The Canon 80D is one of the newest and higher resolution 24MP sensor cameras that you can find in the market nowadays. What you can expect from the Canon 80D is that it has a faster processor and also has an impressive 45-point AF system as well as a Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology. The camera performs very well in many areas such as giving you a bigger range than previous cameras and even give a lower ISO. The autofocus is also more versatile with the Canon 80D.
A downside would be that the Canon 80D lacks some of the features that more modern DSLRs have. Then again, the camera still gives you excellent image quality and even raw high ISO performance. It’s very fast and has an excellent Dual Pixel CMOS AF. You can also expect a good battery life, a headphone jack, f/8 AF support, and 1080/60p video quality. The new Canon 80D is as one can say a milestone camera under Canon.
Best Portrait Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
|Sigma 50mm F1.4 Art DG HSM Lens for Canon||$949.00 $707.09||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens||$125.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens - Fixed||$199.00 $179.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Standard & Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras - Fixed||$399.00 $349.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Sigma 35mm F1.4 Art DG HSM Lens for Canon||$1,199.00 $729.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Wide-Angle Lens||$599.00 $549.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon EF 85mm f1.2L II USM Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras - Fixed||$1,999.00 $1,849.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM Large Aperture Medium Telephoto Prime Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras||$899.00||Buy on Amazon|
It is very impressive on its own and can bring you camcorder-type video autofocus as well as a responsive and fast viewfinder like autofocus. The Canon 80D and its stunning Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology give you nothing but the best with the pictures and the videos that you shoot.
1. Sigma 50mm F1.4 ART DG HSM
- 50mm focal length
- 75mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 77mm filters
The Sigma 50mm F1.4 ART DG HSM Lens is one of the best Canon 80D lenses that you can look up for your camera. If you are looking for the perfect Portrait Lenses, this would be a good choice to start with. It has been redesigned as well as re-engineered so that they can create a new standard when it comes to the Art line of camera Prime Lenses. It offers a large 1.4 aperture that is also a pro-level performer camera.
You can use this lens for shooting pictures such as portrait photography, studio photography, landscape photography, and of course street photography. It also has a Super Multi-Layer coating and is one of the most high-performance lenses when it comes to modern DSLR sensors. It also has a Hyper Sonic Motor which can give a smooth, quiet, and accurate autofocusing. It also has a Special Low Dispersion glass to offer.
2. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
- 50mm focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35m) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continous Move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80mm effective focal-length on APS-C cameras, 50mm on full-frame cameras.Lens Construction:6 elements in 5 groups
The Canon’s EF 50 F1.8 STM Lens is something that you should check out when looking for good Canon 80D lenses. It is one of the best Portrait Lenses that are out there, and you can also make use of it when you are looking for Prime Lenses. You can attach it to an APS-C camera to give you very effective focal lengths, and it also gives you a metal mount for greater stability when shooting.
It has a very efficient focal length and is best when it comes to action pictures, portraits as well as nighttime photography. It also has a bright maximum aperture which makes it work better even in the low light. It gives you very sharp images as well as movies that capture the background perfectly.
3. Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
- 40mm focal length, Lens not zoom able, 64mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- Minimum focus distance : 0.30m/11.81 inch, F2.8 maximum aperture; F22 minimum
- Stepper-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 52mm filters, Lens Construction: 15 elements in 12 groups
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 100mm 1:2.8
What you can expect from the Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens is that it is among the great selection of Prime Lenses that you should consider buying, there are plenty of Portrait Lenses on the market, and this lens is a good call for Canon 80D lenses out there. It is a unique lens and is also a very indispensable addition when it comes to a series of EF lenses. You can find that the lens is very lightweight and is ultra-slim.
All of which means that you can expect very clear pictures from the subject of your pictures and even to the background. You can expect that there are lesser ghosting and flares when you shoot with this lens.
4. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Standard focal length 50mm lens is effective in a multitude of shooting situations and ideal for day-to-day shooting
- Elements/Groups: 7/6; Diaphragm: Blades 8; Filter Thread: Font 58mm
- An f/1.4 maximum aperture provides clear imaging in low light situations and shallow depth of field
- Ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) operation is fast, smooth and virtually silent
- Two high-refraction lens elements and new Gaussian optics eliminate astigmatism and suppress astigmatic difference
The Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Standard Lens is one of the Canon 80D lenses on the market that you should check out when you want to buy Prime Lenses that is perfect for your camera. There are also great Portrait Lenses such as this lens that can give you the high quality that you need. The lens is a very standard one which offers portability and at the same time amazing quality.
When you are a casual and professional photographer, this is one of the lenses that you need to get. It is the only lens which is in the EF system that offers you an extra-small Micro Ultra Sonic Motor and at the same time giving you a full-time manual focusing option.
5. Sigma 35mm F1.4 ART DG HSM
- High speed with large aperture
- HSM (Hypersonic motor) and inner focusing system
- Accessories include: Lens Hood (LH730-03), carrying case
- 35 MM Focal length, Lens not zoomable
- 67mm filters
Now you have the Sigma 35mm 1.4 DG HSM which is a state of the art lens that is fully designed for full frame cameras. When you’re looking for good Portrait Lenses out in the market, you can always check out these Canon 80D lenses and their specifications. The product is one of the best Prime Lenses that you can buy for the camera that you have.
The lens also has new features such as a unique lens concept as well as an impressive design. It gives you a staple focal length especially in the world of photography. When you are truly in for the artistic recreation of your photos, then this would be the lens to go to. Take your artistic expression through photos to a whole new level.
6. Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 35mm 1:2
- Lens construction: 10 elements in 8 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 63 Degree
- Rear focusing system with USM focus adjustment
- Closest focusing distance: 0.24m/0.79 ft,Focal Length : 35mm Comparable APS-C 1.6x Focal Length: 56 mm.Lens Construction:10 elements in 8 groups
In choosing the most compatible Canon 80D lenses, you need to make sure that the specifications will work well with the camera that you have. For Portrait Lenses you might want to look at the Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM Wide-Angle Lens, this is also one of the best Prime Lenses that you can find out there.
The lens has a redesigned mechanical as well as the optical structure, and it also features a GMO which is aspherical lens element that can give you high image quality. The performance of the lens is very much improved especially when it comes to the periphery.
7. Canon EF 85mm f1.2L II USM
- f1.2 maximum aperture
- Ring-type UltraSonic motor (USM), Focal length : 85mm, Closest focusing distance : 3.2 feet
- EF mount, medium telephoto lens, High-speed AF and circular aperture create shallow depth-of-field
- 111mm focal length for APS-H sensors, 136mm for APS-C sensors, Lens not zoomable
The Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II is one of the Canon 80D lenses that you can check out when you are looking for Portrait Lenses to use on your camera. The lens is also under the Prime Lenses classifications and can give you nothing but the best performance. The lens makes use of a ring-type USM and also a high-speed CPU to give the best quality pictures.
When it comes to the high-speed AF and the circular aperture, the lens can create a shallow depth-of-field that successfully brings in the attention to the subject of the photo. Which also means that the background is subtly blurred which is what makes portraits and weddings look even more amazing.
8. Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM
In choosing the ideal Canon 80D lenses for your camera, don’t forget the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM Large Aperture Medium Telephoto Prime Lens. The lens is one of the perfect Portrait Lenses that you can encounter. It is one of the best Prime Lenses that are sold on the market. It is the standard when it comes to the Portrait Lenses and has a distinctive focal length as well as a large aperture.
You can use this lens from everyday pictures to portraits. Ti is also designed for full frame sensors and has multiple Sigma technology that can improve the image quality even more. It also has a Hyper Sonic Motor that enables you to shoot in auto focus quickly, smoothly and best of all, quietly.
- Best Lenses for Canon 80D
- Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Canon 80D
- Best Portrait (Prime) Lenses for Canon 80D
- Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon 80D
- Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon 80D
- Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon 80D
- Best Wildlife and Sports Photography Lenses for Canon 80D
The Canon 80D is probably one of the best choices that you can make if you are planning to get the camera from Canon. It has an impressive Pixel CMOS AF technology and is also able to bring in camcorder like video autofocus which is also responsive, fast and viewfinder-like AF that is perfect for taking stills.
There are a lot of new and significant updates when it comes to the Canon 80D. It has a new 24.2-megapixel APS-C CMOS imaging sensor and a new DIGIC 6 image processor which enables the camera to perform even faster. The product is a camera to watch out for when you would lie to transition from your beginner cameras to a much more pro model one.