While full-frame DSLRs are known to be large and chunky, the Canon EOS 6D is one of the smaller ones on the market. With its compact construction comes a lightweight build. Hence, many photographers take pride in using it because it won’t weigh down their hands too much as opposed to using beefier units.
Aside from its lightweight and compact construction, it makes use of a 20-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, an ISO range of 100 to 25,600 (can be pushed further to make it into a 50 to 51,200 range), and it has 11 Auto Focus (AF) points. While it is a more modest version of the Canon 5D Mark III, photographers who are on a tighter budget can still produce amazing shots with this model.
Now when you’re a landscape photographer with a Canon 6D, you might be perusing around the market for excellent wide-angle prime lenses. These lenses should help you get more of the scenery in each shot, and they should deliver great levels of sharpness across the entire frame.
Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon 6D
|Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Ultra-Wide Angle Fixed Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras||Check Price|
|Zeiss Milvus 2.8/21 ZE Le||Check Price|
|Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Wide Angle Lens - Fixed - 2750B002||Check Price|
Looking at the market for the many different wide-angle prime lenses can be a tough task to deal with. Luckily, we’ve already listed the best wide-angle prime lenses for the Canon 6D.
1. Canon EF 14mm II USM
- Lens construction is 14 elements in 11 groups
- Focal length is 14mm, maximum aperture is 1:2.8 and has gel filter holder at rear of lens
- Closest focusing distance is 7.9 inches
If you’re shooting wide open sceneries, landscapes, or any architecture, then you might be amazed by how well the Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM can perform. It produces superb photos with plenty of detail. However, you need to be cautious as the front element has a bulbous nature, which means there’s no way to cover it with a traditional lens cap if you’re trying to shield it from the elements.
Also, this is a “rectilinear” lens, which means it doesn’t provide a fisheye effect as compared to other wide-angle prime lenses on the market. Instead, the horizontal and vertical lines on the image will remain straight. So if you’re not a fan of distortion in your landscape photos, then this lens ought to be a game changer for your photography.
2. Zeiss Milvus 21mm ZE
- CREATIVE STILL AND VIDEO PHOTOGRAPHY THROUGH PRECISE MANUAL FOCUSING: ZEISS Milvus lenses feature a large rotation angle which enables pinpoint focusing. The top-quality focusing mechanism moves...
- FUTURE-PROOF SOLUTION FOR HIGH-RESOLUTION CAMERA SYSTEMS: The excellent image performance of the ZEISS Milvus lenses is sharply focused on the requirements of current and future high-performance...
- EXCELLENT IMAGERY, EVEN IN DIFFICULT LIGHT CONDITIONS: All lenses features ZEISS T* antireflective coating. In addition, all lens edges are finished with a special pitch-black lacquer in a complex...
The Zeiss Milvus 21mm f/2.8 ZE is made by a well-known third-party lens maker, and this particular model makes its way into the list of excellent wide-angle prime lenses on the market. It is made with an enhanced Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating to minimize ghosting and flaring significantly. Therefore, you can shoot landscapes and sceneries in difficult lighting conditions, and you can still get the shot you desire.
It is also made with a durable frosted and anodized metal lens barrel, so it can do more than just brush off the usual bumps and scrapes. The lens barrel is also weather-sealed to protect itself from moisture and dust. As for the images being shot with this lens attached to your Canon 6D, those are nothing short of amazing as photographs come out very sharp from corner-to-corner.
3. Canon TS-E 17mm Tilt-Shift
- Tilt and shift lens compatible with all Canon EOS cameras; ultra wide 17mm focal length
- High-precision lens elements for low distortion and high resolution; +/- 6.5 degrees Tilt and +/-12mm Shift
- Aspherical and UD lens elements minimize chromatic aberration
The Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Tilt-Shift is advertised as the widest tilt-shift lens in the brand’s lineup of wide-angle prime lenses. It has a 17-millimeter focal length to help you get more out of the landscape, architecture, or scenery into the shot. It is also made with UD glass to help minimize, as well as compensate for chromatic aberrations.
This particular lens is compatible with all Canon cameras, but using it on your Canon 6D can produce exemplary results. If you’re using it for its tilt-shift effect, then its circular aperture will assist you in creating beautiful blurred highlights while your main subjects remain as sharp as possible. However, like with other wide-angle prime lenses on the market, this model also has a bulbous front element.
4. Canon EF 24mm II USM
- Lens not zoomable
- Minimum focus Distance is 0.8ft
- Focal Length -24 mm
The Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM produces tack-sharp images with an overall impressive performance across different settings when attached to your Canon 6D. It has a large aperture of f/1.4, which means you can use this in dimly lit situations. When you use it at its maximum aperture, subjects remain sharp while the background becomes a beautiful, creamy blur.
It also has a very solid construction, and it even includes a rubber gasket. Also, if you have a 77 to 200-millimeter filter that’s just lying around, then you can use it on this lens as it has a 77-millimeter photo filter thread. Unlike some wide-angle prime lenses on the market, this particular model can also be ideal for day-to-day use and not just for landscape photography.
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS 6D
- Best Travel and Portrait Lenses for Canon EOS 6D
- Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 6D
- Best Macro Lenses for Canon EOS 6D
- Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 6D
- Best Telephoto Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 6D
- Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 6D
- Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 6D
- Best Standard Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 6D
If you’re having difficulty in searching for the right wide-angle prime lenses to add to your camera bag, then let items listed here be your guide to help you reach a sound judgment as to which lens to purchase next. These lenses are placed on this list because of their incredible performance, excellent build quality, user-friendliness, and their overall features.
You might even find your next wide-angle prime lenses to be one of the units found on this list. Just remember that some of these wide-angle prime lenses will bring you photos with the fisheye effect while others will be straight across the board. Choose your lens wisely to go with your style of photography.