What makes the Canon 5D Mark III a very capable camera is its wealth of features that prove to be beneficial for the hobbyist, enthusiast, casual, veteran, and professional photographer. It makes use of a 22-megapixel full-frame sensor, and it has a 61-point Auto-Focusing (AF) system which is reminiscent of the brand’s EOS-1D X.
Albeit the Canon 5D Mark III has been around the market for quite some time already, it’s still a go-to DSLR for many photographers. When attached with capable wide-angle zoom lenses, then you’re going to get the most out of each shot so that you have less of a chance to waste precious shutter count.
With wide-angle zoom lenses for your Canon 5D Mark III, you can take advantage of their versatility, so you have more options for compositions as opposed to using prime lenses. Also, you can zoom in or out with a quick motion, unlike using prime lenses wherein the only option for zooming in or out is by using your feet.
Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon 5D Mark III
If you’re already searching which lens to purchase, then you might want to look no further as we’ve gathered information about the best wide-angle zoom lenses for the Canon 5D Mark III for your convenience.
|Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Lens||$2,199.00 $1,899.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM Lens||$2,999.00 $2,699.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Tamron SP AFA012C700 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Wide-Angle Lens for Canon EF Cameras||$1,199.00 from $876.98||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L ll USM Zoom Lens for Canon EF Cameras||from $1,899.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens||$1,099.00 $999.00||Buy on Amazon|
|Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras||$799.99 $499.99||Buy on Amazon|
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
- High performance L-series ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with constant f/2.8 maximum aperture.
- All-new optical design for significant improvements in outer and corner sharpness.
- Sub wave length Coating (SWC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC) help to significantly reduce flare and ghosting.
- Highly resistant to dust and water intrusion, enabling shooting even in harsh conditions*.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds. Not an Extender Compatiblity. Magnification with Extension Tube EF12 II- 0.65 at Tele (Not compatible at Wide). Magnification with Extension Tube EF25 II- 1.14 at Tele (Not compatible at Wide).Lens Construction:16 elements in 12 groups.Filter Size: 82mm, P=0.75mm/1 filter
Wide-angle zoom lenses are plenty on the market, but the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM is one lens that’s a keeper. It is built with a focal length range that’s excellent for landscape and other types of photography. Its f/2.8 maximum aperture allows you to get stunningly sharp images of your main subjects while the rest of the photo becomes a creamy blur.
If you don’t like the “Bokeh” effect and would want to have each area of the image to be as sharp as possible, then just lower its aperture to get photos with sharp elements from corner-to-corner. This lens has excellent control over color and contrast, so each photo comes out with a definite “pop” in them.
Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM
- L-series ultra-wide zoom lens with an impressive 11mm starting focal length
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 11-24mm f/4, Closest Focusing Distance : 11 in. / 0.28m
- New optical design and the use of one Super UD element and one UD lens element
- Subwavelength Coating (SWC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC), Inner focusing, ring USM, a high-speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode
If you want to focus on your landscape photography with the use of your Canon 5D Mark III, then adding the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM to your collection of wide-angle zoom lenses is worth the consideration. Its ultra-wide focal length of 11-millimeters lets you get more of the scenery in a single shot.
Shooting at with an 11-millimeter focal length will, however, produce a fish-eye effect on your images. Instead of reaching for another type of lens to deal with that effect, you can just zoom in and use its 24-millimeter focal length instead. As such, it promotes versatility for each shot taken, and this can be beneficial to many landscape photographers everywhere.
Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
- Vibration Compensation for sharper images
- USD Ultrasonic Silent Motor for quick and quiet focusing.Minimum Focus Distance-11" (.28 m)
- 9 blade round aperture for ideal bokeh effects
- Works with full frame DSLR cameras
- Fast 2.8 maximum Aperture
The Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD is a member of the list of best wide-angle zoom lenses on the market for your Canon 5D Mark III as it delivers super shooting performance with outstanding image quality. It works well with full-frame cameras, especially your Canon 5D Mark III, and its versatility proves to be more beneficial for some photographers as opposed to using prime lenses.
Just like with other high-quality wide-angle zoom lenses, this particular unit can withstand the standard bumps and scrapes. It is also made with Low Dispersion (LD) glass elements that assist in bringing out utmost sharpness with each photo as a chromatic aberration is reduced significantly.
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
- 16-35mm ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture
- 3 high-precision aspherical lens elements produce superior image quality, Closest focusing distance: 0.92 feet
- Circular aperture produces natural background blur at wider apertures, Ring-type USM for fast and quiet autofocusing; internal focusing
- Measures 3.5 inches in diameter and 4.4 inches long; 1-year warranty
The Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM will help you broaden your horizons when you’re taking pictures with the Canon 5D Mark III. Take advantage of its 16 to 35-millimeter focal length, and the full-frame sensor of your DSLR, to get more of the scene into a single image.
Wide-angle zoom lenses are common on the market, but only a few make use of circular apertures, just like the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM. Its circular aperture means you’re going to get creamy, blurry backgrounds when needed (and with the right composition practices). It also has a ring-type Ultra Sonic Motor (USM), which can be a boon for videographers as auto-focusing is both swift and silent.
Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- Full-time manual focus permits critical focusing precision, even in AF mode. Help provide excellent color balance
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
When you think about wide-angle zoom lenses having an f/4 maximum aperture, you might immediately assume it’s not going to be good enough for low light scenarios. The Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM is different from that assumption as you can get stunningly gorgeous images inside concert halls, nightclubs, and other dimly lit environments.
Not a fan of taking photos with your Canon 5D Mark III inside public places? Then how about using this lens while capturing majestic images of star trails? This lens helps you get sharp images from corner-to-corner. It is an ideal lens for landscape photography, but you can also take amazing portraits and nature photos with it as well.
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
- 17-40mm ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with f/4 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras.Diagonal angle of view 104° - 57° 30'
- 3 aspherical lens elements and super UD glass element create superior optics in all conditions, Closest focusing distance : 0.9 feet
- Powerful ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) produces fast and silent autofocusing, Focuses as close as 11 inches; supports screw-in 77mm filters or up to 3 gel filters
- Suitable for Wedding/Nature Photography, Weather-resistant construction; measures 3.3 inches in diameter; 1-year warranty
- Purchase this product between May 1, 2016 and July 30, 2016 and get 13 months of free damage protection from Canon. The product must be registered within 30 days of the purchase date to be eligible.
The Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM is a fantastic lens within the brand’s series of wide-angle zoom lenses for the Canon 5D Mark III. It’s not just its amazing capabilities in bringing you stunning photographs, but what immediately sets this lens apart from the rest is its price point. It is considered to be one of the more reasonably priced high-end wide-angle zoom lenses on the market.
Even though it is one of the “cheaper” models, the Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM still can give you amazing quality images. It has excellent control over color balance and contrast so that photos won’t be oversaturated nor will they be too washed out.
Selecting the best wide-angle zoom lenses on the market for your Canon 5D Mark III might be a difficult task to deal with. Let this guide assist you in reaching a decision to select which of these wide-angle zoom lenses will become your next partner in your journey to become a better photographer.
- Best Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Macro Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Telephoto Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Standard Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Standard Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Telephoto Prime Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Best Travel and Portrait Lenses for Canon EOS 5D Mark III