The Kodak PIXPRO WPZ2 is a stylish point-and-shoot camera distinguished by its long-lasting build. It has a wide range of image capabilities and is protected against dust, water, and shock. Its 16.35-megapixel BSI CMOS sensor allows for high-resolution still photography and recording of Full HD video with low noise and sensitivity ranging from ISO 100-3200. The quick performance enables burst shooting at full resolution at up to 6 frames per second and SD 480p video recording at 120 frames per second.
The imagery is complemented with a 4x optical zoom lens that can span fields of view ranging from wide-angle to short-telephoto, and digital image stabilization helps to eliminate the appearance of camera shake, resulting in more explicit photos. In addition, a rear LCD panel measuring 2.7 inches with 230 thousand dots may be used for framing and evaluating images, and built-in Wi-Fi enables wireless transmission of photographs and movies to a mobile device connected to the camera.
- The PIXPRO WPZ2 is a robust camera that may be used in extreme environments and is built to endure the rigors of adventure photography:
- Waterproof to a depth of 49.2 feet
- Shockproof up to 6.6 feet in height
- Having a classification of IP6X for resistance to dust
- In addition to producing high-resolution still images and Full HD 1080p30 video, the 16.35MP 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS sensor has a sensitivity range of ISO 100-3200, making it suitable for use in a wide variety of lighting environments.
- There is a wide-angle to the short-telephoto field of vision covered by a 4x optical zoom lens. There is also a 6x digital zoom option available to increase the effective reach of the camera further.
- When shooting handheld in challenging lighting situations or with longer lens lengths, the appearance of camera wobble can be minimized with the use of digital image stabilization, which is available.
- LCD monitor with 230k dots on the back for producing and evaluating images and navigating the menu system. It measures 2.7 inches diagonally.
- Built-in Wi-Fi makes it possible to establish a wireless connection with a smartphone or tablet, facilitating the transmission of photographs and videos for simple uploading to social media platforms.
- Autofocus settings such as single AF, multi-point AF with 25 points, and face recognition help capture a wide variety of subjects.
- The rechargeable lithium-ion battery with the LB-015 can be charged within the camera and offers around 200 images on a single charge.
- The Face Detection, Blink Detection, and Smile Detection features may all be used to help ensure that portraits are appropriately exposed, focused, and timed.
- You can create a seamless panoramic image thanks to a mode called 360° Panorama Capture, which allows you to pan around the area.
- The built-in flash offers supplemental illumination for improved visibility when operating in low-light circumstances.
Kodak PIXPRO WPZ2 Waterproof Specs
|Sensor Resolution||Actual: 16.76 Megapixel|
Effective: 16.35 Megapixel (4608 x 3456)
|Sensor Type||1/2.3″-Type CMOS|
|Focal Length||4.9 to 19.6mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 27 to 108mm)|
|Digital Zoom||6x Maximum (24x Combined Zoom)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/3 to 6.6|
1.97′ to Infinity / 60 cm to Infinity (Wide)
3.28′ to Infinity / 1 m to Infinity (Telephoto)
1.97″ to Infinity / 5 cm to Infinity (Wide)
|Optical Design||7 Elements in 7 Groups|
|Shutter Speed||1/2000 to 4 Seconds|
0 to 30 Seconds in Manual Mode
|ISO Sensitivity||100 to 3200 in Auto Mode|
|Metering Method||Artificial Intelligence AE, Center-Weighted Average, Face Detection, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Auto, Manual, Program|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|White Balance||Presets: Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Fluorescent, Fluorescent CWF, Incandescent, Manual, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 6 fps at 16 MP|
|Special Options||Beach, Fireworks, Fish-Eye Effect, Landscape, Night Landscape, Night Portrait, Panorama, Party/Indoor, Portrait, Snow, Sports, Sunset|
Still Image Capture
|Aspect Ratio||3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG|
|Internal Recording Modes||MOV/H.264|
1920 x 1080p at 29.97 fps
1280 x 720 at 29.97/59.94 fps
640 x 480 at 29.97/119.88 fps
|Built-In Microphone Type||Stereo|
|Audio Recording||2-Channel LPCM Audio|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: microSD/microSDHC|
|Internal Memory||8 MB|
|Other I/O||1 x Micro-USB (USB 2.0) Data Output|
|Global Positioning (GPS, GLONASS, etc.)||None|
|Display Type||Fixed LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Fill In, Forced On, Off, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction|
|Effective Flash Range||0.98 to 17.06′ / 0.3 to 5.2 m (Wide)|
3.28 to 7.87′ / 1 to 2.4 m (Telephoto)
|External Flash Connection||None|
|Waterproof||49.21′ / 15 m|
|Shockproof||6.56′ / 2 m|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||0 to 90%|
|Battery Type||1 x LB-015 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 3.7 VDC, 700 mAh (Approx. 200 Shots)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||3.74 x 2.48 x 0.98″ / 95 x 63 x 25 mm|
|Weight||6.21 oz / 176 g|
|Package Weight||0.83 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||5.2 x 5.1 x 3.1″|