The skill of a photographer is just as important as using a quality camera to capture great shots. The Canon EOS 80D is a DSLR camera that is both pleasant to use and capable of capturing quality images. A successor of the 70D, the Canon 80D displays many features similar to its predecessor. One of which is the Dual Pixel on-sensor autofocus system. However, Canon 80D’s sensor is already a great improvement from 70D’s.
The new 24MP APS-C CMOS of the Canon 80D offers more than just continuity of focus on capturing video. It also delivers continuous focus in live view mode. The image capture capabilities of the 80D are already interesting. But using zoom Canon 80D lenses will produce better results than Standard Lenses.
Zoom Lenses increase a photographer’s versatility allowing you to do a variety of assignments while ensuring image quality. It allows shooting subjects in distant locations, especially when you cannot physically move closer to them. This is the case in wildlife and sports sessions.
Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
You can experiment with a variety of image and video compositions with Zoom Lenses, which is a difficult feat with wide-angle lenses. You can produce more creative portraits while playing with the settings of the lenses.
The right choice of Zoom Lenses helps you create sharp images, which often rival those captured using fixed-focal-length lenses. If you are hoping they get the best zoom Canon 80D lenses, you can refer to the guide below.
1. Tamron SP 24-70mm Di VC USD
- 24-70mm focal length, Minimum focus distance - 0.38m/14.96 inch
- 36-105mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 38.4-112mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum, Ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
The Tamron SP 24-70mm Di VC USD is a high-speed camera thanks to its Ultrasonic Silent Drive motor that functions silently during autofocus. Reduced shakiness is delivered by the Vibration Compensation Image Stabilization from is a brand.
This model of Canon 80D lenses can be used on full-frame, APS-C, and 35 mm SLR cameras with minimal chromatic aberration. Creative blurred effects and high resolution are both achievable with the Tamron Standard Zoom Lenses’s ƒ/2.8 aperture. Using this lens makes full use of the rounded diaphragm of Tamron resulting in the artistic blurriness in images. Bringing this lens in a variety of settings will save you from worries of getting your investment damaged because of it’s brand new moisture-resistant built.
2. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
- 24 70 millimetre focal length, 38.4 112 millimetre equivalent focal length on Canon APS C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum, Ring type ultrasonic type AF motor with full time manual focusing
- 82 millimetre filters, closest focusing distance: 0.38 meter/1.25 feet
The Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM is one of the Standard Zoom Lenses on the market today. It features top quality durable construction and high-end performance in a variety of settings. Chromatic aberration and color blurring at the subject’s edges is kept to a minimum by the Super UD and UD lens elements of this model.
The entire image area, along with the full zoom range of the lens, has minimal spherical aberration brought by the aspherical Canon 80D lenses of this product. You can achieve color balance with low ghosting thanks to the optimized lens coating. If you want to create soft backgrounds, this model of Standard Zoom Lenses is equipped with a 9-blade circular diaphragm that you can use to achieve the desired effect.
3. Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 Art DC HSM
- F1.8 maximum aperture
- F16 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing, 72mm filter size
The Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 Art DC HSM is the first wide-angle to Standard Zoom Lenses to have an aperture of 1.8. This innovation allows you to achieve more in your photography or videography sessions. Since curvatures are common at a wide angle, this model of Canon 80D lenses compensates for it and the aberrations that come along through its Special Low Dispersion glass.
For better functionality, the lens has internal focusing and zooming capabilities. In terms of durability, the lens keeps you covered with its Thermally Composite Material composition. It’s Hyper Sonic Motor, on the other hand, makes sure that autofocusing is accurate, swift, and smooth.
4. Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
- 17-55mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon DSLR cameras
- AD and aspherical elements deliver impressive image quality through entire zoom range, Closest focusing distance : 1.15 feet
- Image Stabilizer lens groups shift to compensate for image shake even in dim lighting
For speed and quality image, Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM a lens for Canon 80D that meets consumer demands. It has a large circular aperture that produces a creative blur for the background. Its shallow depth of the field results to attention being drawn to the subject even more. Camera shake is minimized through the Image Stabilizer groups of the lens. This allows you to produce clear and crisp shots even under dim light settings.
When it comes to autofocus, these Standard Lenses attains it with minimal noise and fast speed. The lens’s ultrasonic motor and inner focusing capability still allow you to make manual adjustments even if you are in the autofocus mode.
- Canon 80D Review
- Best Lenses for Canon 80D
- Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Canon 80D
- Best Portrait (Prime) Lenses for Canon 80D
- Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon 80D
- Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon 80D
- Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon 80D
- Best Wildlife and Sports Photography Lenses for Canon 80D
With high-quality Canon 80D lenses available, you achieve clearer, crisper, sharper, and more creative images for your photography and videography sessions. Standard Lenses with specialized zoom features will let you get exactly what you want with a shot or experiment with new image compositions. High-end Standard Zoom Lenses may come at a price, but the satisfaction you and your clients achieve with it is worth so much more.
With all the information stated in this guide, may you be able to land on the right decision on which Standard Lenses for Canon EOS 80D to invest in?