1. Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
- f1.2 maximum aperture
- Ring-type UltraSonic motor (USM), Focal length : 85mm, Closest focusing distance : 3.2 feet
- EF mount, medium telephoto lens, High-speed AF and circular aperture create shallow depth-of-field
This lens, with its large aperture, is said to be ultimate professional portrait prime lens. Its wide aperture, which provides a narrow depth of field and a dramatic focus, its Floating optical systems and aspherical elements help its results to be of exceptional definition, with almost no flares or reflections. It is probably the largest aperture in any 85mm lens, which makes it suitable enough for low light conditions, especially for portraits. This is considered the perfect and ultimate lens for portraits by professionals.
2. Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- The Sigma 85mm 1.4 DG HSM Art is the latest addition to the world renowned Sigma Global Vision Line
- It has equipped newly designed hyper sonic motor (HSM) for nimble AF control, 1.3 times better torque of its predecessor
- This lens is compatible with Mount converter MC-11 , so Sony E-mount users can also enjoy this lens with it
One of the highly recommended portrait lenses is this one, with its amazingly accurate focus and booked effect. It has proved itself by achieving an exceptional 93% overall score and a Gold Award at DPReview. It is best suited for professional, portrait, dim light or night, landscape, wedding, and photojournalism photography.
3. Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD
- Superior resolving power and attractive bokeh
- Fluorine Coating and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Electromagnetic diaphragm system
If looking for a lens for near-realistic images, this large and swift aperture telephoto lens is the best option. The swift aperture of f/1.8 help in providing the edge to edge focus and brightness, and so a perfect combination of sharp and bokeh images. The results are surprisingly realistic and in true proportions.
4. Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
- 85 millimeter standard lens with f/1.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras,Lens Type:Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) brings subject quickly into focus, Focal length: 85 millimeter, Closest focusing distance: 2.8 feet
- Natural angle of view and perspective is ideal for portraits and natural images
In the affordable range, this lens in one of the most suitable of its kind and price. It is a highly practical lens, best used for dim light and shallow depth of field focus. It is also very suitable for many applications like portraiture.
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS 5Ds / 5Ds R
- Best Portrait Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 5Ds
- Best Telephoto Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 5Ds, 5Ds R
- Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 5Ds, 5Ds R
- Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 5Ds, 5Ds R
- Best Macro Lenses for Canon EOS 5Ds, 5Ds R
- Best Travel and Walkaround Lenses for Canon EOS 5Ds, 5Ds R
- Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 5Ds, 5Ds R
- Best Standard Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 5Ds, 5Ds R
- Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 5Ds, 5Ds R