Picture taking is part of our life. We always take the track and keep memories through photos whether it’s just an occasion or getaway travels, we always make sure that we always bring a camera to take photos. But through decades, the art of photography has gone to dimensions and cameras had evolved to a different arena. Smartphones are incorporated with cameras that allow selfies and your group pictures accessible. DSLR cameras have been used for photo shoots and layouts to provide high-quality imaging. So, what’s left for point and shoot cameras? There is more than you should understand.
Why should you purchase point and shoot cameras?
As for those who do not know, point and shoot cameras or compact cameras are those who do not use films on capturing photos. This is a still camera that has its corresponding lenses, focus, and often flashes. As compared to DSLR, point and shoot cameras are cheaper and lightweight.
Getting interested? To know more, here are 10 of the most after sought point and shoot cameras under $500.
Best Point and Shoot Cameras Under $500
1. Sony RX100 II
- 20.2 MP 1"-type Exmor R CMOS sensor. 28-100mm equivalent F/1.8-4.9 lens.
- Continuous shooting up to 10 FPS. ISO 160-12800, expandable ISO 100, 125, and 25,600.
- . 1080 60p/24p HD video with full exposure control (MPEG-4/AVCHD)3.0 inch tiltable TFT LCD with 1,229,000 dots
A powerful digital still compact camera that captures every perfect picture detail with ease through it’s highly sensitive and 1.0 inch back-illuminated CMOS sensor allowing to capture light effectively bringing less noise and distortion on your photo taking experience. It has high-performance aperture lens with 3.6x optical zoom ability that brings any graphics memory closer. This point and shoot camera capture more through its Multi-Interface Shoe that allows you to affix accessories no matter where you go. It has a multi-angled 3 inch LCD that could be shifted to different angles (45° downward and 84° upward).
This under $500 point and shoot camera seem really expensive. Though it explicates great image quality the same as those of DSLR and smartphones it lacks some features and specs that most of compact and DSLR cameras. It has only limited zoom capability for which is definitely handy when you want to take on close scale pictures. But if you want a pocket-sized camera that could capture high-quality pictures, then this point and shoot camera is an excellent choice for you to buy.
2. PowerShot G9 X Mark II
- 1.0 Inch, 20.1 Megapixel High sensitivity CMOS sensor
- Digic 7 image processor. Compatible with iOS versions 8.4,9.3 and 10.2 and Android smartphone and tablet versions 4.1,4.2,4.3,4.4,5.0,5.1,6.0,7.0,7.1
- Ultra slim, lightweight and pocket size camera
An advanced technology ultra-slim compact camera that will let your unforgettable memories bring to high-quality videos and photos. This point and shoot camera contain a 1.0 inch 20.1 Megapixel 1 CMOS sensor and a DGI7 Image Processor that lets you take photos at any day or night you would like. This compact camera has a Full HD Video resolution that records videos of your getaways as it’s best. It also includes continuous shooting capturing moving objects clearly.
For under $ 500 category, this point and shoot camera are worth a try. It captures amazing and high-quality photos the way you like it. Though this camera is not ideal for professional or close up imaging, this compact camera is excellent when you want to just take photos with your family and friends. It also includes full HD video experience that taking memories as it’s best. Though much expensive than most smartphones, this point, and shoot camera is still recommended.
3. Fujifilm X30
- 12MP 2/3-inch X-TransTM CMOS II sensor with no Optical Low Pass Filter
- 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder with 0.65x magnification
- Bright F2.0-2.8 Fujinon 4 x Optical Zoom Lens
A superior high-quality point and shoot under 500$ photo capturing that comes up with a 2/3 inch 12 MP X-Trans CMOS II Sensor that takes photos clearly imitating realistic images. This compact camera under 500$ depicts increased responsiveness and speed avoiding lags and slow camera phases. This contains an electronic viewfinder making your pictures in a wider and brighter perspective making high-resolution photos possible. It incorporates a 12 px continuous shooting that allows you to take fast pace memories within your screen.
This point and shoot camera under $500 is recommended as compared to other compact cameras. This takes photos with high-resolution and includes an electronic viewfinder that most compact cameras within this price do not have. This has good auto-focusing mode and contains a multi-displayed LCD that could be shifted 45 degrees making it viewable at other angles. However, it has a bit complicated controls and interface, and slow startup time. But nonetheless, this compact camera is still viable for purchase.
4. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
- KIT INCLUDES 12 PRODUCTS -- All BRAND NEW Items with all Manufacturer-supplied Accessories + Full USA Warranties:
-  Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 4K Wi-Fi Digital Camera +  Transcend 64GB SDXC U3 Card +  Spare DMW-BLC12 Battery +
-  52mm (UV/CPL/ND8) Filters +  PD 50" Compact Travel Tripod +  PD-C10 Camera / Camcorder Case +
A multi-feature professional point and shoot camera that brings a high-quality display video and photo experience. It incorporates a 4K photo technology and an Ultra HD Video that enhances your compact camera the best. This powerful point and shoot camera contain three functional modes that capture every ideal moment experience. It also has full aperture zoom experience.
This point and camera under $500 is a definite buy for those compact camera lovers. Though this does not have the best features as compared to other point and shoot camera brands, it contains comparable high-quality imaging that could be used even by professional photographers.Also, this compact camera is dust and waterproof. It could be zoomed in the widest angle comparable to other high-end cameras. The price is really reasonable experiencing with its multiple specs and benefits.
5. Olympus Tough TG-5
- New 12 MegaPixel Hi Speed Image Sensor for improved low light performance and noise reduction
- Underwater: compensation: -2 EV to +2 EV (in 1/3 EV steps); Bright F2.0 high speed Lens; Video Recording format : MOV(MPEG 4AVC/H.264)
- Dual Quad Core TruePic VIII Image Processor 3.0 inches 460k Dot LCD Monitor; Focus Range Normal: 3.94 inches (10 centimeter) to Infinity Macro: 0.4 inches (1 centimeter) to Infinity
A durable photo capturing the experience on which contains a high-speed lens that allows you to shoot at multiple locations and areas anytime. It gets low noises from it’s specialized image sensor that let you took photos even in the darkest locations. This compact camera allows underwater shooting mode making your swimming memories turn to images. This is ultimately water, dust, and freezeproof making the compact camera exquisite and different.
There are less compact cameras that include underwater and night-out shootings but this point and shoot camera under $500 is a must have especially to those who frequently travel and go to beaches. This is an ultimate travel guide with its lightweight and tough body that captures bonding memories with your friends and families. This is also dust and freeze proof makes it more reliable than those sensitive compact cameras. It does not have the best quality of video and photos but a definitely recommended if you want to capture your trips and adventures.
6. PowerShot SX730 HS
- This Canon Bundle Includes The following items, Camera Comes Complete with 1 Year Canon USA Warranty :
- Canon PowerShot SX730 Silver Digital Camera – 20.3MP 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor - DIGIC 6 Image Processor - 40x Zoom Lens, 24-960mm (35mm Equiv.) - 3.0" 922k-Dot 180° Tilting LCD - Full HD 1080p Video...
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to wirelessly transfer images to a linked mobile device and Bluetooth pairing allows you to easily connect to smartphones or tablets to permit remote control over...
This empowering ultra-zoomed point and shoot camera under $500 captures objects as it’s best whether nearby or at long distances. This compact camera consists of a 40x optical zoom and a 20.3 Megapixel CMOS Sensor letting you experience an aesthetic imaging capability. The 3.0 inch LED Display could be shifted to a different angle allowing for selfies and multi-angled picture taking. This has built-in wireless and Bluetooth connectivity that transfers and shares your photos and videos to your android phones.
This point and shoot camera under $500 is definitely worth a shot. Its price is highly reasonable with its long-range features capturing high-quality photos and video recordings including its wide coverage zoom lens that lets you take images anywhere you want. Though users demand on how the compact camera has poor autofocus but nonetheless, this is an excellent compact camera with excellent features.
7. COOLPIX B700
- 20.2MP 1/2.3" BSI CMOS Sensor
- NIKKOR Super ED 60x Optical Zoom Lens and rechargeable Li-ion battery EN-EL23
- 24-1440mm (35mm Equivalent) and focal length is 4.3 to 258mm,maximum aperture is f/3.3, to 6.5
This DSLR style point and shoot camera capture photos and videos the way you wanted it. It contains a 60x to 120x optical zoom experience making every detail well-captured even at low lights. This compact camera under $500 has a 20-megapixel backside illuminated CMOS sensor that takes high-quality photos and videos the maximum. It contains Dual Detect Vibration Reduction (VR) keeping photos to get shaky and blurred. This is entirely compatible with any smartphones and could connect to it through built-in Wifi, NFC, and Bluetooth low energy.
This point and shoot camera under $500 gives you a different kind of zooming experience ranging from 60x and a maximum of 120x. This feature makes it different to any compact camera under $500 price. This also captures images and full HD videos with quality resembling a DSLR camera. It also contains a multi-angle LED display that allows you to take selfies and group pictures no matter what perspective the fullest.
8. Nikon 1 J5
- 20.8MP CX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor EXPEED 5A Image Processor
- 3.0" 1,037k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD UHD 2160p/15 and Full HD 1080p/60 Video
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC Hybrid AF with 105 Phase-Detection Areas
This simple design point and shoot camera include a high autofocus response and a 10.1 MP high resolution that lets you take photos clearly. This extra-small and the portable compact camera come with a high-speed processing taking fast pace photo capturing. This includes a 10-30mm zoom range allowing you to take photos at longer distances. This also prevents camera shakes that cause blur photos. This has compact and interchangeable lens system that makes your optical capture the best.
A lightweight, easy to use and durable compact camera under $500 that captures photos as with ease and simplicity. Though there is no special feature for this product as compared to other compact cameras, the important is it takes images and videos (1080 HD) with great quality. This also has dual lens making it excellent it is. Other than that, this product is quite reasonable for its price though there could be a lot of alternative compact cameras for it.
9. Panasonic LUMIX DC-ZS70
- KIT INCLUDES 11 PRODUCTS -- All BRAND NEW Items with all Manufacturer-supplied Accessories + Full USA Warranties:
-  Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 4K Wi-Fi Digital Camera (Black) +  Transcend 64GB SDXC U3 Card +
-  Spare DMW-BLG10E Battery +  Battery Charger +  PD-DC200 Camera Case +
The ultra-strength point and shoot camera that captures images and video on it are the best quality. This compact camera features a 30x optical zoom that allows capturing of nearby and far end photos. It has a 20.e megapixel high sensitivity sensor and 5 axis optical stabilization recording high-quality pictures including with moving objects. It contains a 3840 x 2160 quality of video recording that is four times better than full HD giving a realistic and cinematographic viewing experience. It includes also an eye viewfinder that keeps you capture photos even the heat of the sun will continuously bother you.
This point and shoot camera will give you a different photo experience as compared to other compact cameras under $500. This has an ultra-high resolution for video recording that is not included in other compact cameras under $500. This also has 30x optical zoom and captures a 20.3 MP quality photo. The price though is quite reasonable for its features. This is a must use for those people who love to record vlogs, videos, and getaway experiences!
10. Sony HX400V
- Clear Image Zoom ZEISS Lens. Panorama (Recording): Intelligent Sweep Panorama (supports 360 format)
- 20.4MP Exmor R CMOS Sensor for superb low light images
- Keep your subject in focus with Lock-On AF. Screen type: 7.5cm (3.0 type)(4:3) / 921,600 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
A high-quality compact camera that shoots still photos at its peak. It constitutes a 50x to 100x optical zoom bringing the farthest to closest realistic images. This is also excellent on cropping images, not resolving it’s quality. This point and shoot camera include a 20.4 MP camera lens that extremely fast speed delivering the highest resolution to your pictures. It is also Wifi built in connecting to your tablets and smartphones the fastest and easiest way.
We need high-quality photos and this compact camera gives its function even at low lights. This also has an impressive optical zoom that ranges up to 100x that most compact cameras under $500 don’t have. For the subsequent features, the price is quite okay for the product. Though there a lot of similar products with the same features let’s give this a go for its optical zoom. This is ideal for travels and adventures where you need at most times to zoom out.
Read More :