1. Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
Thanks to the extremely wide aperture, this lens is rated as the best lens available in its respective category for the enthusiasts and professionals. The wide aperture allows the photographer to have a dramatic focus fall-off and a narrow depth of field. It has a tremendous floating optical system and an aspherical lens element which are responsible for producing some of the marvelous images with excellent quality and minimal or no reflections, ghosting and flare. This lens is perfect for dim-light photography and portraits.
2. Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- The Sigma 85mm 1.4 DG HSM Art is the latest addition to the world renowned Sigma Global Vision Line
- It has equipped newly designed hyper sonic motor (HSM) for nimble AF control, 1.3 times better torque of its predecessor
- This lens is compatible with Mount converter MC-11 , so Sony E-mount users can also enjoy this lens with it
This lens engineered by Sigma received a Gold Award and a 93% overall rating from the critics at DPReview. This lens has a tremendous bokeh effect paired with the detailed focus that you can even focus on the pupils of the subject’s eyes while blurring the eyelashes. This lens is perfect for those professionals who are up for capturing portraits, landscapes, photojournalism, wedding, and low-light photography.
3. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
- 24 70 millimeter focal length, 38.4 112 millimeter equivalent focal length on Canon APS C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum, Ring type ultrasonic type AF motor with full time manual focusing
- 82 millimeter filters, Closest Focusing Distance: 0.38 meter/1.25 feet
This lens can easily tackle the top of the line prime lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III available in the present day market. It has an excellent weather-sealed construction along with rapid fast and precise autofocus. It is difficult to find any major flaw in this marvelous piece of a lens. From portraits to landscapes, you can capture almost everything with this versatile lens. It received a Gold Award and an 87% overall score from the DPReview’s experts. It is ideal for those who want to get the best possible optics in an ‘every day’ standard zoom lens.
4. Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 35mm f/1.4
- Subwavelength Coating (SWC) helps significantly reduce lens ghosting and flare.Lens Construction: 14 elements in 11 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 63°
Those photographers, who want an all-rounder lens with speed and sharp results, should get this powerful lens. It is equipped with a 9-blade maximum aperture of f/1.4 which produces fine results in low-light with beautiful and soft background blurs. It assists in providing a level of clarity and resolving power which is required by the latest generation of Canon’s high-resolution DSLRs. It has excellent construction and has sealing against dust and water due to which it could be used in some of the most challenging circumstances. It is suggested for those who are up for shooting portraits, close-up photography and landscapes.
5. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
- Standard focal length 50mm lens is effective in a multitude of shooting situations and ideal for day-to-day shooting
- Elements/Groups: 7/6; Diaphragm: Blades 8; Filter Thread: Font 58mm
- An f/1.4 maximum aperture provides clear imaging in low light situations and shallow depth of field
This excellent all-rounder can be used with full-frame DSLRs and could also double as a portrait lens on APS-C DSLRs. It received a Gold Award and an 87% overall rating from DPReview thanks to its versatile performance with excellent results. It is pretty sharp and is priced pretty economically making it an ideal lens for our budget-friendly photographers.
6. Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- High speed with large aperture
- HSM (Hypersonic motor) and inner focusing system
- Accessories include: Lens Hood (LH730-03), carrying case
Thanks to the economical price and a fast and silent autofocusing paired with durable construction, this lens is an ideal alternative to its expensive counterparts. 89% overall score and a Gold Award from DPReview makes it more attractive to the photographers.
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Macro Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Standard Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Telephoto Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Travel and Portrait Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III