The Canon PowerShot ELPH 170 IS Digital Camera is a versatile and convenient point-and-shoot that offers high-resolution imaging and a long-reaching zoom in a slim body.
It has a 20MP 1/2.3-inch sensor and a long-reaching zoom “The camera’s CCD image sensor and DIGIC 4+ image processor enable it to achieve maximum sensitivity of ISO 1600 and a shooting rate of 2.2 frames per second.
A 12x optical zoom lens has an equivalent focal length range of 25-300mm, which covers a wide range of viewpoints from wide to telephoto for working in a variety of lighting circumstances.
Taking advantage of this wide zoom range is Intelligent IS image stabilization, which employs eight different stabilization mechanisms to provide crisp and clear pictures across the zoom range.
Canon PowerShot ELPH 170 IS
High-definition 720p/25p video recording is offered, as well as Scene Modes for a more creative approach to your pictures. In addition, Smart AUTO intelligently picks the appropriate camera settings based on identified scenario types, and a Help Button may be pressed to gain a more complete understanding of all of the features and settings of your camera.
Aside from utilizing the 2.7 “The ELPH 170 IS features a 230k-dot LCD monitor for viewing your compositions or playing back imagery, and it is also compatible with the optional Connect Station CS100 for wirelessly transferring and sharing your photos and movies. The ELPH 170 IS is available in black or white.
Canon PowerShot ELPH 170 IS Specs
|Max resolution||5152 x 3864|
|Other resolutions||5152 x 2896 (16:9), 3648 x 2736, 2048 x 1536, 640 x 480|
|Image ratio w:h||4:3, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||20 megapixels|
|Sensor photo detectors||21 megapixels|
|Sensor size||1/2.3″ (6.17 x 4.55 mm)|
|White balance presets||5|
|Custom white balance||Yes|
|JPEG quality levels||Fine|
|Focal length (equiv.)||25–300 mm|
|Autofocus||Contrast Detect (sensor)CenterTrackingSingleContinuousFace DetectionLive View|
|Digital zoom||Yes (4X)|
|Normal focus range||5 cm (1.97″)|
|Macro focus range||1 cm (0.39″)|
|Number of focus points||9|
|Screen type||TFT LCD|
|Minimum shutter speed||15 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/2000 sec|
|Manual exposure mode||No|
|Subject / scene modes||Yes|
|Flash range||4.00 m|
|Flash modes||Auto, on, off, slow synchro|
|Continuous drive||0.8 fps|
|Self-timer||Yes (2 or 10 sec, custom)|
|Exposure compensation||±2 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|Resolutions||1920 x 1080 (25p), 640 x 480 (30 fps)|
|Storage types||SD/SDHC/SDXC card|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|Battery description||NB-11L/LH lithium-ion battery & charger|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||200|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||141 g (0.31 lb / 4.97 oz)|
|Dimensions||100 x 58 x 23 mm (3.94 x 2.28 x 0.91″)|
Canon PowerShot ELPH 170 IS Price
Pros & Cons
- This autofocus system on the camera is able to track moving subjects.
- It has a quick shutter speed, making it perfect for taking pictures of moving subjects.
- surroundings, a really valuable asset in nature and sports photography
- Even at the highest magnification setting, this remains one of the brightest cameras in its class.
- Even in low-light situations, you’ll be able to get a steady shot thanks to the incorporated stabilizer.
- The LCD display is a practical and nearly indispensable component of the product.
- Please be advised that the Canon PowerShot ELPH 170 IS is not a tropicalized camera. It’s possible to destroy it if you use it in an inappropriate setting.
- Because of the sensor’s very small size, the quality of the images can suffer.
- The Canon PowerShot ELPH 170 IS does not, unfortunately, enable wireless connections.
- Caution: the Canon PowerShot ELPH 170 IS battery has a maximum capacity of 200,000 shots. If you anticipate having to take multiple lengthy photos without being able to recharge the device, this may be a factor that prevents you from doing so.