When the Canon 5D Mark IV appeared on the market, the photography community was abuzz with glee and excitement. It has a 30-megapixel full-frame sensor, a seven frames-per-second continuous shooting mode, a Digic 6+ fast image processor, and other built-in features such as Wi-Fi, Near Field Communication (NFC), and GPS.
Aside from its wealth of features, the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is an ideal DSLR to be paired with quality travel and walkaround lenses. If you’re a travel or street photographer, you need lenses that can give you both portrait and landscape photos on the fly. Some lenses won’t let you have the best of both worlds.
Take for example if you’re using an ultra-wide prime lens; you might have gorgeous landscape photos, but your portraits will all have a fisheye effect. Unless you’re going for a unique approach to portrait photography, having a distortion in your pictures of people might not be your cup of tea.
Best Travel & Walkaround Lenses for Canon 5D Mark IV
As such, it is a smart idea to use travel and walkaround lenses that help you take both landscape and portraits without having to switch lenses every time.
If you’re looking for the best travel and walkaround lenses for the Canon 5D Mark IV, then look no further as the information you seek can already be seen in this post.
1. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM (Best Travel Lens)
- 24 70 millimetre focal length, 38.4 112 millimetre equivalent focal length on Canon APS C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum, Ring type ultrasonic type AF motor with full time manual focusing
- Purchase this product between May 1, 2016 and July 30, 2016 and get 13 months of free damage protection from Canon. The product must be registered within 30 days of the purchase date to be eligible
For many travel and street photographers, the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM is the only lens attached to their Canon 5D Mark IVs for the entire duration of their travels. It is a cut above the rest of the travel and walkaround lenses on the market as it features excellent optics for day-to-day use. It is equipped with an Ultra Sonic Motor (USM) that features silent and accurate shooting.
Canon EF 24-70mm can help you shoot citizens of a particular location in their natural environment. For many photographers and photo enthusiasts, there’s always something nice to look at when a person is naturally doing their daily activities. Capturing those moments with this lens and the Canon 5D Mark IV is a great way to enhance your street or travel photography.
2. Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 35mm f/1.4
- Subwavelength Coating (SWC) helps significantly reduce lens ghosting and flare.Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 63°
The Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM is one of the excellent travel and walkaround lenses you can get for your Canon 5D Mark IV. It offers great overall performance for shooting landscapes, close-ups, portraits, and street photography. You can also use it for other types of photography if you desire as it is a very versatile lens.
Such versatility is a surprise, especially if you consider that it is a prime lens. As a prime lens, there’s no zoom function, so you have to move with your feet if you want to zoom in or out of your main subjects. Nonetheless, subjects in photos come out very sharp, and its f/1.4 maximum aperture helps you achieve one of the creamiest “Bokeh” effects you can get in a lens.
3. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM (Travel Lens Under $500)
- Standard focal length 50 millimeter lens is effective in a multitude of shooting situations and ideal for day-to-day shooting
- Elements/Groups: 7/6; Diaphragm: Blades 8; Filter Thread: Font 58 millimeter. Minimum focusing distance: 17.8 inch
- An f/1.4 maximum aperture provides clear imaging in low light situations and shallow depth of field
The Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM is great if you’re into landscape or portrait photography. If you prefer these two types of photography, then having versatile travel and walkaround lenses should be part of your camera bag. This Canon lens can bring your Canon 5D Mark IV to life (so to speak) as it can help you obtain crisp images with as little flare as possible.
The reason behind the minimal amount of ghosting and flaring is its two high-refraction lens elements that work together with Gaussian optics. These parts also work well in dealing with astigmatic difference. Also, it can even assist photographers who are suffering from astigmatism. However, it might not be the perfect lens for photos of large groups of people (unless you’re shooting from afar).
4. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- High speed with large aperture
- HSM (Hypersonic motor) and inner focusing system
- Accessories include: Lens Hood (LH730-03), carrying case
While there are many travel and walkaround lenses out there that are built for both crop and full-frame sensor DSLRs, the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art is designed to fit well with the latter option. If you have a full-frame camera, like the Canon 5D Mark IV, then you can unleash the potentials of this lens.
It has SLD and FLD glass elements that assist in eliminating both axial and chromatic aberrations. It also makes use of a large maximum aperture to let in as much light as possible. Hence, it is an excellent lens to have when you’re traveling in dimly lit areas. It also has a USB dock and an accompanying Optimization Pro software to allow an easy way to update its firmware.
Read More :
- Best Lenses For Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses For Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Best Macro Lenses For Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Best Wide-Angle Prime Lenses For Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Best Travel And Walkaround Lenses For Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Best Standard Prime Lenses For Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Best Portrait Lenses For Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Best Wide-Angle Zoom Lenses For Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Best Standard Zoom Lenses For Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Best Telephoto Prime Lenses For Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
Travel and walkaround lenses work their magic by letting you gain an excellent mix of both landscape and portrait photography in one package. When attached to a high-end DSLR, like the Canon 5D Mark IV, you can gain access to stunningly sharp images of landmarks and sceneries, while still giving you the performance to shoot flattering portrait photos.
If you’re looking for very capable travel and walkaround lenses on the market, let the items posted on this list be your guide. Who knows, one of the lenses listed here might even be the next unit to grace your camera bag.