Just like any other investment, buying cameras should be something that needs to be taken seriously. A lot of Nikon D5300 camera models are out in the market nowadays and it’s important that you know how you can choose the best one for you.
Features of one camera can greatly differ from one another, this is why a good camera comparison in the works is a good idea.
A comparison between the Nikon D5 vs Nikon D3300 is made below so that you can determine which of both would be the best model for you to buy.
Nikon D5 vs Nikon D3300
Advantage Of The Nikon D5
- 20.8MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 5 Image Processor
- 3.2" 2.36m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- 4K UHD Video Recording at 30 fps. CompactFlash (CF) (Type I,...
- Multi-CAM 20K 153-Point AF System
- Offers Touchscreen
- Has a higher maximum ISO
- Has a higher number of focus points
- Has a higher number of cross type focus points at 99
- Offers a larger LCD screen size
- Has a larger LCD screen resolution
- Gives you a wider viewfinder coverage
- Has better max shutter speed at 1/8000s
- Has better continuous shooting at 14.0fps
- Has a long battery life at 3780 shots
- Includes a headphone port and environmental sealing
- Has a time lapse recording feature
- Has better color depth of 25.1
- Better at low light ISO of 2434
- Has better sensor pixel area
- Has better maximum video resolution
- Includes a top LCD, AE Bracketing, and flash sync port
- Has pentaprism optical viewfinder
- Includes an AF micro adjustment
- Has better shutter life expectancy of 400000
- Can shoot in 4K photo mode
- Has illuminated buttons, AF motor in the body, and two storage slots
- Has better minimum focus sensitivity
The Nikon D5 is pretty impressive for a DSLR camera and this model is a must have if you want to shoot ultra-clear images. This camera also has an optical low pass type filter and an anti-reflective coating. The latter is designed as so so that the model will avoid ghosting as well as flaring. As a comparison to the Nikon D3300, the D5 has lower MP resolution, however, it also has an extended ISO range. This model actually has the widest ISO range found on a Nikon as per camera comparison. The model also has a noise reduction system designed that has been newly built in this model.
Advantage Of The Nikon D3300
- 24.2 MP CMOS DX format sensor
- 5 frames per second continuous shooting
- 11 AF points with 3d tracking
- ISO 100 12800 (expandable to 25600)
- 1080 (60, 50, 30, 25, 24 fps) hd video (mpeg...
- Has a built-in flash
- Has better maximum sensor resolution
- Is lighter than the D5
- Has better dynamic range of 12.8
Check Out: Nikon D3300 Lenses
The Nikon D5300 is a good solid DSLR camera that you can trust using. It has a solid quality of the image and also a very strong build for a Nikon D5300 camera. In comparison with the D5, the autofocus might fall on the average, or below that, the Nikon D3300 still has its own great features if placed side by side with a camera comparison.
In this comparison, the D5 would be the better choice. It actually has a higher set of features and can function a lot better. The main advantage that the D3300 has would be its light weight and portability.