Since it’s already officially announced, we’ve been focusing on coverage for the upcoming 8K Canon EOS R5, but that’s not all Canon has in store for 2020. Reports indicate that Canon is also working on an EOS R6—a full-frame mirrorless camera with a 20MP sensor, 20fps electronic shutter, 4K/60p video, and more.
The Canon EOS R6 mirrorless camera will be officially announced on July 9 along with Canon EOS R5, 6 New RF Lenses, and 2 Teleconverters. Here are what we know so far about the Canon EOS R6 specifications.
Canon EOS R6 Specifications: (New information in BOLD)
- 20mp full-frame CMOS sensor (not the same as the Canon 1DX Mark III)
- 12fps mechanical and 20fps electronic.
- Oversampled 5K Video
- 4K @ 60p
- FullHD @ 120p
- Canon Log
- AF identical to the EOS R5
- No RAW video mode
- Dual SD UHS-II slots
- Head detection AF
- Animal detection AF
- Identical 5 million dot EVF as the EOS R5
- No top-down screen
- Build quality not as good as the EOS R5
- Bluetooth 4.2 (EOS R5 to get Bluetooth 5.0)
- LP-E6NH Battery (Same as the EOS R5)
- Announcement July 9, 2020
- Price under $2500 USD