The Canon EOS 80D is certifiably one of the DSLR cameras that deliver the results photography enthusiasts are expecting. A successor of the EOS 70D, the Canon 80D still acquires the 70D’s 24.2 MP CMOS sensor but now provides a continuous autofocus system.
In terms of design, the 80D is almost identical to its forerunner but has had some improvements of its own; one of which is its bigger size but lighter weight. The Canon 80D sports a mirror vibration control system, which will make photos taken using the shutterless blurry. A huge step up for this DSLR camera is the 7560-pixel RGB+IR sensor, which is far from the 70D’s 63-zone double layer sensor.
Using Telephoto Zoom Lenses, you can achieve more with the Canon 80D than with just standard lenses. Telephoto Lenses allow you to get the right proximity of a shot without affecting the clarity and quality when you just cannot get close enough to the subject.
Quality Telephoto Zoom Lenses add more versatility to your photography experience since it can be used not just for bringing subjects afar closer to you for a focused shot but also for filling in a frame, drawing attention to an aspect of an object from a far distance, capturing fast-paced action, as well as shooting portraits.
If you are shopping for the best Telephoto Lenses for the Canon 80D, then search no further as the recommendations for quality Canon 80D lenses are already posted below.
1. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM UD
- Impressive focal range.Diagonal Angle of View 34° - 8° 15'
- Travel friendly size, packs small and stays small with a manual lock switch on side of barrel. Note: lens can only be locked at 70mm range as it is for travel only. Focal Length & Maximum Aperture:...
- Focus Adjustment Type - lens extension via inner focusing focus cam, plus floating mechanism.Closest Focusing Distance: 1.2m/ 3.9ft
The Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM UD is a travel-sized lens that features a remarkable focal range. The extension of the Canon 80D lenses can be adjusted through the inner focusing cam along with floating mechanism. It allows you to focus the distance to as close as 3.9 feet or 1.2 meters. At full extension of the inner lens at 300 millimeters, it reaches up to 8.25 inches in length. Note that this lens can only be locked at its 70-millimeter range since it is designed for travel.
The striking focal range of these Zoom Lenses is great for shooting nature, sports, and landscape. Aside from its size, what makes it great for travel photos is its dust and water-resistant coating that keeps the unit safe as you try to shoot in dirty and wet areas.
2. Tamron SP 70-200MM F/2.8 DI VC USD
- The most compact lens in its class
- Minimum Focus Distance :1.3m (51.2 in), Focal length: 70-200mm
- Fast F/2.8 aperture throughout the zoom range, Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent moisture from penetrating the lens
If you take your time to examine Telephoto Zoom Lenses in the same class as the Tamron SP 70-200MM F/2.8 DI VC USD, you will come to the conclusion that this is the most compact. But even if it is the smallest, it is capable of delivering high-edge images because of its image stabilization feature. Its fast autofocus mechanism allows you to shoot a picture as you decide to capture it.
Throughout the zoom ranges of these Canon 80D lenses, there is still high contrast and resolution thanks to the new optical design of the Tamron SP 70-200mm. To further deliver high image quality, the model has an innovative multi-layer coating that lessens the flaring an ghosting as you shoot for pictures. The resulting image is thus clearer and crisper. For blur effects, you can rely on the lens’s rounded diaphragm, which is achievable all because of the high speed on this Tamron Telephoto Lenses.
3. Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS STM
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 55-250mm 1:4-5.6
- Closest focusing distance: 0.85m/2.8 ft.
- Lens construction: 15 elements in 12 groups
One of the Canon 80D lenses that add versatility to a photographer or videographer’s lens collection is the Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS STM with its optical image stabilizer that corrects shakiness, extends shooting reach, and achieving image sharpness. All which is possible whether you are using your camera with this lens on a tripod or just handheld. High speed is another of the desirable features of these Zoom Lenses, which is brought about by its new CPU design.
Through the UD lens, chromatic aberrations are lessened making way for high contrast and high-resolution images. Compatibility is rarely an issue with the Canon EF-S because of the front element does not rotate thereby using it with accessories like the polarizing filters does not come with an issue.
4. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
- 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4.5-5.6 maximum aperture for Canon EOS SLR cameras
- 3-stop Image Stabilizer for reducing camera shake; ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM), Macro Focus Range : 1.50 m
- Electro-magnetic diaphragm (EMD) helps create attractive background at large apertures
The Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM is one of the high-performance Zoom Lenses that has many great features including the image stabilizer, outstanding autofocus, and background defocusing to name a few. You get three stops of shake correction with the lens and image stabilization even if you are panning out to follow a moving subject.
The speedy autofocus of this Canon 80D lens delivers high accuracy and precision to prevent an overshoot once you have arrived at the right focus point. If you want to isolate a subject, the EMD with a circular aperture of the Canon EF 70-300mm defocuses the background while producing a creative effect.
- Canon EOS 80D Review
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
- Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
- Best Portrait (Prime) Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
- Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
- Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
- Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
- Best Wildlife and Sports Photography Lenses for Canon EOS 80D
The range of Zoom Lenses for the Canon EOS 80D allows you to improve your versatility at taking pictures or shooting videos whether you are a professional videographer or photographer or just an enthusiast. When shooting moving or far-away subjects where the option of getting closer is not possible, the Telephoto Lenses lets you capture a clear and crisp image with high resolution and contrast.
With all the information in this guide, may it help you come to the right decision of which Canon 80D lenses to invest your money in?