD for a wider viewing experience
The Lumix DMC-ZS60 (TZ80 outside of North America) is a compact travel zoom with a 30X, 24-720mm equivalent lens. It sports an 18MP MOS sensor, the company’s latest Venus Engine processor, speedy Depth-from-Defocus autofocus technology and 4K/UHD video recording. Photos can be composed on a 3″ touchscreen display or a 0.2″, 1.16M-dot electronic viewfinder. Support for Wi-Fi is also included.
3. Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II
- 1.0 Inch, 20.1 Megapixel High sensitivity CMOS sensor
- Digic 7 image processor. Compatible with iOS versions 8.4,9.3 and 10.2 and Android smartphone and tablet versions...
- Ultra slim, lightweight and pocket size camera
- Features: Touch screen panel (capacitive type)
Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II from Canon mixes a compact form factor with advanced imaging capabilities. Pairing a 20.1MP 1″ CMOS sensor with a DIGIC 7 image processor, this combination produces clean, high-resolution image quality well-suited to working in difficult lighting conditions, with extended sensitivity to ISO 12800, and also avails quick shooting performance up to 8.2 fps for working with moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported, as well as in-camera time-lapse movies for producing dynamic moving image content.
4. Sony RX100
- Approximately 20.1 megapixels , Exmor CMOS Sensor, 28-100mm equivalent F/18-49 lens, ISO 125-6400 Expandable ISO 80,...
- Operating temperature:Approx. 0°C to 40°C (32F° to 104F°).1080p video, Steady-Shot image stabilization,Rear control...
- Burst Mode (shots)-Approx10 fps,(VGA) Moving Image Size -640x480 30fps Approx3Mbps. Flash range:ISO Auto: approximately...
- Bright F18 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T lens with 36x zoom, Full HD 1080/60p video with manual control and dual record,...
The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 is an enthusiast compact camera based around a 20MP 1″ CMOS sensor. It features a 28-100mm equivalent lens with F1.8-4.9 aperture range and image stabilization and is the first Sony compact to capture Raw files. It can shoot 1080p60 and capture 17MP (16:9 crop) stills concurrently. It includes a lens control dial and a 3:2 element ratio sensor (the same proportions as most DSLRs). It’s also the first Sony compact to feature the company’s ‘White Magic’ LCD technology, promising a brighter or lower-energy display.
5. Canon PowerShot SX740
- 40x optical zoom with optical image stabilizer and zoom framing assist
- 4K video and 4K time-lapse movie
- 20.3 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- High-speed continuous shooting
Canon PowerShot SX740 HS Digital Camera from Canon. Boasting a 20.3MP CMOS sensor and 40x optical zoom, this all-in-one point-and-shoot can capture things near and far. Helping the far end of its 24-960mm zoom range (35mm equivalent) is optical image stabilization which keeps your photos sharp and in focus. Zoom Framing Assistant makes it easier to track subjects at the long finish of the focal length by quickly zooming out and then back in at the press of a button once you’ve located your subject. Canon’s DIGIC 8 Image Processor helps the camera keep up with your shooting, allowing for 10-fps continuous shooting with AF lock on.
6. Panasonic Lumix LX10
- POINT-AND-SHOOT CAMERA: Large, 1-inch 20.1-megapixel MOS sensor plus 3X zoom LEICA DC VARIO-SU millimeter ILUX lens...
- TILTING SELFIE DISPLAY: Rear touch-enabled 3-inch LCD display (1040K dots) tilts upward 180 degree for easy selfie...
- 4K VIDEO CAPTURE: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160), plus exclusive LUMIX 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus with...
- LENS-MOUNTED CONTROL RING: Manual lens-mounted control ring brings DSLR-like exposure control to a compact...
The Panasonic DMC-Lx10 is n updated version of Panasonic’s LX line of enthusiast compacts. It maintains the small body, bright lens ethos that has made the range so popular but now includes a 20MP 1″-type sensor. A decent number of control points and touchscreen mean plenty of direct control, despite the small size. A 24-72mm equivalent F1.4-2.8 lens makes it a very capable pocket camera.
7. Sony RX100 III
- 209 MP 1"-type Exmor R CMOS sensor ; Optical zoom:2.9x (Optical Zoom during movie recording)
- Operating temperature:32-104°F / 0-40°C.24-70mm equivalent F/18-28 lens
- Continuous shooting up to 10 FPS
- Pop-up electronic OLED viewfinder with 1,440,000 dots
The Sony RX100 III is the most premium of pocketable premium enthusiasts compacts from Sony. Built around a 1″ CMOS sensor and a 24-70mm equivalent F1.8-2.8 Zeiss lens, it promises sharp images even in low light. Other than the redesigned zoom lens, the Mark III differs from its other RX100 siblings by including a built-in and retractable OLED viewfinder with the same T* coating as the camera’s lens to reduce flare and ghosting. The RX100 III also features built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity for both wireless image sharing and camera control via smartphone, and a multi-angle WhiteMagic LCD display.
8. Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III
- 20. 1 Megapixel 1. 0” stacked CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 Image processor.
- 4. 2x optical zoom Lens (24-100mm f/1. 8-2. 8) with optical image Stabilizer.
- 4K 30P/ FHD 120P video.
- Turn your Canon camera into a high-quality webcam--Learn more: canon.us/livestream
The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III is a premium compact camera with a new 1″-type, 20MP Stacked CMOS sensor. The stabilized zoom lens is the same as on its predecessor: 24-100mm equiv. F1.8-2.8. The G7 X III retains the same 3″ touchscreen display, which can flip upward by 180° for selfies and vlogging. The most notable feature on the G7 X III is the ability to live stream video on YouTube direct from the camera. It can also capture cropped 4K/30p and uncropped 1080 movie at up to 120p. Impressively, the G7 X III can shoot Raw images at around 30 fps with its electronic shutter with locked focus, or 8.3 fps with continuous AF, both with a healthy buffer.
9. Fujifilm XF10
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- 3.0-Inch” (Approx. 1, 040k-dot) Color LCD Touchscreen, aspect Ratio 3: 2
- Standard output Sensitivity of Iso200 - Iso12800. Extended output Sensitivity of Iso100 - Iso51200
- Bluetooth version 4.1 low energy technology
The Fujifilm XF 10 Digital Camera from Fujifilm features a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor, fast lens, high ISO sensitivity, and video recording capabilities that excel when on the go. Though weighing just 9.88 oz, the XF 10 packs an 18.5mm f/2.8 fixed lens into its body. The bright f/2.8 aperture enables exceptional depth of field control and when paired with ISO sensitivities that can reach 51200 when boosted, mean the XF 10 excels in low-light situations.
The image sensor can also output detailed 4K video at 15 fps for up to 30 minutes of recording. Full HD 1080p recording is also possible, as is 720p slow-motion video. These photos and videos can be viewed on the 3″ 1040k-dot LCD touchscreen that fills the back of the camera.
10. Panasonic Lumix FZ80
- Point and Shoot Long Zoom Camera: 18.1 megapixel MOS sensor plus 60X zooms DC Vario lens (20 1220 millimeter and Power...
- High Resolution View Finder & LCD Display: High resolution 1,170K dot view finder and rear touch enabled 3 inch LCD...
- 4K video Capture: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160) with three unique 4K ultra HD video pause and save 4K photo...
- Low Light Performance: Low light capture lets you enjoy photography during your nightlife again with impressive results;...
The Lumix DC-FZ80 from Panasonic pairs an expansive 60x zoom lens with high-resolution stills and 4K video shooting functionality. Revolving around an 18.1MP High-Sensitivity MOS sensor, the FZ80 has a top sensitivity of ISO 6400 for working in low-light conditions as well as a 10 fps shooting rate and UHD 4K/30p video recording at 100 Mbps. In addition to the versatile still shooting modes, the FZ80 also supports recording UHD 4K/30p video at 100 Mbps in the MP4 format. Full HD 1080p/60 is also supported, as well as slow-motion 720p/120 and 480p/240 recording settings.
11. Panasonic Lumix ZS70 / TZ90
- 20. 3 Megapixel MOS sensor plus 30x Leica DC VARIO ELMAR lens (24 720mm), Plus 5 axis Hybrid O. I. S. (Optical image...
- 0. 2 Inch 1, 166k dot EVF (electronic view finder) with eye sensor for easier viewing under sunny outdoor conditions
- 4K QFHD video recording (3840x2160), Plus exclusive Lumix 4K PHOTO and 4K post focus with internal focus Stacking...
- Lens barrel mounted control ring enables quick, intuitive operation of important functions
The Lumix DC-ZS70 (TZ90 outside of North America) is a compact travel zoom with a 30X, 24-720mm equivalent lens. It sports a 20.3MP BSI CMOS sensor, the company’s latest Venus Engine processor, improved Depth-from-Defocus autofocus technology and 4K/UHD video recording. Photos can be composed on a new tilting 3″ touchscreen display or a 0.2″, 1.16M-dot equivalent electronic viewfinder. Support for Wi-Fi is also included.
12. Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS200
- [Larger 1 Inch Sensor] 20.1 Megapixels large sensor for brighter and more colorful photos (12800 Max ISO).
- [LEICA DC 15x Lens] Leading class optical zoom performance with a bright F3.3 ? 6.4 aperture for soft defocus background...
- [Creative Control] Scene modes, filter modes, adds creativity while traditional aperture and shutter priority modes...
- [4K Features] 4K Video 30p, 4K PHOTO, and 4K Live Crop turn 4K frame capture into photography. Focusing Area - Normal:...
Lumix DC-ZS200 Digital Camera from Panasonic is a sleek point-and-shoot camera with notable photograph and video features. Despite its compact size at only 4.4″ in width, the digital camera manages to incorporate a large 1″ High-Sensitivity MOS sensor and a Leica 15x optical zoom lens for shooting high-quality 20.1MP photos. The ZS200 is also characterized by its intuitive actual physical design, with both an electronic viewfinder and a rear LCD screen accessible. The Live Look at Finder is really a 0.21″ 2330k-Dot EVF that allows for comfortable eye-level monitoring, while the large 3.0″ 1240k-dot LCD touchscreen is usually best-suited for image review, menu navigation, and a live look at shooting. Additional features include in-camera raw file processing, L-monochrome mode for black and white images, and Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity.
13. Olympus Tough TG-6
- Waterproof (50 feet /15 meter), dust proof, shockproof (7 feet / 2.1 meter), crush proof (100 kgf), freeze proof (14...
- High resolution F2.0 lens, maximum 8x zoom, true pic VIII, back illuminated CMOS image sensor
- Variable macro system comprised of 4 macro shooting modes, magnified shooting up to 1 centimeter from the end of the...
- 5 underwater shooting modes including underwater microscope, 3 underwater white balance modes
Tough TG-6 from Olympus is really a smooth point-and-shoot capable of handling a wide variety of adventures. Featuring a 12MP BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the TG-6 gives notable image clarity and low-light performance to ISO 12800, along with fast 20-fps continuous shooting, 4K30p movie recording, and high-speed Full HD 1080p shooting at 120 fps. Complementing the capturing capabilities is a versatile 4x optical zoom lens, which spans a 25-100mm equivalent range, and has an f/2 maximum aperture to benefit working in difficult lights conditions.
14. Panasonic Lumix ZS50
- 12. 1 Megapixel sensor delivers high resolution photos with fewer image artifacts
- 30x (24mm) LEICA DC Lens optical zoom performance is ideally suited for travel and everyday photography
- Enhanced low light sensitivity for improved sharpness even without a flash
- Built-in eye viewfinder eliminates outdoor glare on sunny days
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 camera is a small point-and-shoot camera having a 12.1MP High Sensitivity MOS sensor and Venus Motor image processor make it possible for high-resolution even now imaging and complete HD 1080p video recording with obvious low-light quality and sensitivity to an expandable ISO 6400. Fast overall performance can be afforded through the entire camera system, like the ability to report full-quality imagery at up to 10 fps or 6 fps with continuous AF. Total HD 1080p movie recording is backed in several frame rates around 60 fps in the high-high quality AVCHD Progressive format or 30 fps in the Internet-friendly MP4 format. An onboard stereo mic is incorporated into the camera’s style to render clear-sounding audio with suppressed mechanical noise and, with the inclusion of a car Wind Cut functionality, lessened background sound.
15. Fujifilm XP140
- Is 100-12800, allowing for lots of light and extremely fast shutter speed
- Waterproof to 82 ft. , shockproof up to 5. 9 ft., freeze proof to 14º f and dustproof
- Smile shutter - The new feature automatically takes the photo. When you select “smile shutter” you will no longer...
- 4K/15P video – capture the world around you in ultra-high definition with the 4K movie capability at 15 frames per...
Fujifilm XP140 is a rugged camera complemented by versatile imaging features. Its 16.4MP CMOS sensor allows high-quality stills shooting, UHD 4K (15p) video recording, and will be offering a broad ISO 100-12800 sensitivity range to match working inside a number of situations. Also, the sensor’s back-illuminated design maintains even, low-noise image high quality when working in hard lighting problems. Complementing the sensor is really a Fujinon 5x optical contact lens, which addresses a 28-140mm comparative focal length variety, and sensor-shift image stabilization really helps to minimize the looks of camera shake for sharper handheld capturing.