1. Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- 50mm focal length
- 75mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 80mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F1.4 maximum aperture; F16 minimum
This lens shows a professional performance for Full frame DSLRs, excelling in different types of videography and photography, portraits, landscapes, stills, and studio works. It had smooth, silent and precise autofocus, provided by a Hyper Sonic Motor. Its Special Low Dispersion glass and Multilayer coating add to its perfect performance.
2. Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
- 40mm focal length, Lens not zoom able, 64mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- Minimum focus distance : 0.30m/11.81 inch, F2.8 maximum aperture; F22 minimum
- Stepper-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
This lens is a compactly structured one which nevertheless provides flawless image quality. It is a portable and travel-friendly fit to kit zooms for APS-C users and is a flawless General Canon EOS-1D X lens for full frame use. Its STM motor helps make its autofocus near to quiet, though not very quick. It gets an 84% overall score and a Gold award at DPReview.
3. Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
- Weather-resistant standard lens
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture-50mm F/1.2, Closest Focusing Distance - 1.48 ft. / 0.45m
- AF with full-time manual focus, 72mm filter size. Magnification - Extension Tube EF12 II - 0.39-0.24. Magnification - Extension Tube EF25 II - 0.67-0.53
Best suited for dim light photography, this lens provides sharp and clear images, with the quickest autofocus in all of its kind. Its weather safe, sturdy and appropriate structure help reduce flares or reflections, making it unusable in any situation. This lens is a professional quality lens which is brilliant in use for professional or advanced amateur photographers.
4. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Standard focal length 50mm lens is effective in a multitude of shooting situations and ideal for day-to-day shooting
- Elements/Groups: 7/6; Diaphragm: Blades 8; Filter Thread: Font 58mm
- An f/1.4 maximum aperture provides clear imaging in low light situations and shallow depth of field
Comparative to all but the extensive zooms, this version of the Canon EF 50 mm performs exceptionally well in a compact package. It is well portable and high quality in the provision of images. Though the professionals would go for the f/1.2 version, the f/1.4 still is a brilliant alternative. It managed to get an 87% overall score and a Gold award at the DPReview.
5. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
Brilliant for everyday photography, this is a lens also perfectly suited for dim light photography. It has a fixed focal length, and a large aperture which improves its image quality. Its compact design and affordable range make it one of the best of its kind.
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS-1D X
- Best Macro Lenses for Canon EOS-1D X
- Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS-1D X
- Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS-1D X
- Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS-1D X
- Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon EOS-1D X
- Best Telephoto Prime Lenses for Canon EOS-1D X
- Best Standard Prime Lenses for Canon EOS-1D X
- Best Travel and Portrait Lenses for Canon EOS-1D X